|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Skillit from?
2. How often does Solomon instruct the driver to bring him supplies?
(a) Twice a month.
(b) Once a week.
(c) Twice a week.
(d) Once a month.
3. How many oxen do the Confederate soldiers take?
4. What letters are on top of the LaFlorida Hotel?
5. How much money does Tobias accept from the Indians for the cows?
(a) Only seven dollars.
(b) Only five dollars.
(d) Only three dollars.
6. How many cows do the men lose during the battle with the wolves?
7. Where does Tobias assume the marshtackie has come from?
(a) The woods.
(b) The Federal army.
(c) The Indians.
(d) The Confederates.
8. How many days is it before Tobias and Henry meet the drovers?
9. What does MacIvey brand the first cow he corrals after settling near the Kissimmee River?
10. How many years has Skillit been drifting?
11. Where does the MacIvey family head after their home is burned down?
12. How many cows does Tobias sell to Cap'n Hendry?
13. What year is it when Chapter 13 begins?
14. Where is Glenda attending school?
(b) West Palm Beach.
15. What does the old man warn Tobias about the swamp area?
(a) It is certain death.
(b) Men have disappeared there.
(c) It has never been crossed.
(d) There is an unknown monster living in it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Indians trade Tobias for some of his bullets?
2. What time of day does Tobias attempt to get supplies from the trading post?
3. What does Tobias want to trade for supplies at the trading post?
4. How many acres of orange trees does Tobias plant?
5. What attacks the cows in the swamp area?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)