|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Repetition: An Essay in Experimental Psychology.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard do before leaving for Berlin at the star of Either/Or?
(a) Buries his dog, Maximus.
(b) Writes a book.
(c) Goes to church.
(d) Breaks off his engagement with Regina Olsen.
2. What shall not fall to the ground without the will of the Father according to The Journals?
(a) An elephant.
(b) A man.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A sparrow.
3. What does Robert Bretall think of Repetition?
(a) It is Kierkegaard's best work of literature.
(b) It is one of the worse works by Kierkegaard.
(c) It is full of holes in logic.
(d) It is a humorist's piece.
4. What do many intellectuals agree on in the 19th century concerning the universe?
(a) Universe is pure unity.
(b) The Universe is infinite.
(c) The Universe is where we are.
(d) The Universe is limited only by our love of Christ.
5. What is Kierkegaard aware of concerning Fear and Trembling?
(a) It will be translated into many languages.
(b) It is not that good.
(c) The Denmark Church will be offended.
(d) Everyone will hate it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take Kierkegaard to write Fear and Trembling?
2. What does Kierkegaard feel about the prevalent ideas about the universe and distinction?
3. What is the name of the first volume of Either/Or?
4. What does Kierkegaard fight against according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 5?
5. What does Kierkegaard say truth is discovered in?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)