|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is Tobias able to build a house for his family to live in?
(a) The third month they are in Florida.
(b) The third year they are in Florida.
(c) The second year they are in Florida.
(d) The second month they are in Florida.
2. How many drovers are there to help Tobias and Henry drive the cattle?
3. What causes the MacIveys to backtrack on their trip after their home is burned down?
(a) Ground unfit for travel.
(b) A drought that causes a need for water.
(c) A tornado.
(d) Bad storms.
4. What forces the MacIveys to turn back on their first trip to Punta Rassa?
(a) A hurricane.
(b) The Confederates.
(c) A storm.
5. How many times does Tobias attempt to capture an alligator?
(c) Three times.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what pace do Tobias and Zech drive the cows to the Seminoles?
2. What is the Everglades area known as to the Indians?
3. How many months is it before the MacIveys settle near the Kissimmee River?
4. What does Emma make by grounding cattails?
5. What happens if the cattle are driven too quickly?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Zech eat his first beef roast, and what keeps Tobias awake after the meal?
2. How long is Tobias away with the Cow Cavalry, and what do Emma and Zech defend themselves against while he is gone?
3. How do Zech, Bonzo, and Frog lose the cows they have herded and what is Tobias' response?
4. What happens on the first trip to Punta Rassa and how does Tobias respond?
5. What happens when the MacIveys finally reach Punta Rassa?
6. What happens to the MacIvey family's cattle business, and how does the second encounter with the bull take place?
7. What events take place for Tobias and Zech at the Seminole village and how do they present a conflict for them?
8. What is another prospect that Tobias is told about in Chapter 15 and how does it work out?
9. Where does Zech meet Glenda, and what is Emma's advice to him?
10. What happens to Willie and James, and how does Tobias react?
This section contains 1,080 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)