|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tobias collapse from while staying with the Seminoles?
(a) The flu.
(c) Food poisoning.
2. What setbacks do the MacIveys face during the cattle drive at the end of Chapter 19?
(a) Heat and bees.
(b) Cold temperatures and wind.
(c) Heat and mosquitoes.
(d) Cold temperatures and fog.
3. How many men does Tobias hire to help with the drive to Punta Rassa?
4. What prize does Zech win in the horse race against Cap'n Hendry?
5. How often does Solomon instruct the driver to bring him supplies?
(a) Twice a month.
(b) Twice a week.
(c) Once a week.
(d) Once a month.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much is Tobias paid for his work on the cattle drive with the Cow Cavalry?
2. What does Tobias do to the cowboys after hearing that they hung the Indians?
3. How long is Tobias under the medicine man's care before he is well enough to travel?
4. What year does A Land Remembered begin?
5. What does Emma make by grounding cattails?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the valuable advice that Keith Tiger gives to Tobias at the end of Chapter 9?
2. How does Tobias learn about Punta Rassa?
3. What happens to Willie and James, and how does Tobias react?
4. What year does A Land Remembered begin and what is the setting?
5. What challenges do the MacIveys face on their way to Punta Rassa for the second time?
6. What is the result of Tobias' work for the Confederates in the Cow Cavalry?
7. Why do Willie and James travel so far to get cows from Tobias, and what does he charge them for the cattle?
8. What does Tobias find when he returns home after his second work experience with the Confederates?
9. What are the problems Tobias has when beginning to plant orange trees and how does Emma solve it?
10. What gift does Zech find in the pen, and how do the MacIveys choose to name their new animals?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)