|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard argue is both a trap and an illusion?
2. What does Kierkegaard argue men are in the modern age?
3. What does The Sickness Unto Death argue is contained within man?
4. How does Kierkegaard see the move towards equality as being?
5. When does Kierkegaard argue that action is only comprehensible?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Kierkegaard frequently wrote under pseudonyms. Discuss why Kierkegaard used pseudonyms to present different points of views and philosophical exposition. Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Kierkegaard discusses Christendom and tries to define Christendom. Examine the objectives of God and how they are realized, using the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Kierkegaard examines how Christ is the only true teacher because only he lacks error. Examine the illustration that Kierkegaard uses to demonstrate this belief and analyze its purpose. Use the text to support your discussion.
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)