|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kierkegaard feeling at the start of The Journals?
2. What does the meditation in Fear and Trembling illustrate?
(a) Kierkegaard's love for Regina.
(b) Kierkegaard's regrets.
(c) Kierkegaard's happiness.
(d) Kierkegaard's love for mistery.
3. What is Kierkegaard aware of concerning Fear and Trembling?
(a) It is not that good.
(b) It will be translated into many languages.
(c) Everyone will hate it.
(d) The Denmark Church will be offended.
4. What is Kierkegaard letting himself do at the start of The Journals?
(a) Worship Christ.
(b) Remain silent.
(c) Pass out of himself.
(d) Indulge himself with food.
5. What does Chapter 1 say Kierkegaard is conflicted between?
(a) Wonder and despair.
(b) Love and despair.
(c) Wonder and hate.
(d) Love and hate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does The Journals say Kierkegaard was on July 29, 1835?
2. What is the author arguing is more important than the content of Either/Or?
3. What happens to Kierkegaard and Regina's relationship?
4. Outside of what does Fear and Trembling not make sense?
5. What pseudonym does Kierkegaard use to publish Either/Or?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)