|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much are the cows sold for at Punta Rassa in 1892?
(a) Twenty dollars each.
(b) Twenty-five dollars each.
(c) Ten dollars each.
(d) Thirty dollars each.
2. How does Zech respond to Glenda's miscarriage?
(a) He is surprised and saddened.
(b) He is angry, but not surprised.
(c) He is surprised and angry.
(d) He is saddened, but not surprised.
3. What does Sol think of Toby with regards to land development?
(a) He thinks Toby is confused.
(b) He thinks Toby is misinformed.
(c) He thinks Toby is intelligent.
(d) He thinks Toby is naive.
4. What does Zech give to Toby before he leaves the Seminole camp?
(a) A rifle and a whip.
(b) A rifle and a knife.
(c) A knife and a whip.
(d) A rifle, a knife, and a whip.
5. What year does Sol launch the MacIvey Produce Company?
6. Where does Sol keep his money?
(a) In a trunk.
(b) In a safe.
(c) In a bank.
(d) In a vault.
7. How many cows does the MacIvey family have when they reach the market on Glenda's first cattle drive?
(a) Less than one thousand.
(b) Over three thousand.
(c) Over two thousand.
(d) Less than two thousand.
8. How many cattle drives are the MacIveys doing in 1888?
(a) Only one every three years.
(b) Only one every year.
(c) Only two every year.
(d) Only one every two years.
9. When does Sol leave the MacIvey homestead?
10. Why does Emma recommend going another way when they face the blocked prairie?
(a) It will save time.
(b) To get the sheriff.
(c) To prevent a war.
(d) To prevent injury to the cattle.
11. Where does Sol meet Bonnie O'Neil?
(c) Clearwater Beach.
(d) West Palm Beach.
12. What does the medicine man in the Seminole village use to remove the bullet?
(a) A knife.
(b) A sharpened piece of wood.
(c) A sharpened rock.
(d) His teeth.
13. Where does Tobias continue to store the gold that he receives for the cattle?
(a) In lockers.
(b) In a vault.
(c) In a safe.
(d) In a bank.
14. How does Tawanda react to Zech's marriage?
(a) She is upset.
(b) She is happy for him.
(c) She is unfazed.
(d) She is confused.
15. How many acres does Zech's plan initially involve?
(a) Ten thousand acres.
(b) Twenty thousand acres.
(c) Fifteen thousand acres.
(d) Twenty five thousand acres.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tobias do to cause the orange trees to bloom successfully?
2. Besides wolves, what does the MacIvey family face on Glenda's first cattle drive?
3. Where does Sol build his mansion?
4. Why does Sol leave the MacIvey homestead?
5. How many winter storms threaten the orange trees?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)