Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard meditate on in Fear and Trembling?
2. How many realms does Stages on Life's Way discuss?
3. Outside of what does Fear and Trembling not make sense?
4. What does Kierkegaard think will happen with what his family received?
5. What does Kierkegaard argue is merely foreshadowed in Stages on Life's Way?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard believe about modern Christianity?
2. What does it mean to be a Christian according to Kierkegaard?
3. Who is Regina Olsen?
4. What does Kierkegaard say Christianity offends?
5. What does Kierkegaard aim to do in Chapter 15, Two Discourses at the Communion on Fridays?
6. What words of Christ was Kierkegaard aware of in Chapter 1,The Journals?
7. What must individuality be separated from according to Chapter 8, Concluding Unscientific Postscript?
8. How is truth discovered according to Two Edifying Discourses?
9. What does man contain, according to Kierkegaard?
10. What does Kierkegaard say about truth not being within ourselves in Chapter 6, Philosophical Fragments?
Essay Topic 1
Kierkegaard discusses Christendom and tries to define Christendom. Examine the objectives of God and how they are realized, using the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Kierkegaard's definition of sin and how it is related to despair. Examine why sin is a problem, what the opposite of sin is, and how people may overcome sinfulness. Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Examine Kierkegaard's relationship with Regina and discuss what prevented him from continuing his relationship. Discuss why he believed he manipulated her into falling in love with him. Use the text to support your discussion.
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)