|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do The Journals say Kierkegaard feels?
(c) In love.
2. What does Kierkegaard think Fear and Trembling will do to the reader?
(a) Make him think.
(b) Make him convert.
(c) Amuse him.
(d) Terrify him.
3. What does Kierkegaard know about himself in The Journals?
(a) He is a fraud.
(b) He is both great and small.
(c) He is mistaken.
(d) He loves God.
4. Where in Either/Or are the edifying discourses published?
(a) Chapter 1.
(b) Chapter 2.
(c) Chapter 5.
(d) Chapter 3.
5. What is Kierkegaard undergoing after his conversion?
(a) A terrible revolution.
(b) A physical transformation.
(c) The flu.
(d) A change of heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What pseudonym does Kierkegaard use to publish Either/Or?
2. How long does it take Kierkegaard to write Fear and Trembling?
3. What does Kierkegaard believe lies at the center of Christianity?
4. What does Kierkegaard argue life is?
5. What does Kierkegaard argue major choices in life are not choices of?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)