|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Training in Christianity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard think The Sickness Unto Death contains too much of?
(b) References to Christ.
(c) Discussion to effectively use rhetoric.
(d) Long sentence.
2. Who is Regina Olsen?
(a) Kierkegaard's editor.
(b) Kierkegaard's sister.
(c) Kierkegaard's fiancee.
(d) Kierkegaard's agent.
3. Where does the idea of Repetition derive from?
(a) The rise of Christian dogma.
(b) The life of Christ.
(c) Kierkegaard's own life.
(d) Regina's life.
4. What does The Sickness Unto Death argue is contained within man?
(b) The infinite and the finite.
(d) The self.
5. What does the first letter in Either/Or analyze?
(b) God's influence on mankind.
(c) Romantic love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard argue is required to be Christ's contemporary?
2. What do many intellectuals agree on in the 19th century concerning the universe?
3. Who does Kierkegaard argue a Christian must follow despite his being rejected by the world?
4. What does Kierkegaard say of the truth that teaches and builds up the human person in Two Edifying Discourses?
5. What does Kierkegaard ask but does not give answers to in the Fragments?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)