|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time passes between Zech's trip to Fort Drum and the visit by the Seminoles?
(a) A few months.
(b) A few days.
(c) One year.
(d) A few weeks.
2. Where does Sol keep his money?
(a) In a vault.
(b) In a safe.
(c) In a trunk.
(d) In a bank.
3. How long ago did Tawana die, according to what Keith Tiger tells Zech?
(a) A few years ago.
(b) A few months ago.
(c) One year ago.
(d) Many years ago.
4. What does Glenda tell Emma in confidence at the end of Chapter 25?
(a) That she wants to have children, but Zech does not.
(b) That she is pregnant.
(c) That Zech wants to have children, but she does not.
(d) That she is not pregnant.
5. What does Sol name his real estate company?
(a) The MacIvey Real Estate Company.
(b) The MacIvey Land Development Company.
(c) The MacIvey Real Estate and Development Company.
(d) The MacIvey Development Company.
6. How does Zech die?
(a) He is struck with pneumonia.
(b) He drowns.
(c) He is trampled by a stampede of horses.
(d) He dies in his sleep.
7. What happens to Glenda during the trip back from Punta Rassa?
(a) She is thrown from her horse.
(b) She falls while getting off her horse.
(c) She falls while getting on her horse.
(d) She is trapped underneath her horse.
8. How does Tawanda react to Zech's marriage?
(a) She is upset.
(b) She is happy for him.
(c) She is confused.
(d) She is unfazed.
9. How old is Sol in 1892?
10. What prevents the MacIveys from staying at the Royal Poinciana Hotel?
(a) Zech has left his money in another town.
(b) Zech does not fit in with the other guests.
(c) The hotel does not accept gold for payment.
(d) Glenda would prefer to stay at a less elegant hotel.
11. How many cows do the MacIveys have in 1892 when they reach Punta Rassa?
(a) Over two thousand.
(b) Over three thousand.
(c) Less than one thousand.
(d) Less than two thousand.
12. What does Keith Tiger tell Zech that Tawanda had accepted about their relationship?
(a) Only the good parts of it.
(b) The frustration of it.
(c) The inconvenience of it.
(d) The complications of it.
13. How many cattle drives are the MacIveys doing in 1888?
(a) Only one every year.
(b) Only one every three years.
(c) Only two every year.
(d) Only one every two years.
14. What causes the trip back from Punta Rassa to be slower in Chapter 32?
(a) The amount of supplies the family has.
(b) Tobias' health.
(c) Overweight horses.
(d) A number of detours.
15. Where does the local doctor tell Zech there is a specialist who might be able to remove the bullet?
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Zech's son, Solomon, born?
2. What does Tobias die from?
3. How long ago had Keith Tiger passed away when Sol visits the Seminole village?
4. How many days does the family rest after Glenda's miscarriage?
5. How does Zech feel in the city while shopping with Glenda?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)