|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Purity of Heart, Edifying Discourses in Various Spirits, Chapter 11, Works of Love, Chapter 12, The Point of View For My Work as an Author.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Repetition have that lacks in many of Kierkegaard's works?
(a) A third person point of view.
(d) A plot.
2. What does Kierkegaard know about himself in The Journals?
(a) He is a fraud.
(b) He loves God.
(c) He is both great and small.
(d) He is mistaken.
3. What does Stages on Life's Way divide according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 7?
(b) How to love Christ.
(c) Lies and superstitions.
(d) Spheres of existence.
4. What does Kierkegaard think Fear and Trembling will do to the reader?
(a) Make him think.
(b) Amuse him.
(c) Make him convert.
(d) Terrify him.
5. What does Kierkegaard say truth is constituted of?
(a) Parts that may initially seem at odds.
(b) The word of Christ.
(c) Faith and events.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard think what his family receives is?
2. How long did reason-based and systematized thinking dominate European philosophy?
3. What does Kierkegaard resonate with concerning spirituality?
4. What does Kierkegaard argue men always appear to be biased by?
5. What does Kierkegaard give up on according to Robert Bretall Chapter 5?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)