|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Repetition: An Essay in Experimental Psychology.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kierkegaard letting himself do at the start of The Journals?
(a) Indulge himself with food.
(b) Remain silent.
(c) Worship Christ.
(d) Pass out of himself.
2. What pseudonym does Kierkegaard use to publish Either/Or?
(a) Emile Proust.
(b) Victor Eremita.
(c) Sophie Marcus.
(d) Marcus Temporarus.
3. Who does Kierkegaard write his pseudonymous work for according to Fear and Trembling?
(b) The public.
4. What is Kierkegaard undergoing after his conversion?
(a) The flu.
(b) A change of heart.
(c) A physical transformation.
(d) A terrible revolution.
5. Of what book is a large portion reproduced in Either/Or?
(a) The Seducer's Diary.
(b) Romantic Love.
(c) How to be a Christian.
(d) How to love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do The Journals say Kierkegaard feels?
2. What name does Kierkegaard use to publish the Two Edifying Discourses?
3. How long does it take Kierkegaard to write Fear and Trembling?
4. What do truth and art require according to Fear and Trembling?
5. What does Kierkegaard's pseudonymous writing tell part of?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)