|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Amanda was kept in darkness in Chapter 34. How did Amanda keep track of the days that passed?
(a) Watched the sun.
(b) Counted rocks.
(c) The summonses of prayer.
(d) Counted meals.
2. In the Epilogue, what caused Amanda to leave a class she was attending at the university and run and lock herself in a bathroom?
(a) She saw Romeo.
(b) She saw Nigel.
(c) Someone's cologne.
(d) The smell of a banana.
3. In Chapter 43 Amanda didn't see Skids for a while. What happened to him?
(a) He was killed.
(b) He went to fight the war.
(c) He got Malaria.
(d) He went home.
4. Who captured Amanda and threw her in the car when she was first recaptured in Chapter 31?
5. In January, Amanda and Nigel began to talk about escaping. What did Nigel consider their best way to escape?
(a) Out their bedroom window.
(b) Through the bathroom window.
(c) Out the back door.
(d) Out the front door.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 43, what did Skids bring Amanda in a plastic bag that he threw into her room?
2. What did Nigel give Amanda for Christmas in Chapter 29?
3. In Chapter 40 on the trip to the new place, who sat between Nigel and Amanda in the hatch of the car?
4. When Amanda spoke to her mother in Chapter 42, what did the conversation seem to be?
5. In Chapter 40, how old was Amanda on her birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was the new Somali president in Chapter 39?
2. In Chapter 43, how did Amanda communicate with Nigel?
3. In Chapter 24, how could Amanda get a wider view of the neighboring yard, and why didn't she attempt to be able to see the yard more often?
4. What injuries did Amanda sustain during the escape attempt?
5. How was Romeo different from the other boys?
6. What did Amanda's family do after they gave up believing that the Canadian government could get her free?
7. What did Amanda learn about Abdullah that gave her a small bit of compassion for the boys who were her captors?
8. In Chapter 30, how did Nigel think that he and Amanda might have been able to escape?
9. How were Amanda and Nigel freed?
10. Why didn't Nigel and Amanda remain friends?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)