|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Tobias and Zech release the cow from the pen?
(a) It is sick.
(b) They hope it will lead them to more cows.
(c) They cannot continue to see it imprisoned.
(d) For better grazing.
2. What problem does Emma solve for Tobias, pertaining to the orange trees?
(a) The oranges tasting too sour.
(b) The cows eating the oranges.
(c) The weather destroying the oranges.
(d) The wolves eating the oranges.
3. What sound awakens Tobias one night on his trip to Punta Rassa?
(d) A storm.
4. What does Emma tell Zech about Glenda?
(a) Not to wait too long to see her again.
(b) He should try to write to her.
(c) Wait as long as possible before seeing her again.
(d) He should not try to write to her.
5. How much does Tobias receive for the cows he sells to Cap'n Hendry the first time?
(a) Eighteen dollars per head.
(b) Twelve dollars per head.
(c) Sixteen dollars per head.
(d) Fourteen dollars per head.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the trading post located?
2. What is the only thing the proprietor gives Tobias?
3. Where is the Cow Cavalry driving the cattle for the Confederate troops?
4. Where are the ships heading as the Federal Troops are intercepting them?
5. What city does Solomon MacIvey live in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What events take place for Tobias and Zech at the Seminole village and how do they present a conflict for them?
2. What challenges do the MacIveys face on their way to Punta Rassa for the second time?
3. What year does A Land Remembered begin and what is the setting?
4. Why do Willie and James travel so far to get cows from Tobias, and what does he charge them for the cattle?
5. Where do the MacIveys go after their home is burned down and how do they settle there?
6. What does Tobias find when he returns home after his second work experience with the Confederates?
7. Where does Zech meet Glenda, and what is Emma's advice to him?
8. What is the Cow Cavalry?
9. How long is Tobias away with the Cow Cavalry, and what do Emma and Zech defend themselves against while he is gone?
10. What has happened at the trading post in St. Johns River to cause such a shortage in supplies, and what is the result of Tobias' trip there?
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)