|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much is Tobias paid for his work on the cattle drive with the Cow Cavalry?
(a) Twenty Dollars.
(b) Ten Dollars.
(c) Fourteen dollars.
(d) Twenty-four dollars.
2. What story influences the name Tobias gives to the marshtackie?
(a) The Bolsheviks.
(b) The Sumerians.
(c) The Ishmaelites.
(d) The Mesopotamians.
3. What does Emma tell Zech about Glenda?
(a) He should not try to write to her.
(b) Wait as long as possible before seeing her again.
(c) He should try to write to her.
(d) Not to wait too long to see her again.
4. Where is Skillit from?
5. What sound awakens Tobias one night on his trip to Punta Rassa?
(b) A storm.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long have Emma and Zech been hiding in the woods in fear of the Confederate soldiers returning?
2. What do the Indians trade Tobias for some of his bullets?
3. Besides coons, what does Tobias kill for the family to live on in the beginning of Chapter 7?
4. How many cows does Tobias sell to Cap'n Hendry?
5. How many oxen do the Confederate soldiers take?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens during the second time Tobias is recruited to work for the Confederates?
2. How long is Tobias away with the Cow Cavalry, and what do Emma and Zech defend themselves against while he is gone?
3. What is the Cow Cavalry?
4. What is another prospect that Tobias is told about in Chapter 15 and how does it work out?
5. What is the result of Tobias' work for the Confederates in the Cow Cavalry?
6. Why do Willie and James travel so far to get cows from Tobias, and what does he charge them for the cattle?
7. What year does A Land Remembered begin and what is the setting?
8. What are the problems Tobias has when beginning to plant orange trees and how does Emma solve it?
9. What happens on the first trip to Punta Rassa and how does Tobias respond?
10. How does Tobias learn about Punta Rassa?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)