|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard say of the truth that teaches and builds up the human person in Two Edifying Discourses?
(a) It is useless.
(b) It is the only truth that can make a difference in our lives.
(c) It is the only truth worth having.
(d) It is one truth among many.
2. What does Kierkegaard think Fear and Trembling represents?
(a) His entire life.
(b) His childhood.
(c) Regina's past.
(d) The word of Christ.
3. What does Kierkegaard meditate on in Fear and Trembling?
(a) The resurrection.
(b) Abraham's call to kill his son Isaac.
(c) The incarnation.
(d) A sparrow.
4. What does Kierkegaard feel about the prevalent ideas about the universe and distinction?
(a) He embraces them.
(b) He finds them unsubstantiated.
(c) He hates them.
(d) He doubts them.
5. Who's letter does Either/Or contain a series of?
(c) Judge William's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard say truth is discovered in?
2. What does Kierkegaard's pseudonymous writing tell part of?
3. What do truth and art require according to Fear and Trembling?
4. What is Kierkegaard aware of in The Journals?
5. Which of the Two Edifying Discourses does Kierkegaard prefer?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)