Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard meditate on in Fear and Trembling?
2. How many realms does Stages on Life's Way discuss?
3. Outside of what does Fear and Trembling not make sense?
4. What does Kierkegaard think will happen with what his family received?
5. What does Kierkegaard argue is merely foreshadowed in Stages on Life's Way?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard believe about modern Christianity?
2. What does it mean to be a Christian according to Kierkegaard?
3. Who is Regina Olsen?
4. What does Kierkegaard say Christianity offends?
5. What does Kierkegaard aim to do in Chapter 15, Two Discourses at the Communion on Fridays?
6. What words of Christ was Kierkegaard aware of in Chapter 1,The Journals?
7. What must individuality be separated from according to Chapter 8, Concluding Unscientific Postscript?
8. How is truth discovered according to Two Edifying Discourses?
9. What does man contain, according to Kierkegaard?
10. What does Kierkegaard say about truth not being within ourselves in Chapter 6, Philosophical Fragments?
Essay Topic 1
Examine how repetition occurred in Kierkegaard's own life, as well as the plot and how repetition has a plot. Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the definition of truth in relation to faith, truth being "an objective uncertainty held fast" and that "without risk, there is no faith." Use the text to discuss the interplay of truth and faith in the Kierkegaard Anthology.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Kierkegaard's definition of sin and how it is related to despair. Examine why sin is a problem, what the opposite of sin is, and how people may overcome sinfulness. Use the text to support your discussion.
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)