|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Purity of Heart, Edifying Discourses in Various Spirits, Chapter 11, Works of Love, Chapter 12, The Point of View For My Work as an Author.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Kierkegaard use to publish the Two Edifying Discourses?
(a) Lorentium Sisium.
(b) Marcus Angelicus.
(c) Natus Metalus.
(d) His own.
2. When does Kierkegaard write about truth in Either/Or?
(a) In the first chapter.
(b) Toward the middle.
(c) In Chapter 2.
(d) Toward the end.
3. What prevents the hero in Repetition from finding what he wants?
(b) His love of God.
(c) His depression and introspection.
(d) His family.
4. Where in Either/Or are the edifying discourses published?
(a) Chapter 3.
(b) Chapter 5.
(c) Chapter 2.
(d) Chapter 1.
5. What type of text does Kierkegaard routinely publish under his own name according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 10?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard argue is merely foreshadowed in Stages on Life's Way?
2. What are Kierkegaard's political views?
3. What is Kierkegaard aware of in The Journals?
4. What is the title of the conclusion of Concluding Unscientific Postscript?
5. Where does The Journals say Kierkegaard was on July 29, 1835?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)