|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The Attack Upon Christendom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the best known section of Stages on Life's Way?
(a) The banquet.
(b) The meal.
(c) The last supper.
(d) The restaurant.
2. Where does The Journals say Kierkegaard was on July 29, 1835?
3. What does Kierkegaard focus on in Two Discourses?
(a) The word of Christ.
(b) The divine initiative.
(c) Personal interpretation of the Bible.
(d) Churches and dogma.
4. Who does Kierkegaard argue is attracted by Christ and his doctrines?
(a) No one.
(b) Smart people.
(c) Good people.
5. What type of text does Kierkegaard routinely publish under his own name according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 10?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard say of the truth that teaches and builds up the human person in Two Edifying Discourses?
2. How does Kierkegaard characterize Hegel's thinking?
3. What does Kierkegaard's pseudonymous writing tell part of?
4. What do many intellectuals agree on in the 19th century concerning distinctions?
5. What does Kierkegaard say truth is constituted of?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)