|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the Cow Cavalry driving the cattle for the Confederate troops?
2. What attacks the cows in the swamp area?
3. What year does the story change to when Tobias MacIvey is introduced?
4. What happens if the cattle are driven too quickly?
(a) The men will not be able to keep up with them.
(b) Some will escape from the herd.
(c) They will lose weight.
(d) They will become injured.
5. How long does it take Tobias to walk home after the cattle drive is finished?
(a) Four days.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Eight days.
(d) Two weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Tobias about the money to be made in gator hides?
2. How long has the Civil War been over when Tobias' cattle business begins to take off?
3. What do the Indians trade Tobias for some of his bullets?
4. What does the old man warn Tobias about the swamp area?
5. What jungle do Tobias and Zech encounter on the way to the Seminoles?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the result of Tobias' work for the Confederates in the Cow Cavalry?
2. What challenges do the MacIveys face on their way to Punta Rassa for the second time?
3. Where does Zech meet Glenda, and what is Emma's advice to him?
4. How is Tobias recruited by the Confederates, and where do they drive the cattle?
5. What does Solomon ask Toby in the beginning of the book, and what is Toby's response?
6. Where do Tobias, Emma, and Zech migrate to Florida from, and how is their initial few years in the new state?
7. What does Tobias find when he returns home after his second work experience with the Confederates?
8. What happens when the MacIveys finally reach Punta Rassa?
9. How does Solomon feel about the way the city has changed as a result of the real estate projects?
10. When do the MacIveys make their second trip to Punta Rassa, and how do they prepare for it?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)