|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kierkegaard letting himself do at the start of The Journals?
(a) Remain silent.
(b) Pass out of himself.
(c) Indulge himself with food.
(d) Worship Christ.
2. What happens to Kierkegaard and Regina's relationship?
(a) Kierkegaard breaks off the engagement.
(b) Regina dies.
(c) Kierkegaard replaces her.
(d) Kierkegaard fires her.
3. What does the first letter in Either/Or analyze?
(c) Romantic love.
(d) God's influence on mankind.
4. What does Kierkegaard think Fear and Trembling represents?
(a) His entire life.
(b) His childhood.
(c) Regina's past.
(d) The word of Christ.
5. Outside of what does Fear and Trembling not make sense?
(a) The Protestant faith.
(b) Kierkegaard's life.
(c) An asylum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What pseudonym does Kierkegaard use to publish Either/Or?
2. What does the meditation in Fear and Trembling illustrate?
3. What do many intellectuals agree on in the 19th century concerning distinctions?
4. What does Kierkegaard say he cannot do with Regina?
5. Of what book is a large portion reproduced in Either/Or?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)