|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is the date set for Zech and Glenda's wedding?
(a) The first week in February.
(b) The last week in February.
(c) The last week in April.
(d) The first week in April.
2. How many more miscarriages has Glenda suffered by 1888?
3. Why does Emma recommend going another way when they face the blocked prairie?
(a) To prevent a war.
(b) To get the sheriff.
(c) To prevent injury to the cattle.
(d) It will save time.
4. How does Glenda die?
(a) She is killed by a bull.
(b) She dies from malaria.
(c) She is killed after falling.
(d) She dies in childbirth.
5. How does Zech die?
(a) He drowns.
(b) He is trampled by a stampede of horses.
(c) He dies in his sleep.
(d) He is struck with pneumonia.
6. How does Tobias feel about Zech's plan for the land he has worked on?
(a) He is upset.
(b) He is unaware of the plan.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is happy.
7. What does Keith Tiger tell Zech that Tawanda had accepted about their relationship?
(a) The complications of it.
(b) The inconvenience of it.
(c) Only the good parts of it.
(d) The frustration of it.
8. How many acres does Zech's plan initially involve?
(a) Fifteen thousand acres.
(b) Twenty five thousand acres.
(c) Ten thousand acres.
(d) Twenty thousand acres.
9. Where does Zech hire the men to help him deal with the cattle rustlers?
(a) Fort Myers.
(b) Palm Beach.
(c) Punta Rassa.
(d) Fort Drum.
10. When is the La Florida Hotel built?
11. How many provisions can Zech purchase at Fort Drum after the winter storms?
(a) As many as he needs.
(b) A little less than normal.
(d) Only a small amount.
12. How much time passes between Zech's trip to Fort Drum and the visit by the Seminoles?
(a) A few months.
(b) One year.
(c) A few days.
(d) A few weeks.
13. How does Tawanda die?
(b) Food poisoning.
(c) In childbirth.
(d) In a hunting accident.
14. Where does the local doctor tell Zech there is a specialist who might be able to remove the bullet?
15. During a cattle drive in 1892, what are the men drilling for, causing Tobias to wonder what will happen when all of the land is purchased?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes over Emma's chores after she passes away?
2. Besides Florida cities, what other cities does the MacIvey Produce Company supply businesses in?
3. Where is Zech shot during the battle with the cattle rustlers?
4. Where does Tobias continue to store the gold that he receives for the cattle?
5. How does Sol respond to the way real estate is taking over the land his family owns?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)