|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is James Tiger?
(a) Keith Tiger's son.
(b) Keith Tiger's nephew.
(c) Keith Tiger's cousin.
(d) Keith Tiger's grandson.
2. What setbacks do the MacIveys face during the cattle drive at the end of Chapter 19?
(a) Heat and mosquitoes.
(b) Cold temperatures and fog.
(c) Heat and bees.
(d) Cold temperatures and wind.
3. What time of day does Tobias attempt to get supplies from the trading post?
(b) Early afternoon.
(c) Early morning.
(d) Late afternoon.
4. What problem does Emma solve for Tobias, pertaining to the orange trees?
(a) The cows eating the oranges.
(b) The oranges tasting too sour.
(c) The weather destroying the oranges.
(d) The wolves eating the oranges.
5. Where did the McIvey family move from to start their new life in Florida?
6. How long does the construction of the MacIvey's first primitive house in Florida take?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) One year.
(c) One month.
(d) Three years.
7. What is the only thing the proprietor gives Tobias?
(a) A whip.
(d) Scraps of clothing.
8. What does Tobias want to trade for supplies at the trading post?
(b) Rabbit fur.
(c) Snake skins.
(d) Coon skins.
9. Where have Keith Tiger, Bird Jumper, and Lillie walked to Florida from?
(a) New Mexico.
10. How much of his land does Solomon plan on preserving through nature, as stated in his will?
(a) Half of it.
(b) All of it.
(c) Most of it.
(d) A small portion of it.
11. What is Zech playing with as Emma cooks dinner at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) A club.
(b) Wooden soldiers.
(c) A whip.
12. How much does Tobias receive for the cows he sells to Cap'n Hendry the first time?
(a) Twelve dollars per head.
(b) Eighteen dollars per head.
(c) Sixteen dollars per head.
(d) Fourteen dollars per head.
13. How many drovers are there to help Tobias and Henry drive the cattle?
14. What letters are on top of the LaFlorida Hotel?
15. What sound awakens Tobias one night on his trip to Punta Rassa?
(a) A storm.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long have Emma and Zech been hiding in the woods in fear of the Confederate soldiers returning?
2. What have the Confederate soldiers burned down?
3. How does Tobias react to the news of the cows that have been lost?
4. What fruit does Tobias learn is being sold for money while he is at a trading post?
5. What does Tobias collapse from while staying with the Seminoles?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)