|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Repetition: An Essay in Experimental Psychology.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert Bretall think of Repetition?
(a) It is full of holes in logic.
(b) It is Kierkegaard's best work of literature.
(c) It is one of the worse works by Kierkegaard.
(d) It is a humorist's piece.
2. How does Kierkegaard characterize his interpretation of the facts after his conversion?
3. Outside of what does Fear and Trembling not make sense?
(a) An asylum.
(b) The Protestant faith.
(c) Kierkegaard's life.
4. What does Kierkegaard do before leaving for Berlin at the star of Either/Or?
(a) Breaks off his engagement with Regina Olsen.
(b) Goes to church.
(c) Buries his dog, Maximus.
(d) Writes a book.
5. What does Kierkegaard say truth is discovered in?
(b) The heart.
(c) One self.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Kierkegaard write about truth in Either/Or?
2. What name does Kierkegaard use to publish the Two Edifying Discourses?
3. What does Kierkegaard give up on according to Robert Bretall Chapter 5?
4. What does Chapter 1 say Kierkegaard is conflicted between?
5. What is the author arguing is more important than the content of Either/Or?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)