|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Training in Christianity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard argue is the heart of the public?
(c) The press.
(d) The law.
2. What prevents the hero in Repetition from finding what he wants?
(b) His depression and introspection.
(c) His love of God.
(d) His family.
3. What does Kierkegaard say "is given its rights"?
(b) The religious realm.
4. What does Kierkegaard believe lies at the center of Christianity?
(a) A cross.
(d) A religiosity of paradoxes.
5. What does Kierkegaard think Fear and Trembling represents?
(a) The word of Christ.
(b) His entire life.
(c) His childhood.
(d) Regina's past.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert Bretall say is difficult to discern in Kierkegaard's writing?
2. What does Kierkegaard argue is required to be Christ's contemporary?
3. What does the human hide from with all his energy according to Kierkegaard?
4. How old is Kierkegaard at the age of his conversion?
5. What does Kierkegaard argue men are in the modern age?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)