|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Either/Or, A Fragment of Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard think will happen with what his family received?
(a) It is something of the past.
(b) It will come from time to time.
(c) It will disappear.
(d) It will continue.
2. What does Kierkegaard feel about the prevalent ideas about the universe and distinction?
(a) He finds them unsubstantiated.
(b) He hates them.
(c) He doubts them.
(d) He embraces them.
3. What does Kierkegaard distinguish between in Either/Or?
(a) Direct and indirect communication.
(b) Life and death.
(c) Catholics and Protestant dogma.
(d) Love and hate.
4. What do many intellectuals agree on in the 19th century concerning the universe?
(a) The Universe is limited only by our love of Christ.
(b) Universe is pure unity.
(c) The Universe is where we are.
(d) The Universe is infinite.
5. What does Kierkegaard think his family received?
(a) An inheritance.
(b) A gift from God.
(c) Good luck.
(d) A curse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chapter 1 say Kierkegaard is conflicted between?
2. What is the name of the first volume of Either/Or?
3. Who's lecture does Kierkegaard attend?
4. What does Kierkegaard argue major choices in life are choices of?
5. What does the first letter in Either/Or analyze?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)