|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Either/Or, A Fragment of Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the first letter in Either/Or analyze?
(a) God's influence on mankind.
(c) Romantic love.
2. What does Kierkegaard argue major choices in life are choices of?
3. What does Kierkegaard feel about the prevalent ideas about the universe and distinction?
(a) He hates them.
(b) He embraces them.
(c) He doubts them.
(d) He finds them unsubstantiated.
4. What does Kierkegaard do before leaving for Berlin at the star of Either/Or?
(a) Writes a book.
(b) Buries his dog, Maximus.
(c) Goes to church.
(d) Breaks off his engagement with Regina Olsen.
5. What is Kierkegaard feeling at the start of The Journals?
Short Answer Questions
1. What pseudonym does Kierkegaard use to publish Either/Or?
2. What does Kierkegaard say he cannot do with Regina?
3. What does Kierkegaard distinguish between in Either/Or?
4. What does Kierkegaard think will happen with what his family received?
5. Who's letter does Either/Or contain a series of?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)