|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard argue life is?
(a) The time between our acceptance of the love of Christ and our death.
(b) The time between our birth and our death.
(c) A series of moments.
(d) A series of stark choices.
2. When does Kierkegaard write Repetition?
3. What does humanity need according to Kierkegaard?
(a) A teacher.
(c) The church.
(d) A love.
4. Who is Regina Olsen?
(a) Kierkegaard's agent.
(b) Kierkegaard's sister.
(c) Kierkegaard's editor.
(d) Kierkegaard's fiancee.
5. What does Repetition have that lacks in many of Kierkegaard's works?
(b) A third person point of view.
(d) A plot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard feel about the prevalent ideas about the universe and distinction?
2. Outside of what does Fear and Trembling not make sense?
3. What does the first piece of Stages on Life's Way cover?
4. Where in Either/Or are the edifying discourses published?
5. What does Kierkegaard think Fear and Trembling represents?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Constantine receive and what does he want to remain?
2. What three stages does Kierkegaard introduce in Chapter 7, Stages on Life's Way?
3. What does Kierkegaard say about humanity?
4. Who had an enormous influence on German philosophy, and what do many intellectuals agree on?
5. What does Kierkegaard believe cannot be escaped by us?
6. What does the Knight of Faith do in Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling?
7. What do those at the banquet held in Chapter 7, Stages on Life's Way find?
8. What is the terrible revolution which Kierkegaard speaks of in Chapter 1, The Journals?
9. What must we go beyond according to Kierkegaard?
10. How does the prophecy in Chapter 5, Repetition come to pass?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)