|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Regina Olsen?
(a) Kierkegaard's sister.
(b) Kierkegaard's agent.
(c) Kierkegaard's fiancee.
(d) Kierkegaard's editor.
2. What does Kierkegaard say truth is discovered in?
(a) One self.
(d) The heart.
3. What does Kierkegaard do before leaving for Berlin at the star of Either/Or?
(a) Writes a book.
(b) Goes to church.
(c) Breaks off his engagement with Regina Olsen.
(d) Buries his dog, Maximus.
4. What does Kierkegaard think will happen with what his family received?
(a) It will come from time to time.
(b) It is something of the past.
(c) It will disappear.
(d) It will continue.
5. What does Robert Bretall say Kierkegaard is in the Two Edifying Discourses?
(a) A liar.
(b) A fiction writer.
(c) A theopolian.
(d) A poet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where in Either/Or are the edifying discourses published?
2. What does Kierkegaard think what his family receives is?
3. What is the main theme of Fear and Trembling?
4. Of what book is a large portion reproduced in Either/Or?
5. What does Kierkegaard argue major choices in life are choices of?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)