|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Training in Christianity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard argue Hegel's vision of the world of reason does to the idea of possibility?
(a) It completes it.
(b) It annihilates it.
(c) It follows it.
(d) It precedes it.
2. What does Robert Bretall in Chapter 11 say Kierkegaard rejects and critiques?
(c) Many central Protestant ideas.
(d) Organized churches.
3. What pseudonym does Kierkegaard use to publish Either/Or?
(a) Emile Proust.
(b) Sophie Marcus.
(c) Victor Eremita.
(d) Marcus Temporarus.
4. What does Kierkegaard argue a Christian needs to be?
(a) A follower.
(b) A prophet.
(c) An Apostle.
(d) A leader.
5. What does Robert Bretall think of Repetition?
(a) It is a humorist's piece.
(b) It is one of the worse works by Kierkegaard.
(c) It is Kierkegaard's best work of literature.
(d) It is full of holes in logic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who's ideas does Kierkegaard oppose in Either/Or?
2. What does Kierkegaard argue is required to be Christ's contemporary?
3. When is Concluding Unscientific Postscript published?
4. What does Robert Bretall in Chapter 10 say Kierkegaard's work written under his own name aims at?
5. Who is still famous for maintaining the doctrine of Justification by Faith against the Catholic view of merit and indulgence?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)