|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Concluding Unscientific Postscript to the.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard think Fear and Trembling represents?
(a) His entire life.
(b) Regina's past.
(c) His childhood.
(d) The word of Christ.
2. When does Kierkegaard argue that action is only comprehensible?
(a) When told to.
(b) When there is possibility.
(c) When faith guides our actions.
(d) When Christ is present.
3. When were the last of Kierkegaard aesthetic writings published according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 7?
4. What does Kierkegaard argue major choices in life are choices of?
5. What does Kierkegaard feel about the prevalent ideas about the universe and distinction?
(a) He finds them unsubstantiated.
(b) He embraces them.
(c) He hates them.
(d) He doubts them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Outside of what does Fear and Trembling not make sense?
2. What cities does Kierkegaard write Either/Or in?
3. What does Kierkegaard argue must be separated from society and reason?
4. What is the main theme of Fear and Trembling?
5. What does Kierkegaard do before leaving for Berlin at the star of Either/Or?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)