|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bon Bon's real name?
2. Who is T.C.'s mama?
3. Where was T.C. going when he got pulled over?
4. What is Evelyn's opinion of Andrew?
5. Why does Renard pay the police?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jackie in a hurry to get Sybil out of her apartment?
2. How did T.C. injure himself?
3. What state is T.C.'s mama in when he shows up after he is released from prison?
4. Why is T.C. resentful of his Aunt Sybil?
5. What will happen if T.C. gets busted again?
6. Why could T.C.'s mama not move out of her trailer?
7. Where and why does Tiger take T.C. to eat when he is released from prison?
8. What two women does T.C. compare to each other and why?
9. Evelyn's daddy says she has a "low imagination" because she is settling. Why does this upset her?
10. Why does Sybil talk so poorly about her clients?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay explaining how the Jim Crow era that Evelyn lived through has affected her children and grandchildren as they come of age in their own timelines. Include whether or not racial disparity still exists today.
Essay Topic 2
Nelson seems to enjoy Renard's company when he visits, even complimenting him on his articulate opinions. Write an essay showing the immediate change in Nelson when Renard leaves. Explain why Nelson does not want Evelyn dating Renard.
Essay Topic 3
T.C.'s mama is Jackie from the 1986 timeline. When the reader is introduced to Jackie again she seems to have a different personality. Write an essay hypothesizing why Jackie now believes in conspiracy theories, makes up lies, and does not seem to care about people's feelings.
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)