|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The Attack Upon Christendom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Bishop Mynster?
(a) A rival writer.
(b) Kierkegaard's editor.
(c) A friend fo the family.
(d) Denmark's head bishop.
2. What does Kierkegaard say of the truth that teaches and builds up the human person in Two Edifying Discourses?
(a) It is one truth among many.
(b) It is useless.
(c) It is the only truth worth having.
(d) It is the only truth that can make a difference in our lives.
3. What is the central concept of Training in Christianity?
(a) Being "contemporaneous with Christ."
(b) How to mimic the apostles.
(c) Follow the church dogma to the letter.
(d) Love Christ without question.
4. What is Kierkegaard feeling at the start of The Journals?
5. What does Kierkegaard argue the truth is outside of?
(b) The other.
(d) The self.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard argue Hegel's vision of the world of reason does to the idea of possibility?
2. What pseudonym does Kierkegaard use for The Fragments?
3. What does Kierkegaard say he cannot do with Regina?
4. What does Kierkegaard argue the present is ruled by?
5. What shall not fall to the ground without the will of the Father according to The Journals?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)