|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many drovers are there to help Tobias and Henry drive the cattle?
2. How much does Tobias receive for the cows he sells to Cap'n Hendry the first time?
(a) Fourteen dollars per head.
(b) Twelve dollars per head.
(c) Sixteen dollars per head.
(d) Eighteen dollars per head.
3. What does Tobias collapse from while staying with the Seminoles?
(a) The flu.
(d) Food poisoning.
4. How many dogs are tied close by when Zech finds the marshtackie?
5. What time of day does Tobias attempt to get supplies from the trading post?
(a) Early afternoon.
(c) Late afternoon.
(d) Early morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides coons, what does Tobias kill for the family to live on in the beginning of Chapter 7?
2. What river does the Cow Cavalry drive the cattle across?
3. What part of Florida is the McIvey's primitive home located?
4. Where is the Big Cypress Swamp located?
5. How much is Tobias paid for his work on the cattle drive with the Cow Cavalry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the MacIveys finally reach Punta Rassa?
2. What is the result of Tobias' work for the Confederates in the Cow Cavalry?
3. What happens on the first trip to Punta Rassa and how does Tobias respond?
4. What happens to Tobias and Zech on their way to the Seminole Indian village, and why is it symbolic?
5. How do Zech, Bonzo, and Frog lose the cows they have herded and what is Tobias' response?
6. What gift does Zech find in the pen, and how do the MacIveys choose to name their new animals?
7. What challenges do the MacIveys face on their way to Punta Rassa for the second time?
8. Where do Tobias, Emma, and Zech migrate to Florida from, and how is their initial few years in the new state?
9. How is Tobias recruited by the Confederates, and where do they drive the cattle?
10. Why do Willie and James travel so far to get cows from Tobias, and what does he charge them for the cattle?
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)