|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sol think of Toby with regards to land development?
(a) He thinks Toby is intelligent.
(b) He thinks Toby is naive.
(c) He thinks Toby is confused.
(d) He thinks Toby is misinformed.
2. When is Bonnie killed?
(a) November, 1928.
(b) September, 1928.
(c) September, 1938.
(d) November, 1938.
3. When does Sol head the MacIvey State Bank?
4. How does Tawanda die?
(a) Food poisoning.
(b) In childbirth.
(c) In a hunting accident.
5. How often is Zech planning on purchasing orange trees from Fort Dallas?
(a) Once every two years.
(b) Once a year.
(c) Every month.
(d) Twice a year.
6. Where does the local doctor tell Zech there is a specialist who might be able to remove the bullet?
7. What year does Sol launch the MacIvey Produce Company?
8. Where do the MacIveys build a cabin for the trips they make to Punta Rassa?
(a) On land that Tobias inherited.
(b) On land that they have recently purchased.
(c) On the land the Indians have given them.
(d) On the land that Zech won years earlier.
9. What does Toby call Sol before he leaves the village?
(a) A former friend.
(b) A good friend.
(c) A bitter enemy.
(d) A traitor.
10. What causes the trip back from Punta Rassa to be slower in Chapter 32?
(a) Overweight horses.
(b) Tobias' health.
(c) A number of detours.
(d) The amount of supplies the family has.
11. How does Emma feel about Zech's plan for the land?
(a) She does not understand it.
(b) She agrees.
(c) She disagrees.
(d) She ignores it.
12. Why does Sol leave the MacIvey homestead?
(a) He has a dislike for oranges and cows.
(b) He cannot live with the memories.
(c) He cannot pass up the offer made to sell it.
(d) He becomes bored with the wilderness.
13. When is Zech's son, Solomon, born?
(a) June, 1893.
(b) June, 1883.
(c) March, 1883.
(d) March, 1893.
14. How does Sol respond to the way real estate is taking over the land his family owns?
(a) He is horrified, but cannot resist the profit.
(b) He is horrified and refuses to profit from it.
(c) He refuses to think about it and chooses to only focus on the profit.
(d) He is happy because of the profit he is making.
15. Where is Zech and Glenda's marriage?
(a) Fort Myers.
(b) Fort Drum.
(c) Port St. John.
(d) Port Orange.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Sol in 1892?
2. Why does Emma recommend going another way when they face the blocked prairie?
3. How many other people were killed during the same hurricane that claims Bonnie's life?
4. How does Zech respond to Glenda's miscarriage?
5. What does Zech give to Toby before he leaves the Seminole camp?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)