|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard's pseudonymous writing tell part of?
(a) Regina's views.
(b) Socrates' views.
(c) Hegel's views.
(d) His thoughts on aspects of his philosophy.
2. What is Kierkegaard letting himself do at the start of The Journals?
(a) Worship Christ.
(b) Remain silent.
(c) Indulge himself with food.
(d) Pass out of himself.
3. Who does Kierkegaard think is the most likely person to understand the ideas in Fear and Trembling?
(a) A theologian.
(d) A priest.
4. What does Kierkegaard think will happen with what his family received?
(a) It will continue.
(b) It is something of the past.
(c) It will come from time to time.
(d) It will disappear.
5. What is the author arguing is more important than the content of Either/Or?
(a) The way the book was launched.
(b) Kierkegaard's analysis.
(c) The title.
(d) Kierkegaard's footnotes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does The Journals say Kierkegaard was on July 29, 1835?
2. What shall not fall to the ground without the will of the Father according to The Journals?
3. What does Chapter 1 say Kierkegaard is conflicted between?
4. Who's lecture does Kierkegaard attend?
5. What is the name of the first volume of Either/Or?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)