|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Christ's contemporary accept Christ despite of?
2. What does Kierkegaard argue people think about Christ teachings?
3. What does The Sickness Unto Death argue the self is?
4. What does Kierkegaard say of Two Discourses in his work?
5. Who does The Sickness Unto Death argue the person is?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the definition of truth in relation to faith, truth being "an objective uncertainty held fast" and that "without risk, there is no faith." Use the text to discuss the interplay of truth and faith in the Kierkegaard Anthology.
Essay Topic 2
Reflect how Kierkegaard rejects and critiques central Protestant teaching and why his beliefs resonate more with the Catholic church and monastic life. Use the text to provide examples in your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Kierkegaard focuses on works of love and how these are necessary for the Christian. Examine the Epistle of James and how this Scripture supports Kierkegaard's belief in the works of love and a Christian practical ethic.
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)