|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sol meet Bonnie O'Neil?
(c) West Palm Beach.
(d) Clearwater Beach.
2. Where does Sol build his mansion?
(a) Key West.
(b) Miami Springs.
(c) Key Biscayne.
(d) Miami Beach.
3. How many acres of land does Zech purchase in Okeechobee?
(a) Sixty thousand acres.
(b) Eighty thousand acres.
(c) Forty thousand acres.
(d) One hundred thousand acres.
4. What month does Zech travel south to find new marshtackies?
5. Where does Tobias continue to store the gold that he receives for the cattle?
(a) In a bank.
(b) In a vault.
(c) In a safe.
(d) In lockers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tawanda die?
2. Where do Zech and Glenda spend their honeymoon?
3. What year do the orange trees finally start blooming?
4. Besides wolves, what does the MacIvey family face on Glenda's first cattle drive?
5. What does Glenda tell Emma in confidence at the end of Chapter 25?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Glenda die, and what advice does Zech give to Sol afterward?
2. How does Bonnie die?
3. How does Tawanda react to Zech's marriage?
4. What events change Sol's mind about land development?
5. How does Tobias die?
6. What plan does Zech confide in Emma before the wedding?
7. What is the contrasting way that Glenda and Zech react to Palm Beach?
8. How do the oranges reflect the state of Tobias and the MacIvey family after Emma's death?
9. Why does Sol decide to leave the MacIvey homestead?
10. How does Sol meet Bonnie, and what is interesting about their relationship?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)