|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard do before leaving for Berlin at the star of Either/Or?
(a) Breaks off his engagement with Regina Olsen.
(b) Goes to church.
(c) Buries his dog, Maximus.
(d) Writes a book.
2. What cities does Kierkegaard write Either/Or in?
(a) London and Paris.
(b) Paris and Nice.
(c) Rome and Berlin.
(d) Berlin and Copenhagen.
3. Where in Either/Or are the edifying discourses published?
(a) Chapter 2.
(b) Chapter 1.
(c) Chapter 3.
(d) Chapter 5.
4. What does Kierkegaard think Fear and Trembling represents?
(a) His entire life.
(b) His childhood.
(c) The word of Christ.
(d) Regina's past.
5. What does Kierkegaard think will happen with what his family received?
(a) It will come from time to time.
(b) It is something of the past.
(c) It will continue.
(d) It will disappear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard argue major choices in life are not choices of?
2. What does Kierkegaard argue life is?
3. Of what book is a large portion reproduced in Either/Or?
4. What is the main theme of Fear and Trembling?
5. What does Kierkegaard say truth is constituted of?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)