|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Concluding Unscientific Postscript to the.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take Kierkegaard to write Fear and Trembling?
(a) 35 days.
(b) 2 years.
(c) Less than 60 days.
(d) 5 months.
2. What does Stages on Life's Way divide according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 7?
(a) Spheres of existence.
(b) Lies and superstitions.
(c) How to love Christ.
3. What does Kierkegaard think Fear and Trembling represents?
(a) His childhood.
(b) Regina's past.
(c) The word of Christ.
(d) His entire life.
4. What is the title of the conclusion of Concluding Unscientific Postscript?
(a) Seducer's Diary.
(b) The Journals.
(c) How to become a Christian.
(d) How to become a Protestant.
5. What pseudonym does Kierkegaard use to write the second piece of Stages on Life's Way?
(a) Frater Tactiturnus.
(b) Moter Tactimus.
(c) Frater Turburus.
(d) Julius Manuterus.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kierkegaard characterize Hegel's thinking?
2. What does Kierkegaard argue major choices in life are choices of?
3. What does Kierkegaard feel about the prevalent ideas about the universe and distinction?
4. Who does Kierkegaard write his pseudonymous work for according to Fear and Trembling?
5. How many realms does Stages on Life's Way discuss?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)