Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard meditate on in Fear and Trembling?
2. How many realms does Stages on Life's Way discuss?
3. Outside of what does Fear and Trembling not make sense?
4. What does Kierkegaard think will happen with what his family received?
5. What does Kierkegaard argue is merely foreshadowed in Stages on Life's Way?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard believe about modern Christianity?
2. What does it mean to be a Christian according to Kierkegaard?
3. Who is Regina Olsen?
4. What does Kierkegaard say Christianity offends?
5. What does Kierkegaard aim to do in Chapter 15, Two Discourses at the Communion on Fridays?
6. What words of Christ was Kierkegaard aware of in Chapter 1,The Journals?
7. What must individuality be separated from according to Chapter 8, Concluding Unscientific Postscript?
8. How is truth discovered according to Two Edifying Discourses?
9. What does man contain, according to Kierkegaard?
10. What does Kierkegaard say about truth not being within ourselves in Chapter 6, Philosophical Fragments?
Kierkegaard discusses the hazards in newspapers and in media. Discuss why the press is considered the heart of the public, yet appeals to the worst in humanity. Use the text to support your discussion.
Reflect how Kierkegaard rejects and critiques central Protestant teaching and why his beliefs resonate more with the Catholic church and monastic life. Use the text to provide examples in your discussion.
Discuss Kierkegaard's beliefs in the Kierkegaard Anthology and discuss how he influenced theology or psychology. Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)