|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the meditation in Fear and Trembling illustrate?
(a) Kierkegaard's regrets.
(b) Kierkegaard's love for Regina.
(c) Kierkegaard's happiness.
(d) Kierkegaard's love for mistery.
2. What does the human hide from with all his energy according to Kierkegaard?
(c) His desires.
3. What does Kierkegaard think Fear and Trembling will do to the reader?
(a) Terrify him.
(b) Make him think.
(c) Make him convert.
(d) Amuse him.
4. What pseudonym does Kierkegaard use to publish Either/Or?
(a) Emile Proust.
(b) Sophie Marcus.
(c) Marcus Temporarus.
(d) Victor Eremita.
5. What does Kierkegaard argue the human is in?
(b) The palm of god.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Regina Olsen?
2. What is Kierkegaard stunned by in The Journals?
3. What is the author arguing is more important than the content of Either/Or?
4. What country's philosophy does the philosopher who Kierkegaard opposes in Either/Or most influence?
5. What does Kierkegaard argue men always appear to be biased by?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Knight of Faith do in Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling?
2. What passage from the Bible does Kierkegaard focus on in Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling?
3. What does Kierkegaard say about humanity?
4. Where does Kierkegaard find himself, and what is he doing in Chapter 1, The Journals?
5. What does Kierkegaard feel about the gifts God gives his family?
6. What does Constantine receive and what does he want to remain?
7. What does Kierkegaard publish at the beginning of Chapter 2, Either/Or, A Fragment of Life and why does it represent him well?
8. What three stages does Kierkegaard introduce in Chapter 7, Stages on Life's Way?
9. What banquet is referred to in Chapter 7, Stages on Life's Way?
10. What does Kierkegaard believe cannot be escaped by us?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)