|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the first vacation that Zech, Glenda, and Sol have?
(b) Key West.
(c) Palm Beach.
2. How does Emma feel about Zech's plan for the land?
(a) She ignores it.
(b) She agrees.
(c) She does not understand it.
(d) She disagrees.
3. How does Tobias react to his new suit?
(a) He likes it.
(b) He cannot tolerate it.
(c) He likes the way it fits, but not the color.
(d) He likes the color, but not the length.
4. What does Toby call Sol before he leaves the village?
(a) A bitter enemy.
(b) A good friend.
(c) A traitor.
(d) A former friend.
5. What does Zech give to Toby before he leaves the Seminole camp?
(a) A rifle and a whip.
(b) A rifle, a knife, and a whip.
(c) A rifle and a knife.
(d) A knife and a whip.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Zech respond to Glenda's miscarriage?
2. Where does Sol meet Bonnie O'Neil?
3. How does Tawanda react to Zech's marriage?
4. Where do Zech, Glenda, and Sol buy more orange trees after the winter storms?
5. How old is Sol in 1892?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sol decide to leave the MacIvey homestead?
2. What happens when Sol and Toby meet for the second time?
3. What is the contrasting way that Glenda and Zech react to Palm Beach?
4. What event in 1892 causes Tobias to wonder about the future of the cattle driving business?
5. What news does Keith Tiger bring to Zech at the end of Chapter 34, and how does he respond?
6. How does Zech deal with the cattle rustlers in 1896?
7. When and how is Zech killed?
8. How does Glenda suffer her first miscarriage?
9. What news does Tawanda have for Zech on his visit to the Seminole village after the cattle drive?
10. How is the MacIvey story brought full circle in the way the book ends?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)