|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Training in Christianity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard use when he writes about the Knight of Faith with the Knight of Infinite Resignation?
(a) Impossible situations.
2. What book sets the stage for Kierkegaard's mature work?
(a) Seducer's Diary.
(b) The Fragments.
(c) The Journals.
(d) How to be a Christian.
3. What does Stages on Life's Way divide according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 7?
(b) How to love Christ.
(c) Spheres of existence.
(d) Lies and superstitions.
4. What does Kierkegaard say being a Christian requires?
(a) Follow Christ whatever the cost.
(b) Follow the Church and its dogma the best you can.
(c) Follow the Bible and not the state church's interpretation of it.
(d) Finding a place between offense and rejecting the possibility of offense.
5. What does Robert Bretall in Chapter 13 argue The Sickness Unto Death tries to understand?
(a) The role of the church in the state.
(b) The corruption within each man.
(c) The love of Christ.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Kierkegaard argue is attracted by Christ and his doctrines?
2. What do many intellectuals agree on in the 19th century concerning the universe?
3. What does Kierkegaard argue the truth is outside of?
4. What does Kierkegaard attempt to do according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 5?
5. What is Kierkegaard aware of concerning Fear and Trembling?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)