|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does The Journals say Kierkegaard was on July 29, 1835?
2. What does Kierkegaard's pseudonymous writing tell part of?
(a) His thoughts on aspects of his philosophy.
(b) Regina's views.
(c) Hegel's views.
(d) Socrates' views.
3. What does Kierkegaard think Fear and Trembling represents?
(a) His entire life.
(b) His childhood.
(c) The word of Christ.
(d) Regina's past.
4. Where in Either/Or are the edifying discourses published?
(a) Chapter 3.
(b) Chapter 1.
(c) Chapter 2.
(d) Chapter 5.
5. What does Chapter 1 say Kierkegaard is conflicted between?
(a) Love and hate.
(b) Love and despair.
(c) Wonder and hate.
(d) Wonder and despair.
6. What shall not fall to the ground without the will of the Father according to The Journals?
(a) An elephant.
(b) A sparrow.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A man.
7. How many realms does Stages on Life's Way discuss?
(a) 5 realms.
(b) 2 realms.
(c) 4 realms.
(d) 3 realms.
8. Who does Kierkegaard write his pseudonymous work for according to Fear and Trembling?
(d) The public.
9. What does Kierkegaard argue men always appear to be biased by?
(a) Their education.
(b) Their environment.
(d) His own perspective.
10. What happens to Kierkegaard and Regina's relationship?
(a) Kierkegaard fires her.
(b) Regina dies.
(c) Kierkegaard breaks off the engagement.
(d) Kierkegaard replaces her.
11. What does Kierkegaard think what his family receives is?
(a) A punishment.
(c) Bad luck.
(d) A good omen.
12. What is Kierkegaard stunned by in The Journals?
(a) The feelings of Chris.
(b) His own feeling.
(c) His own nothingness.
(d) The power of God.
13. What does Robert Bretall say is difficult to discern in Kierkegaard's writing?
(a) Who he is talking to.
(b) If he is Christian.
(c) If the love of Christ guides him.
(d) Which aspects of Kierkegaard are present.
14. What does Kierkegaard do before leaving for Berlin at the star of Either/Or?
(a) Goes to church.
(b) Writes a book.
(c) Breaks off his engagement with Regina Olsen.
(d) Buries his dog, Maximus.
15. What country's philosophy does the philosopher who Kierkegaard opposes in Either/Or most influence?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kierkegaard undergoing after his conversion?
2. What is the main theme of Fear and Trembling?
3. How does Kierkegaard call the first piece of Stages on Life's Way?
4. What is Kierkegaard's pseudonym in Repetition?
5. What does humanity need according to Kierkegaard?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)