|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Philosophical Fragments, or a Fragment of Philosophy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the meditation in Fear and Trembling illustrate?
(a) Kierkegaard's happiness.
(b) Kierkegaard's love for mistery.
(c) Kierkegaard's love for Regina.
(d) Kierkegaard's regrets.
2. What does humanity need according to Kierkegaard?
(b) The church.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A love.
3. What book sets the stage for Kierkegaard's mature work?
(a) How to be a Christian.
(b) The Fragments.
(c) Seducer's Diary.
(d) The Journals.
4. Where in Either/Or are the edifying discourses published?
(a) Chapter 1.
(b) Chapter 3.
(c) Chapter 5.
(d) Chapter 2.
5. What does Kierkegaard use when he writes about the Knight of Faith with the Knight of Infinite Resignation?
(c) Impossible situations.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what book is a large portion reproduced in Either/Or?
2. What is Kierkegaard aware of concerning Fear and Trembling?
3. What does Kierkegaard ask but does not give answers to in the Fragments?
4. What does Robert Bretall say is difficult to discern in Kierkegaard's writing?
5. What does Chapter 1 say Kierkegaard is conflicted between?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)