|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time passes between Zech's trip to Fort Drum and the visit by the Seminoles?
2. Where does Sol keep his money?
3. How long ago did Tawana die, according to what Keith Tiger tells Zech?
4. What does Glenda tell Emma in confidence at the end of Chapter 25?
5. What does Sol name his real estate company?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the advice that Zech gives to Sol after Glenda dies. What are his reasons for the warning he gives Sol? Use the book as a reference to provide examples that explain why Zech looks at life the way he does at this point in the story. How does Sol follow his father's advice in his own life? Do you agree with the advice given by Zech? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Tobias and the Seminole Indians begin a lifelong friendship when they meet in a way that illustrates one of the book's main messages.
1) Describe how the MacIveys and the Seminoles first meet, the circumstances that cause the two families to cross paths, and why the events result in a respect between them both that last for three generations.
2) Analyze Tobias' character and explain what it is about his view of the world that contributes to his actions with the Seminoles.
Essay Topic 3
Tobias' willingness to help others proves to be an integral part of his family's success. Describe three examples of how Tobias' kindness is rewarded later on in his life and how it has a positive effect on the MacIvey family. Using the examples you provide, explain the main point that the author is delivering through Tobias and his acts of kindness.
This section contains 1,730 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)