|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the marshtackie that Zech finds?
2. How does Tobias react to the news of the cows that have been lost?
(a) He is upset.
(b) He is not told.
(c) He is calm.
(d) He is ambivalent.
3. Where does Tobias assume the marshtackie has come from?
(a) The Indians.
(b) The woods.
(c) The Confederates.
(d) The Federal army.
4. What sound awakens Tobias one night on his trip to Punta Rassa?
(c) A storm.
5. How long does the construction of the MacIvey's first primitive house in Florida take?
(a) One month.
(b) Three years.
(c) One year.
(d) Three weeks.
6. What prize does Zech win in the horse race against Cap'n Hendry?
7. How many days is it before Tobias and Henry meet the drovers?
8. What causes the MacIveys to backtrack on their trip after their home is burned down?
(a) Ground unfit for travel.
(b) Bad storms.
(c) A tornado.
(d) A drought that causes a need for water.
9. What does Solomon give his driver as they reach the cabin?
(a) A blank check.
(b) An envelope with cash.
(c) The Rolls Royce.
(d) The limousine.
10. Where is the trading post located?
(a) Rice Creek.
(b) Arlington River.
(c) St. Johns River.
(d) Turkey Creek.
11. Besides coons, what does Tobias kill for the family to live on in the beginning of Chapter 7?
12. How much money does Tobias accept from the Indians for the cows?
(a) Only seven dollars.
(c) Only five dollars.
(d) Only three dollars.
13. What does Tobias collapse from while staying with the Seminoles?
(b) The flu.
(c) Food poisoning.
14. How long has the Civil War been over when Tobias' cattle business begins to take off?
(a) One year.
(b) Two years.
(c) One month.
(d) Two months.
15. What problem does Emma solve for Tobias, pertaining to the orange trees?
(a) The weather destroying the oranges.
(b) The cows eating the oranges.
(c) The wolves eating the oranges.
(d) The oranges tasting too sour.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only thing the proprietor gives Tobias?
2. What year does A Land Remembered begin?
3. How many drovers are there to help Tobias and Henry drive the cattle?
4. What letters are on top of the LaFlorida Hotel?
5. How many dogs are tied close by when Zech finds the marshtackie?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)