|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard argue life is?
2. What does Kierkegaard say must stop being the ultimate goal and motivation for life in Stages of Life's Way?
3. What do many intellectuals agree on in the 19th century concerning distinctions?
4. What is Kierkegaard aware of in The Journals?
5. What city does Kierkegaard live in according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who had an enormous influence on German philosophy, and what do many intellectuals agree on?
2. What theme do the letters prefigure?
3. Who is Regina Olsen?
4. How does the prophecy in Chapter 5, Repetition come to pass?
5. What does Kierkegaard turn away from in Chapter 1, The Journals?
6. What does Kierkegaard say about humanity?
7. What words of Christ was Kierkegaard aware of in Chapter 1,The Journals?
8. What does the Knight of Faith do in Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling?
9. What does Kierkegaard say about truth not being within ourselves in Chapter 6, Philosophical Fragments?
10. What must we go beyond according to Kierkegaard?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Kierkegaard frequently wrote under pseudonyms. Discuss why Kierkegaard used pseudonyms to present different points of views and philosophical exposition. Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Practice in Christianity exposes Kierkegaard's belief regarding the religious individual, particularly in imitating Christ to become a Christian, as well as the paradox of the incarnation. Examine Kierkegaard's definition of a Christian, using the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Kierkegaard discusses Christendom and tries to define Christendom. Examine the objectives of God and how they are realized, using the text to support your discussion.
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)