|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Either/Or, A Fragment of Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the author arguing is more important than the content of Either/Or?
(a) The way the book was launched.
(b) The title.
(c) Kierkegaard's analysis.
(d) Kierkegaard's footnotes.
2. What is Kierkegaard aware of in The Journals?
(a) His errors.
(b) His self interest.
(c) His nothingness.
(d) His longing for Regina.
3. How old is Kierkegaard at the age of his conversion?
(a) 14 years old.
(b) 26 years old.
(c) 25 years old.
(d) 35 years old.
4. What does Kierkegaard argue life is?
(a) The time between our acceptance of the love of Christ and our death.
(b) The time between our birth and our death.
(c) A series of moments.
(d) A series of stark choices.
5. What is Kierkegaard letting himself do at the start of The Journals?
(a) Remain silent.
(b) Worship Christ.
(c) Pass out of himself.
(d) Indulge himself with food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard know about himself in The Journals?
2. What does Kierkegaard think his family received?
3. Where does The Journals say Kierkegaard was on July 29, 1835?
4. What do many intellectuals agree on in the 19th century concerning distinctions?
5. What does Kierkegaard think will happen with what his family received?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)