|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Philosophical Fragments, or a Fragment of Philosophy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kierkegaard aware of in The Journals?
(a) His self interest.
(b) His longing for Regina.
(c) His errors.
(d) His nothingness.
2. Who's lecture does Kierkegaard attend?
(a) Igor Stensen's.
3. What does the hero of Repetition have trouble finding?
(c) A good church.
(d) A true union with the woman he loves.
4. What do many intellectuals agree on in the 19th century concerning distinctions?
(a) Distinctions separate man from beast.
(b) Distinctions are illusory.
(c) Distinctions are overrated.
(d) Distinctions are not distinctive.
5. Who does Kierkegaard write his pseudonymous work for according to Fear and Trembling?
(c) The public.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kierkegaard characterize his interpretation of the facts after his conversion?
2. When does Kierkegaard write Repetition?
3. What does the meditation in Fear and Trembling illustrate?
4. What does Kierkegaard argue the human is in?
5. What is the main theme of Fear and Trembling?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)