|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who's letter does Either/Or contain a series of?
(a) Judge William's.
2. Who's ideas does Kierkegaard oppose in Either/Or?
(d) G.W.F Hegel.
3. What do many intellectuals agree on in the 19th century concerning distinctions?
(a) Distinctions are illusory.
(b) Distinctions separate man from beast.
(c) Distinctions are not distinctive.
(d) Distinctions are overrated.
4. What does Kierkegaard's pseudonymous writing tell part of?
(a) Regina's views.
(b) Socrates' views.
(c) His thoughts on aspects of his philosophy.
(d) Hegel's views.
5. How old is Kierkegaard at the age of his conversion?
(a) 25 years old.
(b) 35 years old.
(c) 14 years old.
(d) 26 years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What pseudonym does Kierkegaard use to publish Either/Or?
2. What does Robert Bretall say is difficult to discern in Kierkegaard's writing?
3. Who is Regina Olsen?
4. What is Kierkegaard aware of in The Journals?
5. What does Kierkegaard think Fear and Trembling will do to the reader?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)