|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Zech shot during the battle with the cattle rustlers?
(a) His shoulder.
(b) His ankle.
(c) His leg.
(d) His arm.
2. How many acres does Zech's plan initially involve?
(a) Ten thousand acres.
(b) Twenty five thousand acres.
(c) Fifteen thousand acres.
(d) Twenty thousand acres.
3. How long ago had Keith Tiger passed away when Sol visits the Seminole village?
(a) Two years ago.
(b) Four years ago.
(c) Three years ago.
(d) Five years ago.
4. How many men are standing in Tobias' way during a cattle drive at the end of Chapter 28?
(a) One hundred and fifty.
(b) One hundred.
(d) Two hundred and fifty.
5. During a cattle drive in 1892, what are the men drilling for, causing Tobias to wonder what will happen when all of the land is purchased?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Toby call Sol before he leaves the village?
2. When does Zech die?
3. What does Zech plan to do with the land Tobias has worked on?
4. How many acres of land does Zech purchase in Okeechobee?
5. How long ago did Tawana die, according to what Keith Tiger tells Zech?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sol meet Bonnie, and what is interesting about their relationship?
2. What is the contrast between Emma and Tobias on Zech's wedding day?
3. What news does Tawanda have for Zech on his visit to the Seminole village after the cattle drive?
4. What events change Sol's mind about land development?
5. When and how is Zech killed?
6. What event in 1892 causes Tobias to wonder about the future of the cattle driving business?
7. How has the price of cattle grown in 1892, and what important land decision does Zech make after the cattle drive?
8. What advice does Tobias give to Zech after the cows are slaughtered?
9. What happens when Sol and Toby meet for the second time?
10. How does Emma die, and what is Tobias' response?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)