|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Tobias finish the pen he is working on?
(a) At the end of the fall.
(b) At the end of the spring.
(c) At the end of the winter.
(d) At the end of the summer.
2. How does Tobias react to the news of the cows that have been lost?
(a) He is ambivalent.
(b) He is upset.
(c) He is not told.
(d) He is calm.
3. What does MacIvey brand the first cow he corrals after settling near the Kissimmee River?
4. How many years has Skillit been drifting?
5. How many rooms has the MacIvey house grown by in 1875?
6. How long does it take Tobias to walk home after the cattle drive is finished?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Four days.
(d) Eight days.
7. Who tells Tobias about the money to be made in gator hides?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A riverboat captain.
(c) A trading post proprietor.
(d) An Indian.
8. What letters are on top of the LaFlorida Hotel?
9. What do the Indians trade Tobias for some of his bullets?
10. What does Emma make by grounding cattails?
11. How many oxen do the Confederate soldiers take?
12. What jungle do Tobias and Zech encounter on the way to the Seminoles?
(a) The sugar-apple forest.
(b) The rose-apple forest.
(c) The star-apple forest.
(d) The custard-apple forest.
13. How many dogs are tied close by when Zech finds the marshtackie?
14. Where did the McIvey family move from to start their new life in Florida?
15. Where is the trading post located?
(a) Arlington River.
(b) Turkey Creek.
(c) St. Johns River.
(d) Rice Creek.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men does Tobias hire to help with the drive to Punta Rassa?
2. What happens if the cattle are driven too quickly?
3. How many times does Tobias attempt to capture an alligator?
4. How many days is it before Tobias and Henry meet the drovers?
5. What does Tobias kill to provide Zech with the first beef he has ever eaten?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)