|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard think of Bishop Mynster's sermons?
(a) They are disconnected from reality.
(b) They are too long.
(c) They are outrageous.
(d) They are good.
2. What does Kierkegaard resonate with concerning spirituality?
(a) Papal teachings.
(b) Catholic monastic life.
(c) Hegel's views.
(d) Denmark State Church.
3. What does Kierkegaard's work focus on?
(a) What it means to be a Christian in a Christian society.
(b) How to love Christ.
(c) How to sever our link to the organized church.
(d) How to be a better person.
4. What does Robert Bretall in Chapter 11 say about the views of Kierkegaard on Christianity the year before he dies?
(a) He will think that Christianity is stronger than ever.
(b) He will reject Christ.
(c) He will be disillusioned.
(d) He will convert to Catholicism.
5. What does Kierkegaard argue Christendom is ruled by?
(b) The pope.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard argue is both a trap and an illusion?
2. What does Kierkegaard say of the practice of taking sacraments?
3. What does Kierkegaard believe the problem with modern Christianity is?
4. What does Hegel think truth is according to Chapter 8?
5. According to Robert Bretall in Chapter 11, what does Kierkegaard see the truth as?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 15, Two Discourses at the Communion of Fridays, what does Kierkegaard realize about himself?
2. What does Kierkegaard aim to do in Chapter 15, Two Discourses at the Communion on Fridays?
3. What must individuality be separated from according to Chapter 8, Concluding Unscientific Postscript?
4. How does Kierkegaard define spirit and self in Chapter 13, The Sickness Unto Death?
5. Who died in 1854 in Chapter 17, The Attack Upon Christendom, and how was this person remembered?
6. When was Chapter 12, The Point of View For My Work as an Author published?
7. What does Kierkegaard see truth as?
8. Why didn't Kierkegaard write anything between 1851 to 1854 according to Chapter 16, The Journals?
9. What does Kierkegaard seek about the church at the end of The Attack Upon Christendom?
10. What does Kierkegaard say about the individual?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)