|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Concluding Unscientific Postscript to the.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stages on Life's Way divide according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 7?
(a) How to love Christ.
(b) Lies and superstitions.
(d) Spheres of existence.
2. What does Kierkegaard argue would negate him?
(a) To be included in a whole.
(b) To stop writing.
(c) To agree with Hegel.
(d) To be loved by Christ.
3. What do many intellectuals agree on in the 19th century concerning the universe?
(a) Universe is pure unity.
(b) The Universe is where we are.
(c) The Universe is infinite.
(d) The Universe is limited only by our love of Christ.
4. What does the meditation in Fear and Trembling illustrate?
(a) Kierkegaard's love for mistery.
(b) Kierkegaard's love for Regina.
(c) Kierkegaard's happiness.
(d) Kierkegaard's regrets.
5. Who's lecture does Kierkegaard attend?
(b) Igor Stensen's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who's letter does Either/Or contain a series of?
2. What country's philosophy does the philosopher who Kierkegaard opposes in Either/Or most influence?
3. What does the first piece of Stages on Life's Way cover?
4. What is the name of the first volume of Either/Or?
5. What does Hegel think truth is according to Chapter 8?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)