|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Sol leave the MacIvey homestead?
2. How many acres does Zech's plan initially involve?
(a) Twenty five thousand acres.
(b) Fifteen thousand acres.
(c) Ten thousand acres.
(d) Twenty thousand acres.
3. When does Zech die?
(a) The spring of 1905.
(b) The summer of 1905.
(c) The winter of 1905.
(d) The fall of 1905.
4. How does Glenda die?
(a) She dies from malaria.
(b) She dies in childbirth.
(c) She is killed by a bull.
(d) She is killed after falling.
5. How much are the cows sold for at Punta Rassa in 1892?
(a) Thirty dollars each.
(b) Ten dollars each.
(c) Twenty dollars each.
(d) Twenty-five dollars each.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tawanda warn Zech about before he leaves the camp?
2. How long ago did Tawana die, according to what Keith Tiger tells Zech?
3. What does the medicine man in the Seminole village use to remove the bullet?
4. What year does Sol launch the MacIvey Produce Company?
5. Besides wolves, what does the MacIvey family face on Glenda's first cattle drive?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Sol and Toby meet for the second time?
2. How does Glenda suffer her first miscarriage?
3. What is the contrast between Emma and Tobias on Zech's wedding day?
4. How does Emma die, and what is Tobias' response?
5. Where do Sol and Bonnie live, and how does Sol store his money?
6. How does Sol meet Bonnie, and what is interesting about their relationship?
7. What are some of the exciting things happening for the MacIvey family in February of 1880?
8. How does Bonnie die?
9. What leads Sol to visit the Seminole village for the first time and what does he learn there?
10. What happens during Glenda's first cattle drive with the MacIveys?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)