|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Kierkegaard argue a Christian must follow despite his being rejected by the world?
2. What is The Journals the forbearer of?
3. What does Robert Bretall in Chapter 17 argue Kierkegaard's The Attack Upon Christendom attacks?
4. According to Robert Bretall in Chapter 11, what does Kierkegaard see the truth as?
5. What is the title of the conclusion of Concluding Unscientific Postscript?
Essay Topic 1
Examine Kierkegaard's relationship with Regina and discuss what prevented him from continuing his relationship. Discuss why he believed he manipulated her into falling in love with him. Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Kierkegaard is considered the father of existentialism and maintained that the individual is responsible for giving life meaning. Discuss the tenets of existentialism and how it asserts the importance of human individuality.
Essay Topic 3
Kierkegaard frequently wrote under pseudonyms. Discuss why Kierkegaard used pseudonyms to present different points of views and philosophical exposition. Use the text to support your discussion.
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)