|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The Attack Upon Christendom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard say being a Christian requires?
(a) Follow the Bible and not the state church's interpretation of it.
(b) Finding a place between offense and rejecting the possibility of offense.
(c) Follow the Church and its dogma the best you can.
(d) Follow Christ whatever the cost.
2. With what book does Kierkegaard's work reach maturity according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 6?
(a) How to be a Christian.
(b) The Fragments.
(c) The Journals.
(d) Unscientific Postscript.
3. What does Kierkegaard give up on according to Robert Bretall Chapter 5?
(a) Marrying Regina.
(c) Going to Church.
4. What is the main theme of Fear and Trembling?
(d) The encounter between the individual and the universe.
5. Who is the criticism of Kierkegaard targeted at?
(a) Bishop Mynster.
(b) The Denmark State Church.
(d) The whole Christian world.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard think Fear and Trembling represents?
2. What does Kierkegaard argue man is not?
3. What does Kierkegaard say of the realms discussed in Stages on Life's Way?
4. What does the meditation in Fear and Trembling illustrate?
5. What does Kierkegaard think Bishop Mynster did not witness?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)