|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of the conclusion of Concluding Unscientific Postscript?
(a) How to become a Protestant.
(b) Seducer's Diary.
(c) How to become a Christian.
(d) The Journals.
2. What does Kierkegaard argue men are in the modern age?
3. What does Robert Bretall in Chapter 13 argue The Sickness Unto Death tries to understand?
(b) The love of Christ.
(c) The role of the church in the state.
(d) The corruption within each man.
4. Who does Kierkegaard argue rules in the modern age?
(a) The public.
5. What does Chapter 8 say about Hegel and his followers?
(a) They refuse to debate.
(b) They do not compromise.
(c) They are savages in every way.
(d) They are good men.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Kierkegaard argue that action is only comprehensible?
2. What does Kierkegaard argue Christendom is ruled by?
3. What are Kierkegaard's political views?
4. What does Kierkegaard argue would negate him?
5. What is the central concept of Training in Christianity?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard say about the individual?
2. What must individuality be separated from according to Chapter 8, Concluding Unscientific Postscript?
3. What did Kierkegaard criticize about the sacraments?
4. What hazard does Kierkegaard expose in Chapter 9, The Present Age?
5. What does Kierkegaard aim to do in Chapter 15, Two Discourses at the Communion on Fridays?
6. What does man contain, according to Kierkegaard?
7. Who died in 1854 in Chapter 17, The Attack Upon Christendom, and how was this person remembered?
8. Why is Kierkegaard biased about the press?
9. How does Kierkegaard divide history in Chapter 9, The Present Age?
10. What does Kierkegaard declare of truth?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)