|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many winter storms threaten the orange trees?
2. What does Tobias die from?
(a) Natural causes.
(c) He falls.
3. What does Zech buy for Emma at the mercantile?
(a) New shoes.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A new dress.
(d) A new coat.
4. When is Bonnie killed?
(a) September, 1928.
(b) September, 1938.
(c) November, 1928.
(d) November, 1938.
5. How does Tawanda die?
(b) In a hunting accident.
(c) In childbirth.
(d) Food poisoning.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many provisions can Zech purchase at Fort Drum after the winter storms?
2. What does Keith Tiger tell Zech that Tawanda had accepted about their relationship?
3. During a cattle drive in 1892, what are the men drilling for, causing Tobias to wonder what will happen when all of the land is purchased?
4. How many cows do the MacIveys have in 1892 when they reach Punta Rassa?
5. Besides wolves, what does the MacIvey family face on Glenda's first cattle drive?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tawanda react to Zech's marriage?
2. What news does Tawanda have for Zech on his visit to the Seminole village after the cattle drive?
3. Where do Sol and Bonnie live, and how does Sol store his money?
4. How does Glenda die, and what advice does Zech give to Sol afterward?
5. What leads Sol to visit the Seminole village for the first time and what does he learn there?
6. When and how is Zech killed?
7. What advice does Tobias give to Zech after the cows are slaughtered?
8. What are some of the exciting things happening for the MacIvey family in February of 1880?
9. How do the oranges reflect the state of Tobias and the MacIvey family after Emma's death?
10. What happens during Glenda's first cattle drive with the MacIveys?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)