|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who's ideas does Kierkegaard oppose in Either/Or?
(b) G.W.F Hegel.
2. What does Kierkegaard distinguish between in Either/Or?
(a) Love and hate.
(b) Catholics and Protestant dogma.
(c) Life and death.
(d) Direct and indirect communication.
3. How long does it take Kierkegaard to write Fear and Trembling?
(a) 5 months.
(b) 2 years.
(c) Less than 60 days.
(d) 35 days.
4. What does Robert Bretall say Kierkegaard is in the Two Edifying Discourses?
(a) A liar.
(b) A fiction writer.
(c) A theopolian.
(d) A poet.
5. What does Kierkegaard's pseudonymous writing tell part of?
(a) Regina's views.
(b) Hegel's views.
(c) Socrates' views.
(d) His thoughts on aspects of his philosophy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard believe lies at the center of Christianity?
2. What shall not fall to the ground without the will of the Father according to The Journals?
3. What does Kierkegaard think Fear and Trembling will do to the reader?
4. Who is Regina Olsen?
5. What is Kierkegaard stunned by in The Journals?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)