|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Philosophical Fragments, or a Fragment of Philosophy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does The Journals say Kierkegaard was on July 29, 1835?
2. When does Kierkegaard write Repetition?
3. What is the author arguing is more important than the content of Either/Or?
(a) The way the book was launched.
(b) The title.
(c) Kierkegaard's analysis.
(d) Kierkegaard's footnotes.
4. What do truth and art require according to Fear and Trembling?
(a) The hand of Christ.
(c) Love of God.
(d) An acquaintance with bias.
5. What does Kierkegaard argue major choices in life are not choices of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What prevents the hero in Repetition from finding what he wants?
2. Who is Regina Olsen?
3. What are the Two Edifying Discourse written for?
4. What does Kierkegaard attempt to do according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 5?
5. What book sets the stage for Kierkegaard's mature work?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)