|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, The Sickness Unto Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard argue man is not?
(d) What he is in principle.
2. Who does Kierkegaard write his pseudonymous work for according to Fear and Trembling?
(c) The public.
3. Who does Kierkegaard think is the most likely person to understand the ideas in Fear and Trembling?
(a) A priest.
(b) A theologian.
4. How does Kierkegaard call the first piece of Stages on Life's Way?
(a) Guilty/Not Guilty.
5. What does Kierkegaard use when he writes about the Knight of Faith with the Knight of Infinite Resignation?
(c) Impossible situations.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many realms does Stages on Life's Way discuss?
2. What does the first piece of Stages on Life's Way cover?
3. In Chapter 13, what does Robert Bretall argue 1848 is for Kierkegaard's writing?
4. What does Kierkegaard think Fear and Trembling will do to the reader?
5. What does the meditation in Fear and Trembling illustrate?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)