|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kierkegaard feeling at the start of The Journals?
2. What does Robert Bretall say Kierkegaard is in the Two Edifying Discourses?
(a) A poet.
(b) A liar.
(c) A fiction writer.
(d) A theopolian.
3. What does Chapter 1 say Kierkegaard is conflicted between?
(a) Love and hate.
(b) Wonder and despair.
(c) Wonder and hate.
(d) Love and despair.
4. Where does The Journals say Kierkegaard was on July 29, 1835?
5. What does Kierkegaard use when he writes about the Knight of Faith with the Knight of Infinite Resignation?
(c) Impossible situations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard believe lies at the center of Christianity?
2. What is Kierkegaard stunned by in The Journals?
3. What are the Two Edifying Discourse written for?
4. Outside of what does Fear and Trembling not make sense?
5. What does Kierkegaard say truth is constituted of?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)