|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the first piece of Stages on Life's Way cover?
(a) The role of Bishops.
(b) Love and aesthetic.
(c) Love in Christ.
(d) Trust in the state Church.
2. What does Kierkegaard say "is given its rights"?
(b) The religious realm.
3. What does the hero of Repetition have trouble finding?
(a) A true union with the woman he loves.
(c) A good church.
4. With what book does Kierkegaard's work reach maturity according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 6?
(a) The Journals.
(b) How to be a Christian.
(c) The Fragments.
(d) Unscientific Postscript.
5. Who's ideas does Kierkegaard oppose in Either/Or?
(d) G.W.F Hegel.
6. What cities does Kierkegaard write Either/Or in?
(a) Paris and Nice.
(b) Rome and Berlin.
(c) Berlin and Copenhagen.
(d) London and Paris.
7. What city does Kierkegaard live in according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 5?
8. How does Kierkegaard characterize his interpretation of the facts after his conversion?
9. What does the pseudonymous author of The Fragments resist?
(a) Discovering himself.
(b) Going to church.
(c) Discipleship of Jesus.
10. Where does The Journals say Kierkegaard was on July 29, 1835?
11. What book sets the stage for Kierkegaard's mature work?
(a) The Fragments.
(b) The Journals.
(c) How to be a Christian.
(d) Seducer's Diary.
12. Where in Either/Or are the edifying discourses published?
(a) Chapter 5.
(b) Chapter 1.
(c) Chapter 2.
(d) Chapter 3.
13. Where does the idea of Repetition derive from?
(a) The life of Christ.
(b) The rise of Christian dogma.
(c) Regina's life.
(d) Kierkegaard's own life.
14. What does Kierkegaard know about himself in The Journals?
(a) He is both great and small.
(b) He is a fraud.
(c) He is mistaken.
(d) He loves God.
15. What does Kierkegaard argue major choices in life are choices of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard do before leaving for Berlin at the star of Either/Or?
2. What does Kierkegaard argue life is?
3. What does Kierkegaard attempt to do according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 5?
4. What does Kierkegaard say of the realms discussed in Stages on Life's Way?
5. What is Kierkegaard feeling at the start of The Journals?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)