|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Training in Christianity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kierkegaard feeling at the start of The Journals?
2. What does Kierkegaard do before leaving for Berlin at the star of Either/Or?
(a) Writes a book.
(b) Buries his dog, Maximus.
(c) Goes to church.
(d) Breaks off his engagement with Regina Olsen.
3. What does Robert Bretall in Chapter 14 say Kierkegaard thinks of Training in Christianity?
(a) It is his favorite work.
(b) It is weak.
(c) It does not go far enough.
(d) It is too long.
4. What do many Catholics argue Kierkegaard would have done had he lived?
(a) Convert to Catholicism.
(b) Write another book.
(c) Reject Christ.
(d) Become a priest.
5. What does the human hide from with all his energy according to Kierkegaard?
(c) His desires.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard fight against according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 5?
2. What does Kierkegaard say being a Christian requires?
3. Who's lecture does Kierkegaard attend?
4. What does Kierkegaard think his family received?
5. What prevents the hero in Repetition from finding what he wants?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)