|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard feel about the prevalent ideas about the universe and distinction?
(a) He finds them unsubstantiated.
(b) He embraces them.
(c) He hates them.
(d) He doubts them.
2. What is the main theme of Fear and Trembling?
(d) The encounter between the individual and the universe.
3. What does Robert Bretall say Kierkegaard is in the Two Edifying Discourses?
(a) A fiction writer.
(b) A liar.
(c) A poet.
(d) A theopolian.
4. What name does Kierkegaard use to publish the Two Edifying Discourses?
(a) Natus Metalus.
(b) Marcus Angelicus.
(c) His own.
(d) Lorentium Sisium.
5. What does Kierkegaard do before leaving for Berlin at the star of Either/Or?
(a) Breaks off his engagement with Regina Olsen.
(b) Buries his dog, Maximus.
(c) Goes to church.
(d) Writes a book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do The Journals say Kierkegaard feels?
2. Where in Either/Or are the edifying discourses published?
3. What cities does Kierkegaard write Either/Or in?
4. What does Kierkegaard argue major choices in life are choices of?
5. What does Kierkegaard say truth is discovered in?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)