|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When were the last of Kierkegaard aesthetic writings published according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 7?
2. Who does Kierkegaard write his pseudonymous work for according to Fear and Trembling?
(a) The public.
3. What does Chapter 1 say Kierkegaard is conflicted between?
(a) Wonder and despair.
(b) Love and despair.
(c) Love and hate.
(d) Wonder and hate.
4. What does Kierkegaard use when he writes about the Knight of Faith with the Knight of Infinite Resignation?
(a) Impossible situations.
5. What does Stages on Life's Way divide according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 7?
(a) Spheres of existence.
(b) How to love Christ.
(c) Lies and superstitions.
6. What does Kierkegaard argue men always appear to be biased by?
(a) His own perspective.
(c) Their environment.
(d) Their education.
7. What does Kierkegaard say of the realms discussed in Stages on Life's Way?
(a) They are all concrete forms of existance.
(b) They all need Christ to make sense.
(c) They are all divided in 3.
(d) They can all be mastered.
8. What is Kierkegaard undergoing after his conversion?
(a) A physical transformation.
(b) A change of heart.
(c) The flu.
(d) A terrible revolution.
9. What cities does Kierkegaard write Either/Or in?
(a) London and Paris.
(b) Paris and Nice.
(c) Berlin and Copenhagen.
(d) Rome and Berlin.
10. What does the human hide from with all his energy according to Kierkegaard?
(a) His desires.
11. What does Kierkegaard feel about the prevalent ideas about the universe and distinction?
(a) He doubts them.
(b) He hates them.
(c) He embraces them.
(d) He finds them unsubstantiated.
12. What does Kierkegaard fight against according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 5?
(a) Subconscious aspects of the self.
(b) The Denmark State Church.
13. Who is Regina Olsen?
(a) Kierkegaard's fiancee.
(b) Kierkegaard's editor.
(c) Kierkegaard's sister.
(d) Kierkegaard's agent.
14. How does Kierkegaard call the first piece of Stages on Life's Way?
(b) Guilty/Not Guilty.
15. What does Kierkegaard's pseudonymous writing tell part of?
(a) Socrates' views.
(b) Regina's views.
(c) Hegel's views.
(d) His thoughts on aspects of his philosophy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shall not fall to the ground without the will of the Father according to The Journals?
2. When does Kierkegaard write Repetition?
3. What is the author arguing is more important than the content of Either/Or?
4. What does Robert Bretall think of Repetition?
5. What is Kierkegaard aware of in The Journals?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)