|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Purity of Heart, Edifying Discourses in Various Spirits, Chapter 11, Works of Love, Chapter 12, The Point of View For My Work as an Author.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard say the Danish State Church is?
(a) Not strong enough.
(d) Too worldly and afraid.
2. What does Kierkegaard say he cannot do with Regina?
(b) Share things about himself.
(c) Talk religion.
(d) Talk to her about her work.
3. What does Kierkegaard do before leaving for Berlin at the star of Either/Or?
(a) Buries his dog, Maximus.
(b) Goes to church.
(c) Breaks off his engagement with Regina Olsen.
(d) Writes a book.
4. What is the title of the conclusion of Concluding Unscientific Postscript?
(a) Seducer's Diary.
(b) How to become a Protestant.
(c) The Journals.
(d) How to become a Christian.
5. What is Kierkegaard's pseudonym in Repetition?
(a) Constantine Traversius.
(b) Julius Antonius.
(c) Constantine Contantius.
(d) Marc Antony.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard argue we always place our consciousness in?
2. What do many Catholics argue Kierkegaard would have done had he lived?
3. What does Kierkegaard argue major choices in life are not choices of?
4. Who is still famous for maintaining the doctrine of Justification by Faith against the Catholic view of merit and indulgence?
5. What does Kierkegaard feel about the prevalent ideas about the universe and distinction?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)