|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides wolves, what does the MacIvey family face on Glenda's first cattle drive?
2. How does Zech respond to Glenda's miscarriage?
(a) He is angry, but not surprised.
(b) He is surprised and angry.
(c) He is saddened, but not surprised.
(d) He is surprised and saddened.
3. How many days does the family rest after Glenda's miscarriage?
4. How does Tawanda react to Zech's marriage?
(a) She is happy for him.
(b) She is confused.
(c) She is unfazed.
(d) She is upset.
5. How does Toby react to the land that Sol has purchased for his produce company?
(a) He is sad.
(b) He is happy.
(c) He is outraged.
(d) He is confused.
6. How does Zech respond to the blocked prairie that prohibits trespassing?
(a) He is discouraged.
(b) He is irate.
(c) He does not know about it.
(d) He is confused.
7. What does Tobias die from?
(a) He falls.
(c) Natural causes.
8. What does Toby call Sol before he leaves the village?
(a) A good friend.
(b) A former friend.
(c) A bitter enemy.
(d) A traitor.
9. What does Zech plan to do with the land Tobias has worked on?
(a) Purchase it.
(b) Rent it.
(c) Develop it.
(d) Sell it.
10. How many cattle drives are the MacIveys doing in 1888?
(a) Only one every two years.
(b) Only one every three years.
(c) Only one every year.
(d) Only two every year.
11. What does Glenda tell Emma in confidence at the end of Chapter 25?
(a) That she is not pregnant.
(b) That Zech wants to have children, but she does not.
(c) That she is pregnant.
(d) That she wants to have children, but Zech does not.
12. What does the medicine man in the Seminole village use to remove the bullet?
(a) A sharpened piece of wood.
(b) A sharpened rock.
(c) A knife.
(d) His teeth.
13. What does Zech give to Toby before he leaves the Seminole camp?
(a) A rifle, a knife, and a whip.
(b) A rifle and a whip.
(c) A rifle and a knife.
(d) A knife and a whip.
14. What does Keith Tiger tell Zech that Tawanda had accepted about their relationship?
(a) The complications of it.
(b) The frustration of it.
(c) The inconvenience of it.
(d) Only the good parts of it.
15. What does Tawanda warn Zech about before he leaves the camp?
(a) The pending hurricane.
(b) An approaching storm.
(c) Nearby alligators.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sol think of Toby with regards to land development?
2. How does Tobias react to his new suit?
3. Where is the MacIvey Produce Company located?
4. How does Zech die?
5. What does Tobias do to cause the orange trees to bloom successfully?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)