|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zech give to Toby before he leaves the Seminole camp?
(a) A knife and a whip.
(b) A rifle, a knife, and a whip.
(c) A rifle and a knife.
(d) A rifle and a whip.
2. How many cows do the MacIveys have in 1892 when they reach Punta Rassa?
(a) Less than two thousand.
(b) Over two thousand.
(c) Over three thousand.
(d) Less than one thousand.
3. When is the La Florida Hotel built?
4. How many orange trees does Zech purchase in Fort Dallas?
(a) Four thousand.
(b) Six thousand.
(c) Ten thousand.
(d) Eight thousand.
5. Where do the MacIveys build a cabin for the trips they make to Punta Rassa?
(a) On the land the Indians have given them.
(b) On land that they have recently purchased.
(c) On the land that Zech won years earlier.
(d) On land that Tobias inherited.
6. How does Zech die?
(a) He dies in his sleep.
(b) He is trampled by a stampede of horses.
(c) He is struck with pneumonia.
(d) He drowns.
7. How much are the cows sold for at Punta Rassa in 1892?
(a) Twenty dollars each.
(b) Thirty dollars each.
(c) Ten dollars each.
(d) Twenty-five dollars each.
8. What causes the trip back from Punta Rassa to be slower in Chapter 32?
(a) Overweight horses.
(b) Tobias' health.
(c) The amount of supplies the family has.
(d) A number of detours.
9. Where does Tobias continue to store the gold that he receives for the cattle?
(a) In lockers.
(b) In a safe.
(c) In a bank.
(d) In a vault.
10. Where does Sol build his mansion?
(a) Key Biscayne.
(b) Miami Beach.
(c) Key West.
(d) Miami Springs.
11. What does Zech buy for Emma at the mercantile?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A new dress.
(c) A new coat.
(d) New shoes.
12. How many more miscarriages has Glenda suffered by 1888?
13. How many acres of land does Zech purchase in Okeechobee?
(a) One hundred thousand acres.
(b) Eighty thousand acres.
(c) Forty thousand acres.
(d) Sixty thousand acres.
14. Where does Sol keep his money?
(a) In a trunk.
(b) In a safe.
(c) In a vault.
(d) In a bank.
15. How long ago did Tawana die, according to what Keith Tiger tells Zech?
(a) A few years ago.
(b) One year ago.
(c) A few months ago.
(d) Many years ago.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sol meet Bonnie O'Neil?
2. When is Zech's son, Solomon, born?
3. Why does Sol leave the MacIvey homestead?
4. What is Emma doing when she collapses?
5. How many provisions can Zech purchase at Fort Drum after the winter storms?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)