|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Purity of Heart, Edifying Discourses in Various Spirits, Chapter 11, Works of Love, Chapter 12, The Point of View For My Work as an Author.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard do before leaving for Berlin at the star of Either/Or?
(a) Breaks off his engagement with Regina Olsen.
(b) Goes to church.
(c) Buries his dog, Maximus.
(d) Writes a book.
2. What does Kierkegaard argue Christendom is ruled by?
(b) The pope.
3. How many realms does Stages on Life's Way discuss?
(a) 2 realms.
(b) 3 realms.
(c) 4 realms.
(d) 5 realms.
4. What does Kierkegaard argue men are in the modern age?
5. What does the meditation in Fear and Trembling illustrate?
(a) Kierkegaard's regrets.
(b) Kierkegaard's love for mistery.
(c) Kierkegaard's happiness.
(d) Kierkegaard's love for Regina.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard give up on according to Robert Bretall Chapter 5?
2. What does Kierkegaard argue men always appear to be biased by?
3. What is Kierkegaard's pseudonym in Repetition?
4. What does Kierkegaard attempt to do according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 5?
5. When does Kierkegaard argue that action is only comprehensible?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)