|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Training in Christianity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard believe the problem with modern Christianity is?
(a) It removes the possibility of offense despite how offensive it is.
(b) It is not in touch with reality.
(c) It is unforgiving.
(d) It relies on dogma too much.
2. What religion does Robert Bretall in Chapter 11 say Kierkegaard follows?
3. Who does Kierkegaard argue a Christian must follow despite his being rejected by the world?
(b) The church.
(d) His writings.
4. What does Robert Bretall in Chapter 11 say about the views of Kierkegaard on Christianity the year before he dies?
(a) He will be disillusioned.
(b) He will think that Christianity is stronger than ever.
(c) He will reject Christ.
(d) He will convert to Catholicism.
5. What does Kierkegaard say truth is discovered in?
(b) One self.
(c) The heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kierkegaard feeling at the start of The Journals?
2. What does Kierkegaard say he cannot do with Regina?
3. What does Robert Bretall say is difficult to discern in Kierkegaard's writing?
4. What is the name of the first volume of Either/Or?
5. What does Robert Bretall in Chapter 13 argue The Sickness Unto Death tries to understand?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)