|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kierkegaard feeling at the start of The Journals?
2. What does Kierkegaard use when he writes about the Knight of Faith with the Knight of Infinite Resignation?
(a) Impossible situations.
3. What does Kierkegaard think will happen with what his family received?
(a) It will come from time to time.
(b) It is something of the past.
(c) It will continue.
(d) It will disappear.
4. What does Repetition have that lacks in many of Kierkegaard's works?
(a) A plot.
(d) A third person point of view.
5. What does Kierkegaard argue men always appear to be biased by?
(a) Their environment.
(c) His own perspective.
(d) Their education.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard say must stop being the ultimate goal and motivation for life in Stages of Life's Way?
2. What does the hero of Repetition have trouble finding?
3. What pseudonym does Kierkegaard use to publish Either/Or?
4. What does Kierkegaard argue major choices in life are not choices of?
5. What does Kierkegaard attempt to do according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Kierkegaard have a radical hatred for?
2. What does Kierkegaard say about truth not being within ourselves in Chapter 6, Philosophical Fragments?
3. What three stages does Kierkegaard introduce in Chapter 7, Stages on Life's Way?
4. How does the young hero depicted in Chapter 5, Repetition, resonate with Kierkegaard?
5. What must we go beyond according to Kierkegaard?
6. What do we always place consciousness in, according to Kierkegaard?
7. How does the prophecy in Chapter 5, Repetition come to pass?
8. What does Kierkegaard publish at the beginning of Chapter 2, Either/Or, A Fragment of Life and why does it represent him well?
9. What excruciating combination does the young hero in Chapter 5, Repetition endure?
10. Where does Kierkegaard find himself, and what is he doing in Chapter 1, The Journals?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)