|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Purity of Heart, Edifying Discourses in Various Spirits, Chapter 11, Works of Love, Chapter 12, The Point of View For My Work as an Author.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Kierkegaard write his pseudonymous work for according to Fear and Trembling?
(b) The public.
2. How many realms does Stages on Life's Way discuss?
(a) 3 realms.
(b) 2 realms.
(c) 4 realms.
(d) 5 realms.
3. Outside of what does Fear and Trembling not make sense?
(a) The Protestant faith.
(b) An asylum.
(d) Kierkegaard's life.
4. What does Kierkegaard say of the truth that teaches and builds up the human person in Two Edifying Discourses?
(a) It is the only truth that can make a difference in our lives.
(b) It is useless.
(c) It is one truth among many.
(d) It is the only truth worth having.
5. What novel does Robert Bretall in Chapter 9 say Kierkegaard reviewed after the publication of Concluding Unscientific Postscript?
(a) The two towers.
(b) Ages and faith.
(c) The two ages.
(d) How to get faith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book sets the stage for Kierkegaard's mature work?
2. With what book does Kierkegaard's work reach maturity according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 6?
3. What does Kierkegaard ask but does not give answers to in the Fragments?
4. What are the Two Edifying Discourse written for?
5. What does Kierkegaard argue we always place our consciousness in?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)