|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kierkegaard aware of in The Journals?
(a) His errors.
(b) His self interest.
(c) His nothingness.
(d) His longing for Regina.
2. What happens to Kierkegaard and Regina's relationship?
(a) Kierkegaard breaks off the engagement.
(b) Regina dies.
(c) Kierkegaard replaces her.
(d) Kierkegaard fires her.
3. What does Chapter 1 say Kierkegaard is conflicted between?
(a) Love and despair.
(b) Wonder and despair.
(c) Love and hate.
(d) Wonder and hate.
4. What does Kierkegaard argue major choices in life are not choices of?
5. What pseudonym does Kierkegaard use to publish Either/Or?
(a) Sophie Marcus.
(b) Victor Eremita.
(c) Emile Proust.
(d) Marcus Temporarus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard think Fear and Trembling will do to the reader?
2. What does Kierkegaard say truth is constituted of?
3. What does Kierkegaard say he cannot do with Regina?
4. What is the main theme of Fear and Trembling?
5. What cities does Kierkegaard write Either/Or in?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)