|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The Attack Upon Christendom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard fight against according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 5?
(b) The Denmark State Church.
(c) Subconscious aspects of the self.
2. Where does Kierkegaard argue truth is found?
(a) Inside oneself.
(b) In Hegel's writings.
(c) In Christ.
(d) In the relationship between the subject and his object.
3. What does Kierkegaard argue is both a trap and an illusion?
(a) Organized religion.
(c) His books.
4. What does Kierkegaard meditate on in Fear and Trembling?
(a) Abraham's call to kill his son Isaac.
(b) A sparrow.
(c) The incarnation.
(d) The resurrection.
5. Where does The Journals say Kierkegaard was on July 29, 1835?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard argue is merely foreshadowed in Stages on Life's Way?
2. What does the human hide from with all his energy according to Kierkegaard?
3. What does The Sickness Unto Death argue the self is?
4. What does Kierkegaard focus on in Two Discourses?
5. What does Kierkegaard argue a Christian needs to be?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)