|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The Attack Upon Christendom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the preface of Two Discourses?
(a) Bishop Hollaf.
(b) Kierkegaard himself.
(d) Regina Olsen.
2. When does Kierkegaard argue that action is only comprehensible?
(a) When faith guides our actions.
(b) When told to.
(c) When Christ is present.
(d) When there is possibility.
3. What is the author arguing is more important than the content of Either/Or?
(a) Kierkegaard's analysis.
(b) The way the book was launched.
(c) The title.
(d) Kierkegaard's footnotes.
4. What is the main theme of Fear and Trembling?
(d) The encounter between the individual and the universe.
5. Who did Bishop Mynster influence?
(b) Kierkegaard's father.
(d) Kierkegaard himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What cities does Kierkegaard write Either/Or in?
2. What does the first piece of Stages on Life's Way cover?
3. What does Kierkegaard argue the present is ruled by?
4. What does Robert Bretall in Chapter 11 say about the views of Kierkegaard on Christianity the year before he dies?
5. What does Kierkegaard think Fear and Trembling represents?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)