|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many realms does Stages on Life's Way discuss?
(a) 2 realms.
(b) 4 realms.
(c) 3 realms.
(d) 5 realms.
2. What topic does Either/Or end with?
3. What does Kierkegaard believe lies at the center of Christianity?
(b) A religiosity of paradoxes.
(c) A cross.
4. What does the first letter in Either/Or analyze?
(a) Romantic love.
(c) God's influence on mankind.
5. What does Kierkegaard think what his family receives is?
(a) A punishment.
(c) A good omen.
(d) Bad luck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard argue major choices in life are not choices of?
2. Where does The Journals say Kierkegaard was on July 29, 1835?
3. What does Kierkegaard think Fear and Trembling will do to the reader?
4. What shall not fall to the ground without the will of the Father according to The Journals?
5. What does Robert Bretall think of Repetition?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do those at the banquet held in Chapter 7, Stages on Life's Way find?
2. What does Constantine receive and what does he want to remain?
3. Where does Kierkegaard find himself, and what is he doing in Chapter 1, The Journals?
4. Who is Regina Olsen?
5. What does Kierkegaard feel about the gifts God gives his family?
6. What passage from the Bible does Kierkegaard focus on in Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling?
7. What did Kierkegaard have a radical hatred for?
8. How is truth discovered according to Two Edifying Discourses?
9. What excruciating combination does the young hero in Chapter 5, Repetition endure?
10. What is inverted, according to Kierkegaard?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)