|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bonnie die?
(a) Palm Beach.
(c) Punta Rassa.
(d) Fort Drum.
2. How many acres of land does Zech purchase in Okeechobee?
(a) Sixty thousand acres.
(b) One hundred thousand acres.
(c) Eighty thousand acres.
(d) Forty thousand acres.
3. How many cattle drives are the MacIveys doing in 1888?
(a) Only one every three years.
(b) Only two every year.
(c) Only one every two years.
(d) Only one every year.
4. When does Sol head the MacIvey State Bank?
5. Where does Sol die?
(b) Punta Rassa.
(c) West Palm Beach.
(d) Port St. John.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sol keep his money?
2. What is Emma doing when she collapses?
3. Where do Sol and Bonnie build their home?
4. How does Zech die?
5. Where is the first vacation that Zech, Glenda, and Sol have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the contrasting way that Glenda and Zech react to Palm Beach?
2. How is the MacIvey story brought full circle in the way the book ends?
3. How does Emma die, and what is Tobias' response?
4. How does Glenda die, and what advice does Zech give to Sol afterward?
5. How do the oranges reflect the state of Tobias and the MacIvey family after Emma's death?
6. What happens during Glenda's first cattle drive with the MacIveys?
7. How does Bonnie die?
8. How does Glenda suffer her first miscarriage?
9. Where do Sol and Bonnie live, and how does Sol store his money?
10. How does Sol meet Bonnie, and what is interesting about their relationship?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)