|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the battle is over, which one of the following is not taken by Tobias from the dead Union soldier's bag?
(a) Canned beef.
(b) A gun.
(d) A knife.
2. What problem does Emma solve for Tobias, pertaining to the orange trees?
(a) The oranges tasting too sour.
(b) The wolves eating the oranges.
(c) The cows eating the oranges.
(d) The weather destroying the oranges.
3. What does Tobias buy for Emma after he is paid for the cattle by Cap'n Hendry?
(a) A stove.
(b) A ring.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A dress.
4. What letters are on top of the LaFlorida Hotel?
5. At what pace do Tobias and Zech drive the cows to the Seminoles?
(a) Very quickly.
(b) Very slowly.
(c) At a normal pace.
(d) At a slightly faster pace than normal.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tobias protect the Indians?
2. How many rooms has the MacIvey house grown by in 1875?
3. What city does Solomon MacIvey live in?
4. What color is the marshtackie that Zech finds?
5. How many days do Tobias and Zech spend in the jungle on their way to the Seminoles?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens on the first trip to Punta Rassa and how does Tobias respond?
2. Where do Tobias, Emma, and Zech migrate to Florida from, and how is their initial few years in the new state?
3. How is Tobias recruited by the Confederates, and where do they drive the cattle?
4. What is the Cow Cavalry?
5. Where do the MacIveys go after their home is burned down and how do they settle there?
6. What does Solomon ask Toby in the beginning of the book, and what is Toby's response?
7. What year does A Land Remembered begin and what is the setting?
8. How does Solomon explain his part in the real estate development to Toby?
9. What has happened at the trading post in St. Johns River to cause such a shortage in supplies, and what is the result of Tobias' trip there?
10. What happens to the MacIvey family's cattle business, and how does the second encounter with the bull take place?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)