|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kinsey asks Nikki to pay her $1000 up front for her investigative work. How much does Nikki write a check for?
2. Charlie Scorsoni had changed since Kinsey had last seen him at the murder trial eight years previously. What has changed about him?
(a) He has had a nose job.
(b) He has lost weight.
(c) He has lost his hair.
(d) He has gained weight.
3. What does Kinsey take out of the pocket of Sharon's bathrobe when she is at Sharon's apartment?
(a) A list of phone numbers.
(b) A credit card.
(c) Some money.
(d) A paper with Kinsey's name and address on it.
4. Which statement does NOT apply to Rosie's Bar?
(a) The cuisine has a Hungarian twist.
(b) The plastic seats have little rips in them.
(c) It is a Santa Teresa tourist attraction.
(d) Drunken patrons shoot arrows at the marlin on the wall.
5. How did the particular piece of evidence help convict Nikki?
(a) It told of her husband's extramarital affairs.
(b) It revealed that Nikki was blackmailing Laurence.
(c) It pointed to Nikki's involvement in organized crime.
(d) It proved that Laurence was running a drug ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. The victim of the crime was Laurence Fife. What relationship was Nikki to him?
2. After looking at the files on the Laurence Fife case, Kinsey is no longer convinced Nikki is necessarily guilty. What is the detective's reaction?
3. Laurence Fife had had a lot of affairs. Gwen told Kinsey that one of his affairs was with Charlotte Mercer. Whom was she married to?
4. How does Kinsey travel to Nevada?
5. Kinsey goes to scope out Sharon's apartment before she visits her at her workplace. What does she find at the apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kinsey decide that she will investigate the case for Nikki?
2. Kinsey likes to jog every day, and when she goes out for her daily run after visiting Montebello, Charlie Scorsoni pulls up beside her in his blue Mercedes. They go back to Kinsey's apartment. What do they talk about there?
3. What is Charlie's reaction to Nikki Fife's reopening the murder case? What does he say about Gwen Fife, Sharon Napier, and Libby Glass?
4. What does Kinsey find out about the Fife children by talking to Gwen at her dog-grooming business?
5. What other case has Kinsey started working on when she is approached by Nikki?
6. After meeting Sharon at the casino, Kinsey goes back to her motel room to sleep, still feeling sick, and is woken up by a phone call from Sharon at 8:30 that night. What happens while Kinsey is on the phone with Sharon?
7. The day after meeting Charlie Scorsoni, Kinsey meets Gwen Fife. Where do they meet, and what does Kinsey learn?
8. What does the reader find out about the city of Santa Teresa in Chapter 2?
9. Kinsey meets Nikki for the second time at Rosie's Bar. What is Rose's Bar, and what do they discuss there?
10. What is Kinsey Millhone's occupation, and what do we know about her lifestyle?
This section contains 1,263 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)