|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many acres of orange trees does Tobias plant?
2. How long has the Civil War been over when Tobias' cattle business begins to take off?
(a) One year.
(b) Two years.
(c) One month.
(d) Two months.
3. What happens the first time Tobias and Zech encounter the bull?
(a) They do not try to catch it.
(b) They try to catch it, but cannot.
(c) They catch it and then release it.
(d) They catch it, but it escapes.
4. What do the Indians trade Tobias for some of his bullets?
5. What sound awakens Tobias one night on his trip to Punta Rassa?
(c) A storm.
6. How many oxen do the Confederate soldiers take?
7. What does the old man warn Tobias about the swamp area?
(a) There is an unknown monster living in it.
(b) It has never been crossed.
(c) It is certain death.
(d) Men have disappeared there.
8. Where is Skillit from?
9. How many days do Tobias and Zech spend in the jungle on their way to the Seminoles?
10. How many cows does Tobias have at the start of Chapter 13?
11. What story influences the name Tobias gives to the marshtackie?
(a) The Mesopotamians.
(b) The Bolsheviks.
(c) The Sumerians.
(d) The Ishmaelites.
12. When is Tobias able to build a house for his family to live in?
(a) The third year they are in Florida.
(b) The second month they are in Florida.
(c) The third month they are in Florida.
(d) The second year they are in Florida.
13. What sounds keep Tobias awake the night after the family eats the beef roast?
14. Where is Glenda attending school?
(c) West Palm Beach.
15. What river does the Cow Cavalry drive the cattle across?
(a) Nassau River.
(b) St. Marys River.
(c) Indian River.
(d) St. Johns River.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Tobias ready to try to go to Punta Rassa again?
2. What does Tobias kill to provide Zech with the first beef he has ever eaten?
3. What are Emma and Zech forced to kill while Tobias is on the cattle drive?
4. What does Tobias collapse from while staying with the Seminoles?
5. According to the proprietor, when did the Rebel soldiers purchase everything in the store?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)