|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sol keep his money?
(a) In a vault.
(b) In a trunk.
(c) In a safe.
(d) In a bank.
2. How many cows does the MacIvey family have when they reach the market on Glenda's first cattle drive?
(a) Less than one thousand.
(b) Over two thousand.
(c) Less than two thousand.
(d) Over three thousand.
3. What does Zech give to Toby before he leaves the Seminole camp?
(a) A rifle, a knife, and a whip.
(b) A knife and a whip.
(c) A rifle and a knife.
(d) A rifle and a whip.
4. Where is Zech and Glenda's marriage?
(a) Port St. John.
(b) Fort Myers.
(c) Fort Drum.
(d) Port Orange.
5. What does Tawanda warn Zech about before he leaves the camp?
(b) The pending hurricane.
(c) An approaching storm.
(d) Nearby alligators.
6. Besides Florida cities, what other cities does the MacIvey Produce Company supply businesses in?
(a) New York, Boston, and Dallas.
(b) Chicago, New York, and Boston.
(c) New York, Dallas, and St. Louis.
(d) Chicago, Atlanta, and Boston.
7. How many cattle drives are the MacIveys doing in 1888?
(a) Only one every year.
(b) Only one every two years.
(c) Only two every year.
(d) Only one every three years.
8. What year does Chapter 42 begin?
9. Where is the MacIvey Produce Company located?
(a) South Florida.
(b) West Florida.
(c) East Florida.
(d) North Florida.
10. What happens to Glenda during the trip back from Punta Rassa?
(a) She is trapped underneath her horse.
(b) She is thrown from her horse.
(c) She falls while getting on her horse.
(d) She falls while getting off her horse.
11. How does Zech feel in the city while shopping with Glenda?
(a) He is uncomfortable with it.
(b) He is enjoying it.
(c) He is upset by it.
(d) He is entertained by it.
12. When does Sol head the MacIvey State Bank?
13. What does Sol think of Toby with regards to land development?
(a) He thinks Toby is confused.
(b) He thinks Toby is misinformed.
(c) He thinks Toby is intelligent.
(d) He thinks Toby is naive.
14. How often is Zech planning on purchasing orange trees from Fort Dallas?
(a) Once a year.
(b) Twice a year.
(c) Every month.
(d) Once every two years.
15. How long ago had Keith Tiger passed away when Sol visits the Seminole village?
(a) Five years ago.
(b) Three years ago.
(c) Four years ago.
(d) Two years ago.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Zech and Glenda spend their honeymoon?
2. Besides wolves, what does the MacIvey family face on Glenda's first cattle drive?
3. Where do the MacIveys build a cabin for the trips they make to Punta Rassa?
4. What year do the orange trees finally start blooming?
5. How does Sol respond to the way real estate is taking over the land his family owns?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)