|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Training in Christianity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What pseudonym does Kierkegaard use to publish Either/Or?
(a) Sophie Marcus.
(b) Victor Eremita.
(c) Marcus Temporarus.
(d) Emile Proust.
2. What does Kierkegaard say of the realms discussed in Stages on Life's Way?
(a) They are all concrete forms of existance.
(b) They are all divided in 3.
(c) They all need Christ to make sense.
(d) They can all be mastered.
3. What type of text does Kierkegaard routinely publish under his own name according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 10?
4. What do truth and art require according to Fear and Trembling?
(a) The hand of Christ.
(c) Love of God.
(d) An acquaintance with bias.
5. How does Kierkegaard characterize his interpretation of the facts after his conversion?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard give up on according to Robert Bretall Chapter 5?
2. What does Kierkegaard say forms Repetition?
3. What does Kierkegaard argue man is not?
4. What does Robert Bretall in Chapter 13 argue The Sickness Unto Death tries to understand?
5. What do many intellectuals agree on in the 19th century concerning the universe?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)