|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Training in Christianity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What pseudonym does Kierkegaard use to publish Either/Or?
(a) Emile Proust.
(b) Victor Eremita.
(c) Sophie Marcus.
(d) Marcus Temporarus.
2. What is the author arguing is more important than the content of Either/Or?
(a) Kierkegaard's analysis.
(b) The way the book was launched.
(c) The title.
(d) Kierkegaard's footnotes.
3. What topic does Either/Or end with?
4. What pseudonym does Kierkegaard use to write the second piece of Stages on Life's Way?
(a) Frater Turburus.
(b) Julius Manuterus.
(c) Frater Tactiturnus.
(d) Moter Tactimus.
5. Who is still famous for maintaining the doctrine of Justification by Faith against the Catholic view of merit and indulgence?
(a) The Pope.
(b) The Anglican Church.
(c) The head of the Denmark State Church.
(d) Martin Luther.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert Bretall in Chapter 14 say Kierkegaard thinks of Training in Christianity?
2. What does Kierkegaard do before leaving for Berlin at the star of Either/Or?
3. What is the main theme of Fear and Trembling?
4. What pseudonym does Kierkegaard use for The Fragments?
5. What does Kierkegaard argue the present is ruled by?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)