|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The Attack Upon Christendom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the human hide from with all his energy according to Kierkegaard?
(b) His desires.
2. What does Kierkegaard argue is both a trap and an illusion?
(c) Organized religion.
(d) His books.
3. What is Kierkegaard letting himself do at the start of The Journals?
(a) Worship Christ.
(b) Pass out of himself.
(c) Indulge himself with food.
(d) Remain silent.
4. How does Kierkegaard describe what Christians call sin?
5. What does Kierkegaard's work focus on?
(a) How to sever our link to the organized church.
(b) How to love Christ.
(c) What it means to be a Christian in a Christian society.
(d) How to be a better person.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Christ's contemporary accept Christ despite of?
2. What does Kierkegaard think his family received?
3. What does Kierkegaard think will happen with what his family received?
4. What does Kierkegaard meditate on in Fear and Trembling?
5. What does Kierkegaard focus on in Two Discourses?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)