|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much is Tobias told the cattle is being purchased for before being shipped to Cuba?
(a) Ten dollars per head.
(b) Twelve dollars per head.
(c) Twenty dollars per head.
(d) Fifteen dollars per head.
2. What river does the Cow Cavalry drive the cattle across?
(a) St. Johns River.
(b) St. Marys River.
(c) Indian River.
(d) Nassau River.
3. How many cows does Tobias give to James Tiger and Willie Cypress?
4. What is the Everglades area known as to the Indians?
(a) The Endless River.
(b) The River of Grass.
(c) The River of Dreams.
(d) The Long River.
5. What letters are on top of the LaFlorida Hotel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is it when Chapter 13 begins?
2. What story influences the name Tobias gives to the marshtackie?
3. What happens the first time Tobias and Zech encounter the bull?
4. How long have Emma and Zech been hiding in the woods in fear of the Confederate soldiers returning?
5. Who is James Tiger?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Zech meet Glenda, and what is Emma's advice to him?
2. What is the valuable advice that Keith Tiger gives to Tobias at the end of Chapter 9?
3. What does Solomon ask Toby in the beginning of the book, and what is Toby's response?
4. What happens when the MacIveys finally reach Punta Rassa?
5. How does Zech eat his first beef roast, and what keeps Tobias awake after the meal?
6. Why do Willie and James travel so far to get cows from Tobias, and what does he charge them for the cattle?
7. What happens on the first trip to Punta Rassa and how does Tobias respond?
8. What events take place for Tobias and Zech at the Seminole village and how do they present a conflict for them?
9. What has happened at the trading post in St. Johns River to cause such a shortage in supplies, and what is the result of Tobias' trip there?
10. Where do Tobias, Emma, and Zech migrate to Florida from, and how is their initial few years in the new state?
This section contains 1,041 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)