|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Purity of Heart, Edifying Discourses in Various Spirits, Chapter 11, Works of Love, Chapter 12, The Point of View For My Work as an Author.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the first letter in Either/Or analyze?
(a) Romantic love.
(c) God's influence on mankind.
2. What does Kierkegaard argue life is?
(a) The time between our acceptance of the love of Christ and our death.
(b) A series of moments.
(c) A series of stark choices.
(d) The time between our birth and our death.
3. What topic does Either/Or end with?
4. How long did reason-based and systematized thinking dominate European philosophy?
(a) 325 years.
(b) 200 years.
(c) 150 years.
(d) 256 years.
5. What cities does Kierkegaard write Either/Or in?
(a) London and Paris.
(b) Paris and Nice.
(c) Rome and Berlin.
(d) Berlin and Copenhagen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard argue is merely foreshadowed in Stages on Life's Way?
2. What are the Two Edifying Discourse written for?
3. What is Kierkegaard undergoing after his conversion?
4. What does Robert Bretall in Chapter 10 say the pseudonymous work aims at?
5. Who is still famous for maintaining the doctrine of Justification by Faith against the Catholic view of merit and indulgence?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)