|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Philosophical Fragments, or a Fragment of Philosophy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Regina Olsen?
(a) Kierkegaard's fiancee.
(b) Kierkegaard's editor.
(c) Kierkegaard's agent.
(d) Kierkegaard's sister.
2. What does Kierkegaard feel about the prevalent ideas about the universe and distinction?
(a) He hates them.
(b) He doubts them.
(c) He embraces them.
(d) He finds them unsubstantiated.
3. What prevents the hero in Repetition from finding what he wants?
(a) His family.
(c) His depression and introspection.
(d) His love of God.
4. What name does Kierkegaard use to publish the Two Edifying Discourses?
(a) Natus Metalus.
(b) Lorentium Sisium.
(c) His own.
(d) Marcus Angelicus.
5. What does Kierkegaard give up on according to Robert Bretall Chapter 5?
(a) Going to Church.
(d) Marrying Regina.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who's letter does Either/Or contain a series of?
2. What does Kierkegaard argue we always place our consciousness in?
3. What does Robert Bretall think of Repetition?
4. What does the pseudonymous author of The Fragments resist?
5. With what book does Kierkegaard's work reach maturity according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 6?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)