|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Regina Olsen?
2. What does Kierkegaard argue life is?
3. How does Kierkegaard call the first piece of Stages on Life's Way?
4. What name does Kierkegaard use to publish the Two Edifying Discourses?
5. What pseudonym does Kierkegaard use for The Fragments?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard say about humanity?
2. What must the individual Christian see in Chapter 3, Two Edifying Discourses?
3. What three stages does Kierkegaard introduce in Chapter 7, Stages on Life's Way?
4. What is the question raised in Chapter 6, Philosophical Fragments?
5. What does the truth or art require in Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling?
6. What does Kierkegaard believe cannot be escaped by us?
7. What words of Christ was Kierkegaard aware of in Chapter 1,The Journals?
8. What does Constantine receive and what does he want to remain?
9. How does the young hero depicted in Chapter 5, Repetition, resonate with Kierkegaard?
10. What does Kierkegaard feel about the gifts God gives his family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine how Kierkegaard defines the spirit and the self and how man contains both the infinite and the finite. Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Kierkegaard's view of Socrates and examine similarities between Socrates and Kierkegaard. Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Kierkegaard focuses heavily on Abraham and Isaac while discussing the aesthetic life. Examine Kierkegaard's definition of the aesthetic life and compare the three stages of life outlined by Kierkegaard. Use the text to support your discussion.
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)