|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Kierkegaard's political views?
(d) He is apolitical.
2. Who did Kierkegaard receive communion from on his death bed?
(b) A layman.
(c) A priest.
(d) A bishop.
3. Who does Bishop Mynster's eulogy compare him to?
(b) The apostles.
4. What novel does Robert Bretall in Chapter 9 say Kierkegaard reviewed after the publication of Concluding Unscientific Postscript?
(a) The two towers.
(b) Ages and faith.
(c) The two ages.
(d) How to get faith.
5. Who is the criticism of Kierkegaard targeted at?
(a) Bishop Mynster.
(c) The Denmark State Church.
(d) The whole Christian world.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard say the Danish State Church is?
2. What does Kierkegaard say being a Christian requires?
3. What is the title of the conclusion of Concluding Unscientific Postscript?
4. Who does Kierkegaard argue rules in the modern age?
5. What does Kierkegaard believe the problem with modern Christianity is?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't Kierkegaard write anything between 1851 to 1854 according to Chapter 16, The Journals?
2. What does Kierkegaard declare of truth?
3. What does Kierkegaard critique in Chapter 11, Works of Love?
4. What does Kierkegaard outline about the human heart in Chapter 10, Edifying Discourses?
5. What does it mean to be a Christian according to Kierkegaard?
6. What, according to Kierkegaard, can generate true knowledge of the validity of Christianity?
7. What does Kierkegaard express his hatred of in Chapter 15, The Journals?
8. What hazard does Kierkegaard expose in Chapter 9, The Present Age?
9. What does the existence of man contradict, according to Kierkegaard?
10. What does Kierkegaard claim happens when we relate to our true selves?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)