|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much are the cows sold for at Punta Rassa in 1892?
(a) Thirty dollars each.
(b) Twenty dollars each.
(c) Ten dollars each.
(d) Twenty-five dollars each.
2. How many more miscarriages has Glenda suffered by 1888?
3. How many men are standing in Tobias' way during a cattle drive at the end of Chapter 28?
(a) One hundred and fifty.
(c) Two hundred and fifty.
(d) One hundred.
4. What is Emma doing when she collapses?
(a) Picking oranges.
(b) Cooking a meal.
(c) Gathering berries.
(d) Washing clothes.
5. How many days does the family rest after Glenda's miscarriage?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Glenda tell Emma in confidence at the end of Chapter 25?
2. Where do the MacIveys build a cabin for the trips they make to Punta Rassa?
3. When is the date set for Zech and Glenda's wedding?
4. How does Tawanda react to Zech's marriage?
5. Where is Zech and Glenda's marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does Tawanda have for Zech on his visit to the Seminole village after the cattle drive?
2. How does Bonnie die?
3. What advice does Tobias give to Zech after the cows are slaughtered?
4. What is the contrast between Emma and Tobias on Zech's wedding day?
5. When and how is Zech killed?
6. How has the price of cattle grown in 1892, and what important land decision does Zech make after the cattle drive?
7. What plan does Zech confide in Emma before the wedding?
8. How does Tawanda react to Zech's marriage?
9. What changes have happened for the MacIveys when Chapter 29 begins in 1888?
10. What are some of the exciting things happening for the MacIvey family in February of 1880?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)