|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city does Kierkegaard live in according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 5?
2. What do many intellectuals agree on in the 19th century concerning distinctions?
(a) Distinctions separate man from beast.
(b) Distinctions are not distinctive.
(c) Distinctions are illusory.
(d) Distinctions are overrated.
3. What does Kierkegaard think Fear and Trembling represents?
(a) Regina's past.
(b) His childhood.
(c) The word of Christ.
(d) His entire life.
4. What does Kierkegaard argue life is?
(a) A series of moments.
(b) A series of stark choices.
(c) The time between our birth and our death.
(d) The time between our acceptance of the love of Christ and our death.
5. What are the Two Edifying Discourse written for?
(a) Seduce Regina.
(b) Make money.
(c) To strengthen the faith of the individual.
(d) Contradict Hegel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shall not fall to the ground without the will of the Father according to The Journals?
2. What name does Kierkegaard use to publish the Two Edifying Discourses?
3. Where does the idea of Repetition derive from?
4. What does Kierkegaard ask but does not give answers to in the Fragments?
5. What does Kierkegaard say must stop being the ultimate goal and motivation for life in Stages of Life's Way?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the terrible revolution which Kierkegaard speaks of in Chapter 1, The Journals?
2. What does Kierkegaard declare of truth?
3. What excruciating combination does the young hero in Chapter 5, Repetition endure?
4. What does it mean to be a Christian according to Kierkegaard?
5. What does Kierkegaard claim happens when we relate to our true selves?
6. Who is Regina Olsen?
7. What does Kierkegaard express his hatred of in Chapter 15, The Journals?
8. How does Kierkegaard define spirit and self in Chapter 13, The Sickness Unto Death?
9. Why didn't Kierkegaard write anything between 1851 to 1854 according to Chapter 16, The Journals?
10. What does Kierkegaard believe about truth in Two Edifying Discourses?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)