|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did reason-based and systematized thinking dominate European philosophy?
(a) 256 years.
(b) 325 years.
(c) 150 years.
(d) 200 years.
2. Who wrote the preface of Two Discourses?
(a) Regina Olsen.
(b) Bishop Hollaf.
(c) Kierkegaard himself.
3. Who is still famous for maintaining the doctrine of Justification by Faith against the Catholic view of merit and indulgence?
(a) The head of the Denmark State Church.
(b) Martin Luther.
(c) The Anglican Church.
(d) The Pope.
4. What does Kierkegaard argue the present is ruled by?
5. What does Kierkegaard argue Hegel's vision of the world of reason does to the idea of possibility?
(a) It follows it.
(b) It precedes it.
(c) It completes it.
(d) It annihilates it.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Kierkegaard argue that action is only comprehensible?
2. What does Kierkegaard argue Christendom is ruled by?
3. What does Kierkegaard argue a Christian needs to be?
4. What does Robert Bretall in Chapter 11 say about the views of Kierkegaard on Christianity the year before he dies?
5. What does The Sickness Unto Death argue is contained within man?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)