|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After gaining her freedom, Amanda started a non-profit organization. What did her organization support?
2. Amanda lost many of her own belongings during this move in Chapter 34, however, she did gain a new item. What did she acquire?
3. In Chapter 32, who punched Amanda several times before she was loaded into the car?
4. Who was a huge support for Amanda's mother during the kidnapping?
5. What did Romeo say about Amanda's appearance in Chapter 39?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who tried to help Amanda in the mosque when she and Nigel tried to escape?
2. What did Amanda's family do after they gave up believing that the Canadian government could get her free?
3. Why didn't Nigel and Amanda remain friends?
4. What did Amanda learn about Abdullah that gave her a small bit of compassion for the boys who were her captors?
5. How was Romeo different from the other boys?
6. In Chapter 29, why did Amanda wonder if the near execution had been staged?
7. In Chapter 24, what did Amanda read?
8. Why wasn't Amanda killed in Chapter 27?
9. In Chapter 30, how did Nigel think that he and Amanda might have been able to escape?
10. Which of their captives did Nigel and Amanda fear the most in Chapter 23?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Amanda and Nigel decided to celebrate Christmas. Why and how did they plan to celebrate Christmas?
Essay Topic 2
Travel brought Amanda both purpose and challenges. How did traveling give Amanda purpose, yet challenged her as well?
Essay Topic 3
As a child Amanda felt that there had to be more to life than what she was experiencing. Why did she feel this way?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)