|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Amanda in Chapter 10?
2. In Chapter 17, who did Ali want out of Somalia?
3. Who was sitting next to Amanda in Chapter 16 when she was in the SUV?
4. What was the main religion in Dhaka?
5. In Chapter 5, what type of music did the guy Kelly became interested in play on his Discman?
Short Essay Questions
1. How were Amanda and Nigel getting along by Chapter 16?
2. In Chapter 11, Amanda decided to freelance. What hardships did Amanda face being a freelance writer?
3. After Amanda received her visa to travel to Afghanistan, why did she begin to have doubts about visiting there?
4. What were Amanda and Nigel given when they were moved to Electric House in Chapter 19?
5. In Chapter 19, what was Amanda's strategy to try to get the kidnappers to let her and Nigel go?
6. Who was Kelly Barker?
7. Amanda went from being a child with very little money to an adult with more money than she had ever seen. How did Amanda get this money? What troubles came with having this much money?
8. What was Nigel's plan at the beginning of Chapter 10?
9. Why did Amanda tell her captors that she wanted to become Muslim?
10. How are Muslim prayers performed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
As a child Amanda felt that there had to be more to life than what she was experiencing. Why did she feel this way?
Essay Topic 2
Amanda and Nigel were kidnapped. How were they kidnapped and why were they kidnapped?
Essay Topic 3
Amanda and Nigel received some new reading material in a care package. Why was it important to get new reading materials and how did it encourage them?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)