|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Concluding Unscientific Postscript to the.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Kierkegaard argue that action is only comprehensible?
(a) When told to.
(b) When faith guides our actions.
(c) When Christ is present.
(d) When there is possibility.
2. What cities does Kierkegaard write Either/Or in?
(a) London and Paris.
(b) Paris and Nice.
(c) Rome and Berlin.
(d) Berlin and Copenhagen.
3. Who does Kierkegaard think is the most likely person to understand the ideas in Fear and Trembling?
(b) A priest.
(d) A theologian.
4. What is the main theme of Fear and Trembling?
(c) The encounter between the individual and the universe.
5. Outside of what does Fear and Trembling not make sense?
(a) The Protestant faith.
(c) Kierkegaard's life.
(d) An asylum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the conclusion of Concluding Unscientific Postscript?
2. What does Kierkegaard feel about the prevalent ideas about the universe and distinction?
3. What does Kierkegaard argue Hegel's vision of the world of reason does to the idea of possibility?
4. What is Kierkegaard aware of concerning Fear and Trembling?
5. What topic does Either/Or end with?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)