|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Philosophical Fragments, or a Fragment of Philosophy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard use when he writes about the Knight of Faith with the Knight of Infinite Resignation?
(a) Impossible situations.
2. What happens to Kierkegaard and Regina's relationship?
(a) Regina dies.
(b) Kierkegaard breaks off the engagement.
(c) Kierkegaard replaces her.
(d) Kierkegaard fires her.
3. What does Kierkegaard call faith?
(a) The way to love Christ.
(b) The best thing man has.
(c) The reason for being.
(d) The organ of understanding.
4. What prevents the hero in Repetition from finding what he wants?
(a) His love of God.
(b) His depression and introspection.
(d) His family.
5. When does Kierkegaard write about truth in Either/Or?
(a) Toward the end.
(b) In the first chapter.
(c) Toward the middle.
(d) In Chapter 2.
Short Answer Questions
1. What cities does Kierkegaard write Either/Or in?
2. What does Kierkegaard meditate on in Fear and Trembling?
3. What does Kierkegaard think his family received?
4. What does Kierkegaard do before leaving for Berlin at the star of Either/Or?
5. What does Kierkegaard distinguish between in Either/Or?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)