|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Repetition: An Essay in Experimental Psychology.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kierkegaard undergoing after his conversion?
(a) A terrible revolution.
(b) A change of heart.
(c) The flu.
(d) A physical transformation.
2. What do many intellectuals agree on in the 19th century concerning distinctions?
(a) Distinctions are not distinctive.
(b) Distinctions separate man from beast.
(c) Distinctions are illusory.
(d) Distinctions are overrated.
3. What do truth and art require according to Fear and Trembling?
(a) An acquaintance with bias.
(c) The hand of Christ.
(d) Love of God.
4. What does Kierkegaard say of the truth that teaches and builds up the human person in Two Edifying Discourses?
(a) It is useless.
(b) It is one truth among many.
(c) It is the only truth that can make a difference in our lives.
(d) It is the only truth worth having.
5. How long does it take Kierkegaard to write Fear and Trembling?
(a) 2 years.
(b) Less than 60 days.
(c) 5 months.
(d) 35 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kierkegaard's pseudonym in Repetition?
2. What does Kierkegaard meditate on in Fear and Trembling?
3. What does Kierkegaard fight against according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 5?
4. What does Kierkegaard believe lies at the center of Christianity?
5. Who's lecture does Kierkegaard attend?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)