|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Purity of Heart, Edifying Discourses in Various Spirits, Chapter 11, Works of Love, Chapter 12, The Point of View For My Work as an Author.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do many Catholics argue Kierkegaard would have done had he lived?
(a) Reject Christ.
(b) Write another book.
(c) Become a priest.
(d) Convert to Catholicism.
2. How long does it take Kierkegaard to write Fear and Trembling?
(a) Less than 60 days.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 35 days.
(d) 5 months.
3. What does Repetition have that lacks in many of Kierkegaard's works?
(a) A plot.
(d) A third person point of view.
4. How does Kierkegaard characterize Hegel's thinking?
5. What is the name of the best known section of Stages on Life's Way?
(a) The last supper.
(b) The meal.
(c) The banquet.
(d) The restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kierkegaard call the first piece of Stages on Life's Way?
2. How old is Kierkegaard at the age of his conversion?
3. What does Kierkegaard say of the truth that teaches and builds up the human person in Two Edifying Discourses?
4. What is Kierkegaard feeling at the start of The Journals?
5. What does Kierkegaard argue men are in the modern age?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)