|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The Attack Upon Christendom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does The Sickness Unto Death define?
(a) The spirit and the self.
(b) Love and hatred.
(c) The self.
2. How does Kierkegaard define truth in Concluding Unscientific Postscript?
3. Who does Kierkegaard write his pseudonymous work for according to Fear and Trembling?
(c) The public.
4. What does Robert Bretall say is difficult to discern in Kierkegaard's writing?
(a) Which aspects of Kierkegaard are present.
(b) Who he is talking to.
(c) If the love of Christ guides him.
(d) If he is Christian.
5. What pseudonym does Kierkegaard use to publish Either/Or?
(a) Emile Proust.
(b) Victor Eremita.
(c) Sophie Marcus.
(d) Marcus Temporarus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do many Catholics argue Kierkegaard would have done had he lived?
2. Who does Kierkegaard argue rules in the modern age?
3. What does Kierkegaard resonate with concerning spirituality?
4. When is Concluding Unscientific Postscript published?
5. What does Kierkegaard think will happen with what his family received?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)