|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard argue major choices in life are not choices of?
2. What shall not fall to the ground without the will of the Father according to The Journals?
(a) A sparrow.
(b) A man.
(c) A mouse.
(d) An elephant.
3. What does Chapter 1 say Kierkegaard is conflicted between?
(a) Love and despair.
(b) Love and hate.
(c) Wonder and despair.
(d) Wonder and hate.
4. What name does Kierkegaard use to publish the Two Edifying Discourses?
(a) Natus Metalus.
(b) His own.
(c) Marcus Angelicus.
(d) Lorentium Sisium.
5. What does Kierkegaard know about himself in The Journals?
(a) He loves God.
(b) He is a fraud.
(c) He is mistaken.
(d) He is both great and small.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who's ideas does Kierkegaard oppose in Either/Or?
2. Who does Kierkegaard write his pseudonymous work for according to Fear and Trembling?
3. What is the author arguing is more important than the content of Either/Or?
4. What does Kierkegaard distinguish between in Either/Or?
5. What does Kierkegaard do before leaving for Berlin at the star of Either/Or?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)