|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sol meet Bonnie O'Neil?
(b) West Palm Beach.
(c) Clearwater Beach.
2. Where does Zech hire the men to help him deal with the cattle rustlers?
(a) Fort Drum.
(b) Punta Rassa.
(c) Fort Myers.
(d) Palm Beach.
3. What causes the trip back from Punta Rassa to be slower in Chapter 32?
(a) A number of detours.
(b) The amount of supplies the family has.
(c) Tobias' health.
(d) Overweight horses.
4. How many orange trees does Zech purchase in Fort Dallas?
(a) Six thousand.
(b) Four thousand.
(c) Ten thousand.
(d) Eight thousand.
5. How does Zech die?
(a) He is struck with pneumonia.
(b) He drowns.
(c) He is trampled by a stampede of horses.
(d) He dies in his sleep.
6. How many more miscarriages has Glenda suffered by 1888?
7. What does Glenda tell Emma in confidence at the end of Chapter 25?
(a) That she wants to have children, but Zech does not.
(b) That she is pregnant.
(c) That she is not pregnant.
(d) That Zech wants to have children, but she does not.
8. How does Zech feel in the city while shopping with Glenda?
(a) He is enjoying it.
(b) He is entertained by it.
(c) He is uncomfortable with it.
(d) He is upset by it.
9. How long ago had Keith Tiger passed away when Sol visits the Seminole village?
(a) Three years ago.
(b) Four years ago.
(c) Five years ago.
(d) Two years ago.
10. What prevents the MacIveys from staying at the Royal Poinciana Hotel?
(a) Glenda would prefer to stay at a less elegant hotel.
(b) Zech has left his money in another town.
(c) The hotel does not accept gold for payment.
(d) Zech does not fit in with the other guests.
11. How does Emma feel about Zech's plan for the land?
(a) She ignores it.
(b) She agrees.
(c) She does not understand it.
(d) She disagrees.
12. Why does Sol leave the MacIvey homestead?
(a) He cannot pass up the offer made to sell it.
(b) He has a dislike for oranges and cows.
(c) He becomes bored with the wilderness.
(d) He cannot live with the memories.
13. What is Emma doing when she collapses?
(a) Picking oranges.
(b) Cooking a meal.
(c) Washing clothes.
(d) Gathering berries.
14. Who takes over Emma's chores after she passes away?
15. What does Toby call Sol before he leaves the village?
(a) A traitor.
(b) A former friend.
(c) A bitter enemy.
(d) A good friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year do the orange trees finally start blooming?
2. Where does Bonnie die?
3. What year does Sol launch the MacIvey Produce Company?
4. When is the La Florida Hotel built?
5. What happens to Glenda during the trip back from Punta Rassa?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)