|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Training in Christianity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard call faith?
(a) The reason for being.
(b) The best thing man has.
(c) The organ of understanding.
(d) The way to love Christ.
2. What is Kierkegaard feeling at the start of The Journals?
3. What does Kierkegaard say truth is constituted of?
(a) Parts that may initially seem at odds.
(b) Faith and events.
(d) The word of Christ.
4. What does Kierkegaard resonate with concerning spirituality?
(a) Catholic monastic life.
(b) Hegel's views.
(c) Papal teachings.
(d) Denmark State Church.
5. Where does Kierkegaard argue truth is found?
(a) In the relationship between the subject and his object.
(b) In Christ.
(c) In Hegel's writings.
(d) Inside oneself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the first piece of Stages on Life's Way cover?
2. What religion does Robert Bretall in Chapter 11 say Kierkegaard follows?
3. What does Kierkegaard attempt to do according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 5?
4. What does Kierkegaard think of The Sickness Unto Death?
5. What city does Kierkegaard live in according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 5?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)