|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, The Sickness Unto Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stages on Life's Way divide according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 7?
(a) Lies and superstitions.
(b) Spheres of existence.
(d) How to love Christ.
2. What is Kierkegaard aware of concerning Fear and Trembling?
(a) It is not that good.
(b) The Denmark Church will be offended.
(c) It will be translated into many languages.
(d) Everyone will hate it.
3. Who does Kierkegaard think is the most likely person to understand the ideas in Fear and Trembling?
(b) A theologian.
(d) A priest.
4. What does Robert Bretall in Chapter 13 argue The Sickness Unto Death tries to understand?
(a) The love of Christ.
(b) The role of the church in the state.
(c) The corruption within each man.
5. What does Kierkegaard argue man is not?
(b) What he is in principle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard say of the realms discussed in Stages on Life's Way?
2. What does The Sickness Unto Death argue the self is?
3. What is the main theme of Fear and Trembling?
4. What does The Sickness Unto Death argue is contained within man?
5. Outside of what does Fear and Trembling not make sense?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)