|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Kinsey keep the information she records on her cases?
(a) On a blackboard.
(b) On her computer.
(c) On a bulletin board.
(d) On her cell phone.
2. What does Kinsey say is a negative about using poison as a murder weapon?
(a) It's difficult to tamper with someone's medication.
(b) The killer isn't always there when the victim dies.
(c) Poison is not as exciting as guns or knives.
(d) The killer has to make sure only the victim takes it.
3. What is Kinsey Millhone's occupation?
(b) Insurance fraud assessor.
(c) Forensic scientist.
(d) Private investigator.
4. What is one reason Charlie would like to see Sharon Napier again?
(a) She owed him money when she left town.
(b) She had taken some important documents with her.
(c) He was in love with her.
(d) He wanted to speak to her mother.
5. Why was Sharon Napier a witness at Nikki's trial for the murder of Laurence?
(a) Sharon had been a witness to a couple of their fights in his office.
(b) Nikki had hired Sharon to tail Laurence.
(c) Sharon had threatened Laurence several times.
(d) Sharon was the last to see Laurence alive.
6. When Kinsey first visits him, what is the police detective's assessment of the Libby Glass case?
(a) That Libby Glass took the poison accidentally.
(b) That Libby Glass killed herself.
(c) That Nikki Fife was responsible for her death also.
(d) That someone else killed Libby Glass.
7. With the help of a friend, which Nevada city does Kinsey find out Sharon now lives in?
(b) Las Vegas.
(c) Carson City.
8. What does Sharon Napier tell Kinsey about Laurence Fife?
(a) That she was in love with him and they'd had an affair.
(b) That she would have killed him herself if she could have.
(c) That she was grief stricken when he died.
(d) That she disliked him and hated being his secretary.
9. Charlie Scorsoni had changed since Kinsey had last seen him at the murder trial eight years previously. What has changed about him?
(a) He has lost weight.
(b) He has had a nose job.
(c) He has gained weight.
(d) He has lost his hair.
10. How long ago did the crime take place that Nikki wants Kinsey to investigate?
(a) Four years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Eight years.
11. After looking at the files on the Laurence Fife case, Kinsey is no longer convinced Nikki is necessarily guilty. What is the detective's reaction?
(a) He just laughs and shakes his head.
(b) He tells her that she is dead wrong.
(c) He tells her that she is an amateur with no investigative skills.
(d) He knows that she will share any new information she finds with the police.
12. Laurence Fife had had a lot of affairs. Gwen told Kinsey that one of his affairs was with Charlotte Mercer. Whom was she married to?
(a) A heart surgeon.
(b) A famous lawyer.
(c) A judge.
(d) Laurence's boss.
13. The day after Kinsey's meeting with Charlie Scorsoni, she meets with Gwen, Laurence Fife's first wife. Where does Gwen work?
(a) At a veterinarian's office.
(b) At a pet store.
(c) At a dog-grooming business.
(d) At an animal shelter.
14. During Kinsey's first interview with her, how does Gwen describe herself in her role as Laurence's first wife?
(a) She had her own career and was rarely home.
(b) They had a long-distance marriage and she rarely saw him.
(c) She was very happy as a stay-at-home wife and mother.
(d) She was perfectly made up and dressed and was a dutiful cook and mother.
15. In Chapter 9, Kinsey heads to Los Angeles. Where does she stay?
(a) The Monte Vista Motel.
(b) The Hacienda Motor Lodge.
(c) Arlette's Boarding House.
(d) The Happy Valley Inn.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of her conversation with Nikki in Rosie's Bar, Kinsey says that the first move will be to talk to a certain individual. Who is that person?
2. Where does Nikki Fife live, now that she is out of jail?
3. At the time she is hired by Nikki, what does Kinsey know about Laurence Fife?
4. At their second meeting, Charlie and Kinsey talk about the Fife case. Charlie tells her Laurence travelled the week before he died. Where did Laurence go?
5. How is Santa Teresa, where Kinsey works and lives, described in Chapter 2?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)