|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is Bonnie killed?
(a) September, 1928.
(b) November, 1938.
(c) September, 1938.
(d) November, 1928.
2. How many other people were killed during the same hurricane that claims Bonnie's life?
(a) Three thousand.
(b) Two thousand.
(c) More than three thousand.
(d) Less than two thousand.
3. How many provisions can Zech purchase at Fort Drum after the winter storms?
(b) Only a small amount.
(c) A little less than normal.
(d) As many as he needs.
4. How does Zech feel in the city while shopping with Glenda?
(a) He is upset by it.
(b) He is entertained by it.
(c) He is uncomfortable with it.
(d) He is enjoying it.
5. How many cows does the MacIvey family have when they reach the market on Glenda's first cattle drive?
(a) Less than one thousand.
(b) Less than two thousand.
(c) Over three thousand.
(d) Over two thousand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sol die?
2. What does Sol think of Toby with regards to land development?
3. How does Tobias feel about Zech's plan for the land he has worked on?
4. What does the medicine man in the Seminole village use to remove the bullet?
5. When is the date set for Zech and Glenda's wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does Keith Tiger bring to Zech at the end of Chapter 34, and how does he respond?
2. What leads Sol to visit the Seminole village for the first time and what does he learn there?
3. What are some of the exciting things happening for the MacIvey family in February of 1880?
4. How does Tawanda react to Zech's marriage?
5. What is the contrast between Emma and Tobias on Zech's wedding day?
6. How does Glenda die, and what advice does Zech give to Sol afterward?
7. What event in 1892 causes Tobias to wonder about the future of the cattle driving business?
8. How does Zech deal with the cattle rustlers in 1896?
9. Why does Sol decide to leave the MacIvey homestead?
10. When and how is Zech killed?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)