|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard meditate on in Fear and Trembling?
2. How many realms does Stages on Life's Way discuss?
3. Outside of what does Fear and Trembling not make sense?
4. What does Kierkegaard think will happen with what his family received?
5. What does Kierkegaard argue is merely foreshadowed in Stages on Life's Way?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard believe about modern Christianity?
2. What does it mean to be a Christian according to Kierkegaard?
3. Who is Regina Olsen?
4. What does Kierkegaard say Christianity offends?
5. What does Kierkegaard aim to do in Chapter 15, Two Discourses at the Communion on Fridays?
6. What words of Christ was Kierkegaard aware of in Chapter 1,The Journals?
7. What must individuality be separated from according to Chapter 8, Concluding Unscientific Postscript?
8. How is truth discovered according to Two Edifying Discourses?
9. What does man contain, according to Kierkegaard?
10. What does Kierkegaard say about truth not being within ourselves in Chapter 6, Philosophical Fragments?
Essay Topic 1
Kierkegaard frequently wrote under pseudonyms. Discuss why Kierkegaard used pseudonyms to present different points of views and philosophical exposition. Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Kierkegaard refutes the philosophy of Hegel and though he may admire Hegel's intellect, Kierkegaard thought he contradicted himself. Discuss the differences and similarities between Hegel and Kierkegaard. Use the text to support your comparison.
Essay Topic 3
Kierkegaard is considered the father of existentialism and maintained that the individual is responsible for giving life meaning. Discuss the tenets of existentialism and how it asserts the importance of human individuality.
This section contains 1,119 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)