|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The Attack Upon Christendom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Bishop Mynster?
(a) Kierkegaard's editor.
(b) A rival writer.
(c) Denmark's head bishop.
(d) A friend fo the family.
2. What does Kierkegaard argue Christendom is ruled by?
(b) The pope.
3. According to Robert Bretall in Chapter 11, what does Kierkegaard see the truth as?
(a) What moves toward unity or the complete.
(b) An illusion.
(c) The word of Christ.
(d) A noble goal.
4. What does Kierkegaard argue people think about Christ teachings?
(a) They are suspicious of them.
(b) They love them.
(c) They are offended by them.
(d) They do not respect them.
5. Who does Kierkegaard write his pseudonymous work for according to Fear and Trembling?
(c) The public.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who's lecture does Kierkegaard attend?
2. Outside of what does Fear and Trembling not make sense?
3. When were the last of Kierkegaard aesthetic writings published according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 7?
4. What does Robert Bretall say is difficult to discern in Kierkegaard's writing?
5. What is the title of the conclusion of Concluding Unscientific Postscript?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)