|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Philosophical Fragments, or a Fragment of Philosophy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Kierkegaard write his pseudonymous work for according to Fear and Trembling?
(c) The public.
2. How long does it take Kierkegaard to write Fear and Trembling?
(a) 35 days.
(b) 5 months.
(c) Less than 60 days.
(d) 2 years.
3. Who's lecture does Kierkegaard attend?
(a) Igor Stensen's.
4. What does Robert Bretall say Kierkegaard is in the Two Edifying Discourses?
(a) A poet.
(b) A liar.
(c) A fiction writer.
(d) A theopolian.
5. What does Kierkegaard feel about the prevalent ideas about the universe and distinction?
(a) He hates them.
(b) He embraces them.
(c) He doubts them.
(d) He finds them unsubstantiated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard think Fear and Trembling represents?
2. What does Kierkegaard distinguish between in Either/Or?
3. What does Kierkegaard fight against according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 5?
4. What does Repetition have that lacks in many of Kierkegaard's works?
5. What cities does Kierkegaard write Either/Or in?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)