|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What forces the MacIveys to turn back on their first trip to Punta Rassa?
(b) A storm.
(c) The Confederates.
(d) A hurricane.
2. How long have Emma and Zech been hiding in the woods in fear of the Confederate soldiers returning?
(a) Two days.
(b) One week.
(c) One day.
(d) Two weeks.
3. How is Tobias feeling during the trip to drive the cows to the Seminoles?
(a) He is overly anxious.
(b) He is disoriented.
(c) He is feeling fine.
(d) He is in pain.
4. What time of day does Tobias attempt to get supplies from the trading post?
(a) Early afternoon.
(b) Early morning.
(c) Late afternoon.
5. What does MacIvey brand the first cow he corrals after settling near the Kissimmee River?
6. What does Tobias kill to provide Zech with the first beef he has ever eaten?
(a) An ox.
(b) A deer.
(c) A cow.
(d) A bull.
7. How much money does Tobias accept from the Indians for the cows?
(a) Only five dollars.
(b) Only seven dollars.
(c) Only three dollars.
8. Where is the trading post located?
(a) St. Johns River.
(b) Arlington River.
(c) Turkey Creek.
(d) Rice Creek.
9. How many times does Tobias attempt to capture an alligator?
(b) Three times.
10. Where is Punta Rassa located?
(a) Near Daytona Beach.
(b) Near Fort Myers.
(c) Near Fort Lauderdale.
(d) Near Panama City.
11. How many dogs are tied close by when Zech finds the marshtackie?
12. What problem does Emma solve for Tobias, pertaining to the orange trees?
(a) The weather destroying the oranges.
(b) The wolves eating the oranges.
(c) The cows eating the oranges.
(d) The oranges tasting too sour.
13. What does Emma make by grounding cattails?
14. What sounds keep Tobias awake the night after the family eats the beef roast?
15. What city does Solomon MacIvey live in?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the McIvey family move from to start their new life in Florida?
2. How many cows does Tobias sell to Cap'n Hendry?
3. How often does Solomon instruct the driver to bring him supplies?
4. What year does A Land Remembered begin?
5. What jungle do Tobias and Zech encounter on the way to the Seminoles?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)