|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Concluding Unscientific Postscript to the.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard fight against according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 5?
(c) Subconscious aspects of the self.
(d) The Denmark State Church.
2. Who does Kierkegaard think is the most likely person to understand the ideas in Fear and Trembling?
(b) A priest.
(d) A theologian.
3. What does Robert Bretall think of Repetition?
(a) It is a humorist's piece.
(b) It is Kierkegaard's best work of literature.
(c) It is full of holes in logic.
(d) It is one of the worse works by Kierkegaard.
4. What does Kierkegaard argue is merely foreshadowed in Stages on Life's Way?
5. Who does Kierkegaard write his pseudonymous work for according to Fear and Trembling?
(b) The public.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard think Fear and Trembling will do to the reader?
2. What is the title of the conclusion of Concluding Unscientific Postscript?
3. What does the first piece of Stages on Life's Way cover?
4. What topic does Either/Or end with?
5. Of what book is a large portion reproduced in Either/Or?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)