|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Repetition: An Essay in Experimental Psychology.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard feel about the prevalent ideas about the universe and distinction?
(a) He embraces them.
(b) He doubts them.
(c) He finds them unsubstantiated.
(d) He hates them.
2. What is Kierkegaard undergoing after his conversion?
(a) The flu.
(b) A terrible revolution.
(c) A change of heart.
(d) A physical transformation.
3. What does Kierkegaard think Fear and Trembling represents?
(a) The word of Christ.
(b) His childhood.
(c) His entire life.
(d) Regina's past.
4. What happens to Kierkegaard and Regina's relationship?
(a) Kierkegaard fires her.
(b) Kierkegaard replaces her.
(c) Regina dies.
(d) Kierkegaard breaks off the engagement.
5. How does Kierkegaard characterize his interpretation of the facts after his conversion?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the author arguing is more important than the content of Either/Or?
2. What does the meditation in Fear and Trembling illustrate?
3. What does Kierkegaard meditate on in Fear and Trembling?
4. What does Kierkegaard say he cannot do with Regina?
5. What does Kierkegaard's pseudonymous writing tell part of?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)