|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many months is it before the MacIveys settle near the Kissimmee River?
2. How many rooms has the MacIvey house grown by in 1875?
3. How long has the Civil War been over when Tobias' cattle business begins to take off?
(a) Two years.
(b) One month.
(c) Two months.
(d) One year.
4. How much money does Tobias accept from the Indians for the cows?
(a) Only five dollars.
(b) Only three dollars.
(d) Only seven dollars.
5. What happens the first time Tobias and Zech encounter the bull?
(a) They do not try to catch it.
(b) They try to catch it, but cannot.
(c) They catch it and then release it.
(d) They catch it, but it escapes.
6. What does Solomon give his driver as they reach the cabin?
(a) An envelope with cash.
(b) The limousine.
(c) A blank check.
(d) The Rolls Royce.
7. What river does the Cow Cavalry drive the cattle across?
(a) Indian River.
(b) Nassau River.
(c) St. Marys River.
(d) St. Johns River.
8. How is Tobias feeling during the trip to drive the cows to the Seminoles?
(a) He is overly anxious.
(b) He is feeling fine.
(c) He is in pain.
(d) He is disoriented.
9. When is Tobias able to build a house for his family to live in?
(a) The second month they are in Florida.
(b) The third year they are in Florida.
(c) The second year they are in Florida.
(d) The third month they are in Florida.
10. How is Tobias paid by Cap'n Hendry?
(a) In gold.
(b) In bills.
(c) In silver.
(d) With an I.O.U.
11. Where did the McIvey family move from to start their new life in Florida?
12. What does MacIvey brand the first cow he corrals after settling near the Kissimmee River?
13. Where is the Cow Cavalry driving the cattle for the Confederate troops?
14. What causes the MacIveys to backtrack on their trip after their home is burned down?
(a) A tornado.
(b) Bad storms.
(c) Ground unfit for travel.
(d) A drought that causes a need for water.
15. Where does Tobias assume the marshtackie has come from?
(a) The Federal army.
(b) The Confederates.
(c) The Indians.
(d) The woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days is it before Tobias and Henry meet the drovers?
2. How many drovers are there to help Tobias and Henry drive the cattle?
3. How does Solomon think the tourists and real estate ventures have changed the city?
4. How long is it after they try to catch the bull that Zech finds the marshtackie in the pen?
5. Where is Glenda attending school?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)