|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Training in Christianity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard argue would negate him?
(a) To be included in a whole.
(b) To be loved by Christ.
(c) To stop writing.
(d) To agree with Hegel.
2. When is Concluding Unscientific Postscript published?
3. What does Robert Bretall in Chapter 10 say the pseudonymous work aims at?
(a) Tells people the truth without fear of retaliation.
(b) Convinces people to convert.
(c) Captures Kierkegaard the man.
(d) Talks about the failures of Christianity.
4. What does the meditation in Fear and Trembling illustrate?
(a) Kierkegaard's happiness.
(b) Kierkegaard's love for mistery.
(c) Kierkegaard's love for Regina.
(d) Kierkegaard's regrets.
5. What pseudonym does Kierkegaard use for The Fragments?
(a) Stuartus Sagitarus.
(b) Johannes Climacus.
(c) Salus Salenicus.
(d) Romanos Anasicus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard do before leaving for Berlin at the star of Either/Or?
2. Who does Kierkegaard think is the most likely person to understand the ideas in Fear and Trembling?
3. What is Kierkegaard aware of in The Journals?
4. What does Robert Bretall in Chapter 11 say Kierkegaard rejects and critiques?
5. What does Kierkegaard argue Hegel's vision of the world of reason does to the idea of possibility?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)