|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where in Either/Or are the edifying discourses published?
(a) Chapter 1.
(b) Chapter 2.
(c) Chapter 3.
(d) Chapter 5.
2. How does Kierkegaard characterize his interpretation of the facts after his conversion?
3. What does Kierkegaard say truth is constituted of?
(a) Parts that may initially seem at odds.
(b) The word of Christ.
(d) Faith and events.
4. What does Kierkegaard say of the truth that teaches and builds up the human person in Two Edifying Discourses?
(a) It is the only truth worth having.
(b) It is one truth among many.
(c) It is useless.
(d) It is the only truth that can make a difference in our lives.
5. What does Kierkegaard say truth is discovered in?
(a) The heart.
(b) One self.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do many intellectuals agree on in the 19th century concerning the universe?
2. What is the author arguing is more important than the content of Either/Or?
3. What does Kierkegaard do before leaving for Berlin at the star of Either/Or?
4. What do many intellectuals agree on in the 19th century concerning distinctions?
5. What country's philosophy does the philosopher who Kierkegaard opposes in Either/Or most influence?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)