|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Purity of Heart, Edifying Discourses in Various Spirits, Chapter 11, Works of Love, Chapter 12, The Point of View For My Work as an Author.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert Bretall say Kierkegaard is in the Two Edifying Discourses?
(a) A poet.
(b) A theopolian.
(c) A liar.
(d) A fiction writer.
2. What does Kierkegaard use when he writes about the Knight of Faith with the Knight of Infinite Resignation?
(d) Impossible situations.
3. What does Kierkegaard argue men always appear to be biased by?
(a) His own perspective.
(b) Their environment.
(c) Their education.
4. When does Kierkegaard write about truth in Either/Or?
(a) In Chapter 2.
(b) Toward the end.
(c) In the first chapter.
(d) Toward the middle.
5. How long did reason-based and systematized thinking dominate European philosophy?
(a) 325 years.
(b) 256 years.
(c) 150 years.
(d) 200 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard think Fear and Trembling represents?
2. What does Kierkegaard say of the realms discussed in Stages on Life's Way?
3. What does Kierkegaard give up on according to Robert Bretall Chapter 5?
4. How does Kierkegaard characterize Hegel's thinking?
5. What does Kierkegaard do before leaving for Berlin at the star of Either/Or?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)