|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many months is it before the MacIveys settle near the Kissimmee River?
2. Who tells Tobias about the money to be made in gator hides?
(a) A riverboat captain.
(b) An Indian.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A trading post proprietor.
3. How many oxen do the Confederate soldiers take?
4. What does Emma tell Zech about Glenda?
(a) Not to wait too long to see her again.
(b) He should not try to write to her.
(c) Wait as long as possible before seeing her again.
(d) He should try to write to her.
5. When is Tobias ready to try to go to Punta Rassa again?
(a) The next fall.
(b) The next summer.
(c) The next winter.
(d) The next spring.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men does Tobias hire to help with the drive to Punta Rassa?
2. What city does Solomon MacIvey live in?
3. Where are the ships heading as the Federal Troops are intercepting them?
4. How many cows does Tobias have at the start of Chapter 13?
5. What attacks the cows in the swamp area?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tobias do as soon as he arrives home after speaking with Keith Tiger, and what happens when he and Zech encounter a bull?
2. What happens to Tobias and Zech on their way to the Seminole Indian village, and why is it symbolic?
3. What are the problems Tobias has when beginning to plant orange trees and how does Emma solve it?
4. How does Tobias learn about Punta Rassa?
5. What year does A Land Remembered begin and what is the setting?
6. What is the valuable advice that Keith Tiger gives to Tobias at the end of Chapter 9?
7. Why do Willie and James travel so far to get cows from Tobias, and what does he charge them for the cattle?
8. What gift does Zech find in the pen, and how do the MacIveys choose to name their new animals?
9. How does Solomon feel about the way the city has changed as a result of the real estate projects?
10. How do the MacIvey family and the Seminole Indians meet?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)