|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Either/Or, A Fragment of Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard think his family received?
(a) A curse.
(b) A gift from God.
(c) An inheritance.
(d) Good luck.
2. What is the name of the first volume of Either/Or?
(a) The Seducer's Diary.
(b) The Rotation Method.
(c) The Square Method.
3. What is Kierkegaard stunned by in The Journals?
(a) His own feeling.
(b) His own nothingness.
(c) The power of God.
(d) The feelings of Chris.
4. What do many intellectuals agree on in the 19th century concerning the universe?
(a) The Universe is where we are.
(b) The Universe is limited only by our love of Christ.
(c) Universe is pure unity.
(d) The Universe is infinite.
5. Who is Regina Olsen?
(a) Kierkegaard's sister.
(b) Kierkegaard's fiancee.
(c) Kierkegaard's agent.
(d) Kierkegaard's editor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does The Journals say Kierkegaard was on July 29, 1835?
2. What is the author arguing is more important than the content of Either/Or?
3. Who's lecture does Kierkegaard attend?
4. What happens to Kierkegaard and Regina's relationship?
5. What does Kierkegaard say he cannot do with Regina?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)