|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Concluding Unscientific Postscript to the.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard think Fear and Trembling represents?
(a) His childhood.
(b) The word of Christ.
(c) His entire life.
(d) Regina's past.
2. What is the name of the first volume of Either/Or?
(a) The Rotation Method.
(b) The Seducer's Diary.
(d) The Square Method.
3. Who does Kierkegaard think is the most likely person to understand the ideas in Fear and Trembling?
(a) A priest.
(b) A theologian.
4. What does the first letter in Either/Or analyze?
(b) God's influence on mankind.
(c) Romantic love.
5. What country's philosophy does the philosopher who Kierkegaard opposes in Either/Or most influence?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard say must stop being the ultimate goal and motivation for life in Stages of Life's Way?
2. What does Hegel think truth is according to Chapter 8?
3. What is the name of the best known section of Stages on Life's Way?
4. What do many intellectuals agree on in the 19th century concerning the universe?
5. What is the main theme of Fear and Trembling?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)