|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Training in Christianity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard call faith?
(a) The organ of understanding.
(b) The best thing man has.
(c) The reason for being.
(d) The way to love Christ.
2. What pseudonym does Kierkegaard use to write the second piece of Stages on Life's Way?
(a) Moter Tactimus.
(b) Julius Manuterus.
(c) Frater Turburus.
(d) Frater Tactiturnus.
3. What does The Sickness Unto Death define?
(a) The self.
(c) The spirit and the self.
(d) Love and hatred.
4. What does Kierkegaard say of the realms discussed in Stages on Life's Way?
(a) They are all concrete forms of existance.
(b) They are all divided in 3.
(c) They can all be mastered.
(d) They all need Christ to make sense.
5. What are the Two Edifying Discourse written for?
(a) To strengthen the faith of the individual.
(b) Contradict Hegel.
(c) Make money.
(d) Seduce Regina.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard argue must be separated from society and reason?
2. What pseudonym does Kierkegaard use to publish Either/Or?
3. What is Kierkegaard's pseudonym in Repetition?
4. What does Robert Bretall in Chapter 11 say about the views of Kierkegaard on Christianity the year before he dies?
5. What does the meditation in Fear and Trembling illustrate?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)