|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Fear and Trembling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Kierkegaard use to publish the Two Edifying Discourses?
(a) Marcus Angelicus.
(b) Natus Metalus.
(c) His own.
(d) Lorentium Sisium.
2. Who does Kierkegaard write his pseudonymous work for according to Fear and Trembling?
(a) The public.
3. Which of the Two Edifying Discourses does Kierkegaard prefer?
(a) The last one.
(b) All of them.
(c) None of them.
(d) The first one.
4. Of what book is a large portion reproduced in Either/Or?
(a) Romantic Love.
(b) The Seducer's Diary.
(c) How to be a Christian.
(d) How to love.
5. When does Kierkegaard write about truth in Either/Or?
(a) Toward the middle.
(b) Toward the end.
(c) In Chapter 2.
(d) In the first chapter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take Kierkegaard to write Fear and Trembling?
2. What does Kierkegaard think Fear and Trembling represents?
3. What does Kierkegaard think what his family receives is?
4. Who's ideas does Kierkegaard oppose in Either/Or?
5. What do truth and art require according to Fear and Trembling?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)