|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city does Kierkegaard live in according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 5?
2. What does Kierkegaard attempt to do according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 5?
(a) Marry Regina.
(b) Act as honestly as possible.
(c) Attend church.
(d) Love himself.
3. What are the Two Edifying Discourse written for?
(a) To strengthen the faith of the individual.
(b) Seduce Regina.
(c) Contradict Hegel.
(d) Make money.
4. What book sets the stage for Kierkegaard's mature work?
(a) The Journals.
(b) Seducer's Diary.
(c) The Fragments.
(d) How to be a Christian.
5. What is Kierkegaard aware of concerning Fear and Trembling?
(a) It will be translated into many languages.
(b) It is not that good.
(c) Everyone will hate it.
(d) The Denmark Church will be offended.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kierkegaard call the first piece of Stages on Life's Way?
2. What does Kierkegaard call faith?
3. What does the pseudonymous author of The Fragments resist?
4. Who's lecture does Kierkegaard attend?
5. What topic does Either/Or end with?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the prophecy in Chapter 5, Repetition come to pass?
2. What does the truth or art require in Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling?
3. What do those at the banquet held in Chapter 7, Stages on Life's Way find?
4. What did Kierkegaard distinguish between in Chapter 2, Either/Or, A Fragment of Life?
5. How does the young hero depicted in Chapter 5, Repetition, resonate with Kierkegaard?
6. What does Constantine receive and what does he want to remain?
7. What is inverted, according to Kierkegaard?
8. What must the individual Christian see in Chapter 3, Two Edifying Discourses?
9. What does Kierkegaard say about humanity?
10. What is life according to Kierkegaard?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)