|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many more miscarriages has Glenda suffered by 1888?
2. What is Emma doing when she collapses?
(a) Cooking a meal.
(b) Picking oranges.
(c) Washing clothes.
(d) Gathering berries.
3. What does Sol think of Toby with regards to land development?
(a) He thinks Toby is confused.
(b) He thinks Toby is naive.
(c) He thinks Toby is misinformed.
(d) He thinks Toby is intelligent.
4. Where does Sol purchase his first piece of land?
(a) Dade County.
(b) Lake County.
(c) Duval County.
(d) Glades County.
5. Where do Zech, Glenda, and Sol buy more orange trees after the winter storms?
(a) Fort Myers.
(b) Fort Lauderdale.
(c) Fort Drum.
(d) Fort Pierce.
6. Where does the local doctor tell Zech there is a specialist who might be able to remove the bullet?
7. How many men are standing in Tobias' way during a cattle drive at the end of Chapter 28?
(a) One hundred and fifty.
(b) One hundred.
(d) Two hundred and fifty.
8. Where do Sol and Bonnie build their home?
(a) Fort Lauderdale.
(d) Fort Myers.
9. When does Sol leave the MacIvey homestead?
10. Besides wolves, what does the MacIvey family face on Glenda's first cattle drive?
11. What does Zech plan to do with the land Tobias has worked on?
(a) Purchase it.
(b) Rent it.
(c) Sell it.
(d) Develop it.
12. How long ago had Keith Tiger passed away when Sol visits the Seminole village?
(a) Three years ago.
(b) Five years ago.
(c) Four years ago.
(d) Two years ago.
13. Where do Zech and Glenda spend their honeymoon?
(a) In the wilderness.
(b) In Miami.
(c) On a riverboat.
(d) In Jacksonville.
14. Where does Bonnie die?
(b) Palm Beach.
(c) Fort Drum.
(d) Punta Rassa.
15. How does the clerk respond to the amount of money Zech is spending on the land he purchases in Okeechobee?
(a) He is ambivalent.
(b) He is upset.
(c) He is amused.
(d) He is startled.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sol name his real estate company?
2. Besides Florida cities, what other cities does the MacIvey Produce Company supply businesses in?
3. When is Bonnie killed?
4. Where does Sol keep his money?
5. How does Zech respond to Glenda's miscarriage?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)