|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Training in Christianity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kierkegaard letting himself do at the start of The Journals?
(a) Worship Christ.
(b) Indulge himself with food.
(c) Remain silent.
(d) Pass out of himself.
2. What religion does Robert Bretall in Chapter 11 say Kierkegaard follows?
3. What does Kierkegaard argue must be separated from society and reason?
4. Who is Regina Olsen?
(a) Kierkegaard's sister.
(b) Kierkegaard's agent.
(c) Kierkegaard's fiancee.
(d) Kierkegaard's editor.
5. What are the Two Edifying Discourse written for?
(a) To strengthen the faith of the individual.
(b) Make money.
(c) Seduce Regina.
(d) Contradict Hegel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard distinguish between in Either/Or?
2. What does Kierkegaard fight against according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 5?
3. What type of text does Kierkegaard routinely publish under his own name according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 10?
4. What do The Journals say Kierkegaard feels?
5. What does Kierkegaard argue major choices in life are choices of?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)