|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Sol and Bonnie build their home?
(a) Fort Lauderdale.
(c) Fort Myers.
2. What does Sol think of Toby with regards to land development?
(a) He thinks Toby is misinformed.
(b) He thinks Toby is intelligent.
(c) He thinks Toby is confused.
(d) He thinks Toby is naive.
3. What does Tobias die from?
(b) He falls.
(c) Natural causes.
4. What does Tobias do to cause the orange trees to bloom successfully?
(a) He plants taller trees.
(b) He plants twice as many trees.
(c) He plants the trees in a different location.
(d) He plants half as many trees.
5. How many days does the family rest after Glenda's miscarriage?
6. What does Toby call Sol before he leaves the village?
(a) A good friend.
(b) A traitor.
(c) A former friend.
(d) A bitter enemy.
7. How many cows do the MacIveys have in 1892 when they reach Punta Rassa?
(a) Over two thousand.
(b) Less than one thousand.
(c) Less than two thousand.
(d) Over three thousand.
8. Who takes over Emma's chores after she passes away?
9. How does Emma feel about Zech's plan for the land?
(a) She does not understand it.
(b) She ignores it.
(c) She agrees.
(d) She disagrees.
10. How much time passes between Zech's trip to Fort Drum and the visit by the Seminoles?
(a) A few days.
(b) A few weeks.
(c) One year.
(d) A few months.
11. How many men are standing in Tobias' way during a cattle drive at the end of Chapter 28?
(a) One hundred.
(c) Two hundred and fifty.
(d) One hundred and fifty.
12. How does Sol respond to the way real estate is taking over the land his family owns?
(a) He is horrified, but cannot resist the profit.
(b) He is happy because of the profit he is making.
(c) He is horrified and refuses to profit from it.
(d) He refuses to think about it and chooses to only focus on the profit.
13. How many more miscarriages has Glenda suffered by 1888?
14. What causes the trip back from Punta Rassa to be slower in Chapter 32?
(a) The amount of supplies the family has.
(b) Tobias' health.
(c) A number of detours.
(d) Overweight horses.
15. How does the clerk respond to the amount of money Zech is spending on the land he purchases in Okeechobee?
(a) He is amused.
(b) He is startled.
(c) He is ambivalent.
(d) He is upset.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Zech, Glenda, and Sol buy more orange trees after the winter storms?
2. How does Toby react to the land that Sol has purchased for his produce company?
3. How does Tawanda die?
4. When is Zech's son, Solomon, born?
5. What does Glenda tell Emma in confidence at the end of Chapter 25?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)