|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Philosophical Fragments, or a Fragment of Philosophy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the pseudonymous author of The Fragments resist?
(a) Going to church.
(c) Discipleship of Jesus.
(d) Discovering himself.
2. What does Robert Bretall say is difficult to discern in Kierkegaard's writing?
(a) Who he is talking to.
(b) If the love of Christ guides him.
(c) If he is Christian.
(d) Which aspects of Kierkegaard are present.
3. What does Kierkegaard argue major choices in life are choices of?
4. Where in Either/Or are the edifying discourses published?
(a) Chapter 2.
(b) Chapter 1.
(c) Chapter 5.
(d) Chapter 3.
5. What does Kierkegaard think Fear and Trembling represents?
(a) Regina's past.
(b) The word of Christ.
(c) His entire life.
(d) His childhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does humanity need according to Kierkegaard?
2. Where does The Journals say Kierkegaard was on July 29, 1835?
3. What does Kierkegaard argue major choices in life are not choices of?
4. What country's philosophy does the philosopher who Kierkegaard opposes in Either/Or most influence?
5. What is Kierkegaard aware of concerning Fear and Trembling?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)