|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Training in Christianity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard fight against according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 5?
(a) Subconscious aspects of the self.
(c) The Denmark State Church.
2. What does Kierkegaard ask but does not give answers to in the Fragments?
(a) Does Christ love us when we don't love him?
(b) Will society resist modernity out of love of Christ?
(c) Who am I?
(d) The questions crucial to Christianity to survive modernity.
3. What topic does Either/Or end with?
4. What does the first letter in Either/Or analyze?
(b) God's influence on mankind.
(d) Romantic love.
5. What does Kierkegaard meditate on in Fear and Trembling?
(a) Abraham's call to kill his son Isaac.
(b) The incarnation.
(c) A sparrow.
(d) The resurrection.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard argue we always place our consciousness in?
2. What does Stages on Life's Way divide according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 7?
3. What does Kierkegaard argue the human is in?
4. Who does Kierkegaard think is the most likely person to understand the ideas in Fear and Trembling?
5. When were the last of Kierkegaard aesthetic writings published according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 7?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)