|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have the Confederate soldiers burned down?
(a) Only the house.
(b) The house, the barn, and the smokehouse.
(c) Only the house and the barn.
(d) Only the house and the smokehouse.
2. How long does it take Tobias to walk home after the cattle drive is finished?
(a) Eight days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Four days.
(d) Three weeks.
3. What does Tobias kill to provide Zech with the first beef he has ever eaten?
(a) A bull.
(b) A deer.
(c) A cow.
(d) An ox.
4. How long does the construction of the MacIvey's first primitive house in Florida take?
(a) One month.
(b) Three years.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) One year.
5. What does Tobias collapse from while staying with the Seminoles?
(a) The flu.
(d) Food poisoning.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men does Tobias hire to help with the drive to Punta Rassa?
2. Where is the trading post located?
3. What causes the MacIveys to backtrack on their trip after their home is burned down?
4. How old is Zech when he is first seen with his father?
5. How many cows does Tobias sell to Cap'n Hendry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the MacIvey family's cattle business, and how does the second encounter with the bull take place?
2. What is the Cow Cavalry?
3. What happens to Willie and James, and how does Tobias react?
4. How does Solomon explain his part in the real estate development to Toby?
5. How does Solomon feel about the way the city has changed as a result of the real estate projects?
6. What year does A Land Remembered begin and what is the setting?
7. What events take place for Tobias and Zech at the Seminole village and how do they present a conflict for them?
8. How does Zech eat his first beef roast, and what keeps Tobias awake after the meal?
9. What happens when the MacIveys finally reach Punta Rassa?
10. What does Solomon ask Toby in the beginning of the book, and what is Toby's response?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)