|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kierkegaard aware of concerning Fear and Trembling?
(a) It will be translated into many languages.
(b) Everyone will hate it.
(c) The Denmark Church will be offended.
(d) It is not that good.
2. How does Kierkegaard characterize his interpretation of the facts after his conversion?
3. How old is Kierkegaard at the age of his conversion?
(a) 25 years old.
(b) 26 years old.
(c) 14 years old.
(d) 35 years old.
4. What is the author arguing is more important than the content of Either/Or?
(a) The title.
(b) The way the book was launched.
(c) Kierkegaard's analysis.
(d) Kierkegaard's footnotes.
5. What does Kierkegaard meditate on in Fear and Trembling?
(a) The resurrection.
(b) A sparrow.
(c) Abraham's call to kill his son Isaac.
(d) The incarnation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Regina Olsen?
2. What does Kierkegaard distinguish between in Either/Or?
3. What does Kierkegaard say truth is discovered in?
4. What does Chapter 1 say Kierkegaard is conflicted between?
5. What is Kierkegaard letting himself do at the start of The Journals?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)