Silencing; Coyotes, Kittens and Conversations; and Taking a Life
• Jensen introduces the idea that people make up lies to cover up the atrocities that people do to one another.
• He indicates that he believes that humans are self-engrossed and self-indulgent.
• Jensen notes the way that scientists would cut the vocal cords of animals they experimented on so that they would not hear the animals screams.
• Jensen believes humans would like to silence the rest of the world.
• Jensen writes about the conversations that he believes he has had with the coyotes that live on his property.
• Death is the main topic discussed in this chapter.
• Jensen also discusses the idea that sex and violence are often associated in modern culture.
Cultural Eyeglasses and Cranes
• In the chapter Cultural Eyeglasses, Jensen writes about the cultural eyeglasses that each of us is given by society to guide how...
This section contains 1,186 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)