|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kierkegaard define truth in Concluding Unscientific Postscript?
2. What does Kierkegaard argue must be separated from society and reason?
3. What is The Journals the forbearer of?
(a) The Attack Upon Christendom.
(b) His conversion to Christianity.
(c) His rebuttal of Hegel's views.
(d) His faith crisis.
4. What does Robert Bretall in Chapter 17 argue Kierkegaard's The Attack Upon Christendom attacks?
(a) The whole of Christianity.
(b) Bishop Mynster.
(c) Kierkegaard's past view on Christianity.
(d) Danish State Church.
5. What does The Sickness Unto Death define?
(a) Love and hatred.
(b) The self.
(d) The spirit and the self.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard argue man is not?
2. What does Kierkegaard argue antiquity was ruled by?
3. What novel does Robert Bretall in Chapter 9 say Kierkegaard reviewed after the publication of Concluding Unscientific Postscript?
4. What does Kierkegaard resonate with concerning spirituality?
5. What does Kierkegaard think The Sickness Unto Death contains too much of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What hazard does Kierkegaard expose in Chapter 9, The Present Age?
2. Who died in 1854 in Chapter 17, The Attack Upon Christendom, and how was this person remembered?
3. What does Kierkegaard outline about the human heart in Chapter 10, Edifying Discourses?
4. Why is Kierkegaard biased about the press?
5. If you are a Christian, what are you not doing according to Kierkegaard in Chapter 14, Training in Christianity?
6. What does man contain, according to Kierkegaard?
7. What, according to Kierkegaard, can generate true knowledge of the validity of Christianity?
8. What does Kierkegaard seek about the church at the end of The Attack Upon Christendom?
9. What does Kierkegaard aim to do in Chapter 15, Two Discourses at the Communion on Fridays?
10. What does Kierkegaard find outrageous and upsetting?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)