|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kierkegaard aware of in The Journals?
(a) His self interest.
(b) His nothingness.
(c) His errors.
(d) His longing for Regina.
2. What shall not fall to the ground without the will of the Father according to The Journals?
(a) A mouse.
(b) An elephant.
(c) A sparrow.
(d) A man.
3. What does Kierkegaard say he cannot do with Regina?
(a) Talk to her about her work.
(c) Share things about himself.
(d) Talk religion.
4. Outside of what does Fear and Trembling not make sense?
(a) The Protestant faith.
(b) An asylum.
(c) Kierkegaard's life.
5. Which of the Two Edifying Discourses does Kierkegaard prefer?
(a) The last one.
(b) The first one.
(c) All of them.
(d) None of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard say truth is constituted of?
2. What cities does Kierkegaard write Either/Or in?
3. How old is Kierkegaard at the age of his conversion?
4. What is the author arguing is more important than the content of Either/Or?
5. What does Kierkegaard think Fear and Trembling represents?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)