|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The Attack Upon Christendom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kierkegaard describe what Christians call sin?
2. What does Kierkegaard argue the human is in?
(c) The palm of god.
3. What does Hegel think truth is according to Chapter 8?
(b) Christ's love.
(c) That men need to know Christ.
(d) A whole.
4. What does Kierkegaard think of Bishop Mynster's sermons?
(a) They are disconnected from reality.
(b) They are good.
(c) They are too long.
(d) They are outrageous.
5. What does Robert Bretall think of Repetition?
(a) It is a humorist's piece.
(b) It is Kierkegaard's best work of literature.
(c) It is one of the worse works by Kierkegaard.
(d) It is full of holes in logic.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many realms does Stages on Life's Way discuss?
2. What cities does Kierkegaard write Either/Or in?
3. Who does Kierkegaard think is the most likely person to understand the ideas in Fear and Trembling?
4. What do many intellectuals agree on in the 19th century concerning the universe?
5. What city does Kierkegaard live in according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 5?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)