|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tawanda react to Zech's marriage?
(a) She is upset.
(b) She is unfazed.
(c) She is confused.
(d) She is happy for him.
2. What causes the trip back from Punta Rassa to be slower in Chapter 32?
(a) The amount of supplies the family has.
(b) A number of detours.
(c) Overweight horses.
(d) Tobias' health.
3. Where is the first vacation that Zech, Glenda, and Sol have?
(a) Palm Beach.
(d) Key West.
4. When is Bonnie killed?
(a) November, 1938.
(b) September, 1938.
(c) November, 1928.
(d) September, 1928.
5. How long ago had Keith Tiger passed away when Sol visits the Seminole village?
(a) Four years ago.
(b) Two years ago.
(c) Five years ago.
(d) Three years ago.
6. Where do Sol and Bonnie build their home?
(c) Fort Lauderdale.
(d) Fort Myers.
7. What does Zech plan to do with the land Tobias has worked on?
(a) Sell it.
(b) Purchase it.
(c) Rent it.
(d) Develop it.
8. How many winter storms threaten the orange trees?
9. What month does Zech travel south to find new marshtackies?
10. What year does Sol launch the MacIvey Produce Company?
11. How many men are standing in Tobias' way during a cattle drive at the end of Chapter 28?
(a) One hundred.
(b) Two hundred and fifty.
(d) One hundred and fifty.
12. How many orange trees does Zech purchase in Fort Dallas?
(a) Ten thousand.
(b) Six thousand.
(c) Four thousand.
(d) Eight thousand.
13. How does Zech respond to Glenda's miscarriage?
(a) He is angry, but not surprised.
(b) He is surprised and saddened.
(c) He is surprised and angry.
(d) He is saddened, but not surprised.
14. How much are the cows sold for at Punta Rassa in 1892?
(a) Ten dollars each.
(b) Twenty dollars each.
(c) Thirty dollars each.
(d) Twenty-five dollars each.
15. What is Emma doing when she collapses?
(a) Picking oranges.
(b) Gathering berries.
(c) Washing clothes.
(d) Cooking a meal.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tobias feel about Zech's plan for the land he has worked on?
2. How does Emma feel about Zech's plan for the land?
3. When does Sol leave the MacIvey homestead?
4. How many more miscarriages has Glenda suffered by 1888?
5. Who takes over Emma's chores after she passes away?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)