|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard's pseudonymous writing tell part of?
(a) Regina's views.
(b) Socrates' views.
(c) His thoughts on aspects of his philosophy.
(d) Hegel's views.
2. What does Kierkegaard do before leaving for Berlin at the star of Either/Or?
(a) Writes a book.
(b) Goes to church.
(c) Breaks off his engagement with Regina Olsen.
(d) Buries his dog, Maximus.
3. What is Kierkegaard aware of in The Journals?
(a) His nothingness.
(b) His longing for Regina.
(c) His self interest.
(d) His errors.
4. With what book does Kierkegaard's work reach maturity according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 6?
(a) The Fragments.
(b) Unscientific Postscript.
(c) How to be a Christian.
(d) The Journals.
5. What is Kierkegaard feeling at the start of The Journals?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do The Journals say Kierkegaard feels?
2. What is Kierkegaard stunned by in The Journals?
3. What shall not fall to the ground without the will of the Father according to The Journals?
4. Who's ideas does Kierkegaard oppose in Either/Or?
5. What is Kierkegaard aware of concerning Fear and Trembling?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who had an enormous influence on German philosophy, and what do many intellectuals agree on?
2. What did Kierkegaard have a radical hatred for?
3. What is the question raised in Chapter 6, Philosophical Fragments?
4. What did Kierkegaard distinguish between in Chapter 2, Either/Or, A Fragment of Life?
5. What is inverted, according to Kierkegaard?
6. What does Kierkegaard say about humanity?
7. Where does Kierkegaard find himself, and what is he doing in Chapter 1, The Journals?
8. How does the prophecy in Chapter 5, Repetition come to pass?
9. What do those at the banquet held in Chapter 7, Stages on Life's Way find?
10. What three stages does Kierkegaard introduce in Chapter 7, Stages on Life's Way?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)