|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Regina Olsen?
(a) Kierkegaard's editor.
(b) Kierkegaard's fiancee.
(c) Kierkegaard's agent.
(d) Kierkegaard's sister.
2. What does Chapter 1 say Kierkegaard is conflicted between?
(a) Wonder and hate.
(b) Love and despair.
(c) Wonder and despair.
(d) Love and hate.
3. What does Kierkegaard say truth is discovered in?
(a) The heart.
(d) One self.
4. What does Kierkegaard say of the truth that teaches and builds up the human person in Two Edifying Discourses?
(a) It is the only truth that can make a difference in our lives.
(b) It is useless.
(c) It is the only truth worth having.
(d) It is one truth among many.
5. What does Robert Bretall say is difficult to discern in Kierkegaard's writing?
(a) If he is Christian.
(b) If the love of Christ guides him.
(c) Which aspects of Kierkegaard are present.
(d) Who he is talking to.
Short Answer Questions
1. What cities does Kierkegaard write Either/Or in?
2. Who's letter does Either/Or contain a series of?
3. What is Kierkegaard undergoing after his conversion?
4. What does Kierkegaard meditate on in Fear and Trembling?
5. What does Kierkegaard's pseudonymous writing tell part of?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)