|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Christ's contemporary accept Christ despite of?
(a) Peer pressure.
(b) Church donations.
(c) It's radical costs.
(d) Overbearing dogma.
2. When is Concluding Unscientific Postscript published?
3. What does Kierkegaard say of Two Discourses in his work?
(a) The last piece of the puzzle.
(b) A reflection of his movement from Either/Or to "rest at the foot of the altar."
(c) The start of a switch in writing style.
(d) The first part of a trilogy.
4. What does Kierkegaard say the Danish State Church is?
(b) Not strong enough.
(c) Too worldly and afraid.
5. What does Kierkegaard resonate with concerning spirituality?
(a) Hegel's views.
(b) Denmark State Church.
(c) Papal teachings.
(d) Catholic monastic life.
6. Who is the criticism of Kierkegaard targeted at?
(b) The Denmark State Church.
(c) The whole Christian world.
(d) Bishop Mynster.
7. What does Chapter 8 say about Hegel and his followers?
(a) They do not compromise.
(b) They are good men.
(c) They are savages in every way.
(d) They refuse to debate.
8. What does Kierkegaard argue men are in the modern age?
9. Who does Bishop Mynster's eulogy compare him to?
(a) The apostles.
10. What does The Sickness Unto Death argue is contained within man?
(b) The self.
(d) The infinite and the finite.
11. What does Kierkegaard's work focus on?
(a) How to sever our link to the organized church.
(b) What it means to be a Christian in a Christian society.
(c) How to be a better person.
(d) How to love Christ.
12. What is The Journals the forbearer of?
(a) His faith crisis.
(b) The Attack Upon Christendom.
(c) His rebuttal of Hegel's views.
(d) His conversion to Christianity.
13. What are Kierkegaard's political views?
(c) He is apolitical.
14. What does Kierkegaard argue the present is ruled by?
15. What type of text does Kierkegaard routinely publish under his own name according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 10?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kierkegaard running out of while writing The Journals?
2. What novel does Robert Bretall in Chapter 9 say Kierkegaard reviewed after the publication of Concluding Unscientific Postscript?
3. What does Robert Bretall in Chapter 17 say do not really fit together?
4. What does Kierkegaard argue antiquity was ruled by?
5. What does Kierkegaard argue cannot be improved or hurt by social organization?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)