|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The Attack Upon Christendom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard do before leaving for Berlin at the star of Either/Or?
(a) Buries his dog, Maximus.
(b) Writes a book.
(c) Goes to church.
(d) Breaks off his engagement with Regina Olsen.
2. What does Kierkegaard give up on according to Robert Bretall Chapter 5?
(b) Going to Church.
(c) Marrying Regina.
3. What does Kierkegaard argue antiquity was ruled by?
(a) The Pope.
4. What does Robert Bretall in Chapter 13 argue The Sickness Unto Death tries to understand?
(a) The corruption within each man.
(b) The love of Christ.
(c) The role of the church in the state.
5. What does Kierkegaard argue the human is in?
(a) The palm of god.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do The Journals say Kierkegaard feels?
2. What is The Journals the forbearer of?
3. Who does Bishop Mynster's eulogy compare him to?
4. What does Kierkegaard argue men are in the modern age?
5. What is Kierkegaard feeling at the start of The Journals?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)