|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Repetition: An Essay in Experimental Psychology.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert Bretall say is difficult to discern in Kierkegaard's writing?
(a) Who he is talking to.
(b) If the love of Christ guides him.
(c) If he is Christian.
(d) Which aspects of Kierkegaard are present.
2. What country's philosophy does the philosopher who Kierkegaard opposes in Either/Or most influence?
3. What does Kierkegaard do before leaving for Berlin at the star of Either/Or?
(a) Goes to church.
(b) Buries his dog, Maximus.
(c) Breaks off his engagement with Regina Olsen.
(d) Writes a book.
4. What happens to Kierkegaard and Regina's relationship?
(a) Kierkegaard fires her.
(b) Kierkegaard breaks off the engagement.
(c) Regina dies.
(d) Kierkegaard replaces her.
5. What does the meditation in Fear and Trembling illustrate?
(a) Kierkegaard's love for mistery.
(b) Kierkegaard's love for Regina.
(c) Kierkegaard's happiness.
(d) Kierkegaard's regrets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kierkegaard undergoing after his conversion?
2. What does Kierkegaard meditate on in Fear and Trembling?
3. What does Kierkegaard think will happen with what his family received?
4. Of what book is a large portion reproduced in Either/Or?
5. How does Kierkegaard characterize his interpretation of the facts after his conversion?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)