|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard's pseudonymous writing tell part of?
(a) Socrates' views.
(b) Regina's views.
(c) Hegel's views.
(d) His thoughts on aspects of his philosophy.
2. Outside of what does Fear and Trembling not make sense?
(a) The Protestant faith.
(b) An asylum.
(d) Kierkegaard's life.
3. What shall not fall to the ground without the will of the Father according to The Journals?
(a) An elephant.
(b) A man.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A sparrow.
4. What prevents the hero in Repetition from finding what he wants?
(a) His family.
(b) His depression and introspection.
(d) His love of God.
5. What name does Kierkegaard use to publish the Two Edifying Discourses?
(a) His own.
(b) Natus Metalus.
(c) Lorentium Sisium.
(d) Marcus Angelicus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the first volume of Either/Or?
2. What topic does Either/Or end with?
3. What does Kierkegaard argue we always place our consciousness in?
4. What is Kierkegaard aware of in The Journals?
5. What pseudonym does Kierkegaard use to write the second piece of Stages on Life's Way?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Kierkegaard have a radical hatred for?
2. What does Kierkegaard feel about the gifts God gives his family?
3. What must we go beyond according to Kierkegaard?
4. What must the individual Christian see in Chapter 3, Two Edifying Discourses?
5. How is truth discovered according to Two Edifying Discourses?
6. What theme do the letters prefigure?
7. What does Constantine receive and what does he want to remain?
8. What three stages does Kierkegaard introduce in Chapter 7, Stages on Life's Way?
9. What does the Knight of Faith do in Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling?
10. What banquet is referred to in Chapter 7, Stages on Life's Way?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)