|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Training in Christianity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kierkegaard define truth in Concluding Unscientific Postscript?
2. What does Kierkegaard meditate on in Fear and Trembling?
(a) The resurrection.
(b) Abraham's call to kill his son Isaac.
(c) A sparrow.
(d) The incarnation.
3. What does Robert Bretall in Chapter 14 say Kierkegaard thinks of Training in Christianity?
(a) It is too long.
(b) It does not go far enough.
(c) It is his favorite work.
(d) It is weak.
4. What is Kierkegaard letting himself do at the start of The Journals?
(a) Remain silent.
(b) Pass out of himself.
(c) Worship Christ.
(d) Indulge himself with food.
5. Who's letter does Either/Or contain a series of?
(d) Judge William's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kierkegaard feeling at the start of The Journals?
2. What does Kierkegaard's pseudonymous writing tell part of?
3. What does Kierkegaard argue must be separated from society and reason?
4. What does Kierkegaard give up on according to Robert Bretall Chapter 5?
5. What does Robert Bretall say is difficult to discern in Kierkegaard's writing?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)