|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the MacIvey Produce Company located?
(a) North Florida.
(b) East Florida.
(c) South Florida.
(d) West Florida.
2. What does Tobias die from?
(b) He falls.
(c) Natural causes.
3. Where do Zech and Glenda spend their honeymoon?
(a) In the wilderness.
(b) On a riverboat.
(c) In Jacksonville.
(d) In Miami.
4. How many cattle drives are the MacIveys doing in 1888?
(a) Only one every three years.
(b) Only one every year.
(c) Only two every year.
(d) Only one every two years.
5. During a cattle drive in 1892, what are the men drilling for, causing Tobias to wonder what will happen when all of the land is purchased?
6. Where does Sol purchase his first piece of land?
(a) Dade County.
(b) Lake County.
(c) Glades County.
(d) Duval County.
7. How much are the cows sold for at Punta Rassa in 1892?
(a) Ten dollars each.
(b) Thirty dollars each.
(c) Twenty dollars each.
(d) Twenty-five dollars each.
8. How does Tobias feel about Zech's plan for the land he has worked on?
(a) He is upset.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is happy.
(d) He is unaware of the plan.
9. What does Sol name his real estate company?
(a) The MacIvey Real Estate Company.
(b) The MacIvey Development Company.
(c) The MacIvey Real Estate and Development Company.
(d) The MacIvey Land Development Company.
10. What month does Zech travel south to find new marshtackies?
11. How does Toby react to the land that Sol has purchased for his produce company?
(a) He is happy.
(b) He is sad.
(c) He is outraged.
(d) He is confused.
12. Where does Sol die?
(a) Punta Rassa.
(b) West Palm Beach.
(c) Port St. John.
13. How many winter storms threaten the orange trees?
14. Besides Florida cities, what other cities does the MacIvey Produce Company supply businesses in?
(a) Chicago, New York, and Boston.
(b) Chicago, Atlanta, and Boston.
(c) New York, Boston, and Dallas.
(d) New York, Dallas, and St. Louis.
15. What does Zech buy for Emma at the mercantile?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A new coat.
(c) New shoes.
(d) A new dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year does Sol launch the MacIvey Produce Company?
2. How many children do Zech and Tawanda have?
3. What does Keith Tiger tell Zech that Tawanda had accepted about their relationship?
4. Where is Zech shot during the battle with the cattle rustlers?
5. Who insists that Emma be buried back at the homestead?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)