|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 40, what country was the new house close to?
(a) South Africa.
(d) The Congo.
2. In Chapter 29, why did Amanda want to communicate with Skids?
(a) To see if the ransom was paid.
(b) To see if she can see Nigel.
(c) To see if she could get medicine.
(d) To see if she could get more food.
3. What did Amanda tell Ahmed in Chapter 43 that her father's favorite color was?
(a) Sky blue.
(b) Hunter green.
4. When Amanda spoke to her mother in Chapter 42, what did the conversation seem to be?
(a) A new plan.
(b) A farewell.
(c) A ray of hope.
(d) A positive notion.
5. In Chapter 32, who punched Amanda several times before she was loaded into the car?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 39, what did Skids give Amanda medicine for?
2. At the end of Chapter 34 as Amanda despaired in the darkness, what did she long to feel for even three seconds?
3. In Chapter 24, Amanda observed the interaction between a mother and her daughter from her window. What was the mother trying to teach the little girl?
4. In Chapter 33 after their escape, Amanda and Nigel were returned to the Escape House. Who didn't usually concern himself with day-to-day activities?
5. What did Amanda do obsessively before she was kidnapped that was considered taboo in the Muslim world?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't Nigel and Amanda remain friends?
2. In Chapter 43, how did Hassam go out of his way to check on Amanda?
3. In Chapter 29, why did Amanda wonder if the near execution had been staged?
4. Who tried to help Amanda in the mosque when she and Nigel tried to escape?
5. In Chapter 29, what did Nigel think Amanda should do in case they killed her?
6. What did Nigel tell Amanda she should do as they were interrogated after the escape?
7. In Chapter 24, how could Amanda get a wider view of the neighboring yard, and why didn't she attempt to be able to see the yard more often?
8. In Chapter 23 after Nigel was moved to another room, how did Amanda try to communicate with him?
9. What did Amanda learn about Abdullah that gave her a small bit of compassion for the boys who were her captors?
10. Who was the new Somali president in Chapter 39?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)