|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, The Sickness Unto Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take Kierkegaard to write Fear and Trembling?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 5 months.
(c) Less than 60 days.
(d) 35 days.
2. What does the first piece of Stages on Life's Way cover?
(a) Love and aesthetic.
(b) The role of Bishops.
(c) Trust in the state Church.
(d) Love in Christ.
3. What does Kierkegaard argue man is not?
(c) What he is in principle.
4. Who does Kierkegaard write his pseudonymous work for according to Fear and Trembling?
(d) The public.
5. How does Kierkegaard call the first piece of Stages on Life's Way?
(d) Guilty/Not Guilty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Freud's ideas does Kierkegaard prefigure in The Sickness Unto Death?
2. What is Kierkegaard aware of concerning Fear and Trembling?
3. What does The Sickness Unto Death define?
4. What does Kierkegaard say "is given its rights"?
5. What does Kierkegaard claim concerning man and the self in The Sickness Unto Death?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)