Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard meditate on in Fear and Trembling?
(a) A sparrow.
(b) The incarnation.
(c) The resurrection.
(d) Abraham's call to kill his son Isaac.
2. How many realms does Stages on Life's Way discuss?
(a) 5 realms.
(b) 3 realms.
(c) 2 realms.
(d) 4 realms.
3. Outside of what does Fear and Trembling not make sense?
(a) An asylum.
(c) Kierkegaard's life.
(d) The Protestant faith.
4. What does Kierkegaard think will happen with what his family received?
(a) It will disappear.
(b) It is something of the past.
(c) It will come from time to time.
(d) It will continue.
5. What does Kierkegaard argue is merely foreshadowed in Stages on Life's Way?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kierkegaard's pseudonym in Repetition?
2. Who's lecture does Kierkegaard attend?
3. What country's philosophy does the philosopher who Kierkegaard opposes in Either/Or most influence?
4. What does Kierkegaard argue major choices in life are not choices of?
5. How long does it take Kierkegaard to write Fear and Trembling?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard believe about modern Christianity?
2. What does it mean to be a Christian according to Kierkegaard?
3. Who is Regina Olsen?
4. What does Kierkegaard say Christianity offends?
5. What does Kierkegaard aim to do in Chapter 15, Two Discourses at the Communion on Fridays?
6. What words of Christ was Kierkegaard aware of in Chapter 1,The Journals?
7. What must individuality be separated from according to Chapter 8, Concluding Unscientific Postscript?
8. How is truth discovered according to Two Edifying Discourses?
9. What does man contain, according to Kierkegaard?
10. What does Kierkegaard say about truth not being within ourselves in Chapter 6, Philosophical Fragments?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)