|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. They handed Amanda the phone in Chapter 37. Who was on the phone?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 43, what did Skids bring Amanda in a plastic bag that he threw into her room?
3. What did Romeo say about Amanda's appearance in Chapter 39?
4. In Chapter 38, why did the kidnappers move Amanda and Nigel again?
5. As they were escaping in Chapter 31, who did Amanda want to find?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 43, how did Hassam go out of his way to check on Amanda?
2. Who was the new Somali president in Chapter 39?
3. Why wasn't Amanda killed in Chapter 27?
4. What did Amanda learn about Abdullah that gave her a small bit of compassion for the boys who were her captors?
5. Why didn't Nigel and Amanda remain friends?
6. In Chapter 30, how did Nigel think that he and Amanda might have been able to escape?
7. How did Amanda describe her room in Chapter 34?
8. What were the rules at the Dark House?
9. In Chapter 29, what did Nigel think Amanda should do in case they killed her?
10. What did Amanda's family do after they gave up believing that the Canadian government could get her free?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Amanda became suicidal. What gave Amanda hope so that she decided not to kill herself?
Essay Topic 2
Amanda and Nigel were kidnapped. How were they kidnapped and why were they kidnapped?
Essay Topic 3
Amanda and Nigel planned to escape. What plans did they make and how successful were their plans?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)