|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Either/Or, A Fragment of Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Kierkegaard and Regina's relationship?
(a) Kierkegaard fires her.
(b) Kierkegaard replaces her.
(c) Regina dies.
(d) Kierkegaard breaks off the engagement.
2. What does Kierkegaard argue life is?
(a) The time between our acceptance of the love of Christ and our death.
(b) A series of moments.
(c) A series of stark choices.
(d) The time between our birth and our death.
3. What does the first letter in Either/Or analyze?
(a) Romantic love.
(b) God's influence on mankind.
4. Who's letter does Either/Or contain a series of?
(d) Judge William's.
5. What is the author arguing is more important than the content of Either/Or?
(a) Kierkegaard's analysis.
(b) The title.
(c) Kierkegaard's footnotes.
(d) The way the book was launched.
Short Answer Questions
1. What pseudonym does Kierkegaard use to publish Either/Or?
2. What does Kierkegaard know about himself in The Journals?
3. What do many intellectuals agree on in the 19th century concerning the universe?
4. What does Kierkegaard feel about the prevalent ideas about the universe and distinction?
5. What do many intellectuals agree on in the 19th century concerning distinctions?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)