|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Training in Christianity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book sets the stage for Kierkegaard's mature work?
(a) Seducer's Diary.
(b) The Fragments.
(c) How to be a Christian.
(d) The Journals.
2. What does Chapter 8 say about Hegel and his followers?
(a) They do not compromise.
(b) They are good men.
(c) They refuse to debate.
(d) They are savages in every way.
3. What does the hero of Repetition have trouble finding?
(b) A good church.
(d) A true union with the woman he loves.
4. What does Kierkegaard attempt to do according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 5?
(a) Marry Regina.
(b) Love himself.
(c) Attend church.
(d) Act as honestly as possible.
5. What does Kierkegaard say "is given its rights"?
(c) The religious realm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Outside of what does Fear and Trembling not make sense?
2. What does Kierkegaard use the book review for?
3. What do truth and art require according to Fear and Trembling?
4. What are the Two Edifying Discourse written for?
5. What does Robert Bretall say Kierkegaard is in the Two Edifying Discourses?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)