|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert Bretall say Kierkegaard is in the Two Edifying Discourses?
(a) A fiction writer.
(b) A liar.
(c) A theopolian.
(d) A poet.
2. What country's philosophy does the philosopher who Kierkegaard opposes in Either/Or most influence?
3. What does Robert Bretall say is difficult to discern in Kierkegaard's writing?
(a) If the love of Christ guides him.
(b) Who he is talking to.
(c) If he is Christian.
(d) Which aspects of Kierkegaard are present.
4. What name does Kierkegaard use to publish the Two Edifying Discourses?
(a) Natus Metalus.
(b) Marcus Angelicus.
(c) His own.
(d) Lorentium Sisium.
5. Which of the Two Edifying Discourses does Kierkegaard prefer?
(a) All of them.
(b) None of them.
(c) The first one.
(d) The last one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard think will happen with what his family received?
2. What cities does Kierkegaard write Either/Or in?
3. Who does Kierkegaard think is the most likely person to understand the ideas in Fear and Trembling?
4. What pseudonym does Kierkegaard use to publish Either/Or?
5. What does Kierkegaard feel about the prevalent ideas about the universe and distinction?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)