|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The Attack Upon Christendom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What period do The Journals cover?
(a) 1845 to 1856.
(b) 1851 to 1854.
(c) 1851 to 1856.
(d) 1856 to 1859.
2. How does Kierkegaard characterize his interpretation of the facts after his conversion?
3. What is Kierkegaard running out of while writing The Journals?
(d) Support in the church.
4. What does Kierkegaard argue the human is in?
(b) The palm of god.
5. What does Kierkegaard say of the truth that teaches and builds up the human person in Two Edifying Discourses?
(a) It is useless.
(b) It is the only truth worth having.
(c) It is the only truth that can make a difference in our lives.
(d) It is one truth among many.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the first volume of Either/Or?
2. What do many intellectuals agree on in the 19th century concerning the universe?
3. Where does The Journals say Kierkegaard was on July 29, 1835?
4. What does Kierkegaard use when he writes about the Knight of Faith with the Knight of Infinite Resignation?
5. What is Kierkegaard stunned by in The Journals?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)