|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard think of Bishop Mynster's sermons?
2. What does Kierkegaard argue is both a trap and an illusion?
3. Who did Kierkegaard receive communion from on his death bed?
4. What does Robert Bretall in Chapter 11 say about the views of Kierkegaard on Christianity the year before he dies?
5. What does Chapter 8 say about Hegel and his followers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Kierkegaard examines how Christ is the only true teacher because only he lacks error. Examine the illustration that Kierkegaard uses to demonstrate this belief and analyze its purpose. Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Kierkegaard's view of Socrates and examine similarities between Socrates and Kierkegaard. Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Practice in Christianity exposes Kierkegaard's belief regarding the religious individual, particularly in imitating Christ to become a Christian, as well as the paradox of the incarnation. Examine Kierkegaard's definition of a Christian, using the text to support your discussion.
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)