|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The Attack Upon Christendom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main theme of Fear and Trembling?
(a) The encounter between the individual and the universe.
2. What pseudonym does Kierkegaard use for The Fragments?
(a) Stuartus Sagitarus.
(b) Romanos Anasicus.
(c) Johannes Climacus.
(d) Salus Salenicus.
3. What religion does Robert Bretall in Chapter 11 say Kierkegaard follows?
4. What does Kierkegaard argue the human is in?
(d) The palm of god.
5. What does Kierkegaard say truth is discovered in?
(b) The heart.
(c) One self.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert Bretall in Chapter 10 say Kierkegaard's work written under his own name aims at?
2. Who does Bishop Mynster's eulogy compare him to?
3. What does Chapter 1 say Kierkegaard is conflicted between?
4. What do many intellectuals agree on in the 19th century concerning distinctions?
5. Where does the idea of Repetition derive from?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)