|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard distinguish between in Either/Or?
2. What does Kierkegaard say he cannot do with Regina?
3. What is the name of the first volume of Either/Or?
4. What does Kierkegaard say forms Repetition?
5. What shall not fall to the ground without the will of the Father according to The Journals?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kierkegaard define spirit and self in Chapter 13, The Sickness Unto Death?
2. What do those at the banquet held in Chapter 7, Stages on Life's Way find?
3. If you are a Christian, what are you not doing according to Kierkegaard in Chapter 14, Training in Christianity?
4. What do we always place consciousness in, according to Kierkegaard?
5. What is the terrible revolution which Kierkegaard speaks of in Chapter 1, The Journals?
6. What does Kierkegaard say Christianity offends?
7. What does Constantine receive and what does he want to remain?
8. When was Chapter 12, The Point of View For My Work as an Author published?
9. Who died in 1854 in Chapter 17, The Attack Upon Christendom, and how was this person remembered?
10. What is inverted, according to Kierkegaard?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Kierkegaard focuses on works of love and how these are necessary for the Christian. Examine the Epistle of James and how this Scripture supports Kierkegaard's belief in the works of love and a Christian practical ethic.
Essay Topic 2
Examine how repetition occurred in Kierkegaard's own life, as well as the plot and how repetition has a plot. Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Kierkegaard's view of Socrates and examine similarities between Socrates and Kierkegaard. Use the text to support your discussion.
This section contains 1,170 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)