|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Training in Christianity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard know about himself in The Journals?
(a) He is a fraud.
(b) He is both great and small.
(c) He is mistaken.
(d) He loves God.
2. What does Kierkegaard argue is the heart of the public?
(a) The law.
(b) The press.
3. With what book does Kierkegaard's work reach maturity according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 6?
(a) The Journals.
(b) Unscientific Postscript.
(c) How to be a Christian.
(d) The Fragments.
4. How does Kierkegaard characterize Hegel's thinking?
5. What does Kierkegaard use when he writes about the Knight of Faith with the Knight of Infinite Resignation?
(c) Impossible situations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chapter 1 say Kierkegaard is conflicted between?
2. What is Kierkegaard stunned by in The Journals?
3. What does Kierkegaard argue men are in the modern age?
4. What does Kierkegaard call faith?
5. What does Kierkegaard argue the human is in?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)