|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, The Sickness Unto Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Outside of what does Fear and Trembling not make sense?
(a) Kierkegaard's life.
(b) An asylum.
(d) The Protestant faith.
2. In Chapter 13, what does Robert Bretall argue 1848 is for Kierkegaard's writing?
(a) The year he realizes he still loves Regina.
(b) The height of his productivity.
(c) The year he starts doubting Christ.
(d) The year of his first commercial success.
3. What does Robert Bretall in Chapter 13 argue The Sickness Unto Death tries to understand?
(a) The role of the church in the state.
(b) The corruption within each man.
(d) The love of Christ.
4. Who does Kierkegaard write his pseudonymous work for according to Fear and Trembling?
(d) The public.
5. What does Stages on Life's Way divide according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 7?
(a) How to love Christ.
(c) Spheres of existence.
(d) Lies and superstitions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard argue is merely foreshadowed in Stages on Life's Way?
2. What is the name of the best known section of Stages on Life's Way?
3. Who does Kierkegaard think is the most likely person to understand the ideas in Fear and Trembling?
4. What does Kierkegaard think of The Sickness Unto Death?
5. What do truth and art require according to Fear and Trembling?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)