|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, The Sickness Unto Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does The Sickness Unto Death argue the person is?
(a) A ghost.
(c) A spirit.
(d) The son of Christ.
2. What does Kierkegaard think The Sickness Unto Death contains too much of?
(a) References to Christ.
(b) Discussion to effectively use rhetoric.
(d) Long sentence.
3. What is the name of the best known section of Stages on Life's Way?
(a) The restaurant.
(b) The meal.
(c) The last supper.
(d) The banquet.
4. What does Kierkegaard say "is given its rights"?
(d) The religious realm.
5. What does the first piece of Stages on Life's Way cover?
(a) Love and aesthetic.
(b) Love in Christ.
(c) The role of Bishops.
(d) Trust in the state Church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard think Fear and Trembling represents?
2. How long does it take Kierkegaard to write Fear and Trembling?
3. What does Stages on Life's Way divide according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 7?
4. Who does Kierkegaard think is the most likely person to understand the ideas in Fear and Trembling?
5. What does The Sickness Unto Death argue the self is?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)