|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, The Sickness Unto Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Outside of what does Fear and Trembling not make sense?
(a) An asylum.
(b) The Protestant faith.
(d) Kierkegaard's life.
2. What does Kierkegaard argue is merely foreshadowed in Stages on Life's Way?
3. What is the main theme of Fear and Trembling?
(c) The encounter between the individual and the universe.
4. What does The Sickness Unto Death define?
(a) The self.
(b) Love and hatred.
(d) The spirit and the self.
5. Which of Freud's ideas does Kierkegaard prefigure in The Sickness Unto Death?
(a) Death instinct.
(b) Dream interpretation.
(d) Oedipus complex.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stages on Life's Way divide according to Robert Bretall in Chapter 7?
2. What does Kierkegaard say "is given its rights"?
3. How does Kierkegaard call the first piece of Stages on Life's Way?
4. What does Kierkegaard argue man is not?
5. What does Kierkegaard think The Sickness Unto Death contains too much of?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)