|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What pseudonym does Kierkegaard use to publish Either/Or?
(a) Victor Eremita.
(b) Sophie Marcus.
(c) Emile Proust.
(d) Marcus Temporarus.
2. What is Kierkegaard aware of in The Journals?
(a) His errors.
(b) His longing for Regina.
(c) His self interest.
(d) His nothingness.
3. What is Kierkegaard letting himself do at the start of The Journals?
(a) Pass out of himself.
(b) Indulge himself with food.
(c) Remain silent.
(d) Worship Christ.
4. What is Kierkegaard feeling at the start of The Journals?
5. What does Robert Bretall say Kierkegaard is in the Two Edifying Discourses?
(a) A fiction writer.
(b) A liar.
(c) A theopolian.
(d) A poet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard say truth is constituted of?
2. What does Kierkegaard think will happen with what his family received?
3. What happens to Kierkegaard and Regina's relationship?
4. What is Kierkegaard undergoing after his conversion?
5. What is the name of the first volume of Either/Or?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)