|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days does the family rest after Glenda's miscarriage?
2. How does Toby react to the land that Sol has purchased for his produce company?
(a) He is happy.
(b) He is sad.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is outraged.
3. Where does Sol die?
(b) Punta Rassa.
(c) West Palm Beach.
(d) Port St. John.
4. Where do the MacIveys build a cabin for the trips they make to Punta Rassa?
(a) On the land that Zech won years earlier.
(b) On the land the Indians have given them.
(c) On land that they have recently purchased.
(d) On land that Tobias inherited.
5. How old is Sol in 1892?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the medicine man in the Seminole village use to remove the bullet?
2. How does the clerk respond to the amount of money Zech is spending on the land he purchases in Okeechobee?
3. Where does Sol keep his money?
4. Where do Zech, Glenda, and Sol buy more orange trees after the winter storms?
5. Where do Zech and Glenda spend their honeymoon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice does Tobias give to Zech after the cows are slaughtered?
2. What happens during Glenda's first cattle drive with the MacIveys?
3. How does Glenda die, and what advice does Zech give to Sol afterward?
4. How does Zech see Tawanda for the second time?
5. How does Tawanda react to Zech's marriage?
6. How do the oranges reflect the state of Tobias and the MacIvey family after Emma's death?
7. When and how is Zech killed?
8. How has the price of cattle grown in 1892, and what important land decision does Zech make after the cattle drive?
9. How is the MacIvey story brought full circle in the way the book ends?
10. How does Bonnie die?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)