|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With the help of a friend, which Nevada city does Kinsey find out Sharon now lives in?
(a) Carson City.
(c) Las Vegas.
2. When Kinsey first visits him, what is the police detective's assessment of the Libby Glass case?
(a) That someone else killed Libby Glass.
(b) That Libby Glass killed herself.
(c) That Nikki Fife was responsible for her death also.
(d) That Libby Glass took the poison accidentally.
3. What happens the morning after Kinsey first meets with Sharon?
(a) The police call Kinsey and say Sharon is dead.
(b) Sharon comes to Kinsey's motel room to talk.
(c) Kinsey sleeps in and misses her appointment with Sharon.
(d) Kinsey gets a call from Sharon's ex-husband.
4. The morning after arriving in Nevada, what is the first thing Kinsey does?
(a) She leaves $50 for the friend who gave her Sharon's address.
(b) She finds a better motel to stay in.
(c) She follows Sharon to work.
(d) She heads for the nearest casino.
5. After leaving Lyle Abernathy, Kinsey next visits Libby's workplace in Los Angeles. What is the name of the firm?
(a) Continental and Dunhill.
(b) Haycraft and McNiece.
(c) Embden and Maloney.
(d) Pitts and Rivera.
Short Answer Questions
1. While at Rosie's, Nikki tells Kinsey she knows the name Libby Glass. How does she know it?
2. Later the same day after her first meeting with Gwen, Kinsey asks Nikki Fife to meet her in the house where Laurence died. Where is the house?
3. After finding out about Charlotte Mercer, why does Kinsey want to speak to her?
4. How did the particular piece of evidence help convict Nikki?
5. Kinsey asks Nikki what she thinks of Charlie's being responsible for Laurence's death. How does she respond?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the reader find out about the city of Santa Teresa in Chapter 2?
2. Kinsey confronts Lyle after she leaves the Glass residence by following him to his workplace. How does he respond to her questions about Libby?
3. What is Kinsey's impression of Las Vegas?
4. What is Charlie's reaction to Nikki Fife's reopening the murder case? What does he say about Gwen Fife, Sharon Napier, and Libby Glass?
5. What does Kinsey learn when she stops to speak to Laurence Fife's pharmacist before she leaves Montebello?
6. After meeting Sharon at the casino, Kinsey goes back to her motel room to sleep, still feeling sick, and is woken up by a phone call from Sharon at 8:30 that night. What happens while Kinsey is on the phone with Sharon?
7. In Chapter 6, where does Kinsey meet Nikki to talk about what she has learned so far? What is the place like? What information do they share?
8. Who is Con Dolan, and why does Kinsey go to visit him?
9. How does Kinsey get to Las Vegas?
10. Before she agrees to work for Nikki, Kinsey questions her about her marriage to Laurence. What does Nikki tell her? How does Kinsey respond to her?
This section contains 1,370 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)