|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kierkegaard call the first piece of Stages on Life's Way?
2. What does Kierkegaard say of the realms discussed in Stages on Life's Way?
3. How many realms does Stages on Life's Way discuss?
4. What happens to Kierkegaard and Regina's relationship?
5. What do The Journals say Kierkegaard feels?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard turn away from in Chapter 1, The Journals?
2. What does Kierkegaard declare of truth?
3. What does the existence of man contradict, according to Kierkegaard?
4. What does Kierkegaard say about truth not being within ourselves in Chapter 6, Philosophical Fragments?
5. How does the prophecy in Chapter 5, Repetition come to pass?
6. What is life according to Kierkegaard?
7. What does Kierkegaard believe cannot be escaped by us?
8. What hazard does Kierkegaard expose in Chapter 9, The Present Age?
9. Why didn't Kierkegaard write anything between 1851 to 1854 according to Chapter 16, The Journals?
10. How is truth discovered according to Two Edifying Discourses?
Essay Topic 1
Kierkegaard frequently wrote under pseudonyms. Discuss why Kierkegaard used pseudonyms to present different points of views and philosophical exposition. Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Kierkegaard discusses Christendom and tries to define Christendom. Examine the objectives of God and how they are realized, using the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Examine Kierkegaard's relationship with Regina and discuss what prevented him from continuing his relationship. Discuss why he believed he manipulated her into falling in love with him. Use the text to support your discussion.
This section contains 1,120 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)