|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Zech hire the men to help him deal with the cattle rustlers?
(a) Punta Rassa.
(b) Fort Myers.
(c) Fort Drum.
(d) Palm Beach.
2. Besides wolves, what does the MacIvey family face on Glenda's first cattle drive?
3. Where is the first vacation that Zech, Glenda, and Sol have?
(a) Key West.
(c) Palm Beach.
4. When is the La Florida Hotel built?
5. Where do the MacIveys build a cabin for the trips they make to Punta Rassa?
(a) On the land that Zech won years earlier.
(b) On land that Tobias inherited.
(c) On the land the Indians have given them.
(d) On land that they have recently purchased.
6. Where does Sol keep his money?
(a) In a trunk.
(b) In a safe.
(c) In a bank.
(d) In a vault.
7. What month does Zech travel south to find new marshtackies?
8. How many acres does Zech's plan initially involve?
(a) Twenty thousand acres.
(b) Twenty five thousand acres.
(c) Ten thousand acres.
(d) Fifteen thousand acres.
9. How many provisions can Zech purchase at Fort Drum after the winter storms?
(a) A little less than normal.
(b) Only a small amount.
(c) As many as he needs.
10. What does Tawanda warn Zech about before he leaves the camp?
(a) An approaching storm.
(c) Nearby alligators.
(d) The pending hurricane.
11. How does Tawanda die?
(a) Food poisoning.
(b) In a hunting accident.
(c) In childbirth.
12. How many men are standing in Tobias' way during a cattle drive at the end of Chapter 28?
(a) Two hundred and fifty.
(b) One hundred and fifty.
(c) One hundred.
13. Where does the local doctor tell Zech there is a specialist who might be able to remove the bullet?
14. How many cattle drives are the MacIveys doing in 1888?
(a) Only two every year.
(b) Only one every three years.
(c) Only one every two years.
(d) Only one every year.
15. How many acres of land does Zech purchase in Okeechobee?
(a) Sixty thousand acres.
(b) Eighty thousand acres.
(c) One hundred thousand acres.
(d) Forty thousand acres.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the trip back from Punta Rassa to be slower in Chapter 32?
2. What does Glenda tell Emma in confidence at the end of Chapter 25?
3. How does Zech respond to Glenda's miscarriage?
4. Who takes over Emma's chores after she passes away?
5. How does Tobias feel about Zech's plan for the land he has worked on?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)