Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main theme of Fear and Trembling?
(b) The encounter between the individual and the universe.
2. How old is Kierkegaard at the age of his conversion?
(a) 35 years old.
(b) 25 years old.
(c) 14 years old.
(d) 26 years old.
3. What does Robert Bretall say Kierkegaard is in the Two Edifying Discourses?
(a) A poet.
(b) A liar.
(c) A fiction writer.
(d) A theopolian.
4. What does Chapter 1 say Kierkegaard is conflicted between?
(a) Wonder and despair.
(b) Love and despair.
(c) Love and hate.
(d) Wonder and hate.
5. What does the first letter in Either/Or analyze?
(a) God's influence on mankind.
(c) Romantic love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard argue major choices in life are choices of?
2. What is the name of the first volume of Either/Or?
3. What does the meditation in Fear and Trembling illustrate?
4. What does Kierkegaard think what his family receives is?
5. What does Kierkegaard do before leaving for Berlin at the star of Either/Or?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)