|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Training in Christianity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kierkegaard aware of in The Journals?
(a) His self interest.
(b) His longing for Regina.
(c) His nothingness.
(d) His errors.
2. What pseudonym does Kierkegaard use to write the second piece of Stages on Life's Way?
(a) Frater Turburus.
(b) Moter Tactimus.
(c) Julius Manuterus.
(d) Frater Tactiturnus.
3. Who does Kierkegaard argue rules in the modern age?
(c) The public.
4. What does the human hide from with all his energy according to Kierkegaard?
(c) His desires.
5. How does Kierkegaard see the move towards equality as being?
(a) An illusion.
(b) A mistake.
(c) As progress.
(d) As regression.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Repetition have that lacks in many of Kierkegaard's works?
2. Who is still famous for maintaining the doctrine of Justification by Faith against the Catholic view of merit and indulgence?
3. Who does The Sickness Unto Death argue the person is?
4. What prevents the hero in Repetition from finding what he wants?
5. What does the pseudonymous author of The Fragments resist?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)