|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard say truth is discovered in?
(a) The heart.
(b) One self.
2. What name does Kierkegaard use to publish the Two Edifying Discourses?
(a) Lorentium Sisium.
(b) His own.
(c) Marcus Angelicus.
(d) Natus Metalus.
3. Who's ideas does Kierkegaard oppose in Either/Or?
(c) G.W.F Hegel.
4. What does Stages on Life's Way divide according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 7?
(a) How to love Christ.
(c) Lies and superstitions.
(d) Spheres of existence.
5. What does Kierkegaard argue the truth is outside of?
(a) The other.
(b) The self.
6. What is Kierkegaard's pseudonym in Repetition?
(a) Constantine Traversius.
(b) Marc Antony.
(c) Julius Antonius.
(d) Constantine Contantius.
7. What is Kierkegaard aware of concerning Fear and Trembling?
(a) It will be translated into many languages.
(b) The Denmark Church will be offended.
(c) Everyone will hate it.
(d) It is not that good.
8. Of what book is a large portion reproduced in Either/Or?
(a) How to be a Christian.
(b) Romantic Love.
(c) The Seducer's Diary.
(d) How to love.
9. How does Kierkegaard characterize his interpretation of the facts after his conversion?
10. How many realms does Stages on Life's Way discuss?
(a) 2 realms.
(b) 3 realms.
(c) 4 realms.
(d) 5 realms.
11. What does the first letter in Either/Or analyze?
(b) God's influence on mankind.
(d) Romantic love.
12. What is the name of the best known section of Stages on Life's Way?
(a) The restaurant.
(b) The meal.
(c) The banquet.
(d) The last supper.
13. What does Kierkegaard feel about the prevalent ideas about the universe and distinction?
(a) He embraces them.
(b) He hates them.
(c) He finds them unsubstantiated.
(d) He doubts them.
14. What does Kierkegaard argue major choices in life are choices of?
15. Which of the Two Edifying Discourses does Kierkegaard prefer?
(a) All of them.
(b) The first one.
(c) The last one.
(d) None of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who's lecture does Kierkegaard attend?
2. What does Kierkegaard's pseudonymous writing tell part of?
3. What city does Kierkegaard live in according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 5?
4. What are the Two Edifying Discourse written for?
5. Outside of what does Fear and Trembling not make sense?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)