|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, The Sickness Unto Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stages on Life's Way divide according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 7?
(a) Lies and superstitions.
(b) How to love Christ.
(d) Spheres of existence.
2. How long does it take Kierkegaard to write Fear and Trembling?
(a) 5 months.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 35 days.
(d) Less than 60 days.
3. What does Kierkegaard think The Sickness Unto Death contains too much of?
(a) References to Christ.
(b) Discussion to effectively use rhetoric.
(d) Long sentence.
4. What does The Sickness Unto Death argue the self is?
(a) The part of man that thinks.
(b) The whole of man.
(c) The part of man that does not love Christ.
(d) A relation that relates to itself.
5. What does Kierkegaard use when he writes about the Knight of Faith with the Knight of Infinite Resignation?
(d) Impossible situations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does The Sickness Unto Death define?
2. What is Kierkegaard aware of concerning Fear and Trembling?
3. In Chapter 13, what does Robert Bretall argue 1848 is for Kierkegaard's writing?
4. Who does The Sickness Unto Death argue the person is?
5. Who does Kierkegaard write his pseudonymous work for according to Fear and Trembling?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)