|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Training in Christianity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Freud's ideas does Kierkegaard prefigure in The Sickness Unto Death?
(a) Oedipus complex.
(b) Death instinct.
(c) Dream interpretation.
2. What pseudonym does Kierkegaard use to publish Either/Or?
(a) Sophie Marcus.
(b) Emile Proust.
(c) Marcus Temporarus.
(d) Victor Eremita.
3. What does Kierkegaard argue cannot be improved or hurt by social organization?
(a) The law.
(c) An individual's value.
4. What does Robert Bretall say is difficult to discern in Kierkegaard's writing?
(a) Which aspects of Kierkegaard are present.
(b) If the love of Christ guides him.
(c) Who he is talking to.
(d) If he is Christian.
5. What does Kierkegaard argue must be separated from society and reason?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the pseudonymous author of The Fragments resist?
2. What does Stages on Life's Way divide according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 7?
3. How does Kierkegaard describe what Christians call sin?
4. Of what book is a large portion reproduced in Either/Or?
5. Outside of what does Fear and Trembling not make sense?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)