|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Purity of Heart, Edifying Discourses in Various Spirits, Chapter 11, Works of Love, Chapter 12, The Point of View For My Work as an Author.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the first letter in Either/Or analyze?
(c) Romantic love.
(d) God's influence on mankind.
2. What is the title of the conclusion of Concluding Unscientific Postscript?
(a) How to become a Christian.
(b) The Journals.
(c) Seducer's Diary.
(d) How to become a Protestant.
3. How does Kierkegaard see the move towards equality as being?
(a) An illusion.
(b) As progress.
(c) As regression.
(d) A mistake.
4. What does Kierkegaard think will happen with what his family received?
(a) It is something of the past.
(b) It will disappear.
(c) It will come from time to time.
(d) It will continue.
5. What does Kierkegaard argue Christendom is ruled by?
(b) The pope.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert Bretall think of Repetition?
2. What topic does Either/Or end with?
3. What does Kierkegaard argue is both a trap and an illusion?
4. What does Kierkegaard say of the truth that teaches and builds up the human person in Two Edifying Discourses?
5. What does Kierkegaard argue is the heart of the public?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)