|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Training in Christianity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard think Fear and Trembling will do to the reader?
(a) Make him think.
(b) Amuse him.
(c) Terrify him.
(d) Make him convert.
2. What does Robert Bretall in Chapter 13 argue The Sickness Unto Death tries to understand?
(a) The role of the church in the state.
(b) The love of Christ.
(c) The corruption within each man.
3. What country's philosophy does the philosopher who Kierkegaard opposes in Either/Or most influence?
4. What does Repetition have that lacks in many of Kierkegaard's works?
(b) A plot.
(c) A third person point of view.
5. What does humanity need according to Kierkegaard?
(a) The church.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A love.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the common people see Kierkegaard according to Chapter 9?
2. What does Kierkegaard ask but does not give answers to in the Fragments?
3. Who's letter does Either/Or contain a series of?
4. What does Kierkegaard know about himself in The Journals?
5. What are Kierkegaard's political views?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)