|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Philosophical Fragments, or a Fragment of Philosophy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kierkegaard undergoing after his conversion?
(a) The flu.
(b) A terrible revolution.
(c) A change of heart.
(d) A physical transformation.
2. What does Kierkegaard feel about the prevalent ideas about the universe and distinction?
(a) He finds them unsubstantiated.
(b) He doubts them.
(c) He embraces them.
(d) He hates them.
3. What does the first letter in Either/Or analyze?
(c) God's influence on mankind.
(d) Romantic love.
4. What does humanity need according to Kierkegaard?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A love.
(d) The church.
5. What does Kierkegaard meditate on in Fear and Trembling?
(a) A sparrow.
(b) The resurrection.
(c) Abraham's call to kill his son Isaac.
(d) The incarnation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does The Journals say Kierkegaard was on July 29, 1835?
2. What does Kierkegaard say of the truth that teaches and builds up the human person in Two Edifying Discourses?
3. What does Kierkegaard give up on according to Robert Bretall Chapter 5?
4. What do truth and art require according to Fear and Trembling?
5. What does Kierkegaard call faith?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)