|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Philosophical Fragments, or a Fragment of Philosophy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the hero of Repetition have trouble finding?
(b) A true union with the woman he loves.
(d) A good church.
2. What does Kierkegaard use when he writes about the Knight of Faith with the Knight of Infinite Resignation?
(d) Impossible situations.
3. What cities does Kierkegaard write Either/Or in?
(a) Paris and Nice.
(b) Rome and Berlin.
(c) London and Paris.
(d) Berlin and Copenhagen.
4. When does Kierkegaard write about truth in Either/Or?
(a) Toward the end.
(b) In the first chapter.
(c) Toward the middle.
(d) In Chapter 2.
5. With what book does Kierkegaard's work reach maturity according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 6?
(a) The Journals.
(b) How to be a Christian.
(c) The Fragments.
(d) Unscientific Postscript.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kierkegaard aware of in The Journals?
2. What name does Kierkegaard use to publish the Two Edifying Discourses?
3. What does Kierkegaard say truth is constituted of?
4. Where in Either/Or are the edifying discourses published?
5. What does Kierkegaard argue men always appear to be biased by?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)