|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert Bretall say Kierkegaard is in the Two Edifying Discourses?
(a) A theopolian.
(b) A liar.
(c) A poet.
(d) A fiction writer.
2. What does Kierkegaard do before leaving for Berlin at the star of Either/Or?
(a) Writes a book.
(b) Goes to church.
(c) Breaks off his engagement with Regina Olsen.
(d) Buries his dog, Maximus.
3. How does Kierkegaard characterize his interpretation of the facts after his conversion?
4. What pseudonym does Kierkegaard use to write the second piece of Stages on Life's Way?
(a) Julius Manuterus.
(b) Frater Turburus.
(c) Moter Tactimus.
(d) Frater Tactiturnus.
5. What is the name of the first volume of Either/Or?
(a) The Square Method.
(b) The Rotation Method.
(c) The Seducer's Diary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What cities does Kierkegaard write Either/Or in?
2. What does Kierkegaard argue major choices in life are not choices of?
3. What does Kierkegaard argue the human is in?
4. How long does it take Kierkegaard to write Fear and Trembling?
5. What is Kierkegaard aware of concerning Fear and Trembling?
Short Essay Questions
1. What passage from the Bible does Kierkegaard focus on in Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling?
2. How does the young hero depicted in Chapter 5, Repetition, resonate with Kierkegaard?
3. What does Kierkegaard publish at the beginning of Chapter 2, Either/Or, A Fragment of Life and why does it represent him well?
4. How is truth discovered according to Two Edifying Discourses?
5. What three stages does Kierkegaard introduce in Chapter 7, Stages on Life's Way?
6. What must we go beyond according to Kierkegaard?
7. What does Kierkegaard turn away from in Chapter 1, The Journals?
8. What is the question raised in Chapter 6, Philosophical Fragments?
9. What does the truth or art require in Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling?
10. What does Kierkegaard believe about truth in Two Edifying Discourses?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)