|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Either/Or, A Fragment of Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Kierkegaard at the age of his conversion?
(a) 26 years old.
(b) 35 years old.
(c) 14 years old.
(d) 25 years old.
2. Where does The Journals say Kierkegaard was on July 29, 1835?
3. What does Kierkegaard feel about the prevalent ideas about the universe and distinction?
(a) He embraces them.
(b) He hates them.
(c) He doubts them.
(d) He finds them unsubstantiated.
4. Who's ideas does Kierkegaard oppose in Either/Or?
(a) G.W.F Hegel.
5. What does Kierkegaard do before leaving for Berlin at the star of Either/Or?
(a) Goes to church.
(b) Breaks off his engagement with Regina Olsen.
(c) Writes a book.
(d) Buries his dog, Maximus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country's philosophy does the philosopher who Kierkegaard opposes in Either/Or most influence?
2. What is Kierkegaard feeling at the start of The Journals?
3. What is the name of the first volume of Either/Or?
4. What does Kierkegaard argue major choices in life are not choices of?
5. What does Kierkegaard argue major choices in life are choices of?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)