|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Repetition: An Essay in Experimental Psychology.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard think Fear and Trembling represents?
(a) His childhood.
(b) Regina's past.
(c) His entire life.
(d) The word of Christ.
2. What does Kierkegaard think what his family receives is?
(a) Bad luck.
(c) A punishment.
(d) A good omen.
3. What does Kierkegaard attempt to do according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 5?
(a) Attend church.
(b) Love himself.
(c) Marry Regina.
(d) Act as honestly as possible.
4. Who does Kierkegaard write his pseudonymous work for according to Fear and Trembling?
(c) The public.
5. What does Robert Bretall say is difficult to discern in Kierkegaard's writing?
(a) If the love of Christ guides him.
(b) Which aspects of Kierkegaard are present.
(c) Who he is talking to.
(d) If he is Christian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do The Journals say Kierkegaard feels?
2. What is Kierkegaard undergoing after his conversion?
3. What name does Kierkegaard use to publish the Two Edifying Discourses?
4. What is Kierkegaard feeling at the start of The Journals?
5. What does the first letter in Either/Or analyze?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)