|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Purity of Heart, Edifying Discourses in Various Spirits, Chapter 11, Works of Love, Chapter 12, The Point of View For My Work as an Author.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard meditate on in Fear and Trembling?
(a) The incarnation.
(b) The resurrection.
(c) Abraham's call to kill his son Isaac.
(d) A sparrow.
2. Who is Regina Olsen?
(a) Kierkegaard's fiancee.
(b) Kierkegaard's sister.
(c) Kierkegaard's agent.
(d) Kierkegaard's editor.
3. What does Kierkegaard think what his family receives is?
(a) A good omen.
(c) A punishment.
(d) Bad luck.
4. What country's philosophy does the philosopher who Kierkegaard opposes in Either/Or most influence?
5. What is Kierkegaard undergoing after his conversion?
(a) A change of heart.
(b) A terrible revolution.
(c) The flu.
(d) A physical transformation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard distinguish between in Either/Or?
2. What does Kierkegaard think will happen with what his family received?
3. Outside of what does Fear and Trembling not make sense?
4. When were the last of Kierkegaard aesthetic writings published according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 7?
5. What is Kierkegaard aware of in The Journals?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)