|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, The Sickness Unto Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Kierkegaard think is the most likely person to understand the ideas in Fear and Trembling?
(a) A theologian.
(b) A priest.
2. What does Kierkegaard think Fear and Trembling will do to the reader?
(a) Terrify him.
(b) Make him think.
(c) Amuse him.
(d) Make him convert.
3. How many realms does Stages on Life's Way discuss?
(a) 4 realms.
(b) 5 realms.
(c) 3 realms.
(d) 2 realms.
4. What does The Sickness Unto Death define?
(b) The spirit and the self.
(c) The self.
(d) Love and hatred.
5. What does Stages on Life's Way divide according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 7?
(b) Lies and superstitions.
(c) How to love Christ.
(d) Spheres of existence.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what does Robert Bretall argue 1848 is for Kierkegaard's writing?
2. What does The Sickness Unto Death argue the self is?
3. What does Kierkegaard think The Sickness Unto Death contains too much of?
4. What does Kierkegaard use when he writes about the Knight of Faith with the Knight of Infinite Resignation?
5. Who does The Sickness Unto Death argue the person is?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)