|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Glenda tell Emma in confidence at the end of Chapter 25?
(a) That she wants to have children, but Zech does not.
(b) That Zech wants to have children, but she does not.
(c) That she is pregnant.
(d) That she is not pregnant.
2. How does Tobias react to his new suit?
(a) He likes it.
(b) He likes the color, but not the length.
(c) He cannot tolerate it.
(d) He likes the way it fits, but not the color.
3. How does Glenda die?
(a) She is killed by a bull.
(b) She dies from malaria.
(c) She is killed after falling.
(d) She dies in childbirth.
4. When does Sol leave the MacIvey homestead?
5. How does Tobias feel about Zech's plan for the land he has worked on?
(a) He is upset.
(b) He is unaware of the plan.
(c) He is happy.
(d) He is confused.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sol purchase his first piece of land?
2. How does Zech feel in the city while shopping with Glenda?
3. How old is Sol in 1892?
4. How much are the cows sold for at Punta Rassa in 1892?
5. What does the medicine man in the Seminole village use to remove the bullet?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the MacIvey story brought full circle in the way the book ends?
2. What news does Tawanda have for Zech on his visit to the Seminole village after the cattle drive?
3. What are some of the exciting things happening for the MacIvey family in February of 1880?
4. How does Glenda suffer her first miscarriage?
5. How does Zech see Tawanda for the second time?
6. What happens when Sol and Toby meet for the second time?
7. What happens during Glenda's first cattle drive with the MacIveys?
8. How does Zech deal with the cattle rustlers in 1896?
9. How does Bonnie die?
10. How does Glenda die, and what advice does Zech give to Sol afterward?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)