|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many rooms has the MacIvey house grown by in 1875?
2. What year is it when Chapter 13 begins?
3. What have the Confederate soldiers burned down?
(a) Only the house and the barn.
(b) The house, the barn, and the smokehouse.
(c) Only the house.
(d) Only the house and the smokehouse.
4. Who is James Tiger?
(a) Keith Tiger's son.
(b) Keith Tiger's grandson.
(c) Keith Tiger's nephew.
(d) Keith Tiger's cousin.
5. What does Solomon give his driver as they reach the cabin?
(a) An envelope with cash.
(b) The limousine.
(c) A blank check.
(d) The Rolls Royce.
Short Answer Questions
1. What attacks the cows in the swamp area?
2. How many times does Tobias attempt to capture an alligator?
3. Where is the Cow Cavalry driving the cattle for the Confederate troops?
4. Where is Punta Rassa located?
5. What does Tobias collapse from while staying with the Seminoles?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Zech deal with the cattle rustlers in 1896?
2. What happens when Sol and Toby meet for the second time?
3. How does Solomon feel about the way the city has changed as a result of the real estate projects?
4. What changes have happened for the MacIveys when Chapter 29 begins in 1888?
5. What happens to the MacIvey family's cattle business, and how does the second encounter with the bull take place?
6. Why does Sol decide to leave the MacIvey homestead?
7. What event in 1892 causes Tobias to wonder about the future of the cattle driving business?
8. How has the price of cattle grown in 1892, and what important land decision does Zech make after the cattle drive?
9. What plan does Zech confide in Emma before the wedding?
10. What is the valuable advice that Keith Tiger gives to Tobias at the end of Chapter 9?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)