|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Training in Christianity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kierkegaard aware of concerning Fear and Trembling?
(a) The Denmark Church will be offended.
(b) Everyone will hate it.
(c) It will be translated into many languages.
(d) It is not that good.
2. Of what book is a large portion reproduced in Either/Or?
(a) The Seducer's Diary.
(b) How to be a Christian.
(c) How to love.
(d) Romantic Love.
3. What is the name of the first volume of Either/Or?
(a) The Square Method.
(c) The Seducer's Diary.
(d) The Rotation Method.
4. What does Kierkegaard argue antiquity was ruled by?
(a) The Pope.
5. What does Kierkegaard call faith?
(a) The way to love Christ.
(b) The reason for being.
(c) The organ of understanding.
(d) The best thing man has.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion does Robert Bretall in Chapter 11 say Kierkegaard follows?
2. What does Robert Bretall say Kierkegaard is in the Two Edifying Discourses?
3. How long did reason-based and systematized thinking dominate European philosophy?
4. What does Robert Bretall in Chapter 13 argue The Sickness Unto Death tries to understand?
5. When does Kierkegaard argue that action is only comprehensible?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)