|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kierkegaard stunned by in The Journals?
(a) His own nothingness.
(b) The feelings of Chris.
(c) The power of God.
(d) His own feeling.
2. What does the human hide from with all his energy according to Kierkegaard?
(a) His desires.
3. What does Repetition have that lacks in many of Kierkegaard's works?
(c) A third person point of view.
(d) A plot.
4. What does Kierkegaard call faith?
(a) The organ of understanding.
(b) The reason for being.
(c) The best thing man has.
(d) The way to love Christ.
5. How long does it take Kierkegaard to write Fear and Trembling?
(a) 5 months.
(b) 2 years.
(c) Less than 60 days.
(d) 35 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard believe lies at the center of Christianity?
2. What shall not fall to the ground without the will of the Father according to The Journals?
3. Where in Either/Or are the edifying discourses published?
4. What does Kierkegaard think Fear and Trembling will do to the reader?
5. What does Kierkegaard fight against according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do those at the banquet held in Chapter 7, Stages on Life's Way find?
2. What is inverted, according to Kierkegaard?
3. What does Kierkegaard believe about truth in Two Edifying Discourses?
4. Who is Regina Olsen?
5. What is the question raised in Chapter 6, Philosophical Fragments?
6. What must the individual Christian see in Chapter 3, Two Edifying Discourses?
7. What did Kierkegaard distinguish between in Chapter 2, Either/Or, A Fragment of Life?
8. What does Kierkegaard believe cannot be escaped by us?
9. What three stages does Kierkegaard introduce in Chapter 7, Stages on Life's Way?
10. What does Kierkegaard turn away from in Chapter 1, The Journals?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)