|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, The Sickness Unto Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the meditation in Fear and Trembling illustrate?
(a) Kierkegaard's regrets.
(b) Kierkegaard's love for Regina.
(c) Kierkegaard's happiness.
(d) Kierkegaard's love for mistery.
2. What does the first piece of Stages on Life's Way cover?
(a) Love and aesthetic.
(b) Trust in the state Church.
(c) The role of Bishops.
(d) Love in Christ.
3. What does Kierkegaard say of the realms discussed in Stages on Life's Way?
(a) They can all be mastered.
(b) They are all divided in 3.
(c) They are all concrete forms of existance.
(d) They all need Christ to make sense.
4. What does Kierkegaard argue is merely foreshadowed in Stages on Life's Way?
5. What does Robert Bretall in Chapter 13 argue The Sickness Unto Death tries to understand?
(a) The love of Christ.
(b) The role of the church in the state.
(d) The corruption within each man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Kierkegaard write his pseudonymous work for according to Fear and Trembling?
2. How does Kierkegaard call the first piece of Stages on Life's Way?
3. What is the name of the best known section of Stages on Life's Way?
4. How does Kierkegaard describe what Christians call sin?
5. What is Kierkegaard aware of concerning Fear and Trembling?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)