|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Training in Christianity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prevents the hero in Repetition from finding what he wants?
(a) His love of God.
(b) His family.
(c) His depression and introspection.
2. How many realms does Stages on Life's Way discuss?
(a) 2 realms.
(b) 5 realms.
(c) 4 realms.
(d) 3 realms.
3. What does Kierkegaard argue the truth is outside of?
(c) The self.
(d) The other.
4. Who does Kierkegaard argue a Christian must follow despite his being rejected by the world?
(c) His writings.
(d) The church.
5. What does Kierkegaard argue Hegel's vision of the world of reason does to the idea of possibility?
(a) It completes it.
(b) It follows it.
(c) It annihilates it.
(d) It precedes it.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Robert Bretall in Chapter 11, what does Kierkegaard see the truth as?
2. How long did reason-based and systematized thinking dominate European philosophy?
3. What shall not fall to the ground without the will of the Father according to The Journals?
4. What does Kierkegaard think Fear and Trembling will do to the reader?
5. What city does Kierkegaard live in according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 5?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)