|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard think will happen with what his family received?
(a) It will come from time to time.
(b) It will continue.
(c) It will disappear.
(d) It is something of the past.
2. What does Kierkegaard meditate on in Fear and Trembling?
(a) The resurrection.
(b) A sparrow.
(c) Abraham's call to kill his son Isaac.
(d) The incarnation.
3. Who's letter does Either/Or contain a series of?
(b) Judge William's.
4. What does Kierkegaard argue men always appear to be biased by?
(a) Their environment.
(b) Their education.
(c) His own perspective.
5. What does Kierkegaard think what his family receives is?
(a) Bad luck.
(b) A punishment.
(c) A good omen.
6. Who is Regina Olsen?
(a) Kierkegaard's agent.
(b) Kierkegaard's fiancee.
(c) Kierkegaard's sister.
(d) Kierkegaard's editor.
7. What city does Kierkegaard live in according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 5?
8. What does Kierkegaard argue the human is in?
(c) The palm of god.
9. What does the human hide from with all his energy according to Kierkegaard?
(a) His desires.
10. With what book does Kierkegaard's work reach maturity according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 6?
(a) Unscientific Postscript.
(b) The Fragments.
(c) How to be a Christian.
(d) The Journals.
11. What pseudonym does Kierkegaard use to write the second piece of Stages on Life's Way?
(a) Frater Turburus.
(b) Julius Manuterus.
(c) Frater Tactiturnus.
(d) Moter Tactimus.
12. What pseudonym does Kierkegaard use for The Fragments?
(a) Stuartus Sagitarus.
(b) Salus Salenicus.
(c) Johannes Climacus.
(d) Romanos Anasicus.
13. When does Kierkegaard write Repetition?
14. What is Kierkegaard letting himself do at the start of The Journals?
(a) Worship Christ.
(b) Pass out of himself.
(c) Indulge himself with food.
(d) Remain silent.
15. What does Kierkegaard believe lies at the center of Christianity?
(a) A religiosity of paradoxes.
(b) A cross.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard call faith?
2. What is Kierkegaard undergoing after his conversion?
3. What does Kierkegaard say "is given its rights"?
4. What does Kierkegaard ask but does not give answers to in the Fragments?
5. Which of the Two Edifying Discourses does Kierkegaard prefer?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)