|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much of his land does Solomon plan on preserving through nature, as stated in his will?
(a) A small portion of it.
(b) Most of it.
(c) Half of it.
(d) All of it.
2. Besides coons, what does Tobias kill for the family to live on in the beginning of Chapter 7?
3. How long is it after they try to catch the bull that Zech finds the marshtackie in the pen?
(a) One year.
(b) One week.
(c) One month.
(d) One day.
4. What sound awakens Tobias one night on his trip to Punta Rassa?
(a) A storm.
5. How does Tobias protect the Indians?
(a) He shoots several warning shots towards the men that are pursuing them.
(b) He shoots the dogs that are attacking them.
(c) He shoots one of the men that are pursuing them.
(d) He shoots all of the men that are pursuing them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where have Keith Tiger, Bird Jumper, and Lillie walked to Florida from?
2. What color is the marshtackie that Zech finds?
3. How much is Tobias told the cattle is being purchased for before being shipped to Cuba?
4. What fruit does Tobias learn is being sold for money while he is at a trading post?
5. How many cows does Tobias give to James Tiger and Willie Cypress?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do the MacIveys go after their home is burned down and how do they settle there?
2. How does Zech eat his first beef roast, and what keeps Tobias awake after the meal?
3. What year does A Land Remembered begin and what is the setting?
4. What gift does Zech find in the pen, and how do the MacIveys choose to name their new animals?
5. What happens during the second time Tobias is recruited to work for the Confederates?
6. How does Tobias learn about Punta Rassa?
7. What is the Cow Cavalry?
8. What does Tobias do as soon as he arrives home after speaking with Keith Tiger, and what happens when he and Zech encounter a bull?
9. What happens to Willie and James, and how does Tobias react?
10. What is the result of Tobias' work for the Confederates in the Cow Cavalry?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)