|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kierkegaard running out of while writing The Journals?
(a) Support in the church.
2. How does Kierkegaard see the move towards equality as being?
(a) A mistake.
(b) As progress.
(c) As regression.
(d) An illusion.
3. What is the central concept of Training in Christianity?
(a) Being "contemporaneous with Christ."
(b) Follow the church dogma to the letter.
(c) How to mimic the apostles.
(d) Love Christ without question.
4. What does Kierkegaard argue people think about Christ teachings?
(a) They love them.
(b) They are suspicious of them.
(c) They are offended by them.
(d) They do not respect them.
5. Who did Kierkegaard receive communion from on his death bed?
(a) A priest.
(b) A layman.
(d) A bishop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard think Bishop Mynster did not witness?
2. What does Kierkegaard argue Christendom is ruled by?
3. Who wrote the preface of Two Discourses?
4. What does Kierkegaard's work focus on?
5. What does Works of Love focus on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard say about the individual?
2. What does Kierkegaard express his hatred of in Chapter 15, The Journals?
3. What does Kierkegaard outline about the human heart in Chapter 10, Edifying Discourses?
4. What does Kierkegaard believe about Hegel's world of reason in Chapter 8, Concluding Unscientific Postscript?
5. Who died in 1854 in Chapter 17, The Attack Upon Christendom, and how was this person remembered?
6. What must individuality be separated from according to Chapter 8, Concluding Unscientific Postscript?
7. What does Kierkegaard critique in Chapter 11, Works of Love?
8. What does Kierkegaard claim happens when we relate to our true selves?
9. Why is Kierkegaard biased about the press?
10. What does Kierkegaard see truth as?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)