|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Training in Christianity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kierkegaard see the move towards equality as being?
(a) A mistake.
(b) As progress.
(c) As regression.
(d) An illusion.
2. What is Kierkegaard letting himself do at the start of The Journals?
(a) Worship Christ.
(b) Indulge himself with food.
(c) Remain silent.
(d) Pass out of himself.
3. Which of Freud's ideas does Kierkegaard prefigure in The Sickness Unto Death?
(a) Death instinct.
(b) Oedipus complex.
(c) Dream interpretation.
4. Why does Kierkegaard argue people convert for?
(a) To commune with Christ.
(c) Peer pressure.
(d) The benefits of belief.
5. What does Kierkegaard think Fear and Trembling represents?
(a) His entire life.
(b) His childhood.
(c) Regina's past.
(d) The word of Christ.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard think what his family receives is?
2. What does the first letter in Either/Or analyze?
3. What does the human hide from with all his energy according to Kierkegaard?
4. What is the main theme of Fear and Trembling?
5. What does Kierkegaard say truth is constituted of?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)