|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Training in Christianity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard think what his family receives is?
(a) A good omen.
(b) A punishment.
(c) Bad luck.
2. How does Kierkegaard characterize Hegel's thinking?
3. What does Hegel think truth is according to Chapter 8?
(a) Christ's love.
(b) A whole.
(d) That men need to know Christ.
4. What is the author arguing is more important than the content of Either/Or?
(a) The title.
(b) Kierkegaard's analysis.
(c) Kierkegaard's footnotes.
(d) The way the book was launched.
5. What is Kierkegaard stunned by in The Journals?
(a) His own nothingness.
(b) The power of God.
(c) His own feeling.
(d) The feelings of Chris.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shall not fall to the ground without the will of the Father according to The Journals?
2. What does Robert Bretall think of Repetition?
3. What does Kierkegaard's pseudonymous writing tell part of?
4. What does Repetition have that lacks in many of Kierkegaard's works?
5. Why does Kierkegaard argue people convert for?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)