|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Kierkegaard's political views?
2. When is Concluding Unscientific Postscript published?
3. What does Kierkegaard use the book review for?
4. In Chapter 13, what does Robert Bretall argue 1848 is for Kierkegaard's writing?
5. Why does Kierkegaard argue people convert for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard critique in Chapter 11, Works of Love?
2. In Chapter 15, Two Discourses at the Communion of Fridays, what does Kierkegaard realize about himself?
3. Why didn't Kierkegaard write anything between 1851 to 1854 according to Chapter 16, The Journals?
4. What does man contain, according to Kierkegaard?
5. What did Kierkegaard criticize about the sacraments?
6. What must individuality be separated from according to Chapter 8, Concluding Unscientific Postscript?
7. Why is Kierkegaard biased about the press?
8. What does it mean to be a Christian according to Kierkegaard?
9. What does Kierkegaard declare of truth?
10. What does the existence of man contradict, according to Kierkegaard?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Kierkegaard refutes the philosophy of Hegel and though he may admire Hegel's intellect, Kierkegaard thought he contradicted himself. Discuss the differences and similarities between Hegel and Kierkegaard. Use the text to support your comparison.
Essay Topic 2
Kierkegaard discusses the hazards in newspapers and in media. Discuss why the press is considered the heart of the public, yet appeals to the worst in humanity. Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Kierkegaard's view of Socrates and examine similarities between Socrates and Kierkegaard. Use the text to support your discussion.
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)