|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the medicine man in the Seminole village use to remove the bullet?
2. Where does Sol build his mansion?
3. How many acres of land does Zech purchase in Okeechobee?
4. How does Tawanda react to Zech's marriage?
5. Where is the first vacation that Zech, Glenda, and Sol have?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Tobias' willingness to help others proves to be an integral part of his family's success. Describe three examples of how Tobias' kindness is rewarded later on in his life and how it has a positive effect on the MacIvey family. Using the examples you provide, explain the main point that the author is delivering through Tobias and his acts of kindness.
Essay Topic 2
A Land Remembered chronicles three generations of the MacIvey family.
1) Compare and contrast Tobias with Zech and Sol, analyzing how they each viewed the world, and how they changed with each generation.
2) Describe three major similarities between Tobias, Zech, and Sol in how they choose to live their lives.
3) Describe three major differences between Tobias, Zech, and Sol in how they choose to live their lives.
4) Explain how the MacIveys' story comes full circle at the end of the book and what a possible future holds for the family's name and land.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze Sol and Toby's relationship from the way it began to their last meeting, which occurs at the beginning of the book. Use the entire story as a reference in describing their disagreement, the major differences in how they each view the world, the reasons for those differences, and how they are eventually resolved. Also, include how the author uses irony in this part of the story.
This section contains 1,689 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)