|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bonnie die?
(a) Palm Beach.
(c) Fort Drum.
(d) Punta Rassa.
2. Where does Sol build his mansion?
(a) Miami Springs.
(b) Miami Beach.
(c) Key Biscayne.
(d) Key West.
3. When is Bonnie killed?
(a) September, 1938.
(b) November, 1928.
(c) September, 1928.
(d) November, 1938.
4. What is Emma doing when she collapses?
(a) Cooking a meal.
(b) Picking oranges.
(c) Washing clothes.
(d) Gathering berries.
5. What does the medicine man in the Seminole village use to remove the bullet?
(a) His teeth.
(b) A knife.
(c) A sharpened rock.
(d) A sharpened piece of wood.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tobias react to his new suit?
2. How many cows do the MacIveys have in 1892 when they reach Punta Rassa?
3. Where does Sol purchase his first piece of land?
4. How many men are standing in Tobias' way during a cattle drive at the end of Chapter 28?
5. What does Zech plan to do with the land Tobias has worked on?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sol meet Bonnie, and what is interesting about their relationship?
2. What news does Tawanda have for Zech on his visit to the Seminole village after the cattle drive?
3. What are some of the exciting things happening for the MacIvey family in February of 1880?
4. What news does Keith Tiger bring to Zech at the end of Chapter 34, and how does he respond?
5. How does Glenda suffer her first miscarriage?
6. What happens when Sol and Toby meet for the second time?
7. Where do Sol and Bonnie live, and how does Sol store his money?
8. What events change Sol's mind about land development?
9. Why does Sol decide to leave the MacIvey homestead?
10. What happens during Glenda's first cattle drive with the MacIveys?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)