|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Purity of Heart, Edifying Discourses in Various Spirits, Chapter 11, Works of Love, Chapter 12, The Point of View For My Work as an Author.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Kierkegaard write his pseudonymous work for according to Fear and Trembling?
(b) The public.
2. What is Kierkegaard undergoing after his conversion?
(a) The flu.
(b) A terrible revolution.
(c) A physical transformation.
(d) A change of heart.
3. What is the name of the best known section of Stages on Life's Way?
(a) The last supper.
(b) The meal.
(c) The restaurant.
(d) The banquet.
4. Who is Regina Olsen?
(a) Kierkegaard's agent.
(b) Kierkegaard's sister.
(c) Kierkegaard's editor.
(d) Kierkegaard's fiancee.
5. What does Kierkegaard argue men always appear to be biased by?
(a) Their environment.
(b) His own perspective.
(c) Their education.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kierkegaard call the first piece of Stages on Life's Way?
2. How long did reason-based and systematized thinking dominate European philosophy?
3. What does Kierkegaard feel about the prevalent ideas about the universe and distinction?
4. What does Robert Bretall say is difficult to discern in Kierkegaard's writing?
5. What does Hegel think truth is according to Chapter 8?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)