|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The Attack Upon Christendom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard say the Danish State Church is?
(a) Too worldly and afraid.
(c) Not strong enough.
2. What does Kierkegaard claim concerning man and the self in The Sickness Unto Death?
(a) Man and the self are insignificant.
(b) The self is Christ.
(c) Man and Christ are the self.
(d) Man is not yet a self.
3. Who's letter does Either/Or contain a series of?
(d) Judge William's.
4. Who is still famous for maintaining the doctrine of Justification by Faith against the Catholic view of merit and indulgence?
(a) The Pope.
(b) The Anglican Church.
(c) The head of the Denmark State Church.
(d) Martin Luther.
5. What does Kierkegaard resonate with concerning spirituality?
(a) Papal teachings.
(b) Denmark State Church.
(c) Hegel's views.
(d) Catholic monastic life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kierkegaard feeling at the start of The Journals?
2. What does Kierkegaard say of the truth that teaches and builds up the human person in Two Edifying Discourses?
3. What do Two Discourses and Works of Love have in common according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 15?
4. What does Robert Bretall think of Repetition?
5. What do many Catholics argue Kierkegaard would have done had he lived?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)