|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Training in Christianity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do many intellectuals agree on in the 19th century concerning the universe?
(a) The Universe is where we are.
(b) The Universe is infinite.
(c) The Universe is limited only by our love of Christ.
(d) Universe is pure unity.
2. How long does it take Kierkegaard to write Fear and Trembling?
(a) 2 years.
(b) Less than 60 days.
(c) 5 months.
(d) 35 days.
3. What does Kierkegaard argue the present is ruled by?
4. What does Christ's contemporary accept Christ despite of?
(a) It's radical costs.
(b) Overbearing dogma.
(c) Peer pressure.
(d) Church donations.
5. What prevents the hero in Repetition from finding what he wants?
(b) His family.
(c) His depression and introspection.
(d) His love of God.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Kierkegaard write Repetition?
2. With what book does Kierkegaard's work reach maturity according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 6?
3. According to Robert Bretall in Chapter 11, what does Kierkegaard see the truth as?
4. What does Kierkegaard say being a Christian requires?
5. How many realms does Stages on Life's Way discuss?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)