|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard use when he writes about the Knight of Faith with the Knight of Infinite Resignation?
(d) Impossible situations.
2. What does Kierkegaard's pseudonymous writing tell part of?
(a) Hegel's views.
(b) His thoughts on aspects of his philosophy.
(c) Regina's views.
(d) Socrates' views.
3. What does the hero of Repetition have trouble finding?
(a) A true union with the woman he loves.
(b) A good church.
4. Outside of what does Fear and Trembling not make sense?
(b) Kierkegaard's life.
(c) The Protestant faith.
(d) An asylum.
5. What does the meditation in Fear and Trembling illustrate?
(a) Kierkegaard's love for Regina.
(b) Kierkegaard's regrets.
(c) Kierkegaard's happiness.
(d) Kierkegaard's love for mistery.
6. How many realms does Stages on Life's Way discuss?
(a) 2 realms.
(b) 5 realms.
(c) 4 realms.
(d) 3 realms.
7. What does humanity need according to Kierkegaard?
(a) The church.
(b) A teacher.
(d) A love.
8. What does Kierkegaard call faith?
(a) The reason for being.
(b) The best thing man has.
(c) The organ of understanding.
(d) The way to love Christ.
9. Who's letter does Either/Or contain a series of?
(d) Judge William's.
10. What do truth and art require according to Fear and Trembling?
(a) An acquaintance with bias.
(c) Love of God.
(d) The hand of Christ.
11. What does Kierkegaard argue life is?
(a) A series of moments.
(b) The time between our acceptance of the love of Christ and our death.
(c) A series of stark choices.
(d) The time between our birth and our death.
12. Who's lecture does Kierkegaard attend?
(a) Igor Stensen's.
13. What is the author arguing is more important than the content of Either/Or?
(a) Kierkegaard's footnotes.
(b) Kierkegaard's analysis.
(c) The way the book was launched.
(d) The title.
14. What does Kierkegaard say "is given its rights"?
(a) The religious realm.
15. How does Kierkegaard call the first piece of Stages on Life's Way?
(a) Guilty/Not Guilty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kierkegaard aware of concerning Fear and Trembling?
2. What is Kierkegaard's pseudonym in Repetition?
3. How does Kierkegaard characterize his interpretation of the facts after his conversion?
4. How long does it take Kierkegaard to write Fear and Trembling?
5. What pseudonym does Kierkegaard use to publish Either/Or?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)