|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Either/Or, A Fragment of Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard think will happen with what his family received?
(a) It will disappear.
(b) It is something of the past.
(c) It will continue.
(d) It will come from time to time.
2. What shall not fall to the ground without the will of the Father according to The Journals?
(a) A sparrow.
(b) An elephant.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A man.
3. What is Kierkegaard feeling at the start of The Journals?
4. What is the name of the first volume of Either/Or?
(a) The Square Method.
(b) The Rotation Method.
(d) The Seducer's Diary.
5. What is Kierkegaard stunned by in The Journals?
(a) His own feeling.
(b) The feelings of Chris.
(c) His own nothingness.
(d) The power of God.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kierkegaard letting himself do at the start of The Journals?
2. What does Kierkegaard feel about the prevalent ideas about the universe and distinction?
3. Who's letter does Either/Or contain a series of?
4. What does Kierkegaard argue life is?
5. What country's philosophy does the philosopher who Kierkegaard opposes in Either/Or most influence?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)