|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Training in Christianity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what book does Kierkegaard's work reach maturity according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 6?
(a) The Journals.
(b) The Fragments.
(c) How to be a Christian.
(d) Unscientific Postscript.
2. What is Kierkegaard feeling at the start of The Journals?
3. What does the meditation in Fear and Trembling illustrate?
(a) Kierkegaard's love for Regina.
(b) Kierkegaard's happiness.
(c) Kierkegaard's regrets.
(d) Kierkegaard's love for mistery.
4. What does Kierkegaard use when he writes about the Knight of Faith with the Knight of Infinite Resignation?
(d) Impossible situations.
5. What does Kierkegaard argue major choices in life are choices of?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Freud's ideas does Kierkegaard prefigure in The Sickness Unto Death?
2. What do many Catholics argue Kierkegaard would have done had he lived?
3. What does Kierkegaard's pseudonymous writing tell part of?
4. What does Kierkegaard argue Christendom is ruled by?
5. What are Kierkegaard's political views?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)