|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard argue major choices in life are choices of?
2. What is Kierkegaard feeling at the start of The Journals?
3. What does Kierkegaard think his family received?
(a) Good luck.
(b) A gift from God.
(c) An inheritance.
(d) A curse.
4. What do truth and art require according to Fear and Trembling?
(a) The hand of Christ.
(b) Love of God.
(d) An acquaintance with bias.
5. What name does Kierkegaard use to publish the Two Edifying Discourses?
(a) His own.
(b) Lorentium Sisium.
(c) Natus Metalus.
(d) Marcus Angelicus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard argue life is?
2. What does Kierkegaard's pseudonymous writing tell part of?
3. What does Kierkegaard use when he writes about the Knight of Faith with the Knight of Infinite Resignation?
4. What do many intellectuals agree on in the 19th century concerning the universe?
5. What is the name of the first volume of Either/Or?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)