|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Tobias grieve and ignore the orange trees?
(a) One year.
(b) One month.
(c) Two years.
(d) Two months.
2. How many acres of land does Zech purchase in Okeechobee?
(a) Eighty thousand acres.
(b) Sixty thousand acres.
(c) Forty thousand acres.
(d) One hundred thousand acres.
3. What does Zech give to Toby before he leaves the Seminole camp?
(a) A rifle and a knife.
(b) A rifle, a knife, and a whip.
(c) A rifle and a whip.
(d) A knife and a whip.
4. What prevents the MacIveys from staying at the Royal Poinciana Hotel?
(a) Glenda would prefer to stay at a less elegant hotel.
(b) The hotel does not accept gold for payment.
(c) Zech does not fit in with the other guests.
(d) Zech has left his money in another town.
5. When does Sol head the MacIvey State Bank?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the MacIveys build a cabin for the trips they make to Punta Rassa?
2. When is Bonnie killed?
3. When is Zech's son, Solomon, born?
4. Who takes over Emma's chores after she passes away?
5. What causes the trip back from Punta Rassa to be slower in Chapter 32?
Short Essay Questions
1. What changes have happened for the MacIveys when Chapter 29 begins in 1888?
2. How does Sol meet Bonnie, and what is interesting about their relationship?
3. How does Zech deal with the cattle rustlers in 1896?
4. What leads Sol to visit the Seminole village for the first time and what does he learn there?
5. How does Glenda suffer her first miscarriage?
6. What are some of the exciting things happening for the MacIvey family in February of 1880?
7. How does Glenda die, and what advice does Zech give to Sol afterward?
8. What happens when Sol and Toby meet for the second time?
9. What happens during Glenda's first cattle drive with the MacIveys?
10. How has the price of cattle grown in 1892, and what important land decision does Zech make after the cattle drive?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)