|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Zech meet Glenda?
(a) Port Orange.
(b) Fort Drum.
(c) Fort Myers.
(d) Port St. John.
2. What attacks the cows in the swamp area?
3. What fruit does Tobias learn is being sold for money while he is at a trading post?
4. What does Solomon give his driver as they reach the cabin?
(a) An envelope with cash.
(b) A blank check.
(c) The Rolls Royce.
(d) The limousine.
5. How often does Solomon instruct the driver to bring him supplies?
(a) Once a month.
(b) Twice a week.
(c) Once a week.
(d) Twice a month.
6. Where does Tobias assume the marshtackie has come from?
(a) The Federal army.
(b) The Confederates.
(c) The Indians.
(d) The woods.
7. What happens if the cattle are driven too quickly?
(a) The men will not be able to keep up with them.
(b) They will become injured.
(c) Some will escape from the herd.
(d) They will lose weight.
8. How many cows does Tobias have at the start of Chapter 13?
9. How old is Zech when he is first seen with his father?
(a) Five years old.
(b) Eight years old.
(c) Seven years old.
(d) Six years old.
10. Who tells Tobias about the money to be made in gator hides?
(a) A soldier.
(b) An Indian.
(c) A trading post proprietor.
(d) A riverboat captain.
11. What color is the marshtackie that Zech finds?
12. What is Zech playing with as Emma cooks dinner at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) Wooden soldiers.
(b) A club.
(c) A whip.
13. How many cows do the men lose during the battle with the wolves?
14. How many days do Tobias and Zech spend in the jungle on their way to the Seminoles?
15. How many days is it before Tobias and Henry meet the drovers?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the MacIvey family head after their home is burned down?
2. How does Tobias protect the Indians?
3. How much is Tobias paid for his work on the cattle drive with the Cow Cavalry?
4. How many men does Tobias hire to help with the drive to Punta Rassa?
5. What year does A Land Remembered begin?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)