|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take Kierkegaard to write Fear and Trembling?
(a) 35 days.
(b) 5 months.
(c) 2 years.
(d) Less than 60 days.
2. What happens to Kierkegaard and Regina's relationship?
(a) Regina dies.
(b) Kierkegaard breaks off the engagement.
(c) Kierkegaard fires her.
(d) Kierkegaard replaces her.
3. What does Kierkegaard argue major choices in life are not choices of?
4. What is Kierkegaard feeling at the start of The Journals?
5. Who does Kierkegaard write his pseudonymous work for according to Fear and Trembling?
(d) The public.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the first volume of Either/Or?
2. What does Kierkegaard think his family received?
3. What does Kierkegaard think Fear and Trembling will do to the reader?
4. What does Kierkegaard think will happen with what his family received?
5. What do many intellectuals agree on in the 19th century concerning the universe?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)