|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard know about himself in The Journals?
(a) He is both great and small.
(b) He is a fraud.
(c) He loves God.
(d) He is mistaken.
2. Where does The Journals say Kierkegaard was on July 29, 1835?
3. What happens to Kierkegaard and Regina's relationship?
(a) Kierkegaard replaces her.
(b) Kierkegaard fires her.
(c) Regina dies.
(d) Kierkegaard breaks off the engagement.
4. What does Kierkegaard's pseudonymous writing tell part of?
(a) His thoughts on aspects of his philosophy.
(b) Hegel's views.
(c) Regina's views.
(d) Socrates' views.
5. What name does Kierkegaard use to publish the Two Edifying Discourses?
(a) Lorentium Sisium.
(b) Natus Metalus.
(c) His own.
(d) Marcus Angelicus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do many intellectuals agree on in the 19th century concerning distinctions?
2. Who does Kierkegaard think is the most likely person to understand the ideas in Fear and Trembling?
3. Who's letter does Either/Or contain a series of?
4. What does the first letter in Either/Or analyze?
5. What does Kierkegaard argue major choices in life are not choices of?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)