|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Either/Or, A Fragment of Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chapter 1 say Kierkegaard is conflicted between?
(a) Wonder and despair.
(b) Wonder and hate.
(c) Love and hate.
(d) Love and despair.
2. What is Kierkegaard aware of in The Journals?
(a) His errors.
(b) His longing for Regina.
(c) His nothingness.
(d) His self interest.
3. What does Kierkegaard say he cannot do with Regina?
(a) Talk religion.
(c) Talk to her about her work.
(d) Share things about himself.
4. Who is Regina Olsen?
(a) Kierkegaard's editor.
(b) Kierkegaard's fiancee.
(c) Kierkegaard's sister.
(d) Kierkegaard's agent.
5. What does Kierkegaard distinguish between in Either/Or?
(a) Love and hate.
(b) Direct and indirect communication.
(c) Life and death.
(d) Catholics and Protestant dogma.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do many intellectuals agree on in the 19th century concerning the universe?
2. What cities does Kierkegaard write Either/Or in?
3. What is Kierkegaard stunned by in The Journals?
4. How does Kierkegaard characterize his interpretation of the facts after his conversion?
5. What is the name of the first volume of Either/Or?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)