|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Purity of Heart, Edifying Discourses in Various Spirits, Chapter 11, Works of Love, Chapter 12, The Point of View For My Work as an Author.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard think what his family receives is?
(a) A good omen.
(b) Bad luck.
(d) A punishment.
2. How does Kierkegaard characterize his interpretation of the facts after his conversion?
3. What do many Catholics argue Kierkegaard would have done had he lived?
(a) Become a priest.
(b) Convert to Catholicism.
(c) Reject Christ.
(d) Write another book.
4. What does the human hide from with all his energy according to Kierkegaard?
(c) His desires.
5. What does Chapter 8 say about Hegel and his followers?
(a) They are savages in every way.
(b) They are good men.
(c) They do not compromise.
(d) They refuse to debate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do truth and art require according to Fear and Trembling?
2. What is Kierkegaard aware of in The Journals?
3. What does Robert Bretall in Chapter 11 say about the views of Kierkegaard on Christianity the year before he dies?
4. What does Kierkegaard argue Christendom is ruled by?
5. What does Kierkegaard do before leaving for Berlin at the star of Either/Or?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)