|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Philosophical Fragments, or a Fragment of Philosophy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard argue life is?
(a) The time between our birth and our death.
(b) A series of moments.
(c) A series of stark choices.
(d) The time between our acceptance of the love of Christ and our death.
2. What country's philosophy does the philosopher who Kierkegaard opposes in Either/Or most influence?
3. What does Kierkegaard think Fear and Trembling will do to the reader?
(a) Make him convert.
(b) Amuse him.
(c) Terrify him.
(d) Make him think.
4. Who's lecture does Kierkegaard attend?
(a) Igor Stensen's.
5. What cities does Kierkegaard write Either/Or in?
(a) Rome and Berlin.
(b) Paris and Nice.
(c) Berlin and Copenhagen.
(d) London and Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kierkegaard feeling at the start of The Journals?
2. What does Kierkegaard feel about the prevalent ideas about the universe and distinction?
3. What is Kierkegaard aware of concerning Fear and Trembling?
4. What does Robert Bretall say is difficult to discern in Kierkegaard's writing?
5. What name does Kierkegaard use to publish the Two Edifying Discourses?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)