|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Sol in 1892?
2. Where is Zech and Glenda's marriage?
(a) Port St. John.
(b) Port Orange.
(c) Fort Myers.
(d) Fort Drum.
3. Besides wolves, what does the MacIvey family face on Glenda's first cattle drive?
4. How does Sol respond to the way real estate is taking over the land his family owns?
(a) He is horrified, but cannot resist the profit.
(b) He is happy because of the profit he is making.
(c) He is horrified and refuses to profit from it.
(d) He refuses to think about it and chooses to only focus on the profit.
5. How long ago had Keith Tiger passed away when Sol visits the Seminole village?
(a) Three years ago.
(b) Four years ago.
(c) Two years ago.
(d) Five years ago.
6. What causes the trip back from Punta Rassa to be slower in Chapter 32?
(a) A number of detours.
(b) Tobias' health.
(c) Overweight horses.
(d) The amount of supplies the family has.
7. How does Zech respond to Glenda's miscarriage?
(a) He is surprised and angry.
(b) He is angry, but not surprised.
(c) He is surprised and saddened.
(d) He is saddened, but not surprised.
8. How many acres of land does Zech purchase in Okeechobee?
(a) Sixty thousand acres.
(b) One hundred thousand acres.
(c) Forty thousand acres.
(d) Eighty thousand acres.
9. How does Glenda die?
(a) She is killed by a bull.
(b) She dies in childbirth.
(c) She is killed after falling.
(d) She dies from malaria.
10. During a cattle drive in 1892, what are the men drilling for, causing Tobias to wonder what will happen when all of the land is purchased?
11. When is the date set for Zech and Glenda's wedding?
(a) The last week in February.
(b) The first week in February.
(c) The last week in April.
(d) The first week in April.
12. What does Toby call Sol before he leaves the village?
(a) A traitor.
(b) A former friend.
(c) A good friend.
(d) A bitter enemy.
13. How many other people were killed during the same hurricane that claims Bonnie's life?
(a) More than three thousand.
(b) Two thousand.
(c) Three thousand.
(d) Less than two thousand.
14. What year do the orange trees finally start blooming?
15. How does Zech respond to the blocked prairie that prohibits trespassing?
(a) He does not know about it.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is discouraged.
(d) He is irate.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tobias react to his new suit?
2. How does Tawanda react to Zech's marriage?
3. Where does Bonnie die?
4. How long does Tobias grieve and ignore the orange trees?
5. How does Zech die?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)