|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Purity of Heart, Edifying Discourses in Various Spirits, Chapter 11, Works of Love, Chapter 12, The Point of View For My Work as an Author.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does humanity need according to Kierkegaard?
(a) A teacher.
(c) A love.
(d) The church.
2. Where in Either/Or are the edifying discourses published?
(a) Chapter 1.
(b) Chapter 3.
(c) Chapter 2.
(d) Chapter 5.
3. What does Kierkegaard argue cannot be improved or hurt by social organization?
(b) An individual's value.
(d) The law.
4. What does Kierkegaard believe lies at the center of Christianity?
(c) A cross.
(d) A religiosity of paradoxes.
5. Of what book is a large portion reproduced in Either/Or?
(a) Romantic Love.
(b) The Seducer's Diary.
(c) How to be a Christian.
(d) How to love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard argue life is?
2. What does Chapter 8 say about Hegel and his followers?
3. What is Kierkegaard stunned by in The Journals?
4. What does the human hide from with all his energy according to Kierkegaard?
5. What does Kierkegaard argue the present is ruled by?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)