|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, The Sickness Unto Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard say of the realms discussed in Stages on Life's Way?
(a) They can all be mastered.
(b) They are all divided in 3.
(c) They all need Christ to make sense.
(d) They are all concrete forms of existance.
2. What does The Sickness Unto Death argue is contained within man?
(a) The self.
(c) The infinite and the finite.
3. What does Kierkegaard say must stop being the ultimate goal and motivation for life in Stages of Life's Way?
4. What does Kierkegaard think Fear and Trembling will do to the reader?
(a) Amuse him.
(b) Make him think.
(c) Make him convert.
(d) Terrify him.
5. What does Kierkegaard think Fear and Trembling represents?
(a) His childhood.
(b) His entire life.
(c) Regina's past.
(d) The word of Christ.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Kierkegaard think is the most likely person to understand the ideas in Fear and Trembling?
2. What does The Sickness Unto Death define?
3. What does Kierkegaard think of The Sickness Unto Death?
4. What does Kierkegaard think The Sickness Unto Death contains too much of?
5. What does Kierkegaard argue man is not?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)