|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of her conversation with Nikki in Rosie's Bar, Kinsey says that the first move will be to talk to a certain individual. Who is that person?
(a) Charlie Scorsoni.
(b) Henry Pitts.
(c) Con Dolan.
(d) Sharon Napier.
2. When they talk at Rosie's, what does Nikki say was her reason for staying with Laurence?
(a) Her young son Colin.
(b) He threatened to kill her.
(c) She still loved him.
(d) He was rich.
3. In Chapter 9, Kinsey heads to Los Angeles. Where does she stay?
(a) Arlette's Boarding House.
(b) The Monte Vista Motel.
(c) The Happy Valley Inn.
(d) The Hacienda Motor Lodge.
4. Soon after leaving her interview with Nikki, Kinsey returns to her surveillance of the insurance fraudster. What does she notice has changed at the woman's apartment?
(a) A different car is parked in the woman's regular space.
(b) Her name has been removed from her mailbox.
(c) The drapes have been changed in the living room.
(d) A withered plant that had been there before has been replaced with a huge hanging plant.
5. Kinsey asks Nikki to pay her $1000 up front for her investigative work. How much does Nikki write a check for?
6. Kinsey walks home after talking to Nikki at Rosie's Bar. How far away does she live?
(a) Two miles.
(b) Four miles.
(c) Half a block.
(d) Half a mile.
7. The phone call from Sharon prompts Kinsey to go to Sharon's apartment. What happens there?
(a) No one answers, and Kinsey looks for a key to get in.
(b) A police car is cruising up and down in front of the building.
(c) The building superintendant lets Kinsey into Sharon's unit.
(d) A man comes out of an apartment and runs away.
8. Why was Sharon Napier a witness at Nikki's trial for the murder of Laurence?
(a) Sharon was the last to see Laurence alive.
(b) Nikki had hired Sharon to tail Laurence.
(c) Sharon had threatened Laurence several times.
(d) Sharon had been a witness to a couple of their fights in his office.
9. What does Kinsey find out that makes her think Nikki might be guilty after all?
(a) Nikki had attacked Laurence with a tire iron a month before his death.
(b) Nikki had served time for another murder when she was younger.
(c) Nikki's answers to the investigating officers were contradictory.
(d) A young woman died the same way only a few days after Laurence was killed.
10. Where does Kinsey keep the information she records on her cases?
(a) On her cell phone.
(b) On her computer.
(c) On a blackboard.
(d) On a bulletin board.
11. The police detective decided not to charge Nikki with Libby Glass' death. Why?
(a) Because there was no evidence to connect the two deaths.
(b) Because he didn't have enough manpower to investigate her death.
(c) Because he was lazy.
(d) Because he couldn't place her at the scene of the crime.
12. What does Kinsey find out from her first conversation with Gwen about Nikki and Laurence's young son Colin?
(a) That he will have nothing to do with Laurence.
(b) That he lives with Nikki's mother.
(c) That Laurence has custody of him.
(d) That he is deaf.
13. With the help of a friend, which Nevada city does Kinsey find out Sharon now lives in?
(c) Carson City.
(d) Las Vegas.
14. When Kinsey asks Charlotte Mercer about Sharon Napier, what does Charlotte tell her?
(a) That Sharon had had an affair with Laurence.
(b) That Laurence had had an affair with Sharon's mother.
(c) That she had never heard of her.
(d) That Sharon had dated Laurence Fife's older son.
15. What does Kinsey take out of the pocket of Sharon's bathrobe when she is at Sharon's apartment?
(a) A list of phone numbers.
(b) A credit card.
(c) A paper with Kinsey's name and address on it.
(d) Some money.
Short Answer Questions
1. While they were at Rosie's, what does Nikki tell Kinsey she is absolutely convinced of?
2. What is wrong with Libby Glass's father?
3. During Kinsey's first interview with her, how does Gwen describe herself in her role as Laurence's first wife?
4. Later the same day after her first meeting with Gwen, Kinsey asks Nikki Fife to meet her in the house where Laurence died. Where is the house?
5. How did the particular piece of evidence help convict Nikki?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)