|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many rooms has the MacIvey house grown by in 1875?
2. How long does the construction of the MacIvey's first primitive house in Florida take?
(a) Three years.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) One year.
(d) One month.
3. How many days is it before Tobias and Henry meet the drovers?
4. How many drovers are there to help Tobias and Henry drive the cattle?
5. What year is it when Chapter 13 begins?
6. How long has the Civil War been over when Tobias' cattle business begins to take off?
(a) One month.
(b) Two months.
(c) One year.
(d) Two years.
7. What does the old man warn Tobias about the swamp area?
(a) It is certain death.
(b) Men have disappeared there.
(c) It has never been crossed.
(d) There is an unknown monster living in it.
8. Where have Keith Tiger, Bird Jumper, and Lillie walked to Florida from?
(b) New Mexico.
9. What city does Solomon MacIvey live in?
10. Who is James Tiger?
(a) Keith Tiger's cousin.
(b) Keith Tiger's grandson.
(c) Keith Tiger's nephew.
(d) Keith Tiger's son.
11. Where are the ships heading as the Federal Troops are intercepting them?
12. Who tells Tobias about the money to be made in gator hides?
(a) A trading post proprietor.
(b) An Indian.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A riverboat captain.
13. What forces the MacIveys to turn back on their first trip to Punta Rassa?
(a) A hurricane.
(c) The Confederates.
(d) A storm.
14. What sounds keep Tobias awake the night after the family eats the beef roast?
15. How many men does Tobias hire to help with the drive to Punta Rassa?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emma tell Zech about Glenda?
2. What attacks the cows in the swamp area?
3. How is Tobias paid by Cap'n Hendry?
4. Where does Zech meet Glenda?
5. What is the second job Tobias is forced to do for the Confederates?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)