|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Zech and Glenda spend their honeymoon?
(a) In Jacksonville.
(b) In Miami.
(c) On a riverboat.
(d) In the wilderness.
2. What does Keith Tiger tell Zech that Tawanda had accepted about their relationship?
(a) The complications of it.
(b) The inconvenience of it.
(c) The frustration of it.
(d) Only the good parts of it.
3. What prevents the MacIveys from staying at the Royal Poinciana Hotel?
(a) Zech does not fit in with the other guests.
(b) Zech has left his money in another town.
(c) The hotel does not accept gold for payment.
(d) Glenda would prefer to stay at a less elegant hotel.
4. How many cattle drives are the MacIveys doing in 1888?
(a) Only one every two years.
(b) Only two every year.
(c) Only one every year.
(d) Only one every three years.
5. When is the date set for Zech and Glenda's wedding?
(a) The last week in April.
(b) The first week in April.
(c) The first week in February.
(d) The last week in February.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Emma recommend going another way when they face the blocked prairie?
2. How many provisions can Zech purchase at Fort Drum after the winter storms?
3. Where does Bonnie die?
4. What does Glenda tell Emma in confidence at the end of Chapter 25?
5. How many more miscarriages has Glenda suffered by 1888?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Zech see Tawanda for the second time?
2. What happens during Glenda's first cattle drive with the MacIveys?
3. What events change Sol's mind about land development?
4. What happens when Sol and Toby meet for the second time?
5. How does Tobias die?
6. Where do Sol and Bonnie live, and how does Sol store his money?
7. What plan does Zech confide in Emma before the wedding?
8. What is the contrasting way that Glenda and Zech react to Palm Beach?
9. How does Bonnie die?
10. What news does Tawanda have for Zech on his visit to the Seminole village after the cattle drive?
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)