|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long ago did Tawana die, according to what Keith Tiger tells Zech?
(a) A few years ago.
(b) One year ago.
(c) Many years ago.
(d) A few months ago.
2. How does Zech respond to the blocked prairie that prohibits trespassing?
(a) He is discouraged.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is irate.
(d) He does not know about it.
3. Why does Emma recommend going another way when they face the blocked prairie?
(a) To prevent injury to the cattle.
(b) To get the sheriff.
(c) To prevent a war.
(d) It will save time.
4. How many other people were killed during the same hurricane that claims Bonnie's life?
(a) More than three thousand.
(b) Less than two thousand.
(c) Three thousand.
(d) Two thousand.
5. When does Zech die?
(a) The winter of 1905.
(b) The fall of 1905.
(c) The spring of 1905.
(d) The summer of 1905.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prevents the MacIveys from staying at the Royal Poinciana Hotel?
2. What does Toby call Sol before he leaves the village?
3. When is Bonnie killed?
4. Besides Florida cities, what other cities does the MacIvey Produce Company supply businesses in?
5. How old is Sol in 1892?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Sol and Bonnie live, and how does Sol store his money?
2. How has the price of cattle grown in 1892, and what important land decision does Zech make after the cattle drive?
3. What changes have happened for the MacIveys when Chapter 29 begins in 1888?
4. What happens when Sol and Toby meet for the second time?
5. How does Glenda die, and what advice does Zech give to Sol afterward?
6. How does Sol meet Bonnie, and what is interesting about their relationship?
7. What advice does Tobias give to Zech after the cows are slaughtered?
8. What happens during Glenda's first cattle drive with the MacIveys?
9. How does Zech deal with the cattle rustlers in 1896?
10. What is the contrasting way that Glenda and Zech react to Palm Beach?
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)