|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Zech and Glenda spend their honeymoon?
(a) In the wilderness.
(b) On a riverboat.
(c) In Miami.
(d) In Jacksonville.
2. How many acres does Zech's plan initially involve?
(a) Twenty thousand acres.
(b) Ten thousand acres.
(c) Fifteen thousand acres.
(d) Twenty five thousand acres.
3. How does Sol respond to the way real estate is taking over the land his family owns?
(a) He is horrified and refuses to profit from it.
(b) He is horrified, but cannot resist the profit.
(c) He is happy because of the profit he is making.
(d) He refuses to think about it and chooses to only focus on the profit.
4. How many days does the family rest after Glenda's miscarriage?
5. How old is Sol in 1892?
6. What happens to Glenda during the trip back from Punta Rassa?
(a) She is trapped underneath her horse.
(b) She is thrown from her horse.
(c) She falls while getting off her horse.
(d) She falls while getting on her horse.
7. How often is Zech planning on purchasing orange trees from Fort Dallas?
(a) Once a year.
(b) Twice a year.
(c) Once every two years.
(d) Every month.
8. How long ago had Keith Tiger passed away when Sol visits the Seminole village?
(a) Four years ago.
(b) Two years ago.
(c) Five years ago.
(d) Three years ago.
9. What year does Sol launch the MacIvey Produce Company?
10. What does Zech plan to do with the land Tobias has worked on?
(a) Rent it.
(b) Develop it.
(c) Sell it.
(d) Purchase it.
11. When does Sol head the MacIvey State Bank?
12. How does Tawanda die?
(b) Food poisoning.
(c) In childbirth.
(d) In a hunting accident.
13. How many winter storms threaten the orange trees?
14. How does Tobias react to his new suit?
(a) He likes it.
(b) He cannot tolerate it.
(c) He likes the color, but not the length.
(d) He likes the way it fits, but not the color.
15. Where do Sol and Bonnie build their home?
(a) Fort Myers.
(b) Fort Lauderdale.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Zech respond to the blocked prairie that prohibits trespassing?
2. What month does Zech travel south to find new marshtackies?
3. What does Tawanda warn Zech about before he leaves the camp?
4. Where does Bonnie die?
5. When is Zech's son, Solomon, born?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)