|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Kierkegaard argue is attracted by Christ and his doctrines?
2. Who does Bishop Mynster's eulogy compare him to?
3. Why does Kierkegaard argue people convert for?
4. What does Kierkegaard think of The Sickness Unto Death?
5. What is The Journals the forbearer of?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kierkegaard define spirit and self in Chapter 13, The Sickness Unto Death?
2. What did Kierkegaard criticize about the sacraments?
3. When was Chapter 12, The Point of View For My Work as an Author published?
4. What does it mean to be a Christian according to Kierkegaard?
5. What does Kierkegaard aim to do in Chapter 15, Two Discourses at the Communion on Fridays?
6. What must individuality be separated from according to Chapter 8, Concluding Unscientific Postscript?
7. If you are a Christian, what are you not doing according to Kierkegaard in Chapter 14, Training in Christianity?
8. What does Kierkegaard seek about the church at the end of The Attack Upon Christendom?
9. What does Kierkegaard see truth as?
10. What does Kierkegaard critique in Chapter 11, Works of Love?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine what Christianity means for Kierkegaard. Compare his view of Christianity with that of paganism and pre-Christian religions. Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Kierkegaard focuses on works of love and how these are necessary for the Christian. Examine the Epistle of James and how this Scripture supports Kierkegaard's belief in the works of love and a Christian practical ethic.
Essay Topic 3
Examine Kierkegaard's relationship with Regina and discuss what prevented him from continuing his relationship. Discuss why he believed he manipulated her into falling in love with him. Use the text to support your discussion.
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)