|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bonnie die?
(a) Palm Beach.
(b) Punta Rassa.
(c) Fort Drum.
2. Where does Tobias continue to store the gold that he receives for the cattle?
(a) In lockers.
(b) In a bank.
(c) In a vault.
(d) In a safe.
3. Where do the MacIveys build a cabin for the trips they make to Punta Rassa?
(a) On land that they have recently purchased.
(b) On the land the Indians have given them.
(c) On land that Tobias inherited.
(d) On the land that Zech won years earlier.
4. What does Glenda tell Emma in confidence at the end of Chapter 25?
(a) That she is pregnant.
(b) That she wants to have children, but Zech does not.
(c) That she is not pregnant.
(d) That Zech wants to have children, but she does not.
5. How does Tawanda die?
(a) In childbirth.
(b) In a hunting accident.
(c) Food poisoning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year does Chapter 42 begin?
2. What does Tawanda warn Zech about before he leaves the camp?
3. When is Zech's son, Solomon, born?
4. Where does Sol purchase his first piece of land?
5. How does Emma feel about Zech's plan for the land?
Short Essay Questions
1. When and how is Zech killed?
2. What news does Tawanda have for Zech on his visit to the Seminole village after the cattle drive?
3. What plan does Zech confide in Emma before the wedding?
4. What news does Keith Tiger bring to Zech at the end of Chapter 34, and how does he respond?
5. How has the price of cattle grown in 1892, and what important land decision does Zech make after the cattle drive?
6. How does Zech see Tawanda for the second time?
7. How does Tawanda react to Zech's marriage?
8. How does Bonnie die?
9. What is the contrast between Emma and Tobias on Zech's wedding day?
10. How does Emma die, and what is Tobias' response?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)