|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, The Sickness Unto Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Outside of what does Fear and Trembling not make sense?
(b) An asylum.
(c) Kierkegaard's life.
(d) The Protestant faith.
2. What is Kierkegaard aware of concerning Fear and Trembling?
(a) It will be translated into many languages.
(b) The Denmark Church will be offended.
(c) It is not that good.
(d) Everyone will hate it.
3. What does The Sickness Unto Death argue the self is?
(a) The part of man that does not love Christ.
(b) A relation that relates to itself.
(c) The whole of man.
(d) The part of man that thinks.
4. What is the name of the best known section of Stages on Life's Way?
(a) The banquet.
(b) The meal.
(c) The last supper.
(d) The restaurant.
5. In Chapter 13, what does Robert Bretall argue 1848 is for Kierkegaard's writing?
(a) The year of his first commercial success.
(b) The year he realizes he still loves Regina.
(c) The year he starts doubting Christ.
(d) The height of his productivity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does The Sickness Unto Death argue the person is?
2. What does The Sickness Unto Death define?
3. What does Kierkegaard think The Sickness Unto Death contains too much of?
4. What does the meditation in Fear and Trembling illustrate?
5. What does Stages on Life's Way divide according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 7?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)