|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the Big Cypress Swamp located?
(a) Near Fort Myers.
(b) Near the Everglades.
(c) Near Lane Cove.
(d) Near Pompano Beach.
2. What does MacIvey brand the first cow he corrals after settling near the Kissimmee River?
3. What prize does Zech win in the horse race against Cap'n Hendry?
4. At what pace do Tobias and Zech drive the cows to the Seminoles?
(a) Very slowly.
(b) Very quickly.
(c) At a normal pace.
(d) At a slightly faster pace than normal.
5. When does Tobias finish the pen he is working on?
(a) At the end of the winter.
(b) At the end of the summer.
(c) At the end of the fall.
(d) At the end of the spring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens if the cattle are driven too quickly?
2. What does Tobias want to trade for supplies at the trading post?
3. How long has the Civil War been over when Tobias' cattle business begins to take off?
4. What attacks the cows in the swamp area?
5. Where have Keith Tiger, Bird Jumper, and Lillie walked to Florida from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Tobias and Zech on their way to the Seminole Indian village, and why is it symbolic?
2. What are the problems Tobias has when beginning to plant orange trees and how does Emma solve it?
3. What is the valuable advice that Keith Tiger gives to Tobias at the end of Chapter 9?
4. What is another prospect that Tobias is told about in Chapter 15 and how does it work out?
5. What year does A Land Remembered begin and what is the setting?
6. What happens during the second time Tobias is recruited to work for the Confederates?
7. Where does Zech meet Glenda, and what is Emma's advice to him?
8. How long is Tobias away with the Cow Cavalry, and what do Emma and Zech defend themselves against while he is gone?
9. How do Zech, Bonzo, and Frog lose the cows they have herded and what is Tobias' response?
10. Where do the MacIveys go after their home is burned down and how do they settle there?
This section contains 1,014 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)