|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 19, how far were Amanda and Nigel drive to a new house?
2. In Chapter 8, what year did Amanda go to Afghanistan?
3. In Chapter 16, what did Amanda ask to do so she could delete photos from her camera?
4. In Chapter 5, what did Kelly decide to do at the end of Chapter 5?
5. Why couldn't Amanda get a hotel in Bangladesh in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Amanda's family learn that she had been kidnapped?
2. Amanda went from being a child with very little money to an adult with more money than she had ever seen. How did Amanda get this money? What troubles came with having this much money?
3. How were Amanda and Nigel getting along by Chapter 16?
4. In Chapter 12, Amanda said, "It is an obvious fact that you can never look ahead with clarity at your own future or anyone else's." What did she mean by this?
5. What is the Danakil Depression?
6. When Amanda met staff from National Geographic, what questions did she ask and how did the a photographerr respond?
7. What were Amanda and Nigel given when they were moved to Electric House in Chapter 19?
8. In Chapter 7, what did Amanda do during her two weeks in Calcutta?
9. How did Richard Engel, an NBC reporter, get his start?
10. After Amanda received her visa to travel to Afghanistan, why did she begin to have doubts about visiting there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Amanda and Nigel were put in separate rooms, Amanda devised ways to communicate. What ways did they devise to communicate together when they were never together physically?
Essay Topic 2
Amanda and Nigel were kidnapped. How were they kidnapped and why were they kidnapped?
Essay Topic 3
Amanda and Nigel received some new reading material in a care package. Why was it important to get new reading materials and how did it encourage them?
This section contains 994 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)