|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Training in Christianity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Kierkegaard's political views?
(d) He is apolitical.
2. What city does Kierkegaard live in according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 5?
3. What is Kierkegaard aware of in The Journals?
(a) His nothingness.
(b) His longing for Regina.
(c) His errors.
(d) His self interest.
4. What happens to Kierkegaard and Regina's relationship?
(a) Kierkegaard fires her.
(b) Regina dies.
(c) Kierkegaard breaks off the engagement.
(d) Kierkegaard replaces her.
5. What does Robert Bretall say is difficult to discern in Kierkegaard's writing?
(a) If he is Christian.
(b) If the love of Christ guides him.
(c) Who he is talking to.
(d) Which aspects of Kierkegaard are present.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do many intellectuals agree on in the 19th century concerning distinctions?
2. What does Robert Bretall in Chapter 14 say Kierkegaard thinks of Training in Christianity?
3. What does Kierkegaard say truth is constituted of?
4. Where does the idea of Repetition derive from?
5. What does the meditation in Fear and Trembling illustrate?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)