|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Concluding Unscientific Postscript to the.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard argue is merely foreshadowed in Stages on Life's Way?
2. What does the hero of Repetition have trouble finding?
(b) A good church.
(d) A true union with the woman he loves.
3. What does Kierkegaard do before leaving for Berlin at the star of Either/Or?
(a) Breaks off his engagement with Regina Olsen.
(b) Buries his dog, Maximus.
(c) Writes a book.
(d) Goes to church.
4. How does Kierkegaard define truth in Concluding Unscientific Postscript?
5. What does Kierkegaard distinguish between in Either/Or?
(a) Life and death.
(b) Love and hate.
(c) Direct and indirect communication.
(d) Catholics and Protestant dogma.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard argue major choices in life are not choices of?
2. What does Hegel think truth is according to Chapter 8?
3. What prevents the hero in Repetition from finding what he wants?
4. What does Robert Bretall think of Repetition?
5. What is the author arguing is more important than the content of Either/Or?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)