|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prize does Zech win in the horse race against Cap'n Hendry?
2. How is Tobias paid by Cap'n Hendry?
(a) In silver.
(b) In gold.
(c) With an I.O.U.
(d) In bills.
3. What forces the MacIveys to turn back on their first trip to Punta Rassa?
(a) A hurricane.
(c) The Confederates.
(d) A storm.
4. What year does the story change to when Tobias MacIvey is introduced?
5. What year does A Land Remembered begin?
6. What color is the marshtackie that Zech finds?
7. How many cows do the men lose during the battle with the wolves?
8. What story influences the name Tobias gives to the marshtackie?
(a) The Ishmaelites.
(b) The Bolsheviks.
(c) The Sumerians.
(d) The Mesopotamians.
9. What is the Everglades area known as to the Indians?
(a) The River of Grass.
(b) The Endless River.
(c) The Long River.
(d) The River of Dreams.
10. What happens if the cattle are driven too quickly?
(a) The men will not be able to keep up with them.
(b) Some will escape from the herd.
(c) They will lose weight.
(d) They will become injured.
11. Besides coons, what does Tobias kill for the family to live on in the beginning of Chapter 7?
12. What does MacIvey brand the first cow he corrals after settling near the Kissimmee River?
13. How long is it after they try to catch the bull that Zech finds the marshtackie in the pen?
(a) One day.
(b) One week.
(c) One year.
(d) One month.
14. Where is the Cow Cavalry driving the cattle for the Confederate troops?
15. How many days do Tobias and Zech spend in the jungle on their way to the Seminoles?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Zech when he is first seen with his father?
2. When is Tobias able to build a house for his family to live in?
3. What does the old man warn Tobias about the swamp area?
4. What does Emma make by grounding cattails?
5. How many men does Tobias hire to help with the drive to Punta Rassa?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)