|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Purity of Heart, Edifying Discourses in Various Spirits, Chapter 11, Works of Love, Chapter 12, The Point of View For My Work as an Author.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of the conclusion of Concluding Unscientific Postscript?
(a) How to become a Christian.
(b) Seducer's Diary.
(c) How to become a Protestant.
(d) The Journals.
2. What city does Kierkegaard live in according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 5?
3. What does Robert Bretall in Chapter 10 say the pseudonymous work aims at?
(a) Tells people the truth without fear of retaliation.
(b) Talks about the failures of Christianity.
(c) Captures Kierkegaard the man.
(d) Convinces people to convert.
4. What book sets the stage for Kierkegaard's mature work?
(a) The Journals.
(b) How to be a Christian.
(c) Seducer's Diary.
(d) The Fragments.
5. What does Kierkegaard say the Danish State Church is?
(a) Not strong enough.
(c) Too worldly and afraid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do many Catholics argue Kierkegaard would have done had he lived?
2. What does Kierkegaard give up on according to Robert Bretall Chapter 5?
3. What does Kierkegaard argue the truth is outside of?
4. What does Kierkegaard call faith?
5. What does Hegel think truth is according to Chapter 8?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)