|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Training in Christianity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Kierkegaard argue a Christian must follow despite his being rejected by the world?
(a) The church.
(d) His writings.
2. What is the central concept of Training in Christianity?
(a) Follow the church dogma to the letter.
(b) Love Christ without question.
(c) How to mimic the apostles.
(d) Being "contemporaneous with Christ."
3. What does Kierkegaard meditate on in Fear and Trembling?
(a) The incarnation.
(b) A sparrow.
(c) The resurrection.
(d) Abraham's call to kill his son Isaac.
4. What does Kierkegaard say truth is discovered in?
(c) The heart.
(d) One self.
5. What does Robert Bretall in Chapter 10 say the pseudonymous work aims at?
(a) Convinces people to convert.
(b) Captures Kierkegaard the man.
(c) Tells people the truth without fear of retaliation.
(d) Talks about the failures of Christianity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert Bretall say Kierkegaard is in the Two Edifying Discourses?
2. According to Robert Bretall in Chapter 11, what does Kierkegaard see the truth as?
3. How does Kierkegaard define truth in Concluding Unscientific Postscript?
4. What is Kierkegaard's pseudonym in Repetition?
5. What name does Kierkegaard use to publish the Two Edifying Discourses?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)