|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Tobias feeling during the trip to drive the cows to the Seminoles?
(a) He is in pain.
(b) He is disoriented.
(c) He is overly anxious.
(d) He is feeling fine.
2. What attacks the cows in the swamp area?
3. What time of day does Tobias attempt to get supplies from the trading post?
(b) Early afternoon.
(c) Late afternoon.
(d) Early morning.
4. How long does the construction of the MacIvey's first primitive house in Florida take?
(a) Three years.
(b) One year.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) One month.
5. What problem does Emma solve for Tobias, pertaining to the orange trees?
(a) The cows eating the oranges.
(b) The oranges tasting too sour.
(c) The weather destroying the oranges.
(d) The wolves eating the oranges.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the MacIveys to backtrack on their trip after their home is burned down?
2. Where does Zech meet Glenda?
3. Where is the Cow Cavalry driving the cattle for the Confederate troops?
4. Where is the Big Cypress Swamp located?
5. How many times does Tobias attempt to capture an alligator?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Zech eat his first beef roast, and what keeps Tobias awake after the meal?
2. What year does A Land Remembered begin and what is the setting?
3. Where does Zech meet Glenda, and what is Emma's advice to him?
4. How does Solomon explain his part in the real estate development to Toby?
5. What gift does Zech find in the pen, and how do the MacIveys choose to name their new animals?
6. How long is Tobias away with the Cow Cavalry, and what do Emma and Zech defend themselves against while he is gone?
7. What are the problems Tobias has when beginning to plant orange trees and how does Emma solve it?
8. How does Tobias learn about Punta Rassa?
9. What challenges do the MacIveys face on their way to Punta Rassa for the second time?
10. What does Tobias find when he returns home after his second work experience with the Confederates?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)