|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard say forms Repetition?
(c) The idea of repetition.
(d) The idea of abundance.
2. When does Kierkegaard write about truth in Either/Or?
(a) Toward the middle.
(b) In Chapter 2.
(c) In the first chapter.
(d) Toward the end.
3. What does Chapter 1 say Kierkegaard is conflicted between?
(a) Wonder and despair.
(b) Wonder and hate.
(c) Love and hate.
(d) Love and despair.
4. What shall not fall to the ground without the will of the Father according to The Journals?
(a) A mouse.
(b) A man.
(c) An elephant.
(d) A sparrow.
5. What does Robert Bretall say is difficult to discern in Kierkegaard's writing?
(a) Who he is talking to.
(b) If the love of Christ guides him.
(c) Which aspects of Kierkegaard are present.
(d) If he is Christian.
6. What does Kierkegaard give up on according to Robert Bretall Chapter 5?
(a) Marrying Regina.
(c) Going to Church.
7. Who's lecture does Kierkegaard attend?
(c) Igor Stensen's.
8. When were the last of Kierkegaard aesthetic writings published according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 7?
9. What does Kierkegaard meditate on in Fear and Trembling?
(a) The resurrection.
(b) A sparrow.
(c) Abraham's call to kill his son Isaac.
(d) The incarnation.
10. What happens to Kierkegaard and Regina's relationship?
(a) Kierkegaard fires her.
(b) Regina dies.
(c) Kierkegaard breaks off the engagement.
(d) Kierkegaard replaces her.
11. What does Kierkegaard know about himself in The Journals?
(a) He is a fraud.
(b) He loves God.
(c) He is both great and small.
(d) He is mistaken.
12. Who is Regina Olsen?
(a) Kierkegaard's editor.
(b) Kierkegaard's fiancee.
(c) Kierkegaard's agent.
(d) Kierkegaard's sister.
13. With what book does Kierkegaard's work reach maturity according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 6?
(a) The Journals.
(b) The Fragments.
(c) How to be a Christian.
(d) Unscientific Postscript.
14. What is Kierkegaard aware of in The Journals?
(a) His self interest.
(b) His errors.
(c) His longing for Regina.
(d) His nothingness.
15. Who does Kierkegaard write his pseudonymous work for according to Fear and Trembling?
(d) The public.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard argue life is?
2. What does Kierkegaard think will happen with what his family received?
3. What does Robert Bretall say Kierkegaard is in the Two Edifying Discourses?
4. What does Kierkegaard argue the human is in?
5. What does Kierkegaard say of the truth that teaches and builds up the human person in Two Edifying Discourses?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)