|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard argue is merely foreshadowed in Stages on Life's Way?
2. What does Kierkegaard say "is given its rights"?
(c) The religious realm.
3. What is Kierkegaard stunned by in The Journals?
(a) His own feeling.
(b) The feelings of Chris.
(c) His own nothingness.
(d) The power of God.
4. What does Kierkegaard think will happen with what his family received?
(a) It will disappear.
(b) It will come from time to time.
(c) It is something of the past.
(d) It will continue.
5. What does Kierkegaard say truth is constituted of?
(b) Faith and events.
(c) The word of Christ.
(d) Parts that may initially seem at odds.
6. What does Repetition have that lacks in many of Kierkegaard's works?
(c) A plot.
(d) A third person point of view.
7. What topic does Either/Or end with?
8. What does Robert Bretall say Kierkegaard is in the Two Edifying Discourses?
(a) A poet.
(b) A liar.
(c) A fiction writer.
(d) A theopolian.
9. What is the author arguing is more important than the content of Either/Or?
(a) Kierkegaard's analysis.
(b) The title.
(c) The way the book was launched.
(d) Kierkegaard's footnotes.
10. What does Chapter 1 say Kierkegaard is conflicted between?
(a) Love and despair.
(b) Wonder and hate.
(c) Wonder and despair.
(d) Love and hate.
11. What does Kierkegaard think Fear and Trembling represents?
(a) The word of Christ.
(b) His childhood.
(c) Regina's past.
(d) His entire life.
12. What does Kierkegaard attempt to do according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 5?
(a) Act as honestly as possible.
(b) Marry Regina.
(c) Love himself.
(d) Attend church.
13. What does Kierkegaard say of the realms discussed in Stages on Life's Way?
(a) They all need Christ to make sense.
(b) They are all divided in 3.
(c) They are all concrete forms of existance.
(d) They can all be mastered.
14. What does Kierkegaard say truth is discovered in?
(b) The heart.
(d) One self.
15. Where does The Journals say Kierkegaard was on July 29, 1835?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do truth and art require according to Fear and Trembling?
2. Which of the Two Edifying Discourses does Kierkegaard prefer?
3. What does Kierkegaard argue major choices in life are choices of?
4. What does Kierkegaard give up on according to Robert Bretall Chapter 5?
5. What does Kierkegaard believe lies at the center of Christianity?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)