|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many cows does Tobias sell to Cap'n Hendry?
2. What does Emma make by grounding cattails?
3. What setbacks do the MacIveys face during the cattle drive at the end of Chapter 19?
(a) Cold temperatures and wind.
(b) Cold temperatures and fog.
(c) Heat and bees.
(d) Heat and mosquitoes.
4. How many days is it before Tobias and Henry meet the drovers?
5. What forces the MacIveys to turn back on their first trip to Punta Rassa?
(a) The Confederates.
(b) A storm.
(c) A hurricane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day does Tobias attempt to get supplies from the trading post?
2. How does Tobias protect the Indians?
3. Where are the ships heading as the Federal Troops are intercepting them?
4. How many cows does Tobias have at the start of Chapter 13?
5. What jungle do Tobias and Zech encounter on the way to the Seminoles?
Short Essay Questions
1. When do the MacIveys make their second trip to Punta Rassa, and how do they prepare for it?
2. What is the valuable advice that Keith Tiger gives to Tobias at the end of Chapter 9?
3. What are the problems Tobias has when beginning to plant orange trees and how does Emma solve it?
4. How does Solomon feel about the way the city has changed as a result of the real estate projects?
5. What has happened at the trading post in St. Johns River to cause such a shortage in supplies, and what is the result of Tobias' trip there?
6. How do Zech, Bonzo, and Frog lose the cows they have herded and what is Tobias' response?
7. How does Solomon explain his part in the real estate development to Toby?
8. Why do Willie and James travel so far to get cows from Tobias, and what does he charge them for the cattle?
9. What does Tobias do as soon as he arrives home after speaking with Keith Tiger, and what happens when he and Zech encounter a bull?
10. How do the MacIvey family and the Seminole Indians meet?
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)