|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prevents the MacIveys from staying at the Royal Poinciana Hotel?
(a) Zech does not fit in with the other guests.
(b) The hotel does not accept gold for payment.
(c) Zech has left his money in another town.
(d) Glenda would prefer to stay at a less elegant hotel.
2. Where does Sol build his mansion?
(a) Miami Beach.
(b) Key Biscayne.
(c) Miami Springs.
(d) Key West.
3. What year does Sol launch the MacIvey Produce Company?
4. How does Zech respond to the blocked prairie that prohibits trespassing?
(a) He does not know about it.
(b) He is irate.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is discouraged.
5. Why does Emma recommend going another way when they face the blocked prairie?
(a) To prevent a war.
(b) To prevent injury to the cattle.
(c) To get the sheriff.
(d) It will save time.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children do Zech and Tawanda have?
2. How does Tawanda react to Zech's marriage?
3. What is Emma doing when she collapses?
4. How long ago did Tawana die, according to what Keith Tiger tells Zech?
5. Where is Zech and Glenda's marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bonnie die?
2. What plan does Zech confide in Emma before the wedding?
3. What news does Tawanda have for Zech on his visit to the Seminole village after the cattle drive?
4. How does Tawanda react to Zech's marriage?
5. What events change Sol's mind about land development?
6. What is the contrasting way that Glenda and Zech react to Palm Beach?
7. What happens when Sol and Toby meet for the second time?
8. What event in 1892 causes Tobias to wonder about the future of the cattle driving business?
9. What news does Keith Tiger bring to Zech at the end of Chapter 34, and how does he respond?
10. How does Zech deal with the cattle rustlers in 1896?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)