|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kierkegaard characterize Hegel's thinking?
2. Where does Kierkegaard argue truth is found?
(a) In the relationship between the subject and his object.
(b) Inside oneself.
(c) In Hegel's writings.
(d) In Christ.
3. What does Kierkegaard argue is required to be Christ's contemporary?
(a) Be a good Christian.
(b) Believe in the resurrection of Christ.
(c) The change to offend others.
(d) Live in the first century.
4. What does Kierkegaard believe the problem with modern Christianity is?
(a) It relies on dogma too much.
(b) It is not in touch with reality.
(c) It is unforgiving.
(d) It removes the possibility of offense despite how offensive it is.
5. What does Kierkegaard resonate with concerning spirituality?
(a) Papal teachings.
(b) Catholic monastic life.
(c) Denmark State Church.
(d) Hegel's views.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bishop Mynster's eulogy compare him to?
2. What does Kierkegaard argue would negate him?
3. What does Kierkegaard argue people think about Christ teachings?
4. What does Robert Bretall in Chapter 11 say Kierkegaard rejects and critiques?
5. What does Kierkegaard argue a Christian needs to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard seek about the church at the end of The Attack Upon Christendom?
2. What did Kierkegaard criticize about the sacraments?
3. What, according to Kierkegaard, can generate true knowledge of the validity of Christianity?
4. When was Chapter 12, The Point of View For My Work as an Author published?
5. Why didn't Kierkegaard write anything between 1851 to 1854 according to Chapter 16, The Journals?
6. What does Kierkegaard say Christianity offends?
7. What does Kierkegaard critique in Chapter 11, Works of Love?
8. What does Kierkegaard outline about the human heart in Chapter 10, Edifying Discourses?
9. What does Kierkegaard believe about Hegel's world of reason in Chapter 8, Concluding Unscientific Postscript?
10. Why is Kierkegaard biased about the press?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)