|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What pseudonym does Kierkegaard use to write the second piece of Stages on Life's Way?
(a) Julius Manuterus.
(b) Frater Tactiturnus.
(c) Frater Turburus.
(d) Moter Tactimus.
2. What does Kierkegaard argue is merely foreshadowed in Stages on Life's Way?
3. What does Kierkegaard call faith?
(a) The reason for being.
(b) The way to love Christ.
(c) The organ of understanding.
(d) The best thing man has.
4. What does Kierkegaard give up on according to Robert Bretall Chapter 5?
(b) Marrying Regina.
(d) Going to Church.
5. What does Chapter 1 say Kierkegaard is conflicted between?
(a) Wonder and despair.
(b) Wonder and hate.
(c) Love and hate.
(d) Love and despair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Kierkegaard and Regina's relationship?
2. What does Kierkegaard say must stop being the ultimate goal and motivation for life in Stages of Life's Way?
3. What does Kierkegaard say truth is constituted of?
4. What does Kierkegaard think will happen with what his family received?
5. What topic does Either/Or end with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do those at the banquet held in Chapter 7, Stages on Life's Way find?
2. Who is Regina Olsen?
3. What is inverted, according to Kierkegaard?
4. What do we always place consciousness in, according to Kierkegaard?
5. What does Kierkegaard believe cannot be escaped by us?
6. How is truth discovered according to Two Edifying Discourses?
7. What does Kierkegaard feel about the gifts God gives his family?
8. What does Kierkegaard turn away from in Chapter 1, The Journals?
9. What is the question raised in Chapter 6, Philosophical Fragments?
10. What banquet is referred to in Chapter 7, Stages on Life's Way?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)