|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Either/Or, A Fragment of Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kierkegaard feeling at the start of The Journals?
2. How does Kierkegaard characterize his interpretation of the facts after his conversion?
3. What does Kierkegaard say he cannot do with Regina?
(a) Share things about himself.
(c) Talk religion.
(d) Talk to her about her work.
4. What does Kierkegaard argue life is?
(a) A series of stark choices.
(b) The time between our birth and our death.
(c) A series of moments.
(d) The time between our acceptance of the love of Christ and our death.
5. What does Chapter 1 say Kierkegaard is conflicted between?
(a) Wonder and despair.
(b) Love and hate.
(c) Wonder and hate.
(d) Love and despair.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Kierkegaard at the age of his conversion?
2. What shall not fall to the ground without the will of the Father according to The Journals?
3. What do The Journals say Kierkegaard feels?
4. Who's ideas does Kierkegaard oppose in Either/Or?
5. What do many intellectuals agree on in the 19th century concerning the universe?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)