|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country's philosophy does the philosopher who Kierkegaard opposes in Either/Or most influence?
2. When does Kierkegaard write about truth in Either/Or?
(a) In Chapter 2.
(b) Toward the middle.
(c) In the first chapter.
(d) Toward the end.
3. What does the first letter in Either/Or analyze?
(c) Romantic love.
(d) God's influence on mankind.
4. What is the main theme of Fear and Trembling?
(a) The encounter between the individual and the universe.
5. What does Chapter 1 say Kierkegaard is conflicted between?
(a) Love and hate.
(b) Wonder and hate.
(c) Love and despair.
(d) Wonder and despair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Outside of what does Fear and Trembling not make sense?
2. Who's ideas does Kierkegaard oppose in Either/Or?
3. What does Kierkegaard know about himself in The Journals?
4. What does Kierkegaard think what his family receives is?
5. What does Kierkegaard think will happen with what his family received?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)