|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who's letter does Either/Or contain a series of?
2. Who's lecture does Kierkegaard attend?
3. What does the first letter in Either/Or analyze?
4. What is Kierkegaard aware of concerning Fear and Trembling?
5. What is Kierkegaard undergoing after his conversion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What passage from the Bible does Kierkegaard focus on in Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling?
2. What do we always place consciousness in, according to Kierkegaard?
3. What did Kierkegaard distinguish between in Chapter 2, Either/Or, A Fragment of Life?
4. What theme do the letters prefigure?
5. What is life according to Kierkegaard?
6. How is truth discovered according to Two Edifying Discourses?
7. What banquet is referred to in Chapter 7, Stages on Life's Way?
8. What must we go beyond according to Kierkegaard?
9. What do those at the banquet held in Chapter 7, Stages on Life's Way find?
10. What three stages does Kierkegaard introduce in Chapter 7, Stages on Life's Way?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine how repetition occurred in Kierkegaard's own life, as well as the plot and how repetition has a plot. Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Kierkegaard focuses heavily on Abraham and Isaac while discussing the aesthetic life. Examine Kierkegaard's definition of the aesthetic life and compare the three stages of life outlined by Kierkegaard. Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Examine Kierkegaard's relationship with Regina and discuss what prevented him from continuing his relationship. Discuss why he believed he manipulated her into falling in love with him. Use the text to support your discussion.
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)