|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Philosophical Fragments, or a Fragment of Philosophy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard say truth is constituted of?
(a) The word of Christ.
(b) Parts that may initially seem at odds.
(d) Faith and events.
2. When does Kierkegaard write about truth in Either/Or?
(a) In the first chapter.
(b) Toward the middle.
(c) In Chapter 2.
(d) Toward the end.
3. What is the main theme of Fear and Trembling?
(b) The encounter between the individual and the universe.
4. When does Kierkegaard write Repetition?
5. What does Robert Bretall think of Repetition?
(a) It is full of holes in logic.
(b) It is one of the worse works by Kierkegaard.
(c) It is a humorist's piece.
(d) It is Kierkegaard's best work of literature.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Kierkegaard think is the most likely person to understand the ideas in Fear and Trembling?
2. What is Kierkegaard feeling at the start of The Journals?
3. What does Kierkegaard call faith?
4. What pseudonym does Kierkegaard use for The Fragments?
5. What does Kierkegaard do before leaving for Berlin at the star of Either/Or?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)