|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many acres does Zech's plan initially involve?
(a) Twenty five thousand acres.
(b) Ten thousand acres.
(c) Fifteen thousand acres.
(d) Twenty thousand acres.
2. What does Sol name his real estate company?
(a) The MacIvey Development Company.
(b) The MacIvey Real Estate and Development Company.
(c) The MacIvey Real Estate Company.
(d) The MacIvey Land Development Company.
3. What month does Zech travel south to find new marshtackies?
4. When does Sol head the MacIvey State Bank?
5. How does Glenda die?
(a) She is killed after falling.
(b) She dies in childbirth.
(c) She dies from malaria.
(d) She is killed by a bull.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the trip back from Punta Rassa to be slower in Chapter 32?
2. How does Tawanda react to Zech's marriage?
3. What does Zech buy for Emma at the mercantile?
4. How many orange trees does Zech purchase in Fort Dallas?
5. How many other people were killed during the same hurricane that claims Bonnie's life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the exciting things happening for the MacIvey family in February of 1880?
2. How is the MacIvey story brought full circle in the way the book ends?
3. What is the contrast between Emma and Tobias on Zech's wedding day?
4. What is the contrasting way that Glenda and Zech react to Palm Beach?
5. How do the oranges reflect the state of Tobias and the MacIvey family after Emma's death?
6. How does Emma die, and what is Tobias' response?
7. How has the price of cattle grown in 1892, and what important land decision does Zech make after the cattle drive?
8. Why does Sol decide to leave the MacIvey homestead?
9. What news does Keith Tiger bring to Zech at the end of Chapter 34, and how does he respond?
10. What advice does Tobias give to Zech after the cows are slaughtered?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)