|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Purity of Heart, Edifying Discourses in Various Spirits, Chapter 11, Works of Love, Chapter 12, The Point of View For My Work as an Author.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert Bretall in Chapter 10 say Kierkegaard's work written under his own name aims at?
(a) Criticizing the church.
(b) Proposing to Regina.
(c) Contradicting Hegel.
2. What is the main theme of Fear and Trembling?
(c) The encounter between the individual and the universe.
3. How many realms does Stages on Life's Way discuss?
(a) 2 realms.
(b) 3 realms.
(c) 5 realms.
(d) 4 realms.
4. What topic does Either/Or end with?
5. According to Robert Bretall in Chapter 11, what does Kierkegaard see the truth as?
(a) What moves toward unity or the complete.
(b) A noble goal.
(c) An illusion.
(d) The word of Christ.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard give up on according to Robert Bretall Chapter 5?
2. What does Kierkegaard say "is given its rights"?
3. What does Kierkegaard argue Christendom is ruled by?
4. What does Kierkegaard argue must be separated from society and reason?
5. What pseudonym does Kierkegaard use to write the second piece of Stages on Life's Way?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)