|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What jungle do Tobias and Zech encounter on the way to the Seminoles?
(a) The custard-apple forest.
(b) The rose-apple forest.
(c) The star-apple forest.
(d) The sugar-apple forest.
2. After the battle is over, which one of the following is not taken by Tobias from the dead Union soldier's bag?
(a) A gun.
(c) A knife.
(d) Canned beef.
3. How is Tobias feeling during the trip to drive the cows to the Seminoles?
(a) He is overly anxious.
(b) He is feeling fine.
(c) He is in pain.
(d) He is disoriented.
4. How long is Tobias under the medicine man's care before he is well enough to travel?
(a) One week.
(b) Two days.
(c) One day.
(d) Two weeks.
5. How many men does Tobias hire to help with the drive to Punta Rassa?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tobias react to the news of the cows that have been lost?
2. Where does Tobias assume the marshtackie has come from?
3. Besides coons, what does Tobias kill for the family to live on in the beginning of Chapter 7?
4. What setbacks do the MacIveys face during the cattle drive at the end of Chapter 19?
5. Where have Keith Tiger, Bird Jumper, and Lillie walked to Florida from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the contrast between Emma and Tobias on Zech's wedding day?
2. How do Zech, Bonzo, and Frog lose the cows they have herded and what is Tobias' response?
3. What leads Sol to visit the Seminole village for the first time and what does he learn there?
4. How does Zech deal with the cattle rustlers in 1896?
5. What happens to Tobias and Zech on their way to the Seminole Indian village, and why is it symbolic?
6. What plan does Zech confide in Emma before the wedding?
7. What changes have happened for the MacIveys when Chapter 29 begins in 1888?
8. What is the Cow Cavalry?
9. What are some of the exciting things happening for the MacIvey family in February of 1880?
10. How do the oranges reflect the state of Tobias and the MacIvey family after Emma's death?
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)