|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kinsey respond to Charlie when he takes her out to the Ranch House in Ojai?
(a) She thinks he is a pompous bore.
(b) She decides she is not interested in him anymore.
(c) She thinks she is falling in love.
(d) She is attracted to him but is also irritated with him.
2. While Kinsey and Charlie are at John Powers' place, Charlie gets angry with Kinsey. Why?
(a) She asks him questions about the Fife case.
(b) She accuses him of lying.
(c) She won't commit to being his girlfriend.
(d) She won't give up her career for him.
3. Who does Diane say was the only person her father ever really loved?
(a) His mother.
4. What does Kinsey decide she has to do as she reviews her notes for the last time?
(a) Turn the case over to the police.
(b) Hire a bodyguard.
(c) Verify where Charlie was the night of Laurence's death.
(d) Interview some of the witnesses again.
5. Charlie shows up soon after she's reviewed the Fife case. Why has he come to see her?
(a) To ask her if she will take care of John's dogs.
(b) To apologize for getting angry at John's place.
(c) To ask her to ignore certain information she has on him.
(d) To ask her to date him exclusively.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the homicide detective say about Kinsey's involvement in Sharon Napier's death?
2. What is the result of Kinsey's phone call to Charlotte Mercer?
3. Why was Lyle let go from the work position he had held in the past?
4. What did Colin notice about Gwen when he and his father visited her?
5. When Kinsey meets with Nikki after visiting the Glasses for the second time, what does she ask Nikki to examine?
Short Essay Questions
1. After visiting Greg Fife, Kinsey goes to see Diane Fife, his sister. What does Diane share with Kinsey about her parents?
2. Kinsey phones Charlotte Mercer after discussing the "Darling Elizabeth" letter with Con Dolan. What does Charlotte tell her? Who can Kinsey now eliminate as suspects? Who can't she eliminate, causing her uneasiness?
3. What does Kinsey do when she returns to the Glass residence the day after the explosion?
4. Kinsey takes boxes of Libby's things back to the motel room. What does she do and what does she find?
5. What details does Kinsey have to take care of when she returns to her motel in Los Angeles, after concluding her meetings with Greg and Diane Fife?
6. What is the result of Kinsey's last trip to L.A.?
7. What surprising things does Gwen Fife tell Kinsey when she meets her at Rosie's Bar?
8. After her third visit to the Glass residence, Kinsey returns to Santa Teresa and sleeps until 4 in the afternoon. Then she heads to Nikki's beach house. What happens at the beach house?
9. Kinsey decides she has to return to Nikki's beach house to follow up on something. What is it, and what is the result of the follow up?
10. What does Greg Fife tell Kinsey about his father's allergy that might have some bearing on the case?
This section contains 1,358 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)