|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert Bretall in Chapter 11 say Kierkegaard rejects and critiques?
(a) Many central Protestant ideas.
(b) Organized churches.
2. What does Kierkegaard think The Sickness Unto Death contains too much of?
(a) References to Christ.
(c) Long sentence.
(d) Discussion to effectively use rhetoric.
3. Why does Kierkegaard argue people convert for?
(a) Peer pressure.
(b) The benefits of belief.
(c) To commune with Christ.
4. What novel does Robert Bretall in Chapter 9 say Kierkegaard reviewed after the publication of Concluding Unscientific Postscript?
(a) The two ages.
(b) How to get faith.
(c) Ages and faith.
(d) The two towers.
5. What does Kierkegaard resonate with concerning spirituality?
(a) Catholic monastic life.
(b) Papal teachings.
(c) Denmark State Church.
(d) Hegel's views.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does The Sickness Unto Death argue the person is?
2. What does Robert Bretall in Chapter 10 say Kierkegaard's work written under his own name aims at?
3. What does Kierkegaard argue a Christian needs to be?
4. What does Kierkegaard think Bishop Mynster did not witness?
5. What is the central concept of Training in Christianity?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)