|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year does Sol launch the MacIvey Produce Company?
2. What does Tobias do to cause the orange trees to bloom successfully?
(a) He plants taller trees.
(b) He plants twice as many trees.
(c) He plants the trees in a different location.
(d) He plants half as many trees.
3. How does Toby react to the land that Sol has purchased for his produce company?
(a) He is happy.
(b) He is outraged.
(c) He is sad.
(d) He is confused.
4. How many cows does the MacIvey family have when they reach the market on Glenda's first cattle drive?
(a) Less than one thousand.
(b) Less than two thousand.
(c) Over three thousand.
(d) Over two thousand.
5. How many children do Zech and Tawanda have?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tawanda die?
2. How many days does the family rest after Glenda's miscarriage?
3. How long ago had Keith Tiger passed away when Sol visits the Seminole village?
4. How many cows do the MacIveys have in 1892 when they reach Punta Rassa?
5. What does Sol think of Toby with regards to land development?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has the price of cattle grown in 1892, and what important land decision does Zech make after the cattle drive?
2. What is the contrasting way that Glenda and Zech react to Palm Beach?
3. What is the contrast between Emma and Tobias on Zech's wedding day?
4. How do the oranges reflect the state of Tobias and the MacIvey family after Emma's death?
5. What happens during Glenda's first cattle drive with the MacIveys?
6. How does Emma die, and what is Tobias' response?
7. What leads Sol to visit the Seminole village for the first time and what does he learn there?
8. How does Tawanda react to Zech's marriage?
9. What events change Sol's mind about land development?
10. What news does Tawanda have for Zech on his visit to the Seminole village after the cattle drive?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)