|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story influences the name Tobias gives to the marshtackie?
(a) The Ishmaelites.
(b) The Bolsheviks.
(c) The Sumerians.
(d) The Mesopotamians.
2. What does Tobias want to trade for supplies at the trading post?
(a) Snake skins.
(c) Rabbit fur.
(d) Coon skins.
3. How long has the Civil War been over when Tobias' cattle business begins to take off?
(a) One year.
(b) Two years.
(c) One month.
(d) Two months.
4. Besides coons, what does Tobias kill for the family to live on in the beginning of Chapter 7?
5. What is the only thing the proprietor gives Tobias?
(a) Scraps of clothing.
(c) A whip.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many cows do the men lose during the battle with the wolves?
2. How many times does Tobias attempt to capture an alligator?
3. What does Solomon give his driver as they reach the cabin?
4. When is Tobias able to build a house for his family to live in?
5. What is the Everglades area known as to the Indians?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Solomon feel about the way the city has changed as a result of the real estate projects?
2. Why do Willie and James travel so far to get cows from Tobias, and what does he charge them for the cattle?
3. What has happened at the trading post in St. Johns River to cause such a shortage in supplies, and what is the result of Tobias' trip there?
4. How is Tobias recruited by the Confederates, and where do they drive the cattle?
5. What does Tobias find when he returns home after his second work experience with the Confederates?
6. How do Zech, Bonzo, and Frog lose the cows they have herded and what is Tobias' response?
7. When do the MacIveys make their second trip to Punta Rassa, and how do they prepare for it?
8. What does Solomon ask Toby in the beginning of the book, and what is Toby's response?
9. Where do the MacIveys go after their home is burned down and how do they settle there?
10. What is the Cow Cavalry?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)