|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The Attack Upon Christendom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What period do The Journals cover?
(a) 1851 to 1854.
(b) 1856 to 1859.
(c) 1845 to 1856.
(d) 1851 to 1856.
2. How does Kierkegaard characterize his interpretation of the facts after his conversion?
3. How many realms does Stages on Life's Way discuss?
(a) 3 realms.
(b) 4 realms.
(c) 2 realms.
(d) 5 realms.
4. What does Kierkegaard argue life is?
(a) The time between our acceptance of the love of Christ and our death.
(b) A series of stark choices.
(c) The time between our birth and our death.
(d) A series of moments.
5. In Chapter 13, what does Robert Bretall argue 1848 is for Kierkegaard's writing?
(a) The year he realizes he still loves Regina.
(b) The year he starts doubting Christ.
(c) The height of his productivity.
(d) The year of his first commercial success.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard give up on according to Robert Bretall Chapter 5?
2. What does Kierkegaard realize in "Rest at the foot of the altar"?
3. What is Kierkegaard stunned by in The Journals?
4. What does Kierkegaard argue is the heart of the public?
5. When were the last of Kierkegaard aesthetic writings published according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 7?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)