|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Training in Christianity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of the conclusion of Concluding Unscientific Postscript?
(a) How to become a Christian.
(b) The Journals.
(c) Seducer's Diary.
(d) How to become a Protestant.
2. How does Kierkegaard characterize his interpretation of the facts after his conversion?
3. What does Kierkegaard think Fear and Trembling represents?
(a) His childhood.
(b) His entire life.
(c) The word of Christ.
(d) Regina's past.
4. What does Robert Bretall in Chapter 14 say Kierkegaard thinks of Training in Christianity?
(a) It is his favorite work.
(b) It is too long.
(c) It is weak.
(d) It does not go far enough.
5. Where does the idea of Repetition derive from?
(a) Kierkegaard's own life.
(b) The life of Christ.
(c) Regina's life.
(d) The rise of Christian dogma.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard's work focus on?
2. What does Kierkegaard feel about the prevalent ideas about the universe and distinction?
3. What does Robert Bretall in Chapter 13 argue The Sickness Unto Death tries to understand?
4. What does Kierkegaard argue Hegel's vision of the world of reason does to the idea of possibility?
5. What does Kierkegaard argue must be separated from society and reason?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)