|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Philosophical Fragments, or a Fragment of Philosophy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard use when he writes about the Knight of Faith with the Knight of Infinite Resignation?
(b) Impossible situations.
2. How old is Kierkegaard at the age of his conversion?
(a) 26 years old.
(b) 25 years old.
(c) 35 years old.
(d) 14 years old.
3. What does the meditation in Fear and Trembling illustrate?
(a) Kierkegaard's happiness.
(b) Kierkegaard's love for Regina.
(c) Kierkegaard's regrets.
(d) Kierkegaard's love for mistery.
4. When does Kierkegaard write about truth in Either/Or?
(a) In the first chapter.
(b) Toward the middle.
(c) Toward the end.
(d) In Chapter 2.
5. Where does the idea of Repetition derive from?
(a) The life of Christ.
(b) The rise of Christian dogma.
(c) Kierkegaard's own life.
(d) Regina's life.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Kierkegaard write Repetition?
2. What pseudonym does Kierkegaard use for The Fragments?
3. What does Kierkegaard believe lies at the center of Christianity?
4. What does the human hide from with all his energy according to Kierkegaard?
5. What does the pseudonymous author of The Fragments resist?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)