|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kierkegaard undergoing after his conversion?
(a) The flu.
(b) A terrible revolution.
(c) A change of heart.
(d) A physical transformation.
2. What does Kierkegaard say he cannot do with Regina?
(a) Share things about himself.
(b) Talk to her about her work.
(c) Talk religion.
3. What does Kierkegaard think what his family receives is?
(a) A good omen.
(c) A punishment.
(d) Bad luck.
4. What does Kierkegaard distinguish between in Either/Or?
(a) Direct and indirect communication.
(b) Catholics and Protestant dogma.
(c) Love and hate.
(d) Life and death.
5. What does Kierkegaard do before leaving for Berlin at the star of Either/Or?
(a) Writes a book.
(b) Breaks off his engagement with Regina Olsen.
(c) Buries his dog, Maximus.
(d) Goes to church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard argue life is?
2. What is Kierkegaard aware of in The Journals?
3. What is Kierkegaard stunned by in The Journals?
4. What is Kierkegaard feeling at the start of The Journals?
5. What cities does Kierkegaard write Either/Or in?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)