|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prevents the MacIveys from staying at the Royal Poinciana Hotel?
(a) Zech has left his money in another town.
(b) Glenda would prefer to stay at a less elegant hotel.
(c) The hotel does not accept gold for payment.
(d) Zech does not fit in with the other guests.
2. What is Emma doing when she collapses?
(a) Washing clothes.
(b) Cooking a meal.
(c) Gathering berries.
(d) Picking oranges.
3. How does Zech respond to the blocked prairie that prohibits trespassing?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is irate.
(c) He does not know about it.
(d) He is discouraged.
4. Where do Zech and Glenda spend their honeymoon?
(a) In the wilderness.
(b) On a riverboat.
(c) In Miami.
(d) In Jacksonville.
5. Where is the first vacation that Zech, Glenda, and Sol have?
(a) Palm Beach.
(b) Key West.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Zech's son, Solomon, born?
2. Where do Zech, Glenda, and Sol buy more orange trees after the winter storms?
3. How long does Tobias grieve and ignore the orange trees?
4. Where does Sol purchase his first piece of land?
5. Why does Emma recommend going another way when they face the blocked prairie?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)