|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Repetition: An Essay in Experimental Psychology.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard say truth is constituted of?
(a) Faith and events.
(b) The word of Christ.
(d) Parts that may initially seem at odds.
2. What is Kierkegaard feeling at the start of The Journals?
3. What are the Two Edifying Discourse written for?
(a) To strengthen the faith of the individual.
(b) Contradict Hegel.
(c) Make money.
(d) Seduce Regina.
4. What does Kierkegaard fight against according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 5?
(c) The Denmark State Church.
(d) Subconscious aspects of the self.
5. What does Repetition have that lacks in many of Kierkegaard's works?
(a) A plot.
(d) A third person point of view.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kierkegaard characterize his interpretation of the facts after his conversion?
2. What name does Kierkegaard use to publish the Two Edifying Discourses?
3. What does Kierkegaard believe lies at the center of Christianity?
4. What pseudonym does Kierkegaard use to publish Either/Or?
5. How old is Kierkegaard at the age of his conversion?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)