|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the author arguing is more important than the content of Either/Or?
(a) Kierkegaard's analysis.
(b) Kierkegaard's footnotes.
(c) The way the book was launched.
(d) The title.
2. What do truth and art require according to Fear and Trembling?
(a) The hand of Christ.
(b) Love of God.
(d) An acquaintance with bias.
3. What does Kierkegaard say truth is constituted of?
(a) Parts that may initially seem at odds.
(b) The word of Christ.
(c) Faith and events.
4. What does Kierkegaard say he cannot do with Regina?
(a) Talk to her about her work.
(c) Talk religion.
(d) Share things about himself.
5. What does Kierkegaard use when he writes about the Knight of Faith with the Knight of Infinite Resignation?
(c) Impossible situations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard's pseudonymous writing tell part of?
2. Who does Kierkegaard think is the most likely person to understand the ideas in Fear and Trembling?
3. What are the Two Edifying Discourse written for?
4. What does Kierkegaard say truth is discovered in?
5. What name does Kierkegaard use to publish the Two Edifying Discourses?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)