One Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, The Sickness Unto Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard argue man is not?
(a) What he is in principle.
2. What does the meditation in Fear and Trembling illustrate?
(a) Kierkegaard's happiness.
(b) Kierkegaard's love for Regina.
(c) Kierkegaard's regrets.
(d) Kierkegaard's love for mistery.
3. What does Kierkegaard say must stop being the ultimate goal and motivation for life in Stages of Life's Way?
4. What is Kierkegaard aware of concerning Fear and Trembling?
(a) Everyone will hate it.
(b) The Denmark Church will be offended.
(c) It is not that good.
(d) It will be translated into many languages.
5. What does Robert Bretall in Chapter 13 argue The Sickness Unto Death tries to understand?
(a) The corruption within each man.
(b) The role of the church in the state.
(d) The love of Christ.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard say "is given its rights"?
2. Which of Freud's ideas does Kierkegaard prefigure in The Sickness Unto Death?
3. What does The Sickness Unto Death argue the self is?
4. What is the main theme of Fear and Trembling?
5. What does Kierkegaard think Fear and Trembling will do to the reader?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)