|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prevents the hero in Repetition from finding what he wants?
(a) His depression and introspection.
(b) His love of God.
(c) His family.
2. What does Kierkegaard's pseudonymous writing tell part of?
(a) Socrates' views.
(b) Regina's views.
(c) Hegel's views.
(d) His thoughts on aspects of his philosophy.
3. What does Kierkegaard argue life is?
(a) A series of moments.
(b) The time between our birth and our death.
(c) A series of stark choices.
(d) The time between our acceptance of the love of Christ and our death.
4. What is Kierkegaard aware of in The Journals?
(a) His self interest.
(b) His errors.
(c) His longing for Regina.
(d) His nothingness.
5. What does Chapter 1 say Kierkegaard is conflicted between?
(a) Wonder and hate.
(b) Wonder and despair.
(c) Love and despair.
(d) Love and hate.
6. How long does it take Kierkegaard to write Fear and Trembling?
(a) 5 months.
(b) Less than 60 days.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 35 days.
7. What do truth and art require according to Fear and Trembling?
(a) The hand of Christ.
(b) Love of God.
(d) An acquaintance with bias.
8. What is the name of the best known section of Stages on Life's Way?
(a) The meal.
(b) The banquet.
(c) The last supper.
(d) The restaurant.
9. What does Kierkegaard call faith?
(a) The best thing man has.
(b) The organ of understanding.
(c) The reason for being.
(d) The way to love Christ.
10. With what book does Kierkegaard's work reach maturity according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 6?
(a) The Fragments.
(b) How to be a Christian.
(c) The Journals.
(d) Unscientific Postscript.
11. What does Kierkegaard argue major choices in life are not choices of?
12. What does Kierkegaard say "is given its rights"?
(c) The religious realm.
13. Who's lecture does Kierkegaard attend?
(a) Igor Stensen's.
14. What does Kierkegaard think will happen with what his family received?
(a) It is something of the past.
(b) It will disappear.
(c) It will come from time to time.
(d) It will continue.
15. What pseudonym does Kierkegaard use to write the second piece of Stages on Life's Way?
(a) Moter Tactimus.
(b) Frater Turburus.
(c) Frater Tactiturnus.
(d) Julius Manuterus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard ask but does not give answers to in the Fragments?
2. What does Kierkegaard distinguish between in Either/Or?
3. What does the pseudonymous author of The Fragments resist?
4. What is Kierkegaard aware of concerning Fear and Trembling?
5. What does Kierkegaard do before leaving for Berlin at the star of Either/Or?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)