|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Concluding Unscientific Postscript to the.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert Bretall think of Repetition?
(a) It is one of the worse works by Kierkegaard.
(b) It is full of holes in logic.
(c) It is Kierkegaard's best work of literature.
(d) It is a humorist's piece.
2. What do many intellectuals agree on in the 19th century concerning distinctions?
(a) Distinctions separate man from beast.
(b) Distinctions are illusory.
(c) Distinctions are overrated.
(d) Distinctions are not distinctive.
3. What is the name of the best known section of Stages on Life's Way?
(a) The restaurant.
(b) The meal.
(c) The banquet.
(d) The last supper.
4. What is the author arguing is more important than the content of Either/Or?
(a) Kierkegaard's analysis.
(b) The way the book was launched.
(c) The title.
(d) Kierkegaard's footnotes.
5. What does Chapter 8 say about Hegel and his followers?
(a) They are good men.
(b) They do not compromise.
(c) They refuse to debate.
(d) They are savages in every way.
Short Answer Questions
1. What pseudonym does Kierkegaard use to write the second piece of Stages on Life's Way?
2. What do truth and art require according to Fear and Trembling?
3. How does Kierkegaard characterize Hegel's thinking?
4. What does Hegel think truth is according to Chapter 8?
5. What is Kierkegaard's pseudonym in Repetition?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)