|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kinsey walks home after talking to Nikki at Rosie's Bar. How far away does she live?
(a) Four miles.
(b) Half a block.
(c) Two miles.
(d) Half a mile.
2. What is wrong with Libby Glass's father?
(a) He had polio as a child.
(b) He is disabled from a car accident.
(c) He has emphysema.
(d) He has lost his hearing.
3. In Chapter 9, Kinsey heads to Los Angeles. Where does she stay?
(a) Arlette's Boarding House.
(b) The Happy Valley Inn.
(c) The Hacienda Motor Lodge.
(d) The Monte Vista Motel.
4. When Kinsey asks Charlotte Mercer about Sharon Napier, what does Charlotte tell her?
(a) That Laurence had had an affair with Sharon's mother.
(b) That she had never heard of her.
(c) That Sharon had dated Laurence Fife's older son.
(d) That Sharon had had an affair with Laurence.
5. Kinsey asks Nikki what she thinks of Charlie's being responsible for Laurence's death. How does she respond?
(a) Nikki does not think Charlie had a motive.
(b) Nikki says she's thought it over and wants to look into it.
(c) Nikki laughs hysterically at the idea.
(d) Nikki says that it was impossible because Charlie was with her that night.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Kinsey keep the information she records on her cases?
2. At their second meeting, Charlie and Kinsey talk about the Fife case. Charlie tells her Laurence travelled the week before he died. Where did Laurence go?
3. Who was Laurence Fife having drinks with on the night that he died?
4. When Kinsey meets with Charlotte Mercer, what does Charlotte tell her?
5. After looking at the files on the Laurence Fife case, Kinsey is no longer convinced Nikki is necessarily guilty. What is the detective's reaction?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Charlie's reaction to Nikki Fife's reopening the murder case? What does he say about Gwen Fife, Sharon Napier, and Libby Glass?
2. After discovering Sharon Napier's whereabouts, Kinsey decides she must visit Los Angeles first. Whom does she go to see there and what does she find out?
3. How does Kinsey decide that she will investigate the case for Nikki?
4. Kinsey tells Nikki she believes that Nikki is innocent. She agrees to take the case on certain conditions. What are they? What does Nikki do?
5. What is Kinsey's impression of Las Vegas?
6. What is Con Dolan's impression of Kinsey's assessment of the Fife case?
7. How does Kinsey finally get in touch with Sharon Napier in Las Vegas, and what happens when she meets with her?
8. Before she agrees to work for Nikki, Kinsey questions her about her marriage to Laurence. What does Nikki tell her? How does Kinsey respond to her?
9. What does Kinsey learn when she stops to speak to Laurence Fife's pharmacist before she leaves Montebello?
10. What happens when Lyle comes over to lunch at the Glasses'?
This section contains 1,164 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)