|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Kierkegaard write about truth in Either/Or?
(a) Toward the end.
(b) Toward the middle.
(c) In Chapter 2.
(d) In the first chapter.
2. What is Kierkegaard aware of in The Journals?
(a) His errors.
(b) His self interest.
(c) His nothingness.
(d) His longing for Regina.
3. What does Kierkegaard argue is merely foreshadowed in Stages on Life's Way?
4. What does the first letter in Either/Or analyze?
(a) God's influence on mankind.
(c) Romantic love.
5. Of what book is a large portion reproduced in Either/Or?
(a) The Seducer's Diary.
(b) Romantic Love.
(c) How to be a Christian.
(d) How to love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard's pseudonymous writing tell part of?
2. Which of the Two Edifying Discourses does Kierkegaard prefer?
3. What does humanity need according to Kierkegaard?
4. What does Kierkegaard argue major choices in life are choices of?
5. What does Repetition have that lacks in many of Kierkegaard's works?
Short Essay Questions
1. What excruciating combination does the young hero in Chapter 5, Repetition endure?
2. Who had an enormous influence on German philosophy, and what do many intellectuals agree on?
3. What must the individual Christian see in Chapter 3, Two Edifying Discourses?
4. How is truth discovered according to Two Edifying Discourses?
5. What does the truth or art require in Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling?
6. How does the prophecy in Chapter 5, Repetition come to pass?
7. What is the terrible revolution which Kierkegaard speaks of in Chapter 1, The Journals?
8. What does Kierkegaard say about truth not being within ourselves in Chapter 6, Philosophical Fragments?
9. What did Kierkegaard have a radical hatred for?
10. What words of Christ was Kierkegaard aware of in Chapter 1,The Journals?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)