|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Either/Or, A Fragment of Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does The Journals say Kierkegaard was on July 29, 1835?
2. What does Kierkegaard do before leaving for Berlin at the star of Either/Or?
(a) Buries his dog, Maximus.
(b) Breaks off his engagement with Regina Olsen.
(c) Writes a book.
(d) Goes to church.
3. What does Kierkegaard think what his family receives is?
(b) A good omen.
(c) A punishment.
(d) Bad luck.
4. What is Kierkegaard letting himself do at the start of The Journals?
(a) Worship Christ.
(b) Pass out of himself.
(c) Remain silent.
(d) Indulge himself with food.
5. What does the first letter in Either/Or analyze?
(a) Romantic love.
(d) God's influence on mankind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Kierkegaard and Regina's relationship?
2. What does Kierkegaard argue life is?
3. What cities does Kierkegaard write Either/Or in?
4. Of what book is a large portion reproduced in Either/Or?
5. What does Kierkegaard think will happen with what his family received?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)