|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What cities does Kierkegaard write Either/Or in?
(a) Berlin and Copenhagen.
(b) Rome and Berlin.
(c) London and Paris.
(d) Paris and Nice.
2. What does Kierkegaard think his family received?
(a) A curse.
(b) A gift from God.
(c) An inheritance.
(d) Good luck.
3. What does Kierkegaard's pseudonymous writing tell part of?
(a) Socrates' views.
(b) Regina's views.
(c) His thoughts on aspects of his philosophy.
(d) Hegel's views.
4. What does Kierkegaard say of the truth that teaches and builds up the human person in Two Edifying Discourses?
(a) It is one truth among many.
(b) It is the only truth worth having.
(c) It is the only truth that can make a difference in our lives.
(d) It is useless.
5. What does Kierkegaard say truth is constituted of?
(a) Parts that may initially seem at odds.
(c) The word of Christ.
(d) Faith and events.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take Kierkegaard to write Fear and Trembling?
2. Which of the Two Edifying Discourses does Kierkegaard prefer?
3. What happens to Kierkegaard and Regina's relationship?
4. What country's philosophy does the philosopher who Kierkegaard opposes in Either/Or most influence?
5. What does Kierkegaard meditate on in Fear and Trembling?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)