|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard use when he writes about the Knight of Faith with the Knight of Infinite Resignation?
(a) Impossible situations.
2. What is the name of the first volume of Either/Or?
(a) The Seducer's Diary.
(c) The Square Method.
(d) The Rotation Method.
3. What does the pseudonymous author of The Fragments resist?
(a) Discipleship of Jesus.
(b) Discovering himself.
(d) Going to church.
4. What does Kierkegaard say forms Repetition?
(c) The idea of repetition.
(d) The idea of abundance.
5. What does Kierkegaard ask but does not give answers to in the Fragments?
(a) The questions crucial to Christianity to survive modernity.
(b) Who am I?
(c) Will society resist modernity out of love of Christ?
(d) Does Christ love us when we don't love him?
6. What does Kierkegaard think his family received?
(a) Good luck.
(b) An inheritance.
(c) A curse.
(d) A gift from God.
7. Who does Kierkegaard write his pseudonymous work for according to Fear and Trembling?
(d) The public.
8. Where does the idea of Repetition derive from?
(a) Regina's life.
(b) The rise of Christian dogma.
(c) The life of Christ.
(d) Kierkegaard's own life.
9. What does Kierkegaard fight against according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 5?
(c) Subconscious aspects of the self.
(d) The Denmark State Church.
10. What does Kierkegaard argue men always appear to be biased by?
(a) His own perspective.
(c) Their environment.
(d) Their education.
11. What does Kierkegaard attempt to do according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 5?
(a) Attend church.
(b) Act as honestly as possible.
(c) Love himself.
(d) Marry Regina.
12. What does Stages on Life's Way divide according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 7?
(a) Lies and superstitions.
(b) Spheres of existence.
(d) How to love Christ.
13. What is Kierkegaard stunned by in The Journals?
(a) The power of God.
(b) His own feeling.
(c) The feelings of Chris.
(d) His own nothingness.
14. What does Kierkegaard know about himself in The Journals?
(a) He is mistaken.
(b) He loves God.
(c) He is a fraud.
(d) He is both great and small.
15. Who's letter does Either/Or contain a series of?
(c) Judge William's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do The Journals say Kierkegaard feels?
2. Who does Kierkegaard think is the most likely person to understand the ideas in Fear and Trembling?
3. What does Kierkegaard say "is given its rights"?
4. How long does it take Kierkegaard to write Fear and Trembling?
5. What does Kierkegaard give up on according to Robert Bretall Chapter 5?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)