|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Either/Or, A Fragment of Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard argue life is?
(a) A series of stark choices.
(b) The time between our acceptance of the love of Christ and our death.
(c) The time between our birth and our death.
(d) A series of moments.
2. What is Kierkegaard stunned by in The Journals?
(a) The power of God.
(b) The feelings of Chris.
(c) His own nothingness.
(d) His own feeling.
3. What does Chapter 1 say Kierkegaard is conflicted between?
(a) Wonder and hate.
(b) Love and despair.
(c) Wonder and despair.
(d) Love and hate.
4. What does Kierkegaard think his family received?
(a) A curse.
(b) Good luck.
(c) An inheritance.
(d) A gift from God.
5. What happens to Kierkegaard and Regina's relationship?
(a) Regina dies.
(b) Kierkegaard replaces her.
(c) Kierkegaard fires her.
(d) Kierkegaard breaks off the engagement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard know about himself in The Journals?
2. Who's ideas does Kierkegaard oppose in Either/Or?
3. What does Kierkegaard feel about the prevalent ideas about the universe and distinction?
4. Where does The Journals say Kierkegaard was on July 29, 1835?
5. What do many intellectuals agree on in the 19th century concerning the universe?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)