|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emma make by grounding cattails?
2. What does Tobias collapse from while staying with the Seminoles?
(a) Food poisoning.
(c) The flu.
3. What is the Everglades area known as to the Indians?
(a) The River of Grass.
(b) The Long River.
(c) The River of Dreams.
(d) The Endless River.
4. What setbacks do the MacIveys face during the cattle drive at the end of Chapter 19?
(a) Cold temperatures and wind.
(b) Cold temperatures and fog.
(c) Heat and bees.
(d) Heat and mosquitoes.
5. Why do Tobias and Zech release the cow from the pen?
(a) For better grazing.
(b) They hope it will lead them to more cows.
(c) It is sick.
(d) They cannot continue to see it imprisoned.
6. What are Emma and Zech forced to kill while Tobias is on the cattle drive?
(a) A coyote.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A raccoon.
(d) A bear.
7. What fruit does Tobias learn is being sold for money while he is at a trading post?
8. How is Tobias feeling during the trip to drive the cows to the Seminoles?
(a) He is in pain.
(b) He is disoriented.
(c) He is feeling fine.
(d) He is overly anxious.
9. How does Solomon tell Toby that he views his past accomplishments?
(a) He is proud of them.
(b) He doesn't remember them anymore.
(c) He is not proud of them.
(d) He wishes he could have done more.
10. How many cows do the men lose during the battle with the wolves?
11. Where is the Big Cypress Swamp located?
(a) Near Pompano Beach.
(b) Near Fort Myers.
(c) Near Lane Cove.
(d) Near the Everglades.
12. Where have Keith Tiger, Bird Jumper, and Lillie walked to Florida from?
(b) New Mexico.
13. What does Tobias do to the cowboys after hearing that they hung the Indians?
(a) He pushes them.
(b) He punches them.
(c) He shoots them.
(d) He whips them.
14. When is Tobias able to build a house for his family to live in?
(a) The second year they are in Florida.
(b) The second month they are in Florida.
(c) The third month they are in Florida.
(d) The third year they are in Florida.
15. How many rooms has the MacIvey house grown by in 1875?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Tobias paid by Cap'n Hendry?
2. How many cows does Tobias sell to Cap'n Hendry?
3. How long has the Civil War been over when Tobias' cattle business begins to take off?
4. What city does Solomon MacIvey live in?
5. What prize does Zech win in the horse race against Cap'n Hendry?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)