|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do many intellectuals agree on in the 19th century concerning the universe?
(a) The Universe is infinite.
(b) The Universe is where we are.
(c) The Universe is limited only by our love of Christ.
(d) Universe is pure unity.
2. What is Kierkegaard undergoing after his conversion?
(a) A terrible revolution.
(b) A physical transformation.
(c) A change of heart.
(d) The flu.
3. How old is Kierkegaard at the age of his conversion?
(a) 25 years old.
(b) 14 years old.
(c) 26 years old.
(d) 35 years old.
4. What does Kierkegaard argue major choices in life are not choices of?
5. What is the author arguing is more important than the content of Either/Or?
(a) The title.
(b) The way the book was launched.
(c) Kierkegaard's footnotes.
(d) Kierkegaard's analysis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard use when he writes about the Knight of Faith with the Knight of Infinite Resignation?
2. What does Kierkegaard argue life is?
3. What does Kierkegaard think Fear and Trembling represents?
4. What does Kierkegaard distinguish between in Either/Or?
5. What is Kierkegaard aware of concerning Fear and Trembling?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)