|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Repetition: An Essay in Experimental Psychology.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kierkegaard letting himself do at the start of The Journals?
(a) Worship Christ.
(b) Indulge himself with food.
(c) Pass out of himself.
(d) Remain silent.
2. How old is Kierkegaard at the age of his conversion?
(a) 14 years old.
(b) 35 years old.
(c) 25 years old.
(d) 26 years old.
3. What does Robert Bretall think of Repetition?
(a) It is one of the worse works by Kierkegaard.
(b) It is full of holes in logic.
(c) It is Kierkegaard's best work of literature.
(d) It is a humorist's piece.
4. What does Chapter 1 say Kierkegaard is conflicted between?
(a) Love and despair.
(b) Wonder and despair.
(c) Wonder and hate.
(d) Love and hate.
5. What does Kierkegaard think will happen with what his family received?
(a) It will disappear.
(b) It will come from time to time.
(c) It will continue.
(d) It is something of the past.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city does Kierkegaard live in according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 5?
2. What do many intellectuals agree on in the 19th century concerning distinctions?
3. What does Kierkegaard argue major choices in life are choices of?
4. How long does it take Kierkegaard to write Fear and Trembling?
5. Where in Either/Or are the edifying discourses published?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)