|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard feel about the prevalent ideas about the universe and distinction?
(a) He hates them.
(b) He doubts them.
(c) He finds them unsubstantiated.
(d) He embraces them.
2. Of what book is a large portion reproduced in Either/Or?
(a) How to be a Christian.
(b) Romantic Love.
(c) The Seducer's Diary.
(d) How to love.
3. Who's ideas does Kierkegaard oppose in Either/Or?
(b) G.W.F Hegel.
4. What shall not fall to the ground without the will of the Father according to The Journals?
(a) A man.
(b) A sparrow.
(c) An elephant.
(d) A mouse.
5. What does Kierkegaard think Fear and Trembling will do to the reader?
(a) Make him think.
(b) Make him convert.
(c) Terrify him.
(d) Amuse him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard think will happen with what his family received?
2. What is the author arguing is more important than the content of Either/Or?
3. Who does Kierkegaard think is the most likely person to understand the ideas in Fear and Trembling?
4. What does Kierkegaard argue major choices in life are choices of?
5. What does Kierkegaard say truth is constituted of?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)