|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard's pseudonymous writing tell part of?
(a) His thoughts on aspects of his philosophy.
(b) Hegel's views.
(c) Socrates' views.
(d) Regina's views.
2. What does Kierkegaard meditate on in Fear and Trembling?
(a) The resurrection.
(b) A sparrow.
(c) Abraham's call to kill his son Isaac.
(d) The incarnation.
3. What shall not fall to the ground without the will of the Father according to The Journals?
(a) A sparrow.
(b) A mouse.
(c) An elephant.
(d) A man.
4. What does Chapter 1 say Kierkegaard is conflicted between?
(a) Wonder and despair.
(b) Love and hate.
(c) Love and despair.
(d) Wonder and hate.
5. What is the main theme of Fear and Trembling?
(d) The encounter between the individual and the universe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do The Journals say Kierkegaard feels?
2. Which of the Two Edifying Discourses does Kierkegaard prefer?
3. Where does The Journals say Kierkegaard was on July 29, 1835?
4. What do truth and art require according to Fear and Trembling?
5. What does Kierkegaard distinguish between in Either/Or?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)