|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard distinguish between in Either/Or?
(a) Catholics and Protestant dogma.
(b) Life and death.
(c) Love and hate.
(d) Direct and indirect communication.
2. What does Kierkegaard say he cannot do with Regina?
(b) Talk to her about her work.
(c) Talk religion.
(d) Share things about himself.
3. Who does Kierkegaard write his pseudonymous work for according to Fear and Trembling?
(d) The public.
4. What does Robert Bretall say is difficult to discern in Kierkegaard's writing?
(a) Who he is talking to.
(b) Which aspects of Kierkegaard are present.
(c) If he is Christian.
(d) If the love of Christ guides him.
5. What country's philosophy does the philosopher who Kierkegaard opposes in Either/Or most influence?
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Kierkegaard use to publish the Two Edifying Discourses?
2. Of what book is a large portion reproduced in Either/Or?
3. What does Kierkegaard think Fear and Trembling will do to the reader?
4. What pseudonym does Kierkegaard use to publish Either/Or?
5. Outside of what does Fear and Trembling not make sense?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)