|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard know about himself in The Journals?
(a) He is mistaken.
(b) He is both great and small.
(c) He loves God.
(d) He is a fraud.
2. What does Kierkegaard think will happen with what his family received?
(a) It is something of the past.
(b) It will come from time to time.
(c) It will disappear.
(d) It will continue.
3. What does Kierkegaard argue major choices in life are choices of?
4. When does Kierkegaard write about truth in Either/Or?
(a) In the first chapter.
(b) Toward the end.
(c) Toward the middle.
(d) In Chapter 2.
5. What is Kierkegaard feeling at the start of The Journals?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does The Journals say Kierkegaard was on July 29, 1835?
2. Who's ideas does Kierkegaard oppose in Either/Or?
3. What country's philosophy does the philosopher who Kierkegaard opposes in Either/Or most influence?
4. What does the meditation in Fear and Trembling illustrate?
5. What do truth and art require according to Fear and Trembling?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)