|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What letters are on top of the LaFlorida Hotel?
2. How much does Tobias receive for the cows he sells to Cap'n Hendry the first time?
(a) Sixteen dollars per head.
(b) Twelve dollars per head.
(c) Fourteen dollars per head.
(d) Eighteen dollars per head.
3. What does Emma tell Zech about Glenda?
(a) Wait as long as possible before seeing her again.
(b) He should not try to write to her.
(c) Not to wait too long to see her again.
(d) He should try to write to her.
4. How long does the construction of the MacIvey's first primitive house in Florida take?
(a) Three years.
(b) One month.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) One year.
5. Why do Tobias and Zech release the cow from the pen?
(a) For better grazing.
(b) They hope it will lead them to more cows.
(c) It is sick.
(d) They cannot continue to see it imprisoned.
6. How is Tobias paid by Cap'n Hendry?
(a) In silver.
(b) With an I.O.U.
(c) In bills.
(d) In gold.
7. What setbacks do the MacIveys face during the cattle drive at the end of Chapter 19?
(a) Cold temperatures and wind.
(b) Heat and mosquitoes.
(c) Cold temperatures and fog.
(d) Heat and bees.
8. What forces the MacIveys to turn back on their first trip to Punta Rassa?
(a) A storm.
(b) The Confederates.
(d) A hurricane.
9. Where is Glenda attending school?
(d) West Palm Beach.
10. What jungle do Tobias and Zech encounter on the way to the Seminoles?
(a) The custard-apple forest.
(b) The sugar-apple forest.
(c) The rose-apple forest.
(d) The star-apple forest.
11. What happens the first time Tobias and Zech encounter the bull?
(a) They do not try to catch it.
(b) They catch it and then release it.
(c) They try to catch it, but cannot.
(d) They catch it, but it escapes.
12. Where does Zech meet Glenda?
(a) Fort Myers.
(b) Port Orange.
(c) Port St. John.
(d) Fort Drum.
13. How many oxen do the Confederate soldiers take?
14. What does the old man warn Tobias about the swamp area?
(a) There is an unknown monster living in it.
(b) Men have disappeared there.
(c) It has never been crossed.
(d) It is certain death.
15. How long have Emma and Zech been hiding in the woods in fear of the Confederate soldiers returning?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One day.
(c) Two days.
(d) One week.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Florida is the McIvey's primitive home located?
2. How much is Tobias told the cattle is being purchased for before being shipped to Cuba?
3. Where is Punta Rassa located?
4. After the battle is over, which one of the following is not taken by Tobias from the dead Union soldier's bag?
5. What color is the marshtackie that Zech finds?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)