|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the preface of Two Discourses?
2. Who is the criticism of Kierkegaard targeted at?
3. How does Kierkegaard describe what Christians call sin?
4. What is the central concept of Training in Christianity?
5. What does Kierkegaard think of The Sickness Unto Death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What hazard does Kierkegaard expose in Chapter 9, The Present Age?
2. What does Kierkegaard say Christianity offends?
3. What does Kierkegaard seek about the church at the end of The Attack Upon Christendom?
4. What does Kierkegaard say about the individual?
5. What does the existence of man contradict, according to Kierkegaard?
6. What does Kierkegaard claim happens when we relate to our true selves?
7. What, according to Kierkegaard, can generate true knowledge of the validity of Christianity?
8. When was Chapter 12, The Point of View For My Work as an Author published?
9. What does Kierkegaard find outrageous and upsetting?
10. Why is Kierkegaard biased about the press?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Kierkegaard examines how Christ is the only true teacher because only he lacks error. Examine the illustration that Kierkegaard uses to demonstrate this belief and analyze its purpose. Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Kierkegaard's view of Socrates and examine similarities between Socrates and Kierkegaard. Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Reflect how Kierkegaard rejects and critiques central Protestant teaching and why his beliefs resonate more with the Catholic church and monastic life. Use the text to provide examples in your discussion.
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)