|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years has Skillit been drifting?
2. What happens if the cattle are driven too quickly?
(a) They will lose weight.
(b) They will become injured.
(c) The men will not be able to keep up with them.
(d) Some will escape from the herd.
3. What time of day does Tobias attempt to get supplies from the trading post?
(a) Late afternoon.
(b) Early afternoon.
(d) Early morning.
4. Where does the MacIvey family head after their home is burned down?
5. How many men does Tobias hire to help with the drive to Punta Rassa?
6. Who tells Tobias about the money to be made in gator hides?
(a) An Indian.
(b) A trading post proprietor.
(c) A riverboat captain.
(d) A soldier.
7. When does Tobias finish the pen he is working on?
(a) At the end of the fall.
(b) At the end of the winter.
(c) At the end of the spring.
(d) At the end of the summer.
8. How long is Tobias under the medicine man's care before he is well enough to travel?
(a) One day.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Two days.
(d) One week.
9. Where are the ships heading as the Federal Troops are intercepting them?
10. What does the old man warn Tobias about the swamp area?
(a) It is certain death.
(b) Men have disappeared there.
(c) There is an unknown monster living in it.
(d) It has never been crossed.
11. What happens the first time Tobias and Zech encounter the bull?
(a) They do not try to catch it.
(b) They catch it, but it escapes.
(c) They catch it and then release it.
(d) They try to catch it, but cannot.
12. How long is it after they try to catch the bull that Zech finds the marshtackie in the pen?
(a) One year.
(b) One month.
(c) One day.
(d) One week.
13. When is Tobias ready to try to go to Punta Rassa again?
(a) The next fall.
(b) The next summer.
(c) The next spring.
(d) The next winter.
14. How long has the Civil War been over when Tobias' cattle business begins to take off?
(a) Two months.
(b) One year.
(c) Two years.
(d) One month.
15. How many months is it before the MacIveys settle near the Kissimmee River?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Solomon think the tourists and real estate ventures have changed the city?
2. How old is Zech when he is first seen with his father?
3. Where is the trading post located?
4. How many rooms has the MacIvey house grown by in 1875?
5. How is Tobias feeling during the trip to drive the cows to the Seminoles?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)