|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Repetition: An Essay in Experimental Psychology.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard distinguish between in Either/Or?
(a) Life and death.
(b) Direct and indirect communication.
(c) Catholics and Protestant dogma.
(d) Love and hate.
2. What do many intellectuals agree on in the 19th century concerning the universe?
(a) The Universe is infinite.
(b) The Universe is limited only by our love of Christ.
(c) The Universe is where we are.
(d) Universe is pure unity.
3. What cities does Kierkegaard write Either/Or in?
(a) London and Paris.
(b) Rome and Berlin.
(c) Paris and Nice.
(d) Berlin and Copenhagen.
4. Who is Regina Olsen?
(a) Kierkegaard's sister.
(b) Kierkegaard's fiancee.
(c) Kierkegaard's editor.
(d) Kierkegaard's agent.
5. What is Kierkegaard stunned by in The Journals?
(a) The feelings of Chris.
(b) The power of God.
(c) His own nothingness.
(d) His own feeling.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where in Either/Or are the edifying discourses published?
2. What is Kierkegaard aware of concerning Fear and Trembling?
3. What is Kierkegaard's pseudonym in Repetition?
4. Of what book is a large portion reproduced in Either/Or?
5. What is Kierkegaard feeling at the start of The Journals?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)