|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Philosophical Fragments, or a Fragment of Philosophy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what book does Kierkegaard's work reach maturity according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 6?
(a) The Journals.
(b) How to be a Christian.
(c) Unscientific Postscript.
(d) The Fragments.
2. What does Kierkegaard argue men always appear to be biased by?
(a) Their education.
(b) Their environment.
(c) His own perspective.
3. What cities does Kierkegaard write Either/Or in?
(a) Rome and Berlin.
(b) London and Paris.
(c) Berlin and Copenhagen.
(d) Paris and Nice.
4. What does Kierkegaard argue life is?
(a) The time between our birth and our death.
(b) A series of moments.
(c) A series of stark choices.
(d) The time between our acceptance of the love of Christ and our death.
5. What does Kierkegaard distinguish between in Either/Or?
(a) Catholics and Protestant dogma.
(b) Direct and indirect communication.
(c) Love and hate.
(d) Life and death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what book is a large portion reproduced in Either/Or?
2. What does Kierkegaard argue the human is in?
3. What is Kierkegaard aware of concerning Fear and Trembling?
4. What do truth and art require according to Fear and Trembling?
5. What pseudonym does Kierkegaard use to publish Either/Or?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)