|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The Attack Upon Christendom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kierkegaard running out of while writing The Journals?
(c) Support in the church.
2. What country's philosophy does the philosopher who Kierkegaard opposes in Either/Or most influence?
3. What does The Sickness Unto Death define?
(b) Love and hatred.
(c) The spirit and the self.
(d) The self.
4. Who does Kierkegaard write his pseudonymous work for according to Fear and Trembling?
(d) The public.
5. How does Kierkegaard see the move towards equality as being?
(a) An illusion.
(b) A mistake.
(c) As regression.
(d) As progress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the best known section of Stages on Life's Way?
2. What does Kierkegaard argue Hegel's vision of the world of reason does to the idea of possibility?
3. What other work does Kierkegaard produce during the period in which he writes The Journals?
4. What name does Kierkegaard use to publish the Two Edifying Discourses?
5. How long does it take Kierkegaard to write Fear and Trembling?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)