|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The Attack Upon Christendom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Bishop Mynster die?
2. Who does Kierkegaard argue is attracted by Christ and his doctrines?
(b) No one.
(c) Good people.
(d) Smart people.
3. What book sets the stage for Kierkegaard's mature work?
(a) The Journals.
(b) Seducer's Diary.
(c) The Fragments.
(d) How to be a Christian.
4. What does Kierkegaard use when he writes about the Knight of Faith with the Knight of Infinite Resignation?
(c) Impossible situations.
5. What does Kierkegaard argue people think about Christ teachings?
(a) They do not respect them.
(b) They love them.
(c) They are suspicious of them.
(d) They are offended by them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard argue life is?
2. Where does The Journals say Kierkegaard was on July 29, 1835?
3. What does humanity need according to Kierkegaard?
4. What pseudonym does Kierkegaard use to write the second piece of Stages on Life's Way?
5. Who does Bishop Mynster's eulogy compare him to?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)