|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert Bretall say Kierkegaard is in the Two Edifying Discourses?
(a) A poet.
(b) A liar.
(c) A fiction writer.
(d) A theopolian.
2. What is Kierkegaard aware of in The Journals?
(a) His self interest.
(b) His longing for Regina.
(c) His errors.
(d) His nothingness.
3. What does Kierkegaard think Fear and Trembling will do to the reader?
(a) Make him think.
(b) Terrify him.
(c) Make him convert.
(d) Amuse him.
4. What does Kierkegaard feel about the prevalent ideas about the universe and distinction?
(a) He doubts them.
(b) He embraces them.
(c) He finds them unsubstantiated.
(d) He hates them.
5. What is the name of the first volume of Either/Or?
(b) The Seducer's Diary.
(c) The Square Method.
(d) The Rotation Method.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard say truth is discovered in?
2. Which of the Two Edifying Discourses does Kierkegaard prefer?
3. What does Kierkegaard use when he writes about the Knight of Faith with the Knight of Infinite Resignation?
4. What cities does Kierkegaard write Either/Or in?
5. What does the first letter in Either/Or analyze?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)