Chapters 1, 2 and 3
* In 1968, Solomon MacIvey is being driven through the streets of Miami in a Rolls Royce as he regrets the role he had in the real estate development of the city.
* Solomon meets Toby Cypress at the Seminole Indian village before traveling to the MacIvey homestead to live out his final days.
* The story flashes back to 1863 where Tobias MacIvey has just migrated to Florida with his wife, Emma, and their son, Zech.
* After surviving a tough few years, Tobias meets three Seminole Indians and rescues them from danger, beginning a lifelong friendship between the two families.
Chapters 4, 5 and 6
* Tobias kills a bull, allowing Zech to eat beef roast for the first time.
* A Confederate marshal recruits Tobias to work on a Cow Cavalry while Emma and Zech defend themselves against a bear at the MacIvey home.
* Tobias is paid well for his work with the Confederates...
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)