|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Training in Christianity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard argue people think about Christ teachings?
(a) They do not respect them.
(b) They are offended by them.
(c) They love them.
(d) They are suspicious of them.
2. What does Kierkegaard know about himself in The Journals?
(a) He is both great and small.
(b) He is a fraud.
(c) He is mistaken.
(d) He loves God.
3. What does Kierkegaard argue major choices in life are not choices of?
4. What does Robert Bretall in Chapter 11 say about the views of Kierkegaard on Christianity the year before he dies?
(a) He will think that Christianity is stronger than ever.
(b) He will convert to Catholicism.
(c) He will be disillusioned.
(d) He will reject Christ.
5. What does Robert Bretall in Chapter 10 say the pseudonymous work aims at?
(a) Captures Kierkegaard the man.
(b) Tells people the truth without fear of retaliation.
(c) Talks about the failures of Christianity.
(d) Convinces people to convert.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the Two Edifying Discourses does Kierkegaard prefer?
2. How long does it take Kierkegaard to write Fear and Trembling?
3. What does Kierkegaard use the book review for?
4. What is Kierkegaard aware of in The Journals?
5. What does Kierkegaard feel about the prevalent ideas about the universe and distinction?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)