|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard say truth is discovered in?
(a) The heart.
(b) One self.
2. What does Kierkegaard think what his family receives is?
(a) A punishment.
(b) Bad luck.
(c) A good omen.
3. What are the Two Edifying Discourse written for?
(a) To strengthen the faith of the individual.
(b) Seduce Regina.
(c) Make money.
(d) Contradict Hegel.
4. How does Kierkegaard characterize his interpretation of the facts after his conversion?
5. What is the name of the best known section of Stages on Life's Way?
(a) The banquet.
(b) The restaurant.
(c) The meal.
(d) The last supper.
6. What does Kierkegaard's pseudonymous writing tell part of?
(a) Regina's views.
(b) His thoughts on aspects of his philosophy.
(c) Socrates' views.
(d) Hegel's views.
7. What does Kierkegaard believe lies at the center of Christianity?
(a) A religiosity of paradoxes.
(b) A cross.
8. Who is Regina Olsen?
(a) Kierkegaard's sister.
(b) Kierkegaard's editor.
(c) Kierkegaard's agent.
(d) Kierkegaard's fiancee.
9. What topic does Either/Or end with?
10. What is Kierkegaard feeling at the start of The Journals?
11. What does Kierkegaard call faith?
(a) The reason for being.
(b) The way to love Christ.
(c) The best thing man has.
(d) The organ of understanding.
12. What does Kierkegaard attempt to do according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 5?
(a) Attend church.
(b) Marry Regina.
(c) Act as honestly as possible.
(d) Love himself.
13. What do The Journals say Kierkegaard feels?
(c) In love.
14. What does Kierkegaard say "is given its rights"?
(d) The religious realm.
15. What is the main theme of Fear and Trembling?
(b) The encounter between the individual and the universe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the Two Edifying Discourses does Kierkegaard prefer?
2. What does Kierkegaard say he cannot do with Regina?
3. What does Kierkegaard argue is merely foreshadowed in Stages on Life's Way?
4. What book sets the stage for Kierkegaard's mature work?
5. How does Kierkegaard call the first piece of Stages on Life's Way?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)