|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Training in Christianity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prevents the hero in Repetition from finding what he wants?
(a) His love of God.
(b) His depression and introspection.
(d) His family.
2. What does Kierkegaard argue major choices in life are choices of?
3. What city does Kierkegaard live in according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 5?
4. What does Chapter 1 say Kierkegaard is conflicted between?
(a) Love and hate.
(b) Love and despair.
(c) Wonder and despair.
(d) Wonder and hate.
5. What does Kierkegaard argue man is not?
(c) What he is in principle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do many intellectuals agree on in the 19th century concerning distinctions?
2. What is the name of the first volume of Either/Or?
3. What does Kierkegaard argue we always place our consciousness in?
4. What does Kierkegaard say truth is constituted of?
5. What is Kierkegaard's pseudonym in Repetition?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)