|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which phrase best describes the Santa Teresa detective who is Kinsey's contact?
(a) Young, energetic, and talkative.
(b) Quiet, dignified, and elderly.
(c) Unkempt, with a pouchy face and a comb-over.
(d) A sharp dresser with a sharp attitude.
2. Nikki served time for this crime. How long was she in jail?
(a) Eight years.
(b) Eight months.
(c) Four years.
(d) Two years
3. When Kinsey goes to see California Fidelity about her insurance fraudster case, what do her clients there tell her?
(a) That they won't pursue the case.
(b) That the fraudster appears to have left Santa Teresa.
(c) That they are happy with what she's done so far.
(d) That they want her to investigate it further.
4. When Kinsey asks Charlotte Mercer about Sharon Napier, what does Charlotte tell her?
(a) That Sharon had had an affair with Laurence.
(b) That she had never heard of her.
(c) That Laurence had had an affair with Sharon's mother.
(d) That Sharon had dated Laurence Fife's older son.
5. Kinsey goes to meet Charlie Scorsoni for the first time, and he keeps her waiting, so she grills his secretary. What is her name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kinsey Millhone's occupation?
2. How is Santa Teresa, where Kinsey works and lives, described in Chapter 2?
3. Soon after leaving her interview with Nikki, Kinsey returns to her surveillance of the insurance fraudster. What does she notice has changed at the woman's apartment?
4. Whom does Kinsey interview after she leaves Nikki's former home?
5. What does Kinsey first do to trace Sharon Napier's whereabouts?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kinsey find out about the Fife children by talking to Gwen at her dog-grooming business?
2. Kinsey and Nikki discuss how Laurence died. What was the cause of his death?
3. Kinsey visits the firm where Libby Glass worked and leaves her card for a Garry Steinberg to call her. Soon she is talking to Charlie Scorsoni who calls her from Denver. What does Kinsey tell Charlie?
4. Immediately after taking on Nikki's case, Kinsey turns her attention to Charlie Scorsoni, Laurence Fife's law partner. What is the result of this?
5. At the beginning of the novel, Kinsey is approached by Nikki Fife. What is Nikki's background, and what does she want Kinsey to do?
6. After her discussion with Charlotte Mercer, Kinsey decides she must find Sharon Napier. How does she do this?
7. How does Kinsey decide that she will investigate the case for Nikki?
8. Kinsey tells Nikki she believes that Nikki is innocent. She agrees to take the case on certain conditions. What are they? What does Nikki do?
9. What is Con Dolan's impression of Kinsey's assessment of the Fife case?
10. Before she agrees to work for Nikki, Kinsey questions her about her marriage to Laurence. What does Nikki tell her? How does Kinsey respond to her?
This section contains 1,068 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)