|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kierkegaard characterize his interpretation of the facts after his conversion?
2. What happens to Kierkegaard and Regina's relationship?
(a) Regina dies.
(b) Kierkegaard fires her.
(c) Kierkegaard breaks off the engagement.
(d) Kierkegaard replaces her.
3. What does Kierkegaard think his family received?
(a) Good luck.
(b) A gift from God.
(c) An inheritance.
(d) A curse.
4. What do The Journals say Kierkegaard feels?
(d) In love.
5. What does Kierkegaard say of the truth that teaches and builds up the human person in Two Edifying Discourses?
(a) It is the only truth that can make a difference in our lives.
(b) It is one truth among many.
(c) It is the only truth worth having.
(d) It is useless.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kierkegaard aware of concerning Fear and Trembling?
2. Who's lecture does Kierkegaard attend?
3. Who does Kierkegaard think is the most likely person to understand the ideas in Fear and Trembling?
4. What is Kierkegaard undergoing after his conversion?
5. What shall not fall to the ground without the will of the Father according to The Journals?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)