|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Training in Christianity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard argue cannot be improved or hurt by social organization?
(a) An individual's value.
(c) The law.
2. What novel does Robert Bretall in Chapter 9 say Kierkegaard reviewed after the publication of Concluding Unscientific Postscript?
(a) How to get faith.
(b) The two ages.
(c) The two towers.
(d) Ages and faith.
3. What does The Sickness Unto Death argue is contained within man?
(a) The self.
(c) The infinite and the finite.
4. What does the hero of Repetition have trouble finding?
(b) A good church.
(d) A true union with the woman he loves.
5. What does Kierkegaard say of the realms discussed in Stages on Life's Way?
(a) They are all concrete forms of existance.
(b) They all need Christ to make sense.
(c) They are all divided in 3.
(d) They can all be mastered.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the idea of Repetition derive from?
2. What religion does Robert Bretall in Chapter 11 say Kierkegaard follows?
3. What does Robert Bretall think of Repetition?
4. What does Kierkegaard argue is both a trap and an illusion?
5. What does Kierkegaard say "is given its rights"?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)