|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard's pseudonymous writing tell part of?
(a) Regina's views.
(b) Socrates' views.
(c) Hegel's views.
(d) His thoughts on aspects of his philosophy.
2. What does Kierkegaard feel about the prevalent ideas about the universe and distinction?
(a) He embraces them.
(b) He hates them.
(c) He doubts them.
(d) He finds them unsubstantiated.
3. What does Kierkegaard think will happen with what his family received?
(a) It will continue.
(b) It will disappear.
(c) It will come from time to time.
(d) It is something of the past.
4. What cities does Kierkegaard write Either/Or in?
(a) Berlin and Copenhagen.
(b) Rome and Berlin.
(c) London and Paris.
(d) Paris and Nice.
5. What is the author arguing is more important than the content of Either/Or?
(a) Kierkegaard's analysis.
(b) Kierkegaard's footnotes.
(c) The title.
(d) The way the book was launched.
Short Answer Questions
1. What pseudonym does Kierkegaard use to publish Either/Or?
2. How does Kierkegaard characterize his interpretation of the facts after his conversion?
3. What does Kierkegaard say of the truth that teaches and builds up the human person in Two Edifying Discourses?
4. What is the main theme of Fear and Trembling?
5. Outside of what does Fear and Trembling not make sense?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)