|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard do before leaving for Berlin at the star of Either/Or?
(a) Writes a book.
(b) Goes to church.
(c) Buries his dog, Maximus.
(d) Breaks off his engagement with Regina Olsen.
2. What does Kierkegaard say of the realms discussed in Stages on Life's Way?
(a) They are all concrete forms of existance.
(b) They all need Christ to make sense.
(c) They can all be mastered.
(d) They are all divided in 3.
3. What does Kierkegaard use when he writes about the Knight of Faith with the Knight of Infinite Resignation?
(b) Impossible situations.
4. Which of the Two Edifying Discourses does Kierkegaard prefer?
(a) None of them.
(b) The last one.
(c) The first one.
(d) All of them.
5. With what book does Kierkegaard's work reach maturity according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 6?
(a) The Journals.
(b) Unscientific Postscript.
(c) How to be a Christian.
(d) The Fragments.
6. Who's lecture does Kierkegaard attend?
(a) Igor Stensen's.
7. What prevents the hero in Repetition from finding what he wants?
(a) His family.
(c) His love of God.
(d) His depression and introspection.
8. What does Kierkegaard meditate on in Fear and Trembling?
(a) Abraham's call to kill his son Isaac.
(b) A sparrow.
(c) The resurrection.
(d) The incarnation.
9. What does Kierkegaard think what his family receives is?
(a) A punishment.
(b) Bad luck.
(d) A good omen.
10. Who is Regina Olsen?
(a) Kierkegaard's agent.
(b) Kierkegaard's fiancee.
(c) Kierkegaard's sister.
(d) Kierkegaard's editor.
11. What city does Kierkegaard live in according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 5?
12. What pseudonym does Kierkegaard use for The Fragments?
(a) Salus Salenicus.
(b) Johannes Climacus.
(c) Stuartus Sagitarus.
(d) Romanos Anasicus.
13. Outside of what does Fear and Trembling not make sense?
(a) An asylum.
(c) The Protestant faith.
(d) Kierkegaard's life.
14. What does Kierkegaard argue major choices in life are not choices of?
15. What does the first piece of Stages on Life's Way cover?
(a) Love and aesthetic.
(b) The role of Bishops.
(c) Trust in the state Church.
(d) Love in Christ.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does humanity need according to Kierkegaard?
2. Who does Kierkegaard think is the most likely person to understand the ideas in Fear and Trembling?
3. When does Kierkegaard write about truth in Either/Or?
4. What does Kierkegaard say forms Repetition?
5. What does the first letter in Either/Or analyze?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)