Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Purity of Heart, Edifying Discourses in Various Spirits, Chapter 11, Works of Love, Chapter 12, The Point of View For My Work as an Author.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert Bretall in Chapter 10 say the pseudonymous work aims at?
(a) Convinces people to convert.
(b) Talks about the failures of Christianity.
(c) Captures Kierkegaard the man.
(d) Tells people the truth without fear of retaliation.
2. What does Kierkegaard say he cannot do with Regina?
(a) Talk religion.
(c) Share things about himself.
(d) Talk to her about her work.
3. What does Kierkegaard argue Hegel's vision of the world of reason does to the idea of possibility?
(a) It precedes it.
(b) It completes it.
(c) It follows it.
(d) It annihilates it.
4. Who's letter does Either/Or contain a series of?
(d) Judge William's.
5. When were the last of Kierkegaard aesthetic writings published according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. What prevents the hero in Repetition from finding what he wants?
2. When does Kierkegaard write Repetition?
3. How do the common people see Kierkegaard according to Chapter 9?
4. What does Kierkegaard feel about the prevalent ideas about the universe and distinction?
5. What does Robert Bretall say Kierkegaard is in the Two Edifying Discourses?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)