|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who's letter does Either/Or contain a series of?
(d) Judge William's.
2. What does Kierkegaard think Fear and Trembling will do to the reader?
(a) Make him think.
(b) Make him convert.
(c) Terrify him.
(d) Amuse him.
3. What does Kierkegaard do before leaving for Berlin at the star of Either/Or?
(a) Writes a book.
(b) Goes to church.
(c) Breaks off his engagement with Regina Olsen.
(d) Buries his dog, Maximus.
4. What is Kierkegaard stunned by in The Journals?
(a) His own feeling.
(b) The power of God.
(c) The feelings of Chris.
(d) His own nothingness.
5. What does the first letter in Either/Or analyze?
(b) God's influence on mankind.
(c) Romantic love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard think Fear and Trembling represents?
2. Who is Regina Olsen?
3. How does Kierkegaard characterize his interpretation of the facts after his conversion?
4. What is the name of the first volume of Either/Or?
5. What does Robert Bretall say is difficult to discern in Kierkegaard's writing?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)