|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The Attack Upon Christendom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does The Sickness Unto Death argue the person is?
(a) A spirit.
(b) The son of Christ.
(c) A ghost.
2. What does Works of Love focus on?
(b) Marriage and commitment.
(c) The human reponse to the divine initiative
(d) Christ and dogma.
3. What does Kierkegaard say the Danish State Church is?
(a) Too worldly and afraid.
(c) Not strong enough.
4. What are the Two Edifying Discourse written for?
(a) Contradict Hegel.
(b) Make money.
(c) Seduce Regina.
(d) To strengthen the faith of the individual.
5. Where does Kierkegaard argue truth is found?
(a) In Christ.
(b) Inside oneself.
(c) In Hegel's writings.
(d) In the relationship between the subject and his object.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Kierkegaard write Repetition?
2. Who does Kierkegaard argue a Christian must follow despite his being rejected by the world?
3. What is the author arguing is more important than the content of Either/Or?
4. What does Kierkegaard argue is both a trap and an illusion?
5. What does Robert Bretall in Chapter 11 say Kierkegaard rejects and critiques?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)