|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Purity of Heart, Edifying Discourses in Various Spirits, Chapter 11, Works of Love, Chapter 12, The Point of View For My Work as an Author.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Kierkegaard and Regina's relationship?
(a) Kierkegaard breaks off the engagement.
(b) Kierkegaard fires her.
(c) Kierkegaard replaces her.
(d) Regina dies.
2. What does Kierkegaard give up on according to Robert Bretall Chapter 5?
(a) Going to Church.
(c) Marrying Regina.
3. What does Kierkegaard's pseudonymous writing tell part of?
(a) Socrates' views.
(b) Regina's views.
(c) His thoughts on aspects of his philosophy.
(d) Hegel's views.
4. When does Kierkegaard write about truth in Either/Or?
(a) In Chapter 2.
(b) Toward the middle.
(c) In the first chapter.
(d) Toward the end.
5. What does Kierkegaard argue is merely foreshadowed in Stages on Life's Way?
Short Answer Questions
1. What novel does Robert Bretall in Chapter 9 say Kierkegaard reviewed after the publication of Concluding Unscientific Postscript?
2. What does Kierkegaard believe lies at the center of Christianity?
3. What do truth and art require according to Fear and Trembling?
4. What pseudonym does Kierkegaard use to publish Either/Or?
5. What does Kierkegaard argue Christendom is ruled by?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)