|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Training in Christianity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert Bretall say is difficult to discern in Kierkegaard's writing?
(a) Who he is talking to.
(b) If he is Christian.
(c) If the love of Christ guides him.
(d) Which aspects of Kierkegaard are present.
2. What does Kierkegaard argue men always appear to be biased by?
(a) Their environment.
(c) Their education.
(d) His own perspective.
3. What does Kierkegaard say must stop being the ultimate goal and motivation for life in Stages of Life's Way?
4. What does Kierkegaard believe the problem with modern Christianity is?
(a) It is unforgiving.
(b) It relies on dogma too much.
(c) It is not in touch with reality.
(d) It removes the possibility of offense despite how offensive it is.
5. What does Kierkegaard argue the truth is outside of?
(b) The self.
(d) The other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard use when he writes about the Knight of Faith with the Knight of Infinite Resignation?
2. What does Kierkegaard argue a Christian needs to be?
3. What does Robert Bretall think of Repetition?
4. What does Kierkegaard say of the truth that teaches and builds up the human person in Two Edifying Discourses?
5. When is Concluding Unscientific Postscript published?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)