|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Kierkegaard write about truth in Either/Or?
(a) Toward the middle.
(b) In Chapter 2.
(c) Toward the end.
(d) In the first chapter.
2. What is Kierkegaard feeling at the start of The Journals?
3. Where does The Journals say Kierkegaard was on July 29, 1835?
4. What does Kierkegaard know about himself in The Journals?
(a) He is mistaken.
(b) He is a fraud.
(c) He is both great and small.
(d) He loves God.
5. What does Robert Bretall say is difficult to discern in Kierkegaard's writing?
(a) If the love of Christ guides him.
(b) Which aspects of Kierkegaard are present.
(c) Who he is talking to.
(d) If he is Christian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard argue major choices in life are choices of?
2. What shall not fall to the ground without the will of the Father according to The Journals?
3. What does Kierkegaard believe lies at the center of Christianity?
4. What does the meditation in Fear and Trembling illustrate?
5. What does Kierkegaard say he cannot do with Regina?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)