|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After visiting Garry Steinberg, Kinsey hits the road for Santa Teresa and thinks about Charlie as she drives. What conclusion does she reach?
(a) That Sharon Napier knew something and Charlie needed her dead.
(b) That Charlie hired someone to kill Sharon.
(c) That she should never go out with the man again.
(d) That she is very much in love with him.
2. What does Kinsey realize she and Charlie have in common as they talk at the Ranch House?
(a) The both hate health food.
(b) They grew up in the same city.
(c) They both pour everything they have into their jobs.
(d) They both work out regularly.
3. Whom does Kinsey phone to arrange a meeting with soon after she returns from L.A.?
(a) Her therapist.
(b) Lyle Abernathy.
(c) The Santa Teresa homicide detective.
(d) Mrs. Glass.
4. While visiting Nikki and Colin for the second time, what does Kinsey tell her about Laurence?
(a) That he wasn't on any type of medication when he died.
(b) That Charlotte Mercer had told her he liked to return to old lovers.
(c) That more women have contacted Kinsey about having affairs with him.
(d) That Charlotte Mercer was seeing Laurence when he died.
5. What does Diane want Kinsey to do with a photo album she has?
(a) To destroy it.
(b) To keep it in a safe place until the case is solved.
(c) To give it to her half-brother Colin.
(d) To give it to Gwen.
6. Where does Kinsey find a letter addressed to "Darling Elizabeth"?
(a) In her mailbox.
(b) In one of Libby's diaries.
(c) Under her door.
(d) Inside a copy of the novel "Pride and Prejudice."
7. Whom does Kinsey suspect of being responsible for the incident in the Glass's basement?
(a) Lyle Abernathy.
(b) Mr. Glass.
(c) Charlie Scorsoni.
(d) The police.
8. After visiting with Nikki and Colin for the second time, Kinsey and Charlie go to the place of his friend John Powers. What do they do there?
(a) Water his plants.
(b) Check his mail.
(c) They walk John's dogs.
(d) Make a meal.
9. Kinsey returns home from John Powers' place and does a complete review of the Fife case. What conclusion does she come to?
(a) That she can't eliminate Charlie Scorsoni as a suspect.
(b) That it all points to Gwen as Laurence's killer.
(c) That a lot of the information is contradictory.
(d) That she needs to throw it all out and start over.
10. Why is the information Kinsey finds out during her phone call to Charlotte Mercer important to the case?
(a) Mrs. Napier and Libby Glass have the same first name.
(b) Lyle Abernathy is Laurence Fife's illegitimate son.
(c) Mrs. Napier is Libby Glass's aunt.
(d) Mrs. Napier is now a suspect in the case.
11. What valuable piece of information does Greg Fife tell Kinsey that relates to his father's case?
(a) Laurence did not take his medication that weekend.
(b) Greg overheard his father talking to Libby Glass on the phone.
(c) Laurence was very nervous all that weekend.
(d) His sister Diane knew something about Laurence's death.
12. What does Kinsey tell Mrs. Glass after finding the letter to Libby from Laurence?
(a) She tells her what she read in the letter.
(b) She tells her Libby was having an affair with Laurence.
(c) She tells her she didn't find anything of interest.
(d) She tells her she is off the case.
13. When Kinsey visits Mrs. Glass for the second time, what happens when she and Mrs. Glass go into the basement?
(a) Mrs. Glass falls down the stairs.
(b) There is an explosion.
(c) Someone pushes them from behind.
(d) A window breaks upstairs.
14. Kinsey pulls a gun on Lyle Abernathy when she returns to the key place. What is the result of this?
(a) He attacks her.
(b) He confesses to killing Libby and Sharon.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He confesses that he gave Libby the tranquilizer that killed her.
15. When Kinsey returns to Santa Teresa from Los Angeles, who has left her three messages?
(a) Charlie Scorsoni.
(b) Gwen Fife.
(c) Greg Fife.
(d) Garry Steinberg.
Short Answer Questions
1. When she returns to Santa Teresa after visiting the Glass residence, where does Kinsey go?
2. The day after meeting with Greg Fife, Kinsey meets with his sister Diane. Where do they meet?
3. Charlie and Kinsey make love again. How does Kinsey feel about this after Charlie leaves?
4. Kinsey believes that Gwen did not kill Sharon and Libby. What does she decide she must do?
5. What did Colin notice about Gwen when he and his father visited her?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)