|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What jungle do Tobias and Zech encounter on the way to the Seminoles?
(a) The sugar-apple forest.
(b) The star-apple forest.
(c) The rose-apple forest.
(d) The custard-apple forest.
2. What does Solomon give his driver as they reach the cabin?
(a) A blank check.
(b) An envelope with cash.
(c) The Rolls Royce.
(d) The limousine.
3. How long have Emma and Zech been hiding in the woods in fear of the Confederate soldiers returning?
(a) Two days.
(b) One week.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One day.
4. What sounds keep Tobias awake the night after the family eats the beef roast?
5. What letters are on top of the LaFlorida Hotel?
6. What have the Confederate soldiers burned down?
(a) Only the house and the smokehouse.
(b) Only the house and the barn.
(c) The house, the barn, and the smokehouse.
(d) Only the house.
7. When is Tobias able to build a house for his family to live in?
(a) The second year they are in Florida.
(b) The third year they are in Florida.
(c) The second month they are in Florida.
(d) The third month they are in Florida.
8. What forces the MacIveys to turn back on their first trip to Punta Rassa?
(b) The Confederates.
(c) A hurricane.
(d) A storm.
9. Where are the ships heading as the Federal Troops are intercepting them?
10. What does Tobias want to trade for supplies at the trading post?
(a) Rabbit fur.
(b) Coon skins.
(d) Snake skins.
11. When is Tobias ready to try to go to Punta Rassa again?
(a) The next spring.
(b) The next summer.
(c) The next fall.
(d) The next winter.
12. What does Tobias kill to provide Zech with the first beef he has ever eaten?
(a) A bull.
(b) An ox.
(c) A cow.
(d) A deer.
13. Where did the McIvey family move from to start their new life in Florida?
14. Where is the Cow Cavalry driving the cattle for the Confederate troops?
15. How does Solomon think the tourists and real estate ventures have changed the city?
(a) For the better.
(b) It has remained the same.
(c) He is not aware of the changes.
(d) For the worse.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has the Civil War been over when Tobias' cattle business begins to take off?
2. What part of Florida is the McIvey's primitive home located?
3. Where have Keith Tiger, Bird Jumper, and Lillie walked to Florida from?
4. How much money does Tobias accept from the Indians for the cows?
5. How many drovers are there to help Tobias and Henry drive the cattle?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)