|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did T.C. get made fun of for being?
2. How do Evelyn and Ruby start talking again?
3. Why does T.C. appreciate Bon Bon?
4. What last name is Alicia going to give the baby?
5. What is wrong with Ruby when Renard leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Renard show Evelyn he is thinking of her from overseas?
2. What does T.C. hope to do with his life?
3. What state is T.C.'s mama in when he shows up after he is released from prison?
4. Why does Evelyn not approach Renard when she goes to his work?
5. Why is there so much turmoil in Evelyn's home?
6. What does Evelyn's daddy, Nelson, say Renard could do to be a real hero?
7. Why does Jackie have a stressful relationship with Sybil?
8. Who helped raise T.C. and how did it affect him?
9. What does T.C. learn happened with his relatives while he was incarcerated?
10. Where and why does Tiger take T.C. to eat when he is released from prison?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sybil oozes wealth. Write an essay detailing why Jackie and her mother no longer feel close to Sybil once she is a successful lawyer.
Essay Topic 2
Nelson seems to enjoy Renard's company when he visits, even complimenting him on his articulate opinions. Write an essay showing the immediate change in Nelson when Renard leaves. Explain why Nelson does not want Evelyn dating Renard.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay explaining how the Jim Crow era that Evelyn lived through has affected her children and grandchildren as they come of age in their own timelines. Include whether or not racial disparity still exists today.
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)