|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Philosophical Fragments, or a Fragment of Philosophy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do many intellectuals agree on in the 19th century concerning distinctions?
(a) Distinctions separate man from beast.
(b) Distinctions are illusory.
(c) Distinctions are overrated.
(d) Distinctions are not distinctive.
2. What does Kierkegaard believe lies at the center of Christianity?
(a) A religiosity of paradoxes.
(b) A cross.
3. What does Kierkegaard argue the truth is outside of?
(a) The other.
(c) The self.
4. What does Kierkegaard think will happen with what his family received?
(a) It will continue.
(b) It will come from time to time.
(c) It will disappear.
(d) It is something of the past.
5. What does Kierkegaard fight against according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 5?
(b) The Denmark State Church.
(c) Subconscious aspects of the self.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who's letter does Either/Or contain a series of?
2. Who does Kierkegaard write his pseudonymous work for according to Fear and Trembling?
3. What shall not fall to the ground without the will of the Father according to The Journals?
4. What does humanity need according to Kierkegaard?
5. How does Kierkegaard characterize his interpretation of the facts after his conversion?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)