|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Repetition: An Essay in Experimental Psychology.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kierkegaard's pseudonym in Repetition?
(a) Marc Antony.
(b) Constantine Contantius.
(c) Julius Antonius.
(d) Constantine Traversius.
2. When does Kierkegaard write about truth in Either/Or?
(a) In Chapter 2.
(b) Toward the middle.
(c) In the first chapter.
(d) Toward the end.
3. What does Kierkegaard say of the truth that teaches and builds up the human person in Two Edifying Discourses?
(a) It is the only truth worth having.
(b) It is the only truth that can make a difference in our lives.
(c) It is one truth among many.
(d) It is useless.
4. What pseudonym does Kierkegaard use to publish Either/Or?
(a) Emile Proust.
(b) Victor Eremita.
(c) Sophie Marcus.
(d) Marcus Temporarus.
5. What does Kierkegaard think Fear and Trembling will do to the reader?
(a) Make him convert.
(b) Make him think.
(c) Terrify him.
(d) Amuse him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do many intellectuals agree on in the 19th century concerning the universe?
2. Who's lecture does Kierkegaard attend?
3. What is the name of the first volume of Either/Or?
4. What does Repetition have that lacks in many of Kierkegaard's works?
5. Who does Kierkegaard think is the most likely person to understand the ideas in Fear and Trembling?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)