|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard do before leaving for Berlin at the star of Either/Or?
(a) Buries his dog, Maximus.
(b) Goes to church.
(c) Writes a book.
(d) Breaks off his engagement with Regina Olsen.
2. What book sets the stage for Kierkegaard's mature work?
(a) The Fragments.
(b) The Journals.
(c) How to be a Christian.
(d) Seducer's Diary.
3. What does Kierkegaard call faith?
(a) The way to love Christ.
(b) The reason for being.
(c) The organ of understanding.
(d) The best thing man has.
4. What does the pseudonymous author of The Fragments resist?
(a) Discipleship of Jesus.
(c) Discovering himself.
(d) Going to church.
5. How many realms does Stages on Life's Way discuss?
(a) 2 realms.
(b) 5 realms.
(c) 4 realms.
(d) 3 realms.
6. What does Kierkegaard say of the realms discussed in Stages on Life's Way?
(a) They are all concrete forms of existance.
(b) They all need Christ to make sense.
(c) They can all be mastered.
(d) They are all divided in 3.
7. What is the name of the best known section of Stages on Life's Way?
(a) The meal.
(b) The banquet.
(c) The restaurant.
(d) The last supper.
8. What does Kierkegaard think Fear and Trembling represents?
(a) His entire life.
(b) Regina's past.
(c) His childhood.
(d) The word of Christ.
9. What is Kierkegaard stunned by in The Journals?
(a) The feelings of Chris.
(b) His own nothingness.
(c) The power of God.
(d) His own feeling.
10. Outside of what does Fear and Trembling not make sense?
(a) The Protestant faith.
(b) An asylum.
(c) Kierkegaard's life.
11. What topic does Either/Or end with?
12. What is the name of the first volume of Either/Or?
(a) The Seducer's Diary.
(c) The Square Method.
(d) The Rotation Method.
13. What does Kierkegaard argue life is?
(a) A series of stark choices.
(b) The time between our acceptance of the love of Christ and our death.
(c) The time between our birth and our death.
(d) A series of moments.
14. What shall not fall to the ground without the will of the Father according to The Journals?
(a) A sparrow.
(b) A mouse.
(c) A man.
(d) An elephant.
15. What does Kierkegaard ask but does not give answers to in the Fragments?
(a) Who am I?
(b) Does Christ love us when we don't love him?
(c) The questions crucial to Christianity to survive modernity.
(d) Will society resist modernity out of love of Christ?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Kierkegaard at the age of his conversion?
2. What is Kierkegaard undergoing after his conversion?
3. What does Kierkegaard feel about the prevalent ideas about the universe and distinction?
4. What does Kierkegaard argue the truth is outside of?
5. What does Kierkegaard argue the human is in?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)