|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard argue life is?
(a) A series of moments.
(b) The time between our birth and our death.
(c) A series of stark choices.
(d) The time between our acceptance of the love of Christ and our death.
2. What do The Journals say Kierkegaard feels?
(d) In love.
3. What does Kierkegaard think Fear and Trembling represents?
(a) His childhood.
(b) His entire life.
(c) Regina's past.
(d) The word of Christ.
4. What does Kierkegaard say he cannot do with Regina?
(a) Share things about himself.
(b) Talk to her about her work.
(c) Talk religion.
5. What does Kierkegaard say truth is constituted of?
(a) Faith and events.
(b) The word of Christ.
(d) Parts that may initially seem at odds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert Bretall say Kierkegaard is in the Two Edifying Discourses?
2. What shall not fall to the ground without the will of the Father according to The Journals?
3. What does Kierkegaard think what his family receives is?
4. What do truth and art require according to Fear and Trembling?
5. What is the author arguing is more important than the content of Either/Or?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)