|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The Attack Upon Christendom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert Bretall in Chapter 10 say the pseudonymous work aims at?
(a) Tells people the truth without fear of retaliation.
(b) Talks about the failures of Christianity.
(c) Convinces people to convert.
(d) Captures Kierkegaard the man.
2. What does Kierkegaard think Fear and Trembling will do to the reader?
(a) Terrify him.
(b) Make him think.
(c) Make him convert.
(d) Amuse him.
3. What does Kierkegaard argue is the heart of the public?
(a) The law.
(d) The press.
4. Who is Regina Olsen?
(a) Kierkegaard's sister.
(b) Kierkegaard's fiancee.
(c) Kierkegaard's editor.
(d) Kierkegaard's agent.
5. What does Kierkegaard say must stop being the ultimate goal and motivation for life in Stages of Life's Way?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kierkegaard feeling at the start of The Journals?
2. What does Kierkegaard argue life is?
3. How many realms does Stages on Life's Way discuss?
4. What are Kierkegaard's political views?
5. What does Kierkegaard give up on according to Robert Bretall Chapter 5?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)