|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shall not fall to the ground without the will of the Father according to The Journals?
(a) An elephant.
(b) A sparrow.
(c) A man.
(d) A mouse.
2. What city does Kierkegaard live in according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 5?
3. What do The Journals say Kierkegaard feels?
(d) In love.
4. What does the hero of Repetition have trouble finding?
(b) A true union with the woman he loves.
(c) A good church.
5. When were the last of Kierkegaard aesthetic writings published according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who's lecture does Kierkegaard attend?
2. What is Kierkegaard undergoing after his conversion?
3. When does Kierkegaard write Repetition?
4. Who's ideas does Kierkegaard oppose in Either/Or?
5. What does the pseudonymous author of The Fragments resist?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Kierkegaard have a radical hatred for?
2. How does the young hero depicted in Chapter 5, Repetition, resonate with Kierkegaard?
3. Where does Kierkegaard find himself, and what is he doing in Chapter 1, The Journals?
4. What three stages does Kierkegaard introduce in Chapter 7, Stages on Life's Way?
5. What does Kierkegaard say about humanity?
6. What do we always place consciousness in, according to Kierkegaard?
7. What does Kierkegaard feel about the gifts God gives his family?
8. What does Kierkegaard turn away from in Chapter 1, The Journals?
9. Who is Regina Olsen?
10. What does the Knight of Faith do in Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)