|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of speech impediment does Renard have?
(d) Tourette's Syndrome.
2. What is Jackie's position at the nursery?
3. How old is Jackie?
4. Which of these is a sign that Terry is healthier?
(a) He is losing weight.
(b) He is talking faster.
(c) He is going bald.
(d) He is gaining weight.
5. What does Josephine do when she does not want her kids hearing her?
(b) Speaks Creole.
(c) Goes to her room.
(d) Covers her mouth.
6. What does Nelson accuse Josephine of?
(c) Being petty.
(d) Being late.
7. How long has Terry been clean when he goes to visit Jackie?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Two years.
(c) Two months.
(d) Two days.
8. Why does Terry say Jackie was a bright light?
(a) She was loud.
(b) She outshone her sister.
(c) Her laugh was funny.
(d) She had a greasy face.
9. Did Jackie's father go to college?
(b) He attended, but didn't finish.
(d) He doesn't believe in education.
10. Who does Evelyn compare Renard and herself to?
(a) His parents.
(b) Her parents.
(c) Movie stars.
(d) Book characters.
11. What couple does Jackie wish her relationship mirrored?
(a) Ike and Tina Turner.
(b) The King and Queen.
(c) Her parents' relationship.
(d) Her sister's relationship with friends.
12. Where is Miss Georgia's son?
(a) In a grave.
(b) At war.
(c) At his father's house.
(d) At a movie.
13. Who does Jackie say is the only person she does not have to fake happiness around?
(a) Her mama.
(b) Her baby.
(c) Her daddy.
(d) Her sister.
14. What does Jackie say she was only halfway grown?
(a) She was weak.
(b) She had always depended on a man.
(c) She was short.
(d) She was young.
15. What did Terry's father tell him about rehab?
(a) He needs to go immediately.
(b) His drug issue is not a problem.
(c) Crack is not addictive.
(d) Real men do not go.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jackie talk about to try and get attention?
2. What is Nelson's heritage?
3. Where does Jackie say was the promised land for the Black middle class?
4. How many children does Aunt Ruby have?
5. Do Jackie's mama and her Aunt Sybil get along?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)