|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert Bretall in Chapter 17 say do not really fit together?
2. What does The Sickness Unto Death define?
3. Who does Bishop Mynster's eulogy compare him to?
4. What does Robert Bretall in Chapter 11 say about the views of Kierkegaard on Christianity the year before he dies?
5. What does Robert Bretall in Chapter 11 say Kierkegaard rejects and critiques?
Short Essay Questions
1. When was Chapter 12, The Point of View For My Work as an Author published?
2. What does it mean to be a Christian according to Kierkegaard?
3. What did Kierkegaard criticize about the sacraments?
4. What does Kierkegaard express his hatred of in Chapter 15, The Journals?
5. Why didn't Kierkegaard write anything between 1851 to 1854 according to Chapter 16, The Journals?
6. What does Kierkegaard find outrageous and upsetting?
7. Who died in 1854 in Chapter 17, The Attack Upon Christendom, and how was this person remembered?
8. What does man contain, according to Kierkegaard?
9. What does Kierkegaard see truth as?
10. What does Kierkegaard declare of truth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine how repetition occurred in Kierkegaard's own life, as well as the plot and how repetition has a plot. Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Kierkegaard focuses heavily on Abraham and Isaac while discussing the aesthetic life. Examine Kierkegaard's definition of the aesthetic life and compare the three stages of life outlined by Kierkegaard. Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the definition of truth in relation to faith, truth being "an objective uncertainty held fast" and that "without risk, there is no faith." Use the text to discuss the interplay of truth and faith in the Kierkegaard Anthology.
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)