|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Purity of Heart, Edifying Discourses in Various Spirits, Chapter 11, Works of Love, Chapter 12, The Point of View For My Work as an Author.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do The Journals say Kierkegaard feels?
(a) In love.
2. What does Robert Bretall in Chapter 11 say Kierkegaard rejects and critiques?
(b) Organized churches.
(d) Many central Protestant ideas.
3. What does Kierkegaard argue major choices in life are not choices of?
4. What does Kierkegaard believe lies at the center of Christianity?
(a) A religiosity of paradoxes.
(b) A cross.
5. What does Kierkegaard think will happen with what his family received?
(a) It is something of the past.
(b) It will come from time to time.
(c) It will continue.
(d) It will disappear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard argue Christendom is ruled by?
2. What does the hero of Repetition have trouble finding?
3. What does the human hide from with all his energy according to Kierkegaard?
4. What is Kierkegaard letting himself do at the start of The Journals?
5. What does Kierkegaard say he cannot do with Regina?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)