|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the local doctor tell Zech there is a specialist who might be able to remove the bullet?
2. How many more miscarriages has Glenda suffered by 1888?
3. How many provisions can Zech purchase at Fort Drum after the winter storms?
(a) Only a small amount.
(b) As many as he needs.
(d) A little less than normal.
4. What does Zech buy for Emma at the mercantile?
(a) New shoes.
(b) A new coat.
(c) A new dress.
(d) A necklace.
5. How much time passes between Zech's trip to Fort Drum and the visit by the Seminoles?
(a) A few months.
(b) A few weeks.
(c) One year.
(d) A few days.
6. What causes the trip back from Punta Rassa to be slower in Chapter 32?
(a) The amount of supplies the family has.
(b) Tobias' health.
(c) Overweight horses.
(d) A number of detours.
7. How old is Sol in 1892?
8. How does Glenda die?
(a) She dies from malaria.
(b) She is killed after falling.
(c) She is killed by a bull.
(d) She dies in childbirth.
9. Where does Sol purchase his first piece of land?
(a) Duval County.
(b) Lake County.
(c) Glades County.
(d) Dade County.
10. What does Tobias die from?
(a) Natural causes.
(c) He falls.
11. How long ago had Keith Tiger passed away when Sol visits the Seminole village?
(a) Four years ago.
(b) Two years ago.
(c) Five years ago.
(d) Three years ago.
12. Where do the MacIveys build a cabin for the trips they make to Punta Rassa?
(a) On land that they have recently purchased.
(b) On the land the Indians have given them.
(c) On the land that Zech won years earlier.
(d) On land that Tobias inherited.
13. What does Tawanda warn Zech about before he leaves the camp?
(a) An approaching storm.
(c) The pending hurricane.
(d) Nearby alligators.
14. How many acres does Zech's plan initially involve?
(a) Fifteen thousand acres.
(b) Twenty five thousand acres.
(c) Twenty thousand acres.
(d) Ten thousand acres.
15. How long does Tobias grieve and ignore the orange trees?
(a) Two years.
(b) One month.
(c) Two months.
(d) One year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prevents the MacIveys from staying at the Royal Poinciana Hotel?
2. What does Zech plan to do with the land Tobias has worked on?
3. What does Tobias do to cause the orange trees to bloom successfully?
4. How many acres of land does Zech purchase in Okeechobee?
5. Why does Emma recommend going another way when they face the blocked prairie?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)