Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time passes between Zech's trip to Fort Drum and the visit by the Seminoles?
2. Where does Sol keep his money?
3. How long ago did Tawana die, according to what Keith Tiger tells Zech?
4. What does Glenda tell Emma in confidence at the end of Chapter 25?
5. What does Sol name his real estate company?
Tobias' willingness to help others proves to be an integral part of his family's success. Describe three examples of how Tobias' kindness is rewarded later on in his life and how it has a positive effect on the MacIvey family. Using the examples you provide, explain the main point that the author is delivering through Tobias and his acts of kindness.
When Tobias goes to work for the Confederates, he gains things that will lead him to his dream of raising cattle, both in supplies and in experience.
1) Describe the events leading up to Tobias' work with the Cow Cavalry, his time with the Confederates, and what he is given that brings him closer to the goal of raising cattle. Also, include how Tobias' time away causes Emma and Zech to defend themselves and the author's reason for their situation.
2) Explain what happens when Tobias is recruited to work for the Confederates a second time, the main differences between it and the previous time, and what he acquires that will help him in his effort to drive cattle.
3) Describe the way the MacIveys' home is burned down, how the family reacts, and the way it unintentionally inspires Tobias to pursue his dream with even more determination.
A Land Remembered chronicles three generations of the MacIvey family.
1) Compare and contrast Tobias with Zech and Sol, analyzing how they each viewed the world, and how they changed with each generation.
2) Describe three major similarities between Tobias, Zech, and Sol in how they choose to live their lives.
3) Describe three major differences between Tobias, Zech, and Sol in how they choose to live their lives.
4) Explain how the MacIveys' story comes full circle at the end of the book and what a possible future holds for the family's name and land.
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)