|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, who did Amanda stay with in Afghanistan?
2. Where was Kelly Barker from?
3. In Chapter 16, what did Amanda ask to do so she could delete photos from her camera?
4. How old was Jamal, one of the soldier boys?
5. At the end of Chapter 18, what word did Adam use to describe Nigel's sister's state of mind?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 12, Amanda learned that she was being used as a "propaganda machine." What did she mean by this? Why did she think this?
2. Describe Amanda's childhood. How did Amanda view the world even as a small child?
3. When Amanda met staff from National Geographic, what questions did she ask and how did the a photographerr respond?
4. In Chapter 6, why did Amanda have difficulty getting a room in Bangaldesh, and how did she finally get a room?
5. In Chapter 19, what was Amanda's strategy to try to get the kidnappers to let her and Nigel go?
6. Amanda went from being a child with very little money to an adult with more money than she had ever seen. How did Amanda get this money? What troubles came with having this much money?
7. In Chapter 16, what did Amanda see after they passed a checkpoint and the car slowed again?
8. In Chapter 7, what did Amanda do during her two weeks in Calcutta?
9. What did Amanda and Nigel's captors say when they left a voice mail on Amanda's father's phone?
10. How did Amanda's family learn that she had been kidnapped?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 14, Amanda decided she was going to Somalia. Why did she choose to go there and what did she think it might do for her career?
Essay Topic 2
Amanda had a love/hate relationship with her job as a cocktail waitress. Why did she love, yet hate her job?
Essay Topic 3
Amanda and Nigel decided to celebrate Christmas. Why and how did they plan to celebrate Christmas?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)