|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much are the cows sold for at Punta Rassa in 1892?
(a) Thirty dollars each.
(b) Ten dollars each.
(c) Twenty-five dollars each.
(d) Twenty dollars each.
2. How does Zech respond to the blocked prairie that prohibits trespassing?
(a) He is irate.
(b) He does not know about it.
(c) He is discouraged.
(d) He is confused.
3. What does Tobias do to cause the orange trees to bloom successfully?
(a) He plants half as many trees.
(b) He plants the trees in a different location.
(c) He plants taller trees.
(d) He plants twice as many trees.
4. How many cattle drives are the MacIveys doing in 1888?
(a) Only one every year.
(b) Only one every three years.
(c) Only one every two years.
(d) Only two every year.
5. How many provisions can Zech purchase at Fort Drum after the winter storms?
(a) Only a small amount.
(b) A little less than normal.
(c) As many as he needs.
6. How does Glenda die?
(a) She is killed by a bull.
(b) She dies in childbirth.
(c) She is killed after falling.
(d) She dies from malaria.
7. What year does Sol launch the MacIvey Produce Company?
8. How long ago did Tawana die, according to what Keith Tiger tells Zech?
(a) A few years ago.
(b) Many years ago.
(c) One year ago.
(d) A few months ago.
9. What does Zech plan to do with the land Tobias has worked on?
(a) Develop it.
(b) Sell it.
(c) Rent it.
(d) Purchase it.
10. How many days does the family rest after Glenda's miscarriage?
11. Where does Sol die?
(a) West Palm Beach.
(b) Port St. John.
(c) Punta Rassa.
12. What is Emma doing when she collapses?
(a) Washing clothes.
(b) Cooking a meal.
(c) Picking oranges.
(d) Gathering berries.
13. Where do the MacIveys build a cabin for the trips they make to Punta Rassa?
(a) On land that they have recently purchased.
(b) On the land that Zech won years earlier.
(c) On land that Tobias inherited.
(d) On the land the Indians have given them.
14. How long does Tobias grieve and ignore the orange trees?
(a) Two years.
(b) One month.
(c) One year.
(d) Two months.
15. Where does Sol purchase his first piece of land?
(a) Glades County.
(b) Lake County.
(c) Duval County.
(d) Dade County.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month does Zech travel south to find new marshtackies?
2. When does Zech die?
3. Where is Zech shot during the battle with the cattle rustlers?
4. How old is Sol in 1892?
5. How often is Zech planning on purchasing orange trees from Fort Dallas?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)