|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the author arguing is more important than the content of Either/Or?
(a) Kierkegaard's analysis.
(b) The way the book was launched.
(c) The title.
(d) Kierkegaard's footnotes.
2. Of what book is a large portion reproduced in Either/Or?
(a) Romantic Love.
(b) The Seducer's Diary.
(c) How to be a Christian.
(d) How to love.
3. When does Kierkegaard write about truth in Either/Or?
(a) Toward the middle.
(b) In Chapter 2.
(c) In the first chapter.
(d) Toward the end.
4. What does Kierkegaard say must stop being the ultimate goal and motivation for life in Stages of Life's Way?
5. Who's lecture does Kierkegaard attend?
(b) Igor Stensen's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard think what his family receives is?
2. What does Kierkegaard argue life is?
3. What is the main theme of Fear and Trembling?
4. What does Kierkegaard give up on according to Robert Bretall Chapter 5?
5. What does Robert Bretall say Kierkegaard is in the Two Edifying Discourses?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard believe about truth in Two Edifying Discourses?
2. What does the Knight of Faith do in Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling?
3. What does Kierkegaard say about humanity?
4. What words of Christ was Kierkegaard aware of in Chapter 1,The Journals?
5. How does the prophecy in Chapter 5, Repetition come to pass?
6. What does Constantine receive and what does he want to remain?
7. What is inverted, according to Kierkegaard?
8. What is the question raised in Chapter 6, Philosophical Fragments?
9. How is truth discovered according to Two Edifying Discourses?
10. Who is Regina Olsen?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)