|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Emma feel about Zech's plan for the land?
(a) She ignores it.
(b) She disagrees.
(c) She does not understand it.
(d) She agrees.
2. Where is the first vacation that Zech, Glenda, and Sol have?
(a) Palm Beach.
(b) Key West.
3. How many cows do the MacIveys have in 1892 when they reach Punta Rassa?
(a) Less than one thousand.
(b) Over two thousand.
(c) Over three thousand.
(d) Less than two thousand.
4. What does Sol think of Toby with regards to land development?
(a) He thinks Toby is naive.
(b) He thinks Toby is confused.
(c) He thinks Toby is misinformed.
(d) He thinks Toby is intelligent.
5. How does Zech die?
(a) He is trampled by a stampede of horses.
(b) He drowns.
(c) He dies in his sleep.
(d) He is struck with pneumonia.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men are standing in Tobias' way during a cattle drive at the end of Chapter 28?
2. When does Sol leave the MacIvey homestead?
3. How many more miscarriages has Glenda suffered by 1888?
4. Where does Bonnie die?
5. How does Sol respond to the way real estate is taking over the land his family owns?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Zech deal with the cattle rustlers in 1896?
2. How does Zech see Tawanda for the second time?
3. What is the contrast between Emma and Tobias on Zech's wedding day?
4. Why does Sol decide to leave the MacIvey homestead?
5. What happens during Glenda's first cattle drive with the MacIveys?
6. What advice does Tobias give to Zech after the cows are slaughtered?
7. What news does Tawanda have for Zech on his visit to the Seminole village after the cattle drive?
8. What are some of the exciting things happening for the MacIvey family in February of 1880?
9. How does Tobias die?
10. What is the contrasting way that Glenda and Zech react to Palm Beach?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)