|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Concluding Unscientific Postscript to the.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did reason-based and systematized thinking dominate European philosophy?
(a) 325 years.
(b) 256 years.
(c) 150 years.
(d) 200 years.
2. What does the first letter in Either/Or analyze?
(a) God's influence on mankind.
(d) Romantic love.
3. How many realms does Stages on Life's Way discuss?
(a) 5 realms.
(b) 3 realms.
(c) 2 realms.
(d) 4 realms.
4. What does Kierkegaard say of the realms discussed in Stages on Life's Way?
(a) They can all be mastered.
(b) They are all concrete forms of existance.
(c) They are all divided in 3.
(d) They all need Christ to make sense.
5. What does Chapter 8 say about Hegel and his followers?
(a) They do not compromise.
(b) They refuse to debate.
(c) They are savages in every way.
(d) They are good men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard argue major choices in life are not choices of?
2. What does Kierkegaard say "is given its rights"?
3. How does Kierkegaard define truth in Concluding Unscientific Postscript?
4. What do many intellectuals agree on in the 19th century concerning the universe?
5. What does Kierkegaard distinguish between in Either/Or?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)