|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 35, how did Amanda stave off despair?
2. What was Somalia not short of?
3. Even though Amanda was treated for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder after her release, what did she sometimes feel?
4. At the end of Chapter 37, what did Amanda visualize as Abdullah raped her?
5. In Chapter 43, when Ahmed noticed that Amanda's feet were swollen and scabbed from mosquito bites, that did he order the boys to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 38, what did Amanda find in her new room?
2. What did Nigel tell Amanda she should do as they were interrogated after the escape?
3. Who tried to help Amanda in the mosque when she and Nigel tried to escape?
4. What were the rules at the Dark House?
5. In Chapter 29, why did Amanda wonder if the near execution had been staged?
6. In Chapter 24, what did Amanda read?
7. In Chapter 33, what were Amanda and Nigel given to eat before they were returned to Escape House?
8. How were Amanda and Nigel freed?
9. What did Amanda learn about Abdullah that gave her a small bit of compassion for the boys who were her captors?
10. How was Romeo different from the other boys?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Amanda and Nigel decided to celebrate Christmas. Why and how did they plan to celebrate Christmas?
Essay Topic 2
Amanda had one house she called a House in the Sky. What was this house and how did it get her through her captivity, especially when she was in Dark House?
Essay Topic 3
Amanda and Nigel were kidnapped. How were they kidnapped and why were they kidnapped?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)