|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prevents the hero in Repetition from finding what he wants?
(a) His love of God.
(b) His depression and introspection.
(c) His family.
2. What does Kierkegaard say truth is constituted of?
(b) The word of Christ.
(c) Parts that may initially seem at odds.
(d) Faith and events.
3. What happens to Kierkegaard and Regina's relationship?
(a) Regina dies.
(b) Kierkegaard fires her.
(c) Kierkegaard breaks off the engagement.
(d) Kierkegaard replaces her.
4. Which of the Two Edifying Discourses does Kierkegaard prefer?
(a) The first one.
(b) The last one.
(c) None of them.
(d) All of them.
5. What pseudonym does Kierkegaard use to publish Either/Or?
(a) Sophie Marcus.
(b) Emile Proust.
(c) Marcus Temporarus.
(d) Victor Eremita.
6. What does Kierkegaard argue we always place our consciousness in?
(a) Our body.
(d) The love of Christ.
7. How long does it take Kierkegaard to write Fear and Trembling?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 5 months.
(c) Less than 60 days.
(d) 35 days.
8. What do many intellectuals agree on in the 19th century concerning distinctions?
(a) Distinctions are illusory.
(b) Distinctions are not distinctive.
(c) Distinctions are overrated.
(d) Distinctions separate man from beast.
9. What does Kierkegaard know about himself in The Journals?
(a) He is mistaken.
(b) He is both great and small.
(c) He loves God.
(d) He is a fraud.
10. What topic does Either/Or end with?
11. What pseudonym does Kierkegaard use for The Fragments?
(a) Salus Salenicus.
(b) Stuartus Sagitarus.
(c) Johannes Climacus.
(d) Romanos Anasicus.
12. What does Kierkegaard ask but does not give answers to in the Fragments?
(a) The questions crucial to Christianity to survive modernity.
(b) Who am I?
(c) Will society resist modernity out of love of Christ?
(d) Does Christ love us when we don't love him?
13. What does Kierkegaard argue the truth is outside of?
(a) The other.
(c) The self.
14. What is Kierkegaard feeling at the start of The Journals?
15. What does the first letter in Either/Or analyze?
(a) Romantic love.
(b) God's influence on mankind.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what book does Kierkegaard's work reach maturity according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 6?
2. What does Kierkegaard attempt to do according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 5?
3. What do The Journals say Kierkegaard feels?
4. Who's lecture does Kierkegaard attend?
5. What does Kierkegaard give up on according to Robert Bretall Chapter 5?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)