|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Repetition: An Essay in Experimental Psychology.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where in Either/Or are the edifying discourses published?
(a) Chapter 5.
(b) Chapter 1.
(c) Chapter 3.
(d) Chapter 2.
2. What does Kierkegaard do before leaving for Berlin at the star of Either/Or?
(a) Buries his dog, Maximus.
(b) Writes a book.
(c) Goes to church.
(d) Breaks off his engagement with Regina Olsen.
3. What pseudonym does Kierkegaard use to publish Either/Or?
(a) Victor Eremita.
(b) Marcus Temporarus.
(c) Sophie Marcus.
(d) Emile Proust.
4. What is Kierkegaard undergoing after his conversion?
(a) A physical transformation.
(b) The flu.
(c) A terrible revolution.
(d) A change of heart.
5. What does Kierkegaard think Fear and Trembling represents?
(a) His entire life.
(b) His childhood.
(c) Regina's past.
(d) The word of Christ.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert Bretall say Kierkegaard is in the Two Edifying Discourses?
2. What does Kierkegaard think Fear and Trembling will do to the reader?
3. What does Kierkegaard know about himself in The Journals?
4. What shall not fall to the ground without the will of the Father according to The Journals?
5. What does the meditation in Fear and Trembling illustrate?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)