|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Charlie supposed to have been the night of Sharon's murder?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
2. Why is the information Kinsey finds out during her phone call to Charlotte Mercer important to the case?
(a) Mrs. Napier is now a suspect in the case.
(b) Lyle Abernathy is Laurence Fife's illegitimate son.
(c) Mrs. Napier is Libby Glass's aunt.
(d) Mrs. Napier and Libby Glass have the same first name.
3. Before going back to Santa Teresa, what does Kinsey do at the Glass house?
(a) She confronts Lyle with questions about his past.
(b) She asks Mr. Glass questions about Libby.
(c) She looks around the basement for more clues about what happened the day before.
(d) She has new locks and an alarm system installed.
4. What did Colin notice about Gwen when he and his father visited her?
(a) That she was tall.
(b) That she was pretty.
(c) That she had gray hair.
(d) That she had brown eyes.
5. Why was Lyle let go from the work position he had held in the past?
(a) He was chronically late for work.
(b) He had harassed coworkers.
(c) His boss suspected him of burglary.
(d) His boss suspected him of drug use.
6. What is the result of what Kinsey does on the insurance fraud case?
(a) The fraudster lodges a complaint with the police about Kinsey.
(b) The insurance company does not want to prosecute the case.
(c) The fraudster assaults Kinsey.
(d) The fraudster leaves town.
7. Gwen calls Kinsey to meet with her for the third time. What does she want to tell Kinsey?
(a) The names of the men she'd had an affair with while she was married to Laurence.
(b) The name of the person who killed Laurence.
(c) The reasons why Libby couldn't have been murdered.
(d) The proof Nikki didn't kill Laurence.
8. What does Kinsey tell Mrs. Glass after finding the letter to Libby from Laurence?
(a) She tells her she didn't find anything of interest.
(b) She tells her what she read in the letter.
(c) She tells her Libby was having an affair with Laurence.
(d) She tells her she is off the case.
9. How does Kinsey respond to Charlie when he takes her out to the Ranch House in Ojai?
(a) She thinks she is falling in love.
(b) She is attracted to him but is also irritated with him.
(c) She thinks he is a pompous bore.
(d) She decides she is not interested in him anymore.
10. One of Kinsey's contacts lets her in on some new information about a past work position Lyle Abernathy held. What is the information?
(a) That Lyle had installed the alarm systems at the Fife home.
(b) That Lyle had been Laurence Fife's driver.
(c) That Lyle had worked with the same firm that Libby Glass did.
(d) That Lyle had once apprenticed with a locksmith.
11. When Kinsey meets Colin Fife for the first time, what does she think he looks like?
(a) A gargoyle.
(b) A pixie.
(c) A little old man.
(d) A lion cub.
12. On a hunch and before she leaves the key place, Kinsey talks to Garry Steinberg. What does she tell him?
(a) That she thinks Charlie Scorsoni was embezzling funds at his firm.
(b) That she thinks there is a serial killer in Santa Teresa.
(c) That she thinks all the victims in the case were killed by one person.
(d) That she believes he has been lying to her all along.
13. What does Libby's coworker tell Kinsey about Libby?
(a) That she was not easy to work with.
(b) That she used to meet Laurence Fife at her workplace.
(c) That she was detail oriented and a good worker.
(d) That she was very sharp and ambitious.
14. Who does Diane say was the only person her father ever really loved?
(a) His mother.
15. Colin Fife shows his mother and Kinsey a photo of Gwen Fife. What does he call Gwen?
(a) A witch.
(b) Daddy's mother.
(d) Auntie Gwen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Kinsey disappointed with the homicide detective's conclusions on the "Darling Elizabeth" letter?
2. Kinsey picks up her developed photos after visiting the homicide division. What is significant about the photos?
3. Charlie shows up soon after she's reviewed the Fife case. Why has he come to see her?
4. After visiting with Nikki and Colin for the second time, Kinsey and Charlie go to the place of his friend John Powers. What do they do there?
5. When Kinsey visits him for the second time, how does Colin respond to Kinsey's questions?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)