|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Training in Christianity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the author arguing is more important than the content of Either/Or?
(a) The title.
(b) Kierkegaard's analysis.
(c) Kierkegaard's footnotes.
(d) The way the book was launched.
2. What is Kierkegaard aware of concerning Fear and Trembling?
(a) Everyone will hate it.
(b) It is not that good.
(c) It will be translated into many languages.
(d) The Denmark Church will be offended.
3. What does Kierkegaard use the book review for?
(a) To promote his next book.
(b) Talk about Hegel's ideas.
(c) Discuss his own ideas.
(d) Apologize to Regina.
4. In Chapter 13, what does Robert Bretall argue 1848 is for Kierkegaard's writing?
(a) The year he realizes he still loves Regina.
(b) The height of his productivity.
(c) The year of his first commercial success.
(d) The year he starts doubting Christ.
5. What does Kierkegaard say truth is discovered in?
(a) The heart.
(d) One self.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard argue the truth is outside of?
2. How long did reason-based and systematized thinking dominate European philosophy?
3. What does Kierkegaard claim concerning man and the self in The Sickness Unto Death?
4. What does Kierkegaard argue is merely foreshadowed in Stages on Life's Way?
5. According to Robert Bretall in Chapter 11, what does Kierkegaard see the truth as?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)