|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do The Journals say Kierkegaard feels?
(b) In love.
2. What does Kierkegaard think will happen with what his family received?
(a) It will continue.
(b) It will come from time to time.
(c) It is something of the past.
(d) It will disappear.
3. Where in Either/Or are the edifying discourses published?
(a) Chapter 2.
(b) Chapter 1.
(c) Chapter 5.
(d) Chapter 3.
4. With what book does Kierkegaard's work reach maturity according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 6?
(a) Unscientific Postscript.
(b) The Fragments.
(c) The Journals.
(d) How to be a Christian.
5. What does the hero of Repetition have trouble finding?
(c) A good church.
(d) A true union with the woman he loves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard give up on according to Robert Bretall Chapter 5?
2. When were the last of Kierkegaard aesthetic writings published according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 7?
3. What does Kierkegaard think what his family receives is?
4. What are the Two Edifying Discourse written for?
5. What does the human hide from with all his energy according to Kierkegaard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What banquet is referred to in Chapter 7, Stages on Life's Way?
2. How is truth discovered according to Two Edifying Discourses?
3. How does the prophecy in Chapter 5, Repetition come to pass?
4. What does Kierkegaard publish at the beginning of Chapter 2, Either/Or, A Fragment of Life and why does it represent him well?
5. Where does Kierkegaard find himself, and what is he doing in Chapter 1, The Journals?
6. What does Kierkegaard feel about the gifts God gives his family?
7. Who is Regina Olsen?
8. What three stages does Kierkegaard introduce in Chapter 7, Stages on Life's Way?
9. What does Kierkegaard say about truth not being within ourselves in Chapter 6, Philosophical Fragments?
10. What did Kierkegaard distinguish between in Chapter 2, Either/Or, A Fragment of Life?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)