|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard do before leaving for Berlin at the star of Either/Or?
(a) Writes a book.
(b) Breaks off his engagement with Regina Olsen.
(c) Goes to church.
(d) Buries his dog, Maximus.
2. Who does Kierkegaard think is the most likely person to understand the ideas in Fear and Trembling?
(a) A theologian.
(d) A priest.
3. Who is Regina Olsen?
(a) Kierkegaard's fiancee.
(b) Kierkegaard's editor.
(c) Kierkegaard's sister.
(d) Kierkegaard's agent.
4. What does Robert Bretall say is difficult to discern in Kierkegaard's writing?
(a) If he is Christian.
(b) If the love of Christ guides him.
(c) Who he is talking to.
(d) Which aspects of Kierkegaard are present.
5. What is Kierkegaard undergoing after his conversion?
(a) A terrible revolution.
(b) A physical transformation.
(c) The flu.
(d) A change of heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard argue major choices in life are not choices of?
2. How long does it take Kierkegaard to write Fear and Trembling?
3. Of what book is a large portion reproduced in Either/Or?
4. Where in Either/Or are the edifying discourses published?
5. How old is Kierkegaard at the age of his conversion?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)