|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The Attack Upon Christendom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard claim concerning man and the self in The Sickness Unto Death?
(a) The self is Christ.
(b) Man and the self are insignificant.
(c) Man and Christ are the self.
(d) Man is not yet a self.
2. Who's lecture does Kierkegaard attend?
(b) Igor Stensen's.
3. Where does the idea of Repetition derive from?
(a) The life of Christ.
(b) Kierkegaard's own life.
(c) Regina's life.
(d) The rise of Christian dogma.
4. What does Kierkegaard believe the problem with modern Christianity is?
(a) It is unforgiving.
(b) It is not in touch with reality.
(c) It removes the possibility of offense despite how offensive it is.
(d) It relies on dogma too much.
5. What does Kierkegaard know about himself in The Journals?
(a) He is both great and small.
(b) He loves God.
(c) He is a fraud.
(d) He is mistaken.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Kierkegaard's political views?
2. How does Kierkegaard characterize Hegel's thinking?
3. What does Kierkegaard argue the human is in?
4. What does Robert Bretall in Chapter 11 say about the views of Kierkegaard on Christianity the year before he dies?
5. What country's philosophy does the philosopher who Kierkegaard opposes in Either/Or most influence?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)