|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Either/Or, A Fragment of Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the first volume of Either/Or?
(a) The Seducer's Diary.
(b) The Square Method.
(d) The Rotation Method.
2. What is Kierkegaard aware of in The Journals?
(a) His self interest.
(b) His nothingness.
(c) His errors.
(d) His longing for Regina.
3. What does Kierkegaard feel about the prevalent ideas about the universe and distinction?
(a) He finds them unsubstantiated.
(b) He hates them.
(c) He embraces them.
(d) He doubts them.
4. What country's philosophy does the philosopher who Kierkegaard opposes in Either/Or most influence?
5. Who is Regina Olsen?
(a) Kierkegaard's fiancee.
(b) Kierkegaard's sister.
(c) Kierkegaard's agent.
(d) Kierkegaard's editor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard do before leaving for Berlin at the star of Either/Or?
2. What happens to Kierkegaard and Regina's relationship?
3. How old is Kierkegaard at the age of his conversion?
4. What shall not fall to the ground without the will of the Father according to The Journals?
5. What does Kierkegaard argue major choices in life are choices of?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)