|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The Attack Upon Christendom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Kierkegaard at the age of his conversion?
(a) 14 years old.
(b) 25 years old.
(c) 35 years old.
(d) 26 years old.
2. What does Kierkegaard distinguish between in Either/Or?
(a) Direct and indirect communication.
(b) Catholics and Protestant dogma.
(c) Life and death.
(d) Love and hate.
3. What does Stages on Life's Way divide according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 7?
(b) Lies and superstitions.
(c) Spheres of existence.
(d) How to love Christ.
4. Where does Kierkegaard argue truth is found?
(a) In Hegel's writings.
(b) In Christ.
(c) In the relationship between the subject and his object.
(d) Inside oneself.
5. What does Kierkegaard argue would negate him?
(a) To be included in a whole.
(b) To stop writing.
(c) To agree with Hegel.
(d) To be loved by Christ.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what book is a large portion reproduced in Either/Or?
2. How does Kierkegaard characterize his interpretation of the facts after his conversion?
3. What is Kierkegaard aware of in The Journals?
4. What does Kierkegaard argue man is not?
5. What is Kierkegaard feeling at the start of The Journals?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)