|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kinsey think this new information on Lyle's past work life might be important?
(a) He might have been able to break into the Fife residence to tamper with Laurence's medication.
(b) He had had access to information on Laurence Fife's medical needs.
(c) He had a lot of skills.
(d) He would have known Laurence's itinerary.
2. How does Diane feel about what happened to Bruno?
(a) She doesn't think it connects to Laurence's death.
(b) She still grieves and wishes he were back.
(c) She blames herself.
(d) She thinks it had something to do with Laurence's death.
3. What valuable piece of information does Greg Fife tell Kinsey that relates to his father's case?
(a) Greg overheard his father talking to Libby Glass on the phone.
(b) Laurence did not take his medication that weekend.
(c) His sister Diane knew something about Laurence's death.
(d) Laurence was very nervous all that weekend.
4. While Kinsey and Charlie are at John Powers' place, Charlie gets angry with Kinsey. Why?
(a) She won't give up her career for him.
(b) She asks him questions about the Fife case.
(c) She accuses him of lying.
(d) She won't commit to being his girlfriend.
5. Why does Kinsey want to see Colin Fife for a second time?
(a) She wants to question him about his mother.
(b) She didn't believe anything he told her at the first meeting.
(c) She wants to ask him when he had last seen his father's first wife, Gwen.
(d) She wants to show him photos of Lyle Abernathy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kinsey feel about Charlie's staying the night at her place?
2. When Kinsey visits Mrs. Glass for the second time, what happens when she and Mrs. Glass go into the basement?
3. Over dinner at the Ranch House, what does Charlie tell Kinsey about?
4. Whom does Kinsey suspect of being responsible for the incident in the Glass's basement?
5. The day after meeting with Greg Fife, Kinsey meets with his sister Diane. Where do they meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. The morning after Sharon Napier's death, Kinsey heads to Salton Sea. Who does she meet there, and what does she learn?
2. After her third visit to the Glass residence, Kinsey returns to Santa Teresa and sleeps until 4 in the afternoon. Then she heads to Nikki's beach house. What happens at the beach house?
3. What is the result of Kinsey's going to the Ranch House restaurant with Charlie?
4. Kinsey phones Charlotte Mercer after discussing the "Darling Elizabeth" letter with Con Dolan. What does Charlotte tell her? Who can Kinsey now eliminate as suspects? Who can't she eliminate, causing her uneasiness?
5. After taking photos of Marcia Threadgill, Garry Steinberg passes some information on to Kinsey. What is it, and why might it be important to the case?
6. Where does Kinsey go after she has attempted to find out more from Colin about Gwen?
7. On the Monday after her meal with Charlie, Kinsey meets with Con Dolan at homicide. What is the outcome of her meeting with Con?
8. After Garry shares his news about Lyle, Gwen Fife calls Kinsey, and they arrange to meet for lunch. What does Gwen tell Kinsey, and how does Kinsey respond?
9. While driving back to Santa Teresa after visiting Garry Steinberg, what does Kinsey realize about her relationship with Charlie? How do Sharon's phone bills help her verify this?
10. After meeting with Garry Steinberg, Kinsey goes back to the Glass residence where only Mrs. Glass is waiting for her. What happens when they go down to the basement to get Libby's things?
This section contains 1,358 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)