|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Philosophical Fragments, or a Fragment of Philosophy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the meditation in Fear and Trembling illustrate?
(a) Kierkegaard's love for Regina.
(b) Kierkegaard's happiness.
(c) Kierkegaard's regrets.
(d) Kierkegaard's love for mistery.
2. What does Kierkegaard do before leaving for Berlin at the star of Either/Or?
(a) Breaks off his engagement with Regina Olsen.
(b) Goes to church.
(c) Buries his dog, Maximus.
(d) Writes a book.
3. What does Robert Bretall think of Repetition?
(a) It is full of holes in logic.
(b) It is a humorist's piece.
(c) It is Kierkegaard's best work of literature.
(d) It is one of the worse works by Kierkegaard.
4. How does Kierkegaard characterize his interpretation of the facts after his conversion?
5. What does Kierkegaard say of the truth that teaches and builds up the human person in Two Edifying Discourses?
(a) It is the only truth that can make a difference in our lives.
(b) It is useless.
(c) It is the only truth worth having.
(d) It is one truth among many.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Kierkegaard and Regina's relationship?
2. What does Kierkegaard believe lies at the center of Christianity?
3. What does Kierkegaard argue major choices in life are not choices of?
4. What does Kierkegaard think his family received?
5. What does Repetition have that lacks in many of Kierkegaard's works?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)