|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many cattle drives are the MacIveys doing in 1888?
(a) Only two every year.
(b) Only one every two years.
(c) Only one every year.
(d) Only one every three years.
2. How does Zech die?
(a) He is trampled by a stampede of horses.
(b) He dies in his sleep.
(c) He drowns.
(d) He is struck with pneumonia.
3. How many men are standing in Tobias' way during a cattle drive at the end of Chapter 28?
(a) Two hundred and fifty.
(b) One hundred.
(c) One hundred and fifty.
4. How many children do Zech and Tawanda have?
5. What year does Chapter 42 begin?
6. How long does Tobias grieve and ignore the orange trees?
(a) Two months.
(b) Two years.
(c) One year.
(d) One month.
7. What does the medicine man in the Seminole village use to remove the bullet?
(a) A knife.
(b) A sharpened piece of wood.
(c) His teeth.
(d) A sharpened rock.
8. When is the La Florida Hotel built?
9. Why does Emma recommend going another way when they face the blocked prairie?
(a) To prevent injury to the cattle.
(b) It will save time.
(c) To prevent a war.
(d) To get the sheriff.
10. What does Zech give to Toby before he leaves the Seminole camp?
(a) A rifle and a whip.
(b) A rifle and a knife.
(c) A knife and a whip.
(d) A rifle, a knife, and a whip.
11. What does Keith Tiger tell Zech that Tawanda had accepted about their relationship?
(a) The complications of it.
(b) The frustration of it.
(c) Only the good parts of it.
(d) The inconvenience of it.
12. How many acres does Zech's plan initially involve?
(a) Ten thousand acres.
(b) Fifteen thousand acres.
(c) Twenty thousand acres.
(d) Twenty five thousand acres.
13. How does Toby react to the land that Sol has purchased for his produce company?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is outraged.
(c) He is happy.
(d) He is sad.
14. Where is Zech shot during the battle with the cattle rustlers?
(a) His ankle.
(b) His arm.
(c) His leg.
(d) His shoulder.
15. How does Glenda die?
(a) She is killed after falling.
(b) She dies from malaria.
(c) She is killed by a bull.
(d) She dies in childbirth.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sol respond to the way real estate is taking over the land his family owns?
2. When does Sol leave the MacIvey homestead?
3. Where does Sol purchase his first piece of land?
4. When is the date set for Zech and Glenda's wedding?
5. How many acres of land does Zech purchase in Okeechobee?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)