|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Purity of Heart, Edifying Discourses in Various Spirits, Chapter 11, Works of Love, Chapter 12, The Point of View For My Work as an Author.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard argue is the heart of the public?
(a) The law.
(c) The press.
2. Where does Kierkegaard argue truth is found?
(a) In Hegel's writings.
(b) Inside oneself.
(c) In Christ.
(d) In the relationship between the subject and his object.
3. What does the hero of Repetition have trouble finding?
(a) A true union with the woman he loves.
(b) A good church.
4. What does Kierkegaard think his family received?
(a) An inheritance.
(b) A gift from God.
(c) A curse.
(d) Good luck.
5. When does Kierkegaard write Repetition?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard think Fear and Trembling represents?
2. What does Kierkegaard argue we always place our consciousness in?
3. What does Chapter 8 say about Hegel and his followers?
4. What is Kierkegaard letting himself do at the start of The Journals?
5. What is Kierkegaard aware of concerning Fear and Trembling?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)