|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Zech playing with as Emma cooks dinner at the end of Chapter 6?
(b) A club.
(c) A whip.
(d) Wooden soldiers.
2. When is Tobias ready to try to go to Punta Rassa again?
(a) The next fall.
(b) The next summer.
(c) The next spring.
(d) The next winter.
3. When does Tobias finish the pen he is working on?
(a) At the end of the fall.
(b) At the end of the spring.
(c) At the end of the winter.
(d) At the end of the summer.
4. Where is the Big Cypress Swamp located?
(a) Near Lane Cove.
(b) Near Pompano Beach.
(c) Near Fort Myers.
(d) Near the Everglades.
5. What does Tobias want to trade for supplies at the trading post?
(a) Coon skins.
(b) Snake skins.
(c) Rabbit fur.
6. How many oxen do the Confederate soldiers take?
7. How old is Zech when he is first seen with his father?
(a) Seven years old.
(b) Six years old.
(c) Five years old.
(d) Eight years old.
8. According to the proprietor, when did the Rebel soldiers purchase everything in the store?
(a) Two days before.
(b) The week before.
(c) Two weeks ago.
(d) The day before.
9. How is Tobias paid by Cap'n Hendry?
(a) In gold.
(b) In silver.
(c) In bills.
(d) With an I.O.U.
10. What sound awakens Tobias one night on his trip to Punta Rassa?
(c) A storm.
11. How much does Tobias receive for the cows he sells to Cap'n Hendry the first time?
(a) Sixteen dollars per head.
(b) Fourteen dollars per head.
(c) Twelve dollars per head.
(d) Eighteen dollars per head.
12. Where did the McIvey family move from to start their new life in Florida?
13. What does Emma tell Zech about Glenda?
(a) He should try to write to her.
(b) Wait as long as possible before seeing her again.
(c) Not to wait too long to see her again.
(d) He should not try to write to her.
14. What year does A Land Remembered begin?
15. How many cows does Tobias give to James Tiger and Willie Cypress?
Short Answer Questions
1. After the battle is over, which one of the following is not taken by Tobias from the dead Union soldier's bag?
2. What is the second job Tobias is forced to do for the Confederates?
3. Where is the trading post located?
4. Where have Keith Tiger, Bird Jumper, and Lillie walked to Florida from?
5. What year is it when Chapter 13 begins?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)