|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does The Journals say Kierkegaard was on July 29, 1835?
2. What does Kierkegaard know about himself in The Journals?
(a) He is mistaken.
(b) He loves God.
(c) He is both great and small.
(d) He is a fraud.
3. What is Kierkegaard letting himself do at the start of The Journals?
(a) Worship Christ.
(b) Pass out of himself.
(c) Remain silent.
(d) Indulge himself with food.
4. Who's lecture does Kierkegaard attend?
(d) Igor Stensen's.
5. How does Kierkegaard characterize his interpretation of the facts after his conversion?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Regina Olsen?
2. What country's philosophy does the philosopher who Kierkegaard opposes in Either/Or most influence?
3. What is the name of the first volume of Either/Or?
4. What does Kierkegaard distinguish between in Either/Or?
5. Where in Either/Or are the edifying discourses published?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)