|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only thing the proprietor gives Tobias?
(b) Scraps of clothing.
(d) A whip.
2. What fruit does Tobias learn is being sold for money while he is at a trading post?
3. How many oxen do the Confederate soldiers take?
4. What does Tobias kill to provide Zech with the first beef he has ever eaten?
(a) A cow.
(b) An ox.
(c) A deer.
(d) A bull.
5. When is Tobias ready to try to go to Punta Rassa again?
(a) The next spring.
(b) The next winter.
(c) The next fall.
(d) The next summer.
6. At what pace do Tobias and Zech drive the cows to the Seminoles?
(a) Very quickly.
(b) At a normal pace.
(c) Very slowly.
(d) At a slightly faster pace than normal.
7. How does Solomon think the tourists and real estate ventures have changed the city?
(a) It has remained the same.
(b) He is not aware of the changes.
(c) For the worse.
(d) For the better.
8. After the battle is over, which one of the following is not taken by Tobias from the dead Union soldier's bag?
(b) A knife.
(c) A gun.
(d) Canned beef.
9. Where is the Big Cypress Swamp located?
(a) Near Lane Cove.
(b) Near Fort Myers.
(c) Near the Everglades.
(d) Near Pompano Beach.
10. What prize does Zech win in the horse race against Cap'n Hendry?
11. What river does the Cow Cavalry drive the cattle across?
(a) St. Johns River.
(b) Nassau River.
(c) St. Marys River.
(d) Indian River.
12. What story influences the name Tobias gives to the marshtackie?
(a) The Mesopotamians.
(b) The Sumerians.
(c) The Bolsheviks.
(d) The Ishmaelites.
13. According to the proprietor, when did the Rebel soldiers purchase everything in the store?
(a) Two weeks ago.
(b) Two days before.
(c) The day before.
(d) The week before.
14. Where does Tobias assume the marshtackie has come from?
(a) The Indians.
(b) The woods.
(c) The Confederates.
(d) The Federal army.
15. How many days do Tobias and Zech spend in the jungle on their way to the Seminoles?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many rooms has the MacIvey house grown by in 1875?
2. Who is James Tiger?
3. What happens the first time Tobias and Zech encounter the bull?
4. How much is Tobias told the cattle is being purchased for before being shipped to Cuba?
5. What have the Confederate soldiers burned down?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)