|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The Attack Upon Christendom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chapter 8 say about Hegel and his followers?
(a) They refuse to debate.
(b) They do not compromise.
(c) They are good men.
(d) They are savages in every way.
2. What does The Sickness Unto Death argue the self is?
(a) A relation that relates to itself.
(b) The part of man that thinks.
(c) The part of man that does not love Christ.
(d) The whole of man.
3. Who does Kierkegaard argue rules in the modern age?
(d) The public.
4. What does Kierkegaard argue men always appear to be biased by?
(a) His own perspective.
(b) Their education.
(c) Their environment.
5. How long does it take Kierkegaard to write Fear and Trembling?
(a) Less than 60 days.
(b) 5 months.
(c) 35 days.
(d) 2 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard argue the present is ruled by?
2. What does Kierkegaard argue life is?
3. What does Kierkegaard do before leaving for Berlin at the star of Either/Or?
4. What is the name of the first volume of Either/Or?
5. How does Kierkegaard see the move towards equality as being?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)