|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long ago did Tawana die, according to what Keith Tiger tells Zech?
(a) A few months ago.
(b) Many years ago.
(c) A few years ago.
(d) One year ago.
2. Where does Bonnie die?
(a) Fort Drum.
(c) Palm Beach.
(d) Punta Rassa.
3. How many cattle drives are the MacIveys doing in 1888?
(a) Only one every year.
(b) Only two every year.
(c) Only one every two years.
(d) Only one every three years.
4. What is Emma doing when she collapses?
(a) Cooking a meal.
(b) Picking oranges.
(c) Washing clothes.
(d) Gathering berries.
5. Besides wolves, what does the MacIvey family face on Glenda's first cattle drive?
6. How does Zech feel in the city while shopping with Glenda?
(a) He is enjoying it.
(b) He is upset by it.
(c) He is uncomfortable with it.
(d) He is entertained by it.
7. How much time passes between Zech's trip to Fort Drum and the visit by the Seminoles?
(a) One year.
(b) A few days.
(c) A few weeks.
(d) A few months.
8. How long does Tobias grieve and ignore the orange trees?
(a) One month.
(b) One year.
(c) Two years.
(d) Two months.
9. Where do Zech, Glenda, and Sol buy more orange trees after the winter storms?
(a) Fort Lauderdale.
(b) Fort Pierce.
(c) Fort Drum.
(d) Fort Myers.
10. What happens to Glenda during the trip back from Punta Rassa?
(a) She falls while getting on her horse.
(b) She is trapped underneath her horse.
(c) She is thrown from her horse.
(d) She falls while getting off her horse.
11. Where is Zech shot during the battle with the cattle rustlers?
(a) His ankle.
(b) His leg.
(c) His arm.
(d) His shoulder.
12. How does Sol respond to the way real estate is taking over the land his family owns?
(a) He is horrified and refuses to profit from it.
(b) He refuses to think about it and chooses to only focus on the profit.
(c) He is horrified, but cannot resist the profit.
(d) He is happy because of the profit he is making.
13. How many days does the family rest after Glenda's miscarriage?
14. How many winter storms threaten the orange trees?
15. What does Sol name his real estate company?
(a) The MacIvey Real Estate Company.
(b) The MacIvey Real Estate and Development Company.
(c) The MacIvey Land Development Company.
(d) The MacIvey Development Company.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Sol in 1892?
2. How does Tobias react to his new suit?
3. Who takes over Emma's chores after she passes away?
4. What does Zech buy for Emma at the mercantile?
5. What year do the orange trees finally start blooming?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)