|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Training in Christianity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard argue must be separated from society and reason?
2. Who does Kierkegaard argue a Christian must follow despite his being rejected by the world?
(b) His writings.
(d) The church.
3. What does Kierkegaard think his family received?
(a) Good luck.
(b) A curse.
(c) A gift from God.
(d) An inheritance.
4. What does the first letter in Either/Or analyze?
(a) God's influence on mankind.
(c) Romantic love.
5. What does Kierkegaard know about himself in The Journals?
(a) He loves God.
(b) He is a fraud.
(c) He is mistaken.
(d) He is both great and small.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard argue the present is ruled by?
2. How does Kierkegaard define truth in Concluding Unscientific Postscript?
3. What does Kierkegaard argue major choices in life are not choices of?
4. What does Kierkegaard think will happen with what his family received?
5. What do many Catholics argue Kierkegaard would have done had he lived?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)