|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The Attack Upon Christendom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does The Sickness Unto Death argue the person is?
(a) A ghost.
(b) A spirit.
(c) The son of Christ.
2. With what book does Kierkegaard's work reach maturity according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 6?
(a) The Journals.
(b) The Fragments.
(c) Unscientific Postscript.
(d) How to be a Christian.
3. What does Kierkegaard argue a Christian needs to be?
(a) A follower.
(b) An Apostle.
(c) A leader.
(d) A prophet.
4. What is Kierkegaard aware of concerning Fear and Trembling?
(a) Everyone will hate it.
(b) It is not that good.
(c) It will be translated into many languages.
(d) The Denmark Church will be offended.
5. What does Christ's contemporary accept Christ despite of?
(a) Peer pressure.
(b) It's radical costs.
(c) Church donations.
(d) Overbearing dogma.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kierkegaard see the move towards equality as being?
2. What is Kierkegaard running out of while writing The Journals?
3. What does Kierkegaard argue we always place our consciousness in?
4. How do the common people see Kierkegaard according to Chapter 9?
5. What does the human hide from with all his energy according to Kierkegaard?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)