|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 27 when the night soldiers took Amanda to the desert, how did they respond to her questions?
2. What did the Somali word "maya" mean?
3. In Chapter 26, what did Amanda plan to do when she was released?
4. In Chapter 35, Amanda was trapped in a dark room. The only thing she could depend on were her other senses. What did Amanda feel every time she heard footsteps?
5. After her release, what did Amanda focus upon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which of their captives did Nigel and Amanda fear the most in Chapter 23?
2. In Chapter 29, why did Amanda wonder if the near execution had been staged?
3. In Chapter 29, what did Nigel think Amanda should do in case they killed her?
4. Who put together the care package that Nigel and Amanda received in Chapter 26 and to whom was it sent?
5. Who was the new Somali president in Chapter 39?
6. How were Amanda and Nigel freed?
7. What routine did Amanda establish for herself in Chapter 35?
8. What did Nigel tell Amanda she should do as they were interrogated after the escape?
9. Who tried to help Amanda in the mosque when she and Nigel tried to escape?
10. How was Romeo different from the other boys?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Amanda and Nigel received some new reading material in a care package. Why was it important to get new reading materials and how did it encourage them?
Essay Topic 2
Amanda and Nigel were separated and put in different rooms. Why did being alone after they were separated bother Amanda and how did she try to cope?
Essay Topic 3
Amanda became suicidal. What gave Amanda hope so that she decided not to kill herself?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)