|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kinsey tell Mrs. Glass after finding the letter to Libby from Laurence?
2. What does Diane want Kinsey to do with a photo album she has?
3. Gwen calls Kinsey to meet with her for the third time. What does she want to tell Kinsey?
4. Kinsey believes that Gwen did not kill Sharon and Libby. What does she decide she must do?
5. What is the result of what Kinsey does on the insurance fraud case?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Greg Fife tell Kinsey about his father's allergy that might have some bearing on the case?
2. When she gets home from Nikki's beach house, Charlie is waiting for Kinsey, but she is not very happy to see him. She agrees to go to dinner with him. What happens at the Ranch House restaurant?
3. After meeting with Garry Steinberg, Kinsey goes back to the Glass residence where only Mrs. Glass is waiting for her. What happens when they go down to the basement to get Libby's things?
4. After Garry shares his news about Lyle, Gwen Fife calls Kinsey, and they arrange to meet for lunch. What does Gwen tell Kinsey, and how does Kinsey respond?
5. Kinsey now knows that Gwen killed Laurence but is still puzzled about the deaths of Libby and Sharon. She realizes there must be another murderer. Where does she go, and what does she plan to do?
6. After visiting Greg Fife, Kinsey goes to see Diane Fife, his sister. What does Diane share with Kinsey about her parents?
7. What is the result of Kinsey's going to the Ranch House restaurant with Charlie?
8. What details does Kinsey have to take care of when she returns to her motel in Los Angeles, after concluding her meetings with Greg and Diane Fife?
9. On the Monday after her meal with Charlie, Kinsey meets with Con Dolan at homicide. What is the outcome of her meeting with Con?
10. Where does Kinsey go after she has attempted to find out more from Colin about Gwen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The setting refers to the time and the place where a story takes place. Compare and contrast the main settings of "'A' Is for Alibi": Santa Teresa, Los Angeles, and Las Vegas. How do the settings have an impact on the novel? Cite at least three examples for each setting.
Essay Topic 2
Define the component of the literary element of plot known as exposition. What purpose does it serve in writing? Give four examples of Sue Grafton's use of exposition in "'A' Is for Alibi" that enhance the novel.
Essay Topic 3
What does authenticity mean when it applies to the writing of fiction? What must be made authentic in the genre of mystery novel writing? Give four examples of specific topics or events that the author has made authentic in "'A' is for Alibi."
This section contains 1,364 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)