|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take Kierkegaard to write Fear and Trembling?
(a) 5 months.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 35 days.
(d) Less than 60 days.
2. What does Kierkegaard say truth is discovered in?
(a) The heart.
(b) One self.
3. What does Chapter 1 say Kierkegaard is conflicted between?
(a) Wonder and despair.
(b) Wonder and hate.
(c) Love and hate.
(d) Love and despair.
4. What does Kierkegaard's pseudonymous writing tell part of?
(a) Socrates' views.
(b) Hegel's views.
(c) His thoughts on aspects of his philosophy.
(d) Regina's views.
5. What does Kierkegaard say of the truth that teaches and builds up the human person in Two Edifying Discourses?
(a) It is one truth among many.
(b) It is the only truth that can make a difference in our lives.
(c) It is useless.
(d) It is the only truth worth having.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the Two Edifying Discourse written for?
2. What does Kierkegaard meditate on in Fear and Trembling?
3. What do The Journals say Kierkegaard feels?
4. How old is Kierkegaard at the age of his conversion?
5. Outside of what does Fear and Trembling not make sense?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)