|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many realms does Stages on Life's Way discuss?
(a) 3 realms.
(b) 4 realms.
(c) 5 realms.
(d) 2 realms.
2. What are the Two Edifying Discourse written for?
(a) Seduce Regina.
(b) Make money.
(c) To strengthen the faith of the individual.
(d) Contradict Hegel.
3. What does Kierkegaard ask but does not give answers to in the Fragments?
(a) Does Christ love us when we don't love him?
(b) The questions crucial to Christianity to survive modernity.
(c) Will society resist modernity out of love of Christ?
(d) Who am I?
4. What does Kierkegaard think Fear and Trembling represents?
(a) Regina's past.
(b) His entire life.
(c) His childhood.
(d) The word of Christ.
5. When were the last of Kierkegaard aesthetic writings published according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what book is a large portion reproduced in Either/Or?
2. What does the hero of Repetition have trouble finding?
3. Where in Either/Or are the edifying discourses published?
4. What does Robert Bretall think of Repetition?
5. What do truth and art require according to Fear and Trembling?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is truth discovered according to Two Edifying Discourses?
2. What hazard does Kierkegaard expose in Chapter 9, The Present Age?
3. What does Kierkegaard turn away from in Chapter 1, The Journals?
4. Why is Kierkegaard biased about the press?
5. How does Kierkegaard define spirit and self in Chapter 13, The Sickness Unto Death?
6. What does Kierkegaard say about truth not being within ourselves in Chapter 6, Philosophical Fragments?
7. What does Kierkegaard express his hatred of in Chapter 15, The Journals?
8. What does Kierkegaard say about the individual?
9. What does Kierkegaard publish at the beginning of Chapter 2, Either/Or, A Fragment of Life and why does it represent him well?
10. What does Kierkegaard outline about the human heart in Chapter 10, Edifying Discourses?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)