|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stages on Life's Way divide according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 7?
(b) Spheres of existence.
(c) How to love Christ.
(d) Lies and superstitions.
2. Which of the Two Edifying Discourses does Kierkegaard prefer?
(a) All of them.
(b) The last one.
(c) The first one.
(d) None of them.
3. What pseudonym does Kierkegaard use to publish Either/Or?
(a) Sophie Marcus.
(b) Victor Eremita.
(c) Marcus Temporarus.
(d) Emile Proust.
4. What does Kierkegaard say forms Repetition?
(b) The idea of abundance.
(c) The idea of repetition.
5. What does Kierkegaard argue is merely foreshadowed in Stages on Life's Way?
6. What does Kierkegaard say he cannot do with Regina?
(a) Share things about himself.
(b) Talk religion.
(d) Talk to her about her work.
7. What does Kierkegaard fight against according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 5?
(a) Subconscious aspects of the self.
(b) The Denmark State Church.
8. Who's ideas does Kierkegaard oppose in Either/Or?
(a) G.W.F Hegel.
9. What happens to Kierkegaard and Regina's relationship?
(a) Kierkegaard breaks off the engagement.
(b) Regina dies.
(c) Kierkegaard replaces her.
(d) Kierkegaard fires her.
10. How long does it take Kierkegaard to write Fear and Trembling?
(a) 5 months.
(b) 2 years.
(c) Less than 60 days.
(d) 35 days.
11. What does Robert Bretall say is difficult to discern in Kierkegaard's writing?
(a) If the love of Christ guides him.
(b) If he is Christian.
(c) Who he is talking to.
(d) Which aspects of Kierkegaard are present.
12. What does Kierkegaard argue major choices in life are not choices of?
13. What does Kierkegaard feel about the prevalent ideas about the universe and distinction?
(a) He doubts them.
(b) He hates them.
(c) He finds them unsubstantiated.
(d) He embraces them.
14. What topic does Either/Or end with?
15. What does Kierkegaard give up on according to Robert Bretall Chapter 5?
(b) Marrying Regina.
(c) Going to Church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do many intellectuals agree on in the 19th century concerning the universe?
2. What does Kierkegaard argue we always place our consciousness in?
3. When does Kierkegaard write Repetition?
4. What does Kierkegaard argue life is?
5. Who does Kierkegaard think is the most likely person to understand the ideas in Fear and Trembling?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)