|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the trip back from Punta Rassa to be slower in Chapter 32?
(a) The amount of supplies the family has.
(b) Overweight horses.
(c) Tobias' health.
(d) A number of detours.
2. How does Zech respond to the blocked prairie that prohibits trespassing?
(a) He does not know about it.
(b) He is discouraged.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is irate.
3. How old is Sol in 1892?
4. How many winter storms threaten the orange trees?
5. Where does Sol keep his money?
(a) In a safe.
(b) In a trunk.
(c) In a bank.
(d) In a vault.
6. When does Sol leave the MacIvey homestead?
7. Where is the first vacation that Zech, Glenda, and Sol have?
(a) Palm Beach.
(c) Key West.
8. Where do Zech and Glenda spend their honeymoon?
(a) In the wilderness.
(b) In Jacksonville.
(c) On a riverboat.
(d) In Miami.
9. What does Zech give to Toby before he leaves the Seminole camp?
(a) A rifle, a knife, and a whip.
(b) A rifle and a knife.
(c) A rifle and a whip.
(d) A knife and a whip.
10. Where does Tobias continue to store the gold that he receives for the cattle?
(a) In a bank.
(b) In a safe.
(c) In a vault.
(d) In lockers.
11. How does Zech respond to Glenda's miscarriage?
(a) He is surprised and saddened.
(b) He is angry, but not surprised.
(c) He is saddened, but not surprised.
(d) He is surprised and angry.
12. How does the clerk respond to the amount of money Zech is spending on the land he purchases in Okeechobee?
(a) He is upset.
(b) He is ambivalent.
(c) He is amused.
(d) He is startled.
13. How does Zech feel in the city while shopping with Glenda?
(a) He is upset by it.
(b) He is enjoying it.
(c) He is uncomfortable with it.
(d) He is entertained by it.
14. Where do the MacIveys build a cabin for the trips they make to Punta Rassa?
(a) On land that they have recently purchased.
(b) On the land that Zech won years earlier.
(c) On the land the Indians have given them.
(d) On land that Tobias inherited.
15. What does Tobias do to cause the orange trees to bloom successfully?
(a) He plants the trees in a different location.
(b) He plants half as many trees.
(c) He plants twice as many trees.
(d) He plants taller trees.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Emma recommend going another way when they face the blocked prairie?
2. Besides Florida cities, what other cities does the MacIvey Produce Company supply businesses in?
3. How many cows do the MacIveys have in 1892 when they reach Punta Rassa?
4. How many provisions can Zech purchase at Fort Drum after the winter storms?
5. What month does Zech travel south to find new marshtackies?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)