|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tawanda react to Zech's marriage?
(a) She is confused.
(b) She is unfazed.
(c) She is happy for him.
(d) She is upset.
2. How many men are standing in Tobias' way during a cattle drive at the end of Chapter 28?
(a) Two hundred and fifty.
(b) One hundred.
(c) One hundred and fifty.
3. Where does Bonnie die?
(a) Palm Beach.
(c) Punta Rassa.
(d) Fort Drum.
4. How often is Zech planning on purchasing orange trees from Fort Dallas?
(a) Twice a year.
(b) Every month.
(c) Once every two years.
(d) Once a year.
5. How does Tawanda die?
(a) In a hunting accident.
(b) Food poisoning.
(d) In childbirth.
6. Besides Florida cities, what other cities does the MacIvey Produce Company supply businesses in?
(a) Chicago, New York, and Boston.
(b) New York, Boston, and Dallas.
(c) Chicago, Atlanta, and Boston.
(d) New York, Dallas, and St. Louis.
7. Where is Zech and Glenda's marriage?
(a) Port Orange.
(b) Fort Myers.
(c) Fort Drum.
(d) Port St. John.
8. What month does Zech travel south to find new marshtackies?
9. When does Sol leave the MacIvey homestead?
10. Where is the MacIvey Produce Company located?
(a) West Florida.
(b) East Florida.
(c) North Florida.
(d) South Florida.
11. How does Tobias react to his new suit?
(a) He likes the color, but not the length.
(b) He likes it.
(c) He cannot tolerate it.
(d) He likes the way it fits, but not the color.
12. How many provisions can Zech purchase at Fort Drum after the winter storms?
(a) A little less than normal.
(b) As many as he needs.
(d) Only a small amount.
13. How does the clerk respond to the amount of money Zech is spending on the land he purchases in Okeechobee?
(a) He is startled.
(b) He is upset.
(c) He is amused.
(d) He is ambivalent.
14. When does Sol head the MacIvey State Bank?
15. When is Zech's son, Solomon, born?
(a) June, 1893.
(b) March, 1883.
(c) March, 1893.
(d) June, 1883.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prevents the MacIveys from staying at the Royal Poinciana Hotel?
2. Where does Tobias continue to store the gold that he receives for the cattle?
3. What does the medicine man in the Seminole village use to remove the bullet?
4. How does Zech respond to the blocked prairie that prohibits trespassing?
5. What does Toby call Sol before he leaves the village?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)