|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Outside of what does Fear and Trembling not make sense?
(a) An asylum.
(c) Kierkegaard's life.
(d) The Protestant faith.
2. What is Kierkegaard undergoing after his conversion?
(a) A terrible revolution.
(b) A physical transformation.
(c) A change of heart.
(d) The flu.
3. What pseudonym does Kierkegaard use to publish Either/Or?
(a) Emile Proust.
(b) Victor Eremita.
(c) Marcus Temporarus.
(d) Sophie Marcus.
4. What name does Kierkegaard use to publish the Two Edifying Discourses?
(a) Natus Metalus.
(b) His own.
(c) Marcus Angelicus.
(d) Lorentium Sisium.
5. What does Kierkegaard say truth is constituted of?
(b) The word of Christ.
(c) Parts that may initially seem at odds.
(d) Faith and events.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who's lecture does Kierkegaard attend?
2. What do many intellectuals agree on in the 19th century concerning distinctions?
3. What does Kierkegaard distinguish between in Either/Or?
4. What does Chapter 1 say Kierkegaard is conflicted between?
5. What country's philosophy does the philosopher who Kierkegaard opposes in Either/Or most influence?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)