Chapter 1, The Journals
* Chapter 1, The Journals includes passages from Kierkegaard's journals, some which predate his conversion to Christianity.
* On July 29, 1835, Kierkegaard found himself in Gilbjerg where he felt contentment and turned away from the busy world.
* Kierkegaard is aware of Christ's words about the sparrow.
* Kierkegaard converts and feels that the gifts God gives must be a punishment and may disappear.
* Kierkegaard feels despair.
* Kierkegaard loves Regina Olsen, but they break their engagement. She is madly in love, and he feels he cannot share part of himself with her.
Chapter 2, Either/Or, A Fragment of Life
* In Chapter 2, Either/Or, A Fragment of Life, Kierkegaard leaves for Berlin after breaking up with Regina and loses himself in philosophy, attending lectures opposing Hegel.
* Kierkegaard works on a book that he publishes under the pseudonym Victor Eremita.
* The title of the book depicts the decisive choices made in life.
This section contains 1,764 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)