|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kinsey tell Mrs. Glass after finding the letter to Libby from Laurence?
(a) She tells her what she read in the letter.
(b) She tells her Libby was having an affair with Laurence.
(c) She tells her she is off the case.
(d) She tells her she didn't find anything of interest.
2. What does the homicide detective say about Kinsey's involvement in Sharon Napier's death?
(a) He wants all the details she has about Sharon.
(b) He believes she should take some responsibility for Sharon's death.
(c) He is happy with what she has done so far.
(d) He suspects she may have killed Sharon.
3. Kinsey decides she has to talk to Gwen a fourth time. What are they doing when Gwen confesses to killing Laurence?
(a) Eating lunch.
(b) Looking at Kinsey's photos.
(c) Having a drink at a bar.
(d) Driving to Kinsey's place.
4. Where was Charlie supposed to have been the night of Sharon's murder?
(a) New York.
(c) Los Angeles.
5. Why does Kinsey take photos when the insurance fraudster shows up?
(a) She wants to show her picture to the police.
(b) Kinsey wants to catch the fraudster doing something she claims she is unable to do.
(c) The insurance company asked her to.
(d) The insurance company thinks she is following the wrong woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of Kinsey's phone call to Charlotte Mercer?
2. Whom does Kinsey phone to arrange a meeting with soon after she returns from L.A.?
3. On a hunch and before she leaves the key place, Kinsey talks to Garry Steinberg. What does she tell him?
4. In Chapter 26, Kinsey speaks to Nikki again about an old scandal involving Laurence. What was the scandal?
5. After visiting Garry Steinberg, Kinsey hits the road for Santa Teresa and thinks about Charlie as she drives. What conclusion does she reach?
Short Essay Questions
1. Kinsey decides she has to return to Nikki's beach house to follow up on something. What is it, and what is the result of the follow up?
2. After confronting Lyle in L.A., Kinsey goes to the accounting firm where Libby used to work. What does she tell Garry Steinberg that she suspects about Charlie?
3. After meeting with Garry Steinberg, Kinsey goes back to the Glass residence where only Mrs. Glass is waiting for her. What happens when they go down to the basement to get Libby's things?
4. While driving back to Santa Teresa after visiting Garry Steinberg, what does Kinsey realize about her relationship with Charlie? How do Sharon's phone bills help her verify this?
5. Kinsey now knows that Gwen killed Laurence but is still puzzled about the deaths of Libby and Sharon. She realizes there must be another murderer. Where does she go, and what does she plan to do?
6. After her fight with Charlie, what does Kinsey do? What does this make her realize? What happens when he comes over later to apologize?
7. After her third visit to the Glass residence, Kinsey returns to Santa Teresa and sleeps until 4 in the afternoon. Then she heads to Nikki's beach house. What happens at the beach house?
8. What does Kinsey learn at her meeting with Garry Steinberg?
9. What is the result of Kinsey's going to the Ranch House restaurant with Charlie?
10. What does Greg Fife tell Kinsey about his father's allergy that might have some bearing on the case?
This section contains 1,301 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)