|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Training in Christianity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard claim concerning man and the self in The Sickness Unto Death?
(a) Man is not yet a self.
(b) The self is Christ.
(c) Man and Christ are the self.
(d) Man and the self are insignificant.
2. According to Robert Bretall in Chapter 11, what does Kierkegaard see the truth as?
(a) The word of Christ.
(b) What moves toward unity or the complete.
(c) An illusion.
(d) A noble goal.
3. What does The Sickness Unto Death argue the self is?
(a) The part of man that does not love Christ.
(b) A relation that relates to itself.
(c) The part of man that thinks.
(d) The whole of man.
4. What does Kierkegaard argue cannot be improved or hurt by social organization?
(b) An individual's value.
(c) The law.
5. What pseudonym does Kierkegaard use to write the second piece of Stages on Life's Way?
(a) Moter Tactimus.
(b) Frater Turburus.
(c) Julius Manuterus.
(d) Frater Tactiturnus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What novel does Robert Bretall in Chapter 9 say Kierkegaard reviewed after the publication of Concluding Unscientific Postscript?
2. How does Kierkegaard characterize Hegel's thinking?
3. What do truth and art require according to Fear and Trembling?
4. What does Robert Bretall in Chapter 11 say about the views of Kierkegaard on Christianity the year before he dies?
5. How many realms does Stages on Life's Way discuss?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)