|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city does Kierkegaard live in according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 5?
2. Of what book is a large portion reproduced in Either/Or?
3. What does Repetition have that lacks in many of Kierkegaard's works?
4. What prevents the hero in Repetition from finding what he wants?
5. What does the first piece of Stages on Life's Way cover?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Kierkegaard have a radical hatred for?
2. What does Constantine receive and what does he want to remain?
3. Who had an enormous influence on German philosophy, and what do many intellectuals agree on?
4. What does the Knight of Faith do in Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling?
5. Who is Regina Olsen?
6. What do those at the banquet held in Chapter 7, Stages on Life's Way find?
7. What is the question raised in Chapter 6, Philosophical Fragments?
8. What does the truth or art require in Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling?
9. What is the terrible revolution which Kierkegaard speaks of in Chapter 1, The Journals?
10. What must the individual Christian see in Chapter 3, Two Edifying Discourses?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Kierkegaard discusses the hazards in newspapers and in media. Discuss why the press is considered the heart of the public, yet appeals to the worst in humanity. Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Kierkegaard's beliefs in the Kierkegaard Anthology and discuss how he influenced theology or psychology. Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Kierkegaard's view of Socrates and examine similarities between Socrates and Kierkegaard. Use the text to support your discussion.
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)