Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard argue man is not?
(d) What he is in principle.
2. Who does Bishop Mynster's eulogy compare him to?
(a) The apostles.
3. What does Robert Bretall in Chapter 13 argue The Sickness Unto Death tries to understand?
(a) The corruption within each man.
(c) The love of Christ.
(d) The role of the church in the state.
4. What is the title of the conclusion of Concluding Unscientific Postscript?
(a) Seducer's Diary.
(b) How to become a Christian.
(c) The Journals.
(d) How to become a Protestant.
5. Who was Bishop Mynster?
(a) A rival writer.
(b) Kierkegaard's editor.
(c) Denmark's head bishop.
(d) A friend fo the family.
6. What does Kierkegaard focus on in Two Discourses?
(a) The word of Christ.
(b) The divine initiative.
(c) Personal interpretation of the Bible.
(d) Churches and dogma.
7. What does Kierkegaard argue Christendom is ruled by?
(b) The pope.
8. How does Kierkegaard see the move towards equality as being?
(a) An illusion.
(b) A mistake.
(c) As regression.
(d) As progress.
9. What does Robert Bretall in Chapter 10 say Kierkegaard's work written under his own name aims at?
(b) Proposing to Regina.
(c) Contradicting Hegel.
(d) Criticizing the church.
10. What does Kierkegaard argue a Christian needs to be?
(a) A prophet.
(b) An Apostle.
(c) A leader.
(d) A follower.
11. What religion does Robert Bretall in Chapter 11 say Kierkegaard follows?
12. Which of Freud's ideas does Kierkegaard prefigure in The Sickness Unto Death?
(b) Dream interpretation.
(c) Oedipus complex.
(d) Death instinct.
13. What type of text does Kierkegaard routinely publish under his own name according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 10?
14. In Chapter 13, what does Robert Bretall argue 1848 is for Kierkegaard's writing?
(a) The year he starts doubting Christ.
(b) The height of his productivity.
(c) The year of his first commercial success.
(d) The year he realizes he still loves Regina.
15. What does Kierkegaard argue people think about Christ teachings?
(a) They do not respect them.
(b) They love them.
(c) They are suspicious of them.
(d) They are offended by them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard argue is the heart of the public?
2. What does The Sickness Unto Death argue is contained within man?
3. What period do The Journals cover?
4. What are Kierkegaard's political views?
5. What is the central concept of Training in Christianity?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)