|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Emma feel about Zech's plan for the land?
(a) She does not understand it.
(b) She agrees.
(c) She disagrees.
(d) She ignores it.
2. How does Toby react to the land that Sol has purchased for his produce company?
(a) He is happy.
(b) He is sad.
(c) He is outraged.
(d) He is confused.
3. How many winter storms threaten the orange trees?
4. Where does Zech hire the men to help him deal with the cattle rustlers?
(a) Fort Drum.
(b) Palm Beach.
(c) Fort Myers.
(d) Punta Rassa.
5. How often is Zech planning on purchasing orange trees from Fort Dallas?
(a) Every month.
(b) Twice a year.
(c) Once every two years.
(d) Once a year.
6. How many acres of land does Zech purchase in Okeechobee?
(a) Forty thousand acres.
(b) One hundred thousand acres.
(c) Sixty thousand acres.
(d) Eighty thousand acres.
7. How many men are standing in Tobias' way during a cattle drive at the end of Chapter 28?
(b) Two hundred and fifty.
(c) One hundred and fifty.
(d) One hundred.
8. How does Zech feel in the city while shopping with Glenda?
(a) He is upset by it.
(b) He is entertained by it.
(c) He is uncomfortable with it.
(d) He is enjoying it.
9. Why does Emma recommend going another way when they face the blocked prairie?
(a) To prevent a war.
(b) It will save time.
(c) To get the sheriff.
(d) To prevent injury to the cattle.
10. Where does Sol build his mansion?
(a) Key West.
(b) Key Biscayne.
(c) Miami Springs.
(d) Miami Beach.
11. How does Tobias react to his new suit?
(a) He cannot tolerate it.
(b) He likes the color, but not the length.
(c) He likes it.
(d) He likes the way it fits, but not the color.
12. What does Glenda tell Emma in confidence at the end of Chapter 25?
(a) That Zech wants to have children, but she does not.
(b) That she is pregnant.
(c) That she wants to have children, but Zech does not.
(d) That she is not pregnant.
13. How does Tawanda react to Zech's marriage?
(a) She is confused.
(b) She is upset.
(c) She is happy for him.
(d) She is unfazed.
14. How many cows do the MacIveys have in 1892 when they reach Punta Rassa?
(a) Less than two thousand.
(b) Less than one thousand.
(c) Over three thousand.
(d) Over two thousand.
15. How long ago did Tawana die, according to what Keith Tiger tells Zech?
(a) Many years ago.
(b) One year ago.
(c) A few months ago.
(d) A few years ago.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days does the family rest after Glenda's miscarriage?
2. How does Tawanda die?
3. Besides wolves, what does the MacIvey family face on Glenda's first cattle drive?
4. What does Sol name his real estate company?
5. What does Toby call Sol before he leaves the village?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)