|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Philosophical Fragments, or a Fragment of Philosophy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kierkegaard letting himself do at the start of The Journals?
(a) Indulge himself with food.
(b) Remain silent.
(c) Pass out of himself.
(d) Worship Christ.
2. What does Kierkegaard meditate on in Fear and Trembling?
(a) A sparrow.
(b) Abraham's call to kill his son Isaac.
(c) The resurrection.
(d) The incarnation.
3. What does Robert Bretall say Kierkegaard is in the Two Edifying Discourses?
(a) A fiction writer.
(b) A theopolian.
(c) A poet.
(d) A liar.
4. Outside of what does Fear and Trembling not make sense?
(a) An asylum.
(b) The Protestant faith.
(c) Kierkegaard's life.
5. What does Kierkegaard think will happen with what his family received?
(a) It will continue.
(b) It is something of the past.
(c) It will come from time to time.
(d) It will disappear.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Kierkegaard think is the most likely person to understand the ideas in Fear and Trembling?
2. What do truth and art require according to Fear and Trembling?
3. What is Kierkegaard aware of concerning Fear and Trembling?
4. What does Kierkegaard say he cannot do with Regina?
5. What does Repetition have that lacks in many of Kierkegaard's works?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)