|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Either/Or, A Fragment of Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do many intellectuals agree on in the 19th century concerning distinctions?
(a) Distinctions are overrated.
(b) Distinctions separate man from beast.
(c) Distinctions are illusory.
(d) Distinctions are not distinctive.
2. Of what book is a large portion reproduced in Either/Or?
(a) Romantic Love.
(b) How to love.
(c) How to be a Christian.
(d) The Seducer's Diary.
3. Who's lecture does Kierkegaard attend?
(c) Igor Stensen's.
4. What happens to Kierkegaard and Regina's relationship?
(a) Regina dies.
(b) Kierkegaard fires her.
(c) Kierkegaard replaces her.
(d) Kierkegaard breaks off the engagement.
5. What is the author arguing is more important than the content of Either/Or?
(a) Kierkegaard's footnotes.
(b) The title.
(c) Kierkegaard's analysis.
(d) The way the book was launched.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kierkegaard stunned by in The Journals?
2. What does Kierkegaard distinguish between in Either/Or?
3. What is Kierkegaard aware of in The Journals?
4. What does Kierkegaard think will happen with what his family received?
5. What does the first letter in Either/Or analyze?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)