|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Purity of Heart, Edifying Discourses in Various Spirits, Chapter 11, Works of Love, Chapter 12, The Point of View For My Work as an Author.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chapter 8 say about Hegel and his followers?
(a) They do not compromise.
(b) They are good men.
(c) They refuse to debate.
(d) They are savages in every way.
2. What does Kierkegaard say the Danish State Church is?
(b) Too worldly and afraid.
(d) Not strong enough.
3. What does Kierkegaard say "is given its rights"?
(a) The religious realm.
4. What does Kierkegaard feel about the prevalent ideas about the universe and distinction?
(a) He embraces them.
(b) He hates them.
(c) He doubts them.
(d) He finds them unsubstantiated.
5. What does Kierkegaard think Fear and Trembling represents?
(a) His entire life.
(b) His childhood.
(c) Regina's past.
(d) The word of Christ.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of text does Kierkegaard routinely publish under his own name according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 10?
2. What does Kierkegaard argue is both a trap and an illusion?
3. What does Robert Bretall say is difficult to discern in Kierkegaard's writing?
4. What does Kierkegaard attempt to do according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 5?
5. What pseudonym does Kierkegaard use for The Fragments?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)