|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What topic does Either/Or end with?
2. What does the meditation in Fear and Trembling illustrate?
(a) Kierkegaard's love for Regina.
(b) Kierkegaard's love for mistery.
(c) Kierkegaard's happiness.
(d) Kierkegaard's regrets.
3. Who's letter does Either/Or contain a series of?
(a) Judge William's.
4. What does the first piece of Stages on Life's Way cover?
(a) The role of Bishops.
(b) Trust in the state Church.
(c) Love and aesthetic.
(d) Love in Christ.
5. What does Kierkegaard call faith?
(a) The reason for being.
(b) The way to love Christ.
(c) The organ of understanding.
(d) The best thing man has.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard argue the human is in?
2. What pseudonym does Kierkegaard use to publish Either/Or?
3. What does Kierkegaard say of the truth that teaches and builds up the human person in Two Edifying Discourses?
4. What does Repetition have that lacks in many of Kierkegaard's works?
5. What does the hero of Repetition have trouble finding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What words of Christ was Kierkegaard aware of in Chapter 1,The Journals?
2. What does Kierkegaard turn away from in Chapter 1, The Journals?
3. What did Kierkegaard distinguish between in Chapter 2, Either/Or, A Fragment of Life?
4. How does the prophecy in Chapter 5, Repetition come to pass?
5. What three stages does Kierkegaard introduce in Chapter 7, Stages on Life's Way?
6. Who is Regina Olsen?
7. What passage from the Bible does Kierkegaard focus on in Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling?
8. What does Kierkegaard publish at the beginning of Chapter 2, Either/Or, A Fragment of Life and why does it represent him well?
9. What does Kierkegaard say about humanity?
10. What does Constantine receive and what does he want to remain?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)