|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fruit does Tobias learn is being sold for money while he is at a trading post?
2. Why are the Seminole Indians that Tobias meets being pursued?
(a) They are accused of a crime they did not commit.
(b) They wounded a man by mistake.
(c) They do not say.
(d) They killed a calf.
3. Why do Tobias and Zech release the cow from the pen?
(a) For better grazing.
(b) They hope it will lead them to more cows.
(c) It is sick.
(d) They cannot continue to see it imprisoned.
4. How long does the construction of the MacIvey's first primitive house in Florida take?
(a) One year.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Three years.
(d) One month.
5. How many times does Tobias attempt to capture an alligator?
(c) Three times.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the McIvey family move from to start their new life in Florida?
2. What are Emma and Zech forced to kill while Tobias is on the cattle drive?
3. What story influences the name Tobias gives to the marshtackie?
4. Where does Zech meet Glenda?
5. How much money does Tobias accept from the Indians for the cows?
Short Essay Questions
1. What challenges do the MacIveys face on their way to Punta Rassa for the second time?
2. What year does A Land Remembered begin and what is the setting?
3. How does Zech eat his first beef roast, and what keeps Tobias awake after the meal?
4. How does Tobias learn about Punta Rassa?
5. What happens during the second time Tobias is recruited to work for the Confederates?
6. What happens when the MacIveys finally reach Punta Rassa?
7. What is another prospect that Tobias is told about in Chapter 15 and how does it work out?
8. What has happened at the trading post in St. Johns River to cause such a shortage in supplies, and what is the result of Tobias' trip there?
9. What happens to the MacIvey family's cattle business, and how does the second encounter with the bull take place?
10. What is the result of Tobias' work for the Confederates in the Cow Cavalry?
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)