|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Training in Christianity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard think The Sickness Unto Death contains too much of?
(a) Discussion to effectively use rhetoric.
(b) References to Christ.
(d) Long sentence.
2. What does Kierkegaard's work focus on?
(a) How to be a better person.
(b) How to sever our link to the organized church.
(c) What it means to be a Christian in a Christian society.
(d) How to love Christ.
3. What does Robert Bretall in Chapter 11 say about the views of Kierkegaard on Christianity the year before he dies?
(a) He will think that Christianity is stronger than ever.
(b) He will be disillusioned.
(c) He will convert to Catholicism.
(d) He will reject Christ.
4. What does Robert Bretall in Chapter 10 say the pseudonymous work aims at?
(a) Convinces people to convert.
(b) Talks about the failures of Christianity.
(c) Captures Kierkegaard the man.
(d) Tells people the truth without fear of retaliation.
5. What does Kierkegaard think Fear and Trembling represents?
(a) The word of Christ.
(b) Regina's past.
(c) His entire life.
(d) His childhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Outside of what does Fear and Trembling not make sense?
2. What is Kierkegaard aware of in The Journals?
3. What does Kierkegaard call faith?
4. What is Kierkegaard letting himself do at the start of The Journals?
5. What does Kierkegaard feel about the prevalent ideas about the universe and distinction?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)