|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the boys call the kidnapping in Chapter 30?
2. In Chapter 33 after their escape, Amanda and Nigel were returned to the Escape House. Who didn't usually concern himself with day-to-day activities?
3. As they were escaping in Chapter 31, who did Amanda want to find?
4. In Chapter 26, what did Amanda plan to do when she was released?
5. What was the name of the new house in Chapter 38?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Amanda describe her room in Chapter 34?
2. Why wasn't Amanda killed in Chapter 27?
3. What did Amanda learn about Abdullah that gave her a small bit of compassion for the boys who were her captors?
4. In Chapter 24, how could Amanda get a wider view of the neighboring yard, and why didn't she attempt to be able to see the yard more often?
5. What injuries did Amanda sustain during the escape attempt?
6. After Amanda was raped by Abdullah, what did she begin doing?
7. In Chapter 29, why did Amanda wonder if the near execution had been staged?
8. What role did Kelly Barker play on the crisis management team when Amanda was in captivity?
9. What did Nigel tell Amanda she should do as they were interrogated after the escape?
10. How were Amanda and Nigel freed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Amanda found fulfillment by visiting the Danakil Depression. Why did she find fulfillment and have all her expectations met during the visit?
Essay Topic 2
Amanda had one house she called a House in the Sky. What was this house and how did it get her through her captivity, especially when she was in Dark House?
Essay Topic 3
Amanda mentioned the Rule of Proximity in relationship to how she decided where to travel. What was the Rule of Proximity and how did Amanda use it to determine where she traveled?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)