|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sol respond to the way real estate is taking over the land his family owns?
(a) He is horrified and refuses to profit from it.
(b) He is horrified, but cannot resist the profit.
(c) He refuses to think about it and chooses to only focus on the profit.
(d) He is happy because of the profit he is making.
2. How does Glenda die?
(a) She dies from malaria.
(b) She dies in childbirth.
(c) She is killed after falling.
(d) She is killed by a bull.
3. Where is Zech and Glenda's marriage?
(a) Fort Myers.
(b) Fort Drum.
(c) Port Orange.
(d) Port St. John.
4. How does Tobias react to his new suit?
(a) He cannot tolerate it.
(b) He likes the color, but not the length.
(c) He likes the way it fits, but not the color.
(d) He likes it.
5. How often is Zech planning on purchasing orange trees from Fort Dallas?
(a) Every month.
(b) Once a year.
(c) Once every two years.
(d) Twice a year.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many orange trees does Zech purchase in Fort Dallas?
2. How many other people were killed during the same hurricane that claims Bonnie's life?
3. How much time passes between Zech's trip to Fort Drum and the visit by the Seminoles?
4. How many cows does the MacIvey family have when they reach the market on Glenda's first cattle drive?
5. Where does the local doctor tell Zech there is a specialist who might be able to remove the bullet?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the oranges reflect the state of Tobias and the MacIvey family after Emma's death?
2. How does Glenda die, and what advice does Zech give to Sol afterward?
3. What news does Keith Tiger bring to Zech at the end of Chapter 34, and how does he respond?
4. Where do Sol and Bonnie live, and how does Sol store his money?
5. What happens when Sol and Toby meet for the second time?
6. What is the contrast between Emma and Tobias on Zech's wedding day?
7. When and how is Zech killed?
8. How does Emma die, and what is Tobias' response?
9. How does Tawanda react to Zech's marriage?
10. How does Zech deal with the cattle rustlers in 1896?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)