|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kierkegaard aware of concerning Fear and Trembling?
(a) Everyone will hate it.
(b) The Denmark Church will be offended.
(c) It will be translated into many languages.
(d) It is not that good.
2. What do The Journals say Kierkegaard feels?
(a) In love.
3. What does Kierkegaard say of the truth that teaches and builds up the human person in Two Edifying Discourses?
(a) It is one truth among many.
(b) It is the only truth worth having.
(c) It is the only truth that can make a difference in our lives.
(d) It is useless.
4. What does Kierkegaard distinguish between in Either/Or?
(a) Life and death.
(b) Catholics and Protestant dogma.
(c) Love and hate.
(d) Direct and indirect communication.
5. What are the Two Edifying Discourse written for?
(a) Seduce Regina.
(b) To strengthen the faith of the individual.
(c) Contradict Hegel.
(d) Make money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what book is a large portion reproduced in Either/Or?
2. What pseudonym does Kierkegaard use to publish Either/Or?
3. What do many intellectuals agree on in the 19th century concerning distinctions?
4. Where in Either/Or are the edifying discourses published?
5. What does Kierkegaard think Fear and Trembling represents?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)