|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Purity of Heart, Edifying Discourses in Various Spirits, Chapter 11, Works of Love, Chapter 12, The Point of View For My Work as an Author.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What pseudonym does Kierkegaard use for The Fragments?
(a) Salus Salenicus.
(b) Johannes Climacus.
(c) Stuartus Sagitarus.
(d) Romanos Anasicus.
2. Who is Regina Olsen?
(a) Kierkegaard's fiancee.
(b) Kierkegaard's editor.
(c) Kierkegaard's agent.
(d) Kierkegaard's sister.
3. What does Kierkegaard argue is the heart of the public?
(a) The law.
(b) The press.
4. What does Kierkegaard say the Danish State Church is?
(a) Too worldly and afraid.
(c) Not strong enough.
5. What does Kierkegaard say of the truth that teaches and builds up the human person in Two Edifying Discourses?
(a) It is useless.
(b) It is the only truth that can make a difference in our lives.
(c) It is the only truth worth having.
(d) It is one truth among many.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard say truth is constituted of?
2. How old is Kierkegaard at the age of his conversion?
3. What does Kierkegaard meditate on in Fear and Trembling?
4. What does Kierkegaard argue antiquity was ruled by?
5. What does Kierkegaard do before leaving for Berlin at the star of Either/Or?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)