Chapter 1, The Journals
• Chapter 1, The Journals includes passages from Kierkegaard's journals, some which predate his conversion to Christianity.
• On July 29, 1835, Kierkegaard found himself in Gilbjerg where he felt contentment and turned away from the busy world.
• Kierkegaard is aware of Christ's words about the sparrow.
• Kierkegaard converts and feels that the gifts God gives must be a punishment and may disappear.
• Kierkegaard feels despair.
• Kierkegaard loves Regina Olsen, but they break their engagement. She is madly in love, and he feels he cannot share part of himself with her.
Chapter 2, Either/Or, A Fragment of Life
• In Chapter 2, Either/Or, A Fragment of Life, Kierkegaard leaves for Berlin after breaking up with Regina and loses himself in philosophy, attending lectures opposing Hegel.
• Kierkegaard works on a book that he publishes under the pseudonym Victor Eremita.
• The title of the book depicts the decisive choices made in...
This section contains 1,778 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)