|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much is Tobias told the cattle is being purchased for before being shipped to Cuba?
(a) Twenty dollars per head.
(b) Twelve dollars per head.
(c) Fifteen dollars per head.
(d) Ten dollars per head.
2. What river does the Cow Cavalry drive the cattle across?
(a) Nassau River.
(b) St. Johns River.
(c) Indian River.
(d) St. Marys River.
3. How many days is it before Tobias and Henry meet the drovers?
4. What sounds keep Tobias awake the night after the family eats the beef roast?
5. After the battle is over, which one of the following is not taken by Tobias from the dead Union soldier's bag?
(a) A knife.
(b) A gun.
(c) Canned beef.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the proprietor, when did the Rebel soldiers purchase everything in the store?
2. What setbacks do the MacIveys face during the cattle drive at the end of Chapter 19?
3. What year does A Land Remembered begin?
4. Where is Punta Rassa located?
5. How long has the Civil War been over when Tobias' cattle business begins to take off?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do the MacIveys go after their home is burned down and how do they settle there?
2. What has happened at the trading post in St. Johns River to cause such a shortage in supplies, and what is the result of Tobias' trip there?
3. What happens to Tobias and Zech on their way to the Seminole Indian village, and why is it symbolic?
4. What does Tobias find when he returns home after his second work experience with the Confederates?
5. Where does Zech meet Glenda, and what is Emma's advice to him?
6. How is Tobias recruited by the Confederates, and where do they drive the cattle?
7. How does Solomon feel about the way the city has changed as a result of the real estate projects?
8. How does Zech eat his first beef roast, and what keeps Tobias awake after the meal?
9. What events take place for Tobias and Zech at the Seminole village and how do they present a conflict for them?
10. What is the Cow Cavalry?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)