|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tobias react to his new suit?
(a) He cannot tolerate it.
(b) He likes it.
(c) He likes the way it fits, but not the color.
(d) He likes the color, but not the length.
2. What does Zech buy for Emma at the mercantile?
(a) A new coat.
(b) A new dress.
(c) New shoes.
(d) A necklace.
3. What does Toby call Sol before he leaves the village?
(a) A good friend.
(b) A traitor.
(c) A former friend.
(d) A bitter enemy.
4. How does Zech die?
(a) He is struck with pneumonia.
(b) He drowns.
(c) He is trampled by a stampede of horses.
(d) He dies in his sleep.
5. How does Toby react to the land that Sol has purchased for his produce company?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is sad.
(c) He is happy.
(d) He is outraged.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many winter storms threaten the orange trees?
2. What is Emma doing when she collapses?
3. Where does Zech hire the men to help him deal with the cattle rustlers?
4. How many men are standing in Tobias' way during a cattle drive at the end of Chapter 28?
5. How many cattle drives are the MacIveys doing in 1888?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the contrast between Emma and Tobias on Zech's wedding day?
2. How has the price of cattle grown in 1892, and what important land decision does Zech make after the cattle drive?
3. What changes have happened for the MacIveys when Chapter 29 begins in 1888?
4. What events change Sol's mind about land development?
5. What event in 1892 causes Tobias to wonder about the future of the cattle driving business?
6. How does Tawanda react to Zech's marriage?
7. How does Zech see Tawanda for the second time?
8. When and how is Zech killed?
9. What happens during Glenda's first cattle drive with the MacIveys?
10. How does Emma die, and what is Tobias' response?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)