|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Purity of Heart, Edifying Discourses in Various Spirits, Chapter 11, Works of Love, Chapter 12, The Point of View For My Work as an Author.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard argue is the heart of the public?
(a) The law.
(c) The press.
2. What does Kierkegaard meditate on in Fear and Trembling?
(a) The incarnation.
(b) A sparrow.
(c) Abraham's call to kill his son Isaac.
(d) The resurrection.
3. What does Robert Bretall in Chapter 10 say the pseudonymous work aims at?
(a) Convinces people to convert.
(b) Talks about the failures of Christianity.
(c) Tells people the truth without fear of retaliation.
(d) Captures Kierkegaard the man.
4. What does Kierkegaard argue men are in the modern age?
5. How long does it take Kierkegaard to write Fear and Trembling?
(a) 35 days.
(b) 5 months.
(c) 2 years.
(d) Less than 60 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard resonate with concerning spirituality?
2. What does Kierkegaard attempt to do according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 5?
3. What does Kierkegaard argue would negate him?
4. What does Kierkegaard argue Hegel's vision of the world of reason does to the idea of possibility?
5. What do many intellectuals agree on in the 19th century concerning the universe?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)