|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, The Sickness Unto Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert Bretall in Chapter 13 argue The Sickness Unto Death tries to understand?
(a) The love of Christ.
(b) The corruption within each man.
(c) The role of the church in the state.
2. What does The Sickness Unto Death argue is contained within man?
(b) The self.
(d) The infinite and the finite.
3. How long does it take Kierkegaard to write Fear and Trembling?
(a) 5 months.
(b) Less than 60 days.
(c) 35 days.
(d) 2 years.
4. What does The Sickness Unto Death argue the self is?
(a) The part of man that thinks.
(b) The part of man that does not love Christ.
(c) The whole of man.
(d) A relation that relates to itself.
5. How many realms does Stages on Life's Way discuss?
(a) 5 realms.
(b) 2 realms.
(c) 4 realms.
(d) 3 realms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What topic does Either/Or end with?
2. What does Kierkegaard think of The Sickness Unto Death?
3. What does Kierkegaard say of the realms discussed in Stages on Life's Way?
4. In Chapter 13, what does Robert Bretall argue 1848 is for Kierkegaard's writing?
5. What is the main theme of Fear and Trembling?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)