Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is it after they try to catch the bull that Zech finds the marshtackie in the pen?
(a) One day.
(b) One week.
(c) One year.
(d) One month.
2. What does Tobias do to the cowboys after hearing that they hung the Indians?
(a) He shoots them.
(b) He whips them.
(c) He punches them.
(d) He pushes them.
3. What color is the marshtackie that Zech finds?
4. Where did the McIvey family move from to start their new life in Florida?
5. How much money does Tobias accept from the Indians for the cows?
(b) Only five dollars.
(c) Only three dollars.
(d) Only seven dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old man warn Tobias about the swamp area?
2. Where is the trading post located?
3. What does Tobias kill to provide Zech with the first beef he has ever eaten?
4. What river does the Cow Cavalry drive the cattle across?
5. How long has the Civil War been over when Tobias' cattle business begins to take off?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Glenda die, and what advice does Zech give to Sol afterward?
2. How does Zech deal with the cattle rustlers in 1896?
3. How do the MacIvey family and the Seminole Indians meet?
4. What leads Sol to visit the Seminole village for the first time and what does he learn there?
5. When and how is Zech killed?
6. What does Solomon ask Toby in the beginning of the book, and what is Toby's response?
7. What plan does Zech confide in Emma before the wedding?
8. What does Tobias find when he returns home after his second work experience with the Confederates?
9. How do the oranges reflect the state of Tobias and the MacIvey family after Emma's death?
10. How do Zech, Bonzo, and Frog lose the cows they have herded and what is Tobias' response?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)