|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the Two Edifying Discourses does Kierkegaard prefer?
(a) All of them.
(b) The first one.
(c) None of them.
(d) The last one.
2. What does Kierkegaard think what his family receives is?
(b) A good omen.
(c) A punishment.
(d) Bad luck.
3. What does Kierkegaard think Fear and Trembling represents?
(a) His childhood.
(b) The word of Christ.
(c) His entire life.
(d) Regina's past.
4. What pseudonym does Kierkegaard use to publish Either/Or?
(a) Sophie Marcus.
(b) Victor Eremita.
(c) Marcus Temporarus.
(d) Emile Proust.
5. What is Kierkegaard feeling at the start of The Journals?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Kierkegaard think is the most likely person to understand the ideas in Fear and Trembling?
2. What does Kierkegaard argue major choices in life are not choices of?
3. Where in Either/Or are the edifying discourses published?
4. What does the meditation in Fear and Trembling illustrate?
5. What does Kierkegaard think Fear and Trembling will do to the reader?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)