|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard say of the truth that teaches and builds up the human person in Two Edifying Discourses?
(a) It is useless.
(b) It is the only truth that can make a difference in our lives.
(c) It is one truth among many.
(d) It is the only truth worth having.
2. Outside of what does Fear and Trembling not make sense?
(a) An asylum.
(c) The Protestant faith.
(d) Kierkegaard's life.
3. What does Kierkegaard's pseudonymous writing tell part of?
(a) Hegel's views.
(b) His thoughts on aspects of his philosophy.
(c) Socrates' views.
(d) Regina's views.
4. What does Kierkegaard know about himself in The Journals?
(a) He is both great and small.
(b) He is mistaken.
(c) He is a fraud.
(d) He loves God.
5. What does Kierkegaard do before leaving for Berlin at the star of Either/Or?
(a) Goes to church.
(b) Buries his dog, Maximus.
(c) Writes a book.
(d) Breaks off his engagement with Regina Olsen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard think will happen with what his family received?
2. What is Kierkegaard feeling at the start of The Journals?
3. What does Kierkegaard argue major choices in life are choices of?
4. What are the Two Edifying Discourse written for?
5. What is Kierkegaard aware of concerning Fear and Trembling?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)