|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Repetition: An Essay in Experimental Psychology.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard meditate on in Fear and Trembling?
(a) The resurrection.
(b) The incarnation.
(c) A sparrow.
(d) Abraham's call to kill his son Isaac.
2. What do truth and art require according to Fear and Trembling?
(a) An acquaintance with bias.
(b) Love of God.
(c) The hand of Christ.
3. What does Kierkegaard think will happen with what his family received?
(a) It will come from time to time.
(b) It will disappear.
(c) It will continue.
(d) It is something of the past.
4. What is the name of the first volume of Either/Or?
(a) The Rotation Method.
(b) The Square Method.
(d) The Seducer's Diary.
5. What is Kierkegaard aware of concerning Fear and Trembling?
(a) It will be translated into many languages.
(b) It is not that good.
(c) Everyone will hate it.
(d) The Denmark Church will be offended.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard use when he writes about the Knight of Faith with the Knight of Infinite Resignation?
2. What is the author arguing is more important than the content of Either/Or?
3. What is Kierkegaard undergoing after his conversion?
4. What does Kierkegaard distinguish between in Either/Or?
5. What does Kierkegaard feel about the prevalent ideas about the universe and distinction?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)