|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prize does Zech win in the horse race against Cap'n Hendry?
2. How much is Tobias paid for his work on the cattle drive with the Cow Cavalry?
(a) Ten Dollars.
(b) Twenty-four dollars.
(c) Twenty Dollars.
(d) Fourteen dollars.
3. What sound awakens Tobias one night on his trip to Punta Rassa?
(c) A storm.
4. How many days do Tobias and Zech spend in the jungle on their way to the Seminoles?
5. After the battle is over, which one of the following is not taken by Tobias from the dead Union soldier's bag?
(a) A knife.
(b) A gun.
(c) Canned beef.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many dogs are tied close by when Zech finds the marshtackie?
2. How many acres of orange trees does Tobias plant?
3. Where is the Big Cypress Swamp located?
4. What jungle do Tobias and Zech encounter on the way to the Seminoles?
5. How many months is it before the MacIveys settle near the Kissimmee River?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens during the second time Tobias is recruited to work for the Confederates?
2. How do the MacIvey family and the Seminole Indians meet?
3. What does Tobias do as soon as he arrives home after speaking with Keith Tiger, and what happens when he and Zech encounter a bull?
4. How does Sol meet Bonnie, and what is interesting about their relationship?
5. How does Bonnie die?
6. How does Glenda suffer her first miscarriage?
7. What is another prospect that Tobias is told about in Chapter 15 and how does it work out?
8. Where do Tobias, Emma, and Zech migrate to Florida from, and how is their initial few years in the new state?
9. How is Tobias recruited by the Confederates, and where do they drive the cattle?
10. What is the Cow Cavalry?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)