|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kinsey respond to Charlie when he takes her out to the Ranch House in Ojai?
(a) She thinks he is a pompous bore.
(b) She is attracted to him but is also irritated with him.
(c) She decides she is not interested in him anymore.
(d) She thinks she is falling in love.
2. One of Kinsey's contacts lets her in on some new information about a past work position Lyle Abernathy held. What is the information?
(a) That Lyle had once apprenticed with a locksmith.
(b) That Lyle had been Laurence Fife's driver.
(c) That Lyle had installed the alarm systems at the Fife home.
(d) That Lyle had worked with the same firm that Libby Glass did.
3. Why does Kinsey take photos when the insurance fraudster shows up?
(a) The insurance company thinks she is following the wrong woman.
(b) She wants to show her picture to the police.
(c) The insurance company asked her to.
(d) Kinsey wants to catch the fraudster doing something she claims she is unable to do.
4. How old is Greg Fife?
5. While visiting Nikki and Colin for the second time, what does Kinsey tell her about Laurence?
(a) That he wasn't on any type of medication when he died.
(b) That more women have contacted Kinsey about having affairs with him.
(c) That Charlotte Mercer was seeing Laurence when he died.
(d) That Charlotte Mercer had told her he liked to return to old lovers.
6. What does Greg tell Kinsey about the Labor Day weekend just before Laurence died?
(a) He can't remember anything about it.
(b) His father was away in San Francisco.
(c) His mother was with her lover that weekend.
(d) The family was all together except for his sister Diane.
7. Charlie shows up soon after she's reviewed the Fife case. Why has he come to see her?
(a) To apologize for getting angry at John's place.
(b) To ask her to date him exclusively.
(c) To ask her to ignore certain information she has on him.
(d) To ask her if she will take care of John's dogs.
8. How does Kinsey feel about Charlie's staying the night at her place?
(a) She thinks they have a future together.
(b) She hopes it will not happen again.
(c) She is afraid to make a commitment to him.
(d) She feels comforted and safe.
9. Colin Fife shows his mother and Kinsey a photo of Gwen Fife. What does he call Gwen?
(b) Auntie Gwen.
(c) A witch.
(d) Daddy's mother.
10. When Kinsey returns to the Glass residence, what does Mrs. Glass call Libby?
11. When she returns to Santa Teresa after visiting the Glass residence, where does Kinsey go?
(a) To see the homicide detective.
(b) To the local courthouse.
(c) To meet Nikki at her beach house.
(d) To bed to for a good sleep.
12. How does Diane feel about what happened to Bruno?
(a) She doesn't think it connects to Laurence's death.
(b) She blames herself.
(c) She thinks it had something to do with Laurence's death.
(d) She still grieves and wishes he were back.
13. Gwen calls Kinsey to meet with her for the third time. What does she want to tell Kinsey?
(a) The proof Nikki didn't kill Laurence.
(b) The reasons why Libby couldn't have been murdered.
(c) The names of the men she'd had an affair with while she was married to Laurence.
(d) The name of the person who killed Laurence.
14. Whom does Kinsey suspect of being responsible for the incident in the Glass's basement?
(a) The police.
(b) Lyle Abernathy.
(c) Charlie Scorsoni.
(d) Mr. Glass.
15. What does the homicide detective say about Kinsey's involvement in Sharon Napier's death?
(a) He suspects she may have killed Sharon.
(b) He believes she should take some responsibility for Sharon's death.
(c) He is happy with what she has done so far.
(d) He wants all the details she has about Sharon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Kinsey phone to arrange a meeting with soon after she returns from L.A.?
2. Kinsey decides she has to talk to Gwen a fourth time. What are they doing when Gwen confesses to killing Laurence?
3. When Kinsey meets Colin Fife for the first time, what does she think he looks like?
4. What does Kinsey decide she has to do as she reviews her notes for the last time?
5. What did Colin notice about Gwen when he and his father visited her?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)