|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard argue life is?
(a) A series of moments.
(b) The time between our acceptance of the love of Christ and our death.
(c) A series of stark choices.
(d) The time between our birth and our death.
2. What name does Kierkegaard use to publish the Two Edifying Discourses?
(a) Natus Metalus.
(b) His own.
(c) Lorentium Sisium.
(d) Marcus Angelicus.
3. What does Kierkegaard think Fear and Trembling represents?
(a) The word of Christ.
(b) Regina's past.
(c) His entire life.
(d) His childhood.
4. What is the main theme of Fear and Trembling?
(c) The encounter between the individual and the universe.
5. What is Kierkegaard aware of in The Journals?
(a) His errors.
(b) His longing for Regina.
(c) His self interest.
(d) His nothingness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What cities does Kierkegaard write Either/Or in?
2. Who's letter does Either/Or contain a series of?
3. What does Chapter 1 say Kierkegaard is conflicted between?
4. What is the name of the first volume of Either/Or?
5. What do many intellectuals agree on in the 19th century concerning the universe?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)