|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who's letter does Either/Or contain a series of?
(c) Judge William's.
2. Where in Either/Or are the edifying discourses published?
(a) Chapter 2.
(b) Chapter 3.
(c) Chapter 1.
(d) Chapter 5.
3. What is Kierkegaard stunned by in The Journals?
(a) The feelings of Chris.
(b) The power of God.
(c) His own nothingness.
(d) His own feeling.
4. What does Kierkegaard use when he writes about the Knight of Faith with the Knight of Infinite Resignation?
(c) Impossible situations.
5. What does Kierkegaard think what his family receives is?
(a) A good omen.
(c) A punishment.
(d) Bad luck.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Kierkegaard write about truth in Either/Or?
2. What does Robert Bretall say is difficult to discern in Kierkegaard's writing?
3. What does Robert Bretall say Kierkegaard is in the Two Edifying Discourses?
4. What does Kierkegaard say truth is discovered in?
5. What is Kierkegaard feeling at the start of The Journals?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)