|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Kinsey phone to arrange a meeting with soon after she returns from L.A.?
(a) The Santa Teresa homicide detective.
(b) Mrs. Glass.
(c) Her therapist.
(d) Lyle Abernathy.
2. Kinsey asks the Homicide Division of the Santa Teresa police force what they found out about the "Darling Elizabeth" letter. What does the homicide detective tell her?
(a) That they couldn't recover any prints but the handwriting is almost certainly Laurence's.
(b) That it was actually written by two different people.
(c) That the handwriting matches Sharon Napier's.
(d) That Nikki Fife's prints are all over it.
3. When Kinsey meets Colin Fife for the first time, what does she think he looks like?
(a) A pixie.
(b) A lion cub.
(c) A gargoyle.
(d) A little old man.
4. At their meeting, Kinsey and Diane talk about the family dog, Bruno. What happened to Bruno?
(a) He disappeared, and no one had a clue what happened to him.
(b) He was killed by a car on the Labor Day weekend just before Laurence died.
(c) Laurence gave Bruno to Libby just before his death.
(d) Gwen had Bruno destroyed just to anger Laurence.
5. Charlie and Kinsey make love again. How does Kinsey feel about this after Charlie leaves?
(a) She is very happy with their relationship.
(b) She feels used.
(c) It is unprofessional and dangerous behavior.
(d) She thinks she can get more information from him this way.
Short Answer Questions
1. After visiting Garry Steinberg, Kinsey hits the road for Santa Teresa and thinks about Charlie as she drives. What conclusion does she reach?
2. On the Monday after her date with Charlie at the Ranch House, Kinsey visits the Homicide Division at the Santa Teresa police station. What does she want done with the "Darling Elizabeth" letter?
3. What did Colin notice about Gwen when he and his father visited her?
4. What does Diane want Kinsey to do with a photo album she has?
5. In Chapter 26, Kinsey speaks to Nikki again about an old scandal involving Laurence. What was the scandal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Kinsey go after she has attempted to find out more from Colin about Gwen?
2. After confronting Lyle in L.A., Kinsey goes to the accounting firm where Libby used to work. What does she tell Garry Steinberg that she suspects about Charlie?
3. What does Greg Fife tell Kinsey about his father's allergy that might have some bearing on the case?
4. After meeting with Con, Kinsey decides the time has come to finally trap Marcia Threadgill, the fraudster who is trying to get money out of the California Fidelity Insurance Company. What does Kinsey do?
5. What is the result of Kinsey's last trip to L.A.?
6. After meeting with Garry Steinberg, Kinsey goes back to the Glass residence where only Mrs. Glass is waiting for her. What happens when they go down to the basement to get Libby's things?
7. After visiting Greg Fife, Kinsey goes to see Diane Fife, his sister. What does Diane share with Kinsey about her parents?
8. While driving back to Santa Teresa after visiting Garry Steinberg, what does Kinsey realize about her relationship with Charlie? How do Sharon's phone bills help her verify this?
9. After taking photos of Marcia Threadgill, Garry Steinberg passes some information on to Kinsey. What is it, and why might it be important to the case?
10. On the Monday after her meal with Charlie, Kinsey meets with Con Dolan at homicide. What is the outcome of her meeting with Con?
This section contains 1,392 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)