|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Kierkegaard at the age of his conversion?
(a) 26 years old.
(b) 25 years old.
(c) 35 years old.
(d) 14 years old.
2. What does the pseudonymous author of The Fragments resist?
(b) Discovering himself.
(c) Going to church.
(d) Discipleship of Jesus.
3. What does Kierkegaard call faith?
(a) The way to love Christ.
(b) The organ of understanding.
(c) The best thing man has.
(d) The reason for being.
4. What does Chapter 1 say Kierkegaard is conflicted between?
(a) Love and hate.
(b) Love and despair.
(c) Wonder and hate.
(d) Wonder and despair.
5. What is Kierkegaard aware of in The Journals?
(a) His longing for Regina.
(b) His errors.
(c) His nothingness.
(d) His self interest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the first piece of Stages on Life's Way cover?
2. Outside of what does Fear and Trembling not make sense?
3. What does Kierkegaard think will happen with what his family received?
4. What is Kierkegaard stunned by in The Journals?
5. What does Kierkegaard think what his family receives is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Knight of Faith do in Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling?
2. What did Kierkegaard have a radical hatred for?
3. What does Constantine receive and what does he want to remain?
4. Where does Kierkegaard find himself, and what is he doing in Chapter 1, The Journals?
5. What does Kierkegaard turn away from in Chapter 1, The Journals?
6. What must we go beyond according to Kierkegaard?
7. How is truth discovered according to Two Edifying Discourses?
8. How does the prophecy in Chapter 5, Repetition come to pass?
9. How does the young hero depicted in Chapter 5, Repetition, resonate with Kierkegaard?
10. What passage from the Bible does Kierkegaard focus on in Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)