|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Concluding Unscientific Postscript to the.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the idea of Repetition derive from?
(a) Kierkegaard's own life.
(b) The rise of Christian dogma.
(c) Regina's life.
(d) The life of Christ.
2. What does Kierkegaard say forms Repetition?
(b) The idea of repetition.
(c) The idea of abundance.
3. What cities does Kierkegaard write Either/Or in?
(a) Paris and Nice.
(b) London and Paris.
(c) Rome and Berlin.
(d) Berlin and Copenhagen.
4. What does Kierkegaard do before leaving for Berlin at the star of Either/Or?
(a) Buries his dog, Maximus.
(b) Breaks off his engagement with Regina Olsen.
(c) Goes to church.
(d) Writes a book.
5. What does Kierkegaard argue Hegel's vision of the world of reason does to the idea of possibility?
(a) It precedes it.
(b) It annihilates it.
(c) It follows it.
(d) It completes it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard argue is merely foreshadowed in Stages on Life's Way?
2. What does Kierkegaard think Fear and Trembling will do to the reader?
3. What pseudonym does Kierkegaard use to publish Either/Or?
4. What do many intellectuals agree on in the 19th century concerning distinctions?
5. What country's philosophy does the philosopher who Kierkegaard opposes in Either/Or most influence?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)