|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Training in Christianity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Outside of what does Fear and Trembling not make sense?
(a) An asylum.
(b) The Protestant faith.
(d) Kierkegaard's life.
2. Who does Kierkegaard argue is attracted by Christ and his doctrines?
(a) No one.
(b) Good people.
(d) Smart people.
3. What does Kierkegaard say being a Christian requires?
(a) Follow the Church and its dogma the best you can.
(b) Follow the Bible and not the state church's interpretation of it.
(c) Follow Christ whatever the cost.
(d) Finding a place between offense and rejecting the possibility of offense.
4. What does Stages on Life's Way divide according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 7?
(a) How to love Christ.
(b) Lies and superstitions.
(d) Spheres of existence.
5. What does Kierkegaard argue must be separated from society and reason?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kierkegaard call the first piece of Stages on Life's Way?
2. What shall not fall to the ground without the will of the Father according to The Journals?
3. Where does The Journals say Kierkegaard was on July 29, 1835?
4. What does Kierkegaard think will happen with what his family received?
5. Who is Regina Olsen?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)