|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sol leave the MacIvey homestead?
(a) He cannot pass up the offer made to sell it.
(b) He becomes bored with the wilderness.
(c) He cannot live with the memories.
(d) He has a dislike for oranges and cows.
2. How often is Zech planning on purchasing orange trees from Fort Dallas?
(a) Once a year.
(b) Twice a year.
(c) Every month.
(d) Once every two years.
3. Besides Florida cities, what other cities does the MacIvey Produce Company supply businesses in?
(a) Chicago, Atlanta, and Boston.
(b) Chicago, New York, and Boston.
(c) New York, Dallas, and St. Louis.
(d) New York, Boston, and Dallas.
4. When is the date set for Zech and Glenda's wedding?
(a) The last week in February.
(b) The last week in April.
(c) The first week in April.
(d) The first week in February.
5. How does Tawanda react to Zech's marriage?
(a) She is upset.
(b) She is happy for him.
(c) She is unfazed.
(d) She is confused.
6. How many cattle drives are the MacIveys doing in 1888?
(a) Only one every year.
(b) Only one every two years.
(c) Only two every year.
(d) Only one every three years.
7. How many days does the family rest after Glenda's miscarriage?
8. How many men are standing in Tobias' way during a cattle drive at the end of Chapter 28?
(b) Two hundred and fifty.
(c) One hundred and fifty.
(d) One hundred.
9. How many orange trees does Zech purchase in Fort Dallas?
(a) Four thousand.
(b) Ten thousand.
(c) Eight thousand.
(d) Six thousand.
10. How does Zech respond to Glenda's miscarriage?
(a) He is saddened, but not surprised.
(b) He is surprised and saddened.
(c) He is angry, but not surprised.
(d) He is surprised and angry.
11. How long does Tobias grieve and ignore the orange trees?
(a) Two years.
(b) Two months.
(c) One year.
(d) One month.
12. When is Bonnie killed?
(a) September, 1938.
(b) November, 1938.
(c) November, 1928.
(d) September, 1928.
13. Where is Zech shot during the battle with the cattle rustlers?
(a) His arm.
(b) His leg.
(c) His ankle.
(d) His shoulder.
14. How does Tobias feel about Zech's plan for the land he has worked on?
(a) He is unaware of the plan.
(b) He is upset.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is happy.
15. Where is the first vacation that Zech, Glenda, and Sol have?
(b) Key West.
(c) Palm Beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Zech hire the men to help him deal with the cattle rustlers?
2. Where do Sol and Bonnie build their home?
3. When does Sol leave the MacIvey homestead?
4. How does Glenda die?
5. What does the medicine man in the Seminole village use to remove the bullet?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)