|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the Seminole Indians that Tobias meets being pursued?
(a) They are accused of a crime they did not commit.
(b) They killed a calf.
(c) They do not say.
(d) They wounded a man by mistake.
2. How many days is it before Tobias and Henry meet the drovers?
3. How many times does Tobias attempt to capture an alligator?
(d) Three times.
4. What does MacIvey brand the first cow he corrals after settling near the Kissimmee River?
5. How many cows does Tobias have at the start of Chapter 13?
6. How long does the construction of the MacIvey's first primitive house in Florida take?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) One year.
(c) Three years.
(d) One month.
7. What does Emma tell Zech about Glenda?
(a) Not to wait too long to see her again.
(b) Wait as long as possible before seeing her again.
(c) He should not try to write to her.
(d) He should try to write to her.
8. Why do Tobias and Zech release the cow from the pen?
(a) They cannot continue to see it imprisoned.
(b) For better grazing.
(c) They hope it will lead them to more cows.
(d) It is sick.
9. How old is Zech when he is first seen with his father?
(a) Eight years old.
(b) Five years old.
(c) Seven years old.
(d) Six years old.
10. What city does Solomon MacIvey live in?
11. How long has the Civil War been over when Tobias' cattle business begins to take off?
(a) Two years.
(b) One month.
(c) One year.
(d) Two months.
12. How many cows do the men lose during the battle with the wolves?
13. How is Tobias paid by Cap'n Hendry?
(a) In bills.
(b) In gold.
(c) With an I.O.U.
(d) In silver.
14. What is the only thing the proprietor gives Tobias?
(c) A whip.
(d) Scraps of clothing.
15. How many months is it before the MacIveys settle near the Kissimmee River?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many acres of orange trees does Tobias plant?
2. Where does Zech meet Glenda?
3. Besides coons, what does Tobias kill for the family to live on in the beginning of Chapter 7?
4. What year does the story change to when Tobias MacIvey is introduced?
5. How much money does Tobias accept from the Indians for the cows?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)