|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Training in Christianity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stages on Life's Way divide according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 7?
(a) How to love Christ.
(b) Lies and superstitions.
(c) Spheres of existence.
2. What shall not fall to the ground without the will of the Father according to The Journals?
(a) An elephant.
(b) A mouse.
(c) A sparrow.
(d) A man.
3. What does Kierkegaard use the book review for?
(a) Discuss his own ideas.
(b) Talk about Hegel's ideas.
(c) Apologize to Regina.
(d) To promote his next book.
4. Which of Freud's ideas does Kierkegaard prefigure in The Sickness Unto Death?
(a) Oedipus complex.
(c) Death instinct.
(d) Dream interpretation.
5. What does Kierkegaard think what his family receives is?
(a) Bad luck.
(b) A punishment.
(d) A good omen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard argue must be separated from society and reason?
2. According to Robert Bretall in Chapter 11, what does Kierkegaard see the truth as?
3. In Chapter 13, what does Robert Bretall argue 1848 is for Kierkegaard's writing?
4. What does Kierkegaard argue people think about Christ teachings?
5. What does Kierkegaard argue the truth is outside of?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)