|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard think Fear and Trembling will do to the reader?
(a) Make him think.
(b) Make him convert.
(c) Amuse him.
(d) Terrify him.
2. What is Kierkegaard feeling at the start of The Journals?
3. Outside of what does Fear and Trembling not make sense?
(a) An asylum.
(b) Kierkegaard's life.
(c) The Protestant faith.
4. What country's philosophy does the philosopher who Kierkegaard opposes in Either/Or most influence?
5. Who does Kierkegaard think is the most likely person to understand the ideas in Fear and Trembling?
(a) A priest.
(b) A theologian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard think Fear and Trembling represents?
2. What is the author arguing is more important than the content of Either/Or?
3. Who is Regina Olsen?
4. What pseudonym does Kierkegaard use to publish Either/Or?
5. Where in Either/Or are the edifying discourses published?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)