|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Purity of Heart, Edifying Discourses in Various Spirits, Chapter 11, Works of Love, Chapter 12, The Point of View For My Work as an Author.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard say truth is discovered in?
(b) One self.
(c) The heart.
2. What book sets the stage for Kierkegaard's mature work?
(a) Seducer's Diary.
(b) How to be a Christian.
(c) The Journals.
(d) The Fragments.
3. What pseudonym does Kierkegaard use to write the second piece of Stages on Life's Way?
(a) Moter Tactimus.
(b) Frater Turburus.
(c) Julius Manuterus.
(d) Frater Tactiturnus.
4. What does Kierkegaard meditate on in Fear and Trembling?
(a) Abraham's call to kill his son Isaac.
(b) A sparrow.
(c) The resurrection.
(d) The incarnation.
5. Where in Either/Or are the edifying discourses published?
(a) Chapter 1.
(b) Chapter 5.
(c) Chapter 3.
(d) Chapter 2.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard argue men always appear to be biased by?
2. What does Kierkegaard say of the realms discussed in Stages on Life's Way?
3. When were the last of Kierkegaard aesthetic writings published according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 7?
4. What does Kierkegaard argue cannot be improved or hurt by social organization?
5. What does Hegel think truth is according to Chapter 8?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)