|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Regina Olsen?
(a) Kierkegaard's editor.
(b) Kierkegaard's sister.
(c) Kierkegaard's agent.
(d) Kierkegaard's fiancee.
2. What does Kierkegaard argue the human is in?
(b) The palm of god.
3. What does Kierkegaard argue major choices in life are choices of?
4. What do many intellectuals agree on in the 19th century concerning distinctions?
(a) Distinctions are not distinctive.
(b) Distinctions are illusory.
(c) Distinctions are overrated.
(d) Distinctions separate man from beast.
5. What pseudonym does Kierkegaard use for The Fragments?
(a) Salus Salenicus.
(b) Johannes Climacus.
(c) Romanos Anasicus.
(d) Stuartus Sagitarus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What cities does Kierkegaard write Either/Or in?
2. What does Kierkegaard argue the truth is outside of?
3. What does Kierkegaard think will happen with what his family received?
4. What happens to Kierkegaard and Regina's relationship?
5. How does Kierkegaard call the first piece of Stages on Life's Way?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Knight of Faith do in Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling?
2. What words of Christ was Kierkegaard aware of in Chapter 1,The Journals?
3. What does Kierkegaard say about truth not being within ourselves in Chapter 6, Philosophical Fragments?
4. What does the truth or art require in Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling?
5. Who had an enormous influence on German philosophy, and what do many intellectuals agree on?
6. What must we go beyond according to Kierkegaard?
7. What do we always place consciousness in, according to Kierkegaard?
8. What banquet is referred to in Chapter 7, Stages on Life's Way?
9. What does Kierkegaard feel about the gifts God gives his family?
10. Who is Regina Olsen?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)