|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The Attack Upon Christendom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard say truth is discovered in?
(c) One self.
(d) The heart.
2. What does Kierkegaard say being a Christian requires?
(a) Follow Christ whatever the cost.
(b) Finding a place between offense and rejecting the possibility of offense.
(c) Follow the Bible and not the state church's interpretation of it.
(d) Follow the Church and its dogma the best you can.
3. Outside of what does Fear and Trembling not make sense?
(a) The Protestant faith.
(c) Kierkegaard's life.
(d) An asylum.
4. When does Kierkegaard argue that action is only comprehensible?
(a) When told to.
(b) When Christ is present.
(c) When faith guides our actions.
(d) When there is possibility.
5. What other work does Kierkegaard produce during the period in which he writes The Journals?
(a) 5 pamphlets.
(c) 2 novels.
(d) 3 books.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kierkegaard stunned by in The Journals?
2. What does Kierkegaard feel about the prevalent ideas about the universe and distinction?
3. What does Kierkegaard think Bishop Mynster did not witness?
4. Who was Bishop Mynster?
5. What topic does Either/Or end with?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)