|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main theme of Fear and Trembling?
(a) The encounter between the individual and the universe.
2. What do many intellectuals agree on in the 19th century concerning distinctions?
(a) Distinctions are overrated.
(b) Distinctions are not distinctive.
(c) Distinctions are illusory.
(d) Distinctions separate man from beast.
3. What does Kierkegaard distinguish between in Either/Or?
(a) Love and hate.
(b) Life and death.
(c) Direct and indirect communication.
(d) Catholics and Protestant dogma.
4. When does Kierkegaard write about truth in Either/Or?
(a) Toward the end.
(b) Toward the middle.
(c) In Chapter 2.
(d) In the first chapter.
5. What does Kierkegaard think will happen with what his family received?
(a) It will come from time to time.
(b) It will disappear.
(c) It will continue.
(d) It is something of the past.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard think Fear and Trembling will do to the reader?
2. What do many intellectuals agree on in the 19th century concerning the universe?
3. What does Kierkegaard think what his family receives is?
4. What does the first letter in Either/Or analyze?
5. What does Robert Bretall say is difficult to discern in Kierkegaard's writing?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)