|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Either/Or, A Fragment of Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What pseudonym does Kierkegaard use to publish Either/Or?
(a) Victor Eremita.
(b) Sophie Marcus.
(c) Emile Proust.
(d) Marcus Temporarus.
2. What is Kierkegaard undergoing after his conversion?
(a) A change of heart.
(b) A physical transformation.
(c) A terrible revolution.
(d) The flu.
3. What does Kierkegaard think will happen with what his family received?
(a) It will disappear.
(b) It will come from time to time.
(c) It is something of the past.
(d) It will continue.
4. What does Kierkegaard argue major choices in life are not choices of?
5. What does Kierkegaard know about himself in The Journals?
(a) He is a fraud.
(b) He loves God.
(c) He is both great and small.
(d) He is mistaken.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kierkegaard letting himself do at the start of The Journals?
2. What does Kierkegaard feel about the prevalent ideas about the universe and distinction?
3. What does Kierkegaard distinguish between in Either/Or?
4. What does Kierkegaard think what his family receives is?
5. What is Kierkegaard aware of in The Journals?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)