|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As they were escaping in Chapter 31, who did Amanda want to find?
(a) An Imam.
(b) A woman.
(c) The police.
(d) An American.
2. In Chapter 26, what did Amanda plan to do when she was released?
(a) Continue to travel the Middle East.
(b) Spend time in Canada.
(c) Have babies.
(d) Get married.
3. The nights she was taken into the desert in Chapter 27, what did Amanda initially fear was happening?
(a) She was going to be killed.
(b) She was going to be abandoned.
(c) She was going home.
(d) She was being sold.
4. They handed Amanda the phone in Chapter 37. Who was on the phone?
(a) The Canadian Embassy.
(b) The Canadian president.
(c) The Somali Embassy.
(d) Her mother.
5. In Chapter 26, one day Donald Trump arrived with a package. What was in the package?
(b) Supplies from home.
(c) Her belongings from the hotel.
(d) New books.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 42 after the call with her mother, what was the calmest thought Amanda had had in a long time?
2. Even though Amanda was treated for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder after her release, what did she sometimes feel?
3. After Amanda and Nigel were split up in Chapter 23, how did they communicate?
4. Th night the soldiers took Amanda into the desert to kill her in Chapter 27, who said he had saved her from death?
5. In Chapter 43, when Ahmed noticed that Amanda's feet were swollen and scabbed from mosquito bites, that did he order the boys to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Amanda's family do after they gave up believing that the Canadian government could get her free?
2. What did Nigel tell Amanda she should do as they were interrogated after the escape?
3. After Amanda was raped by Abdullah, what did she begin doing?
4. In Chapter 29, what did Nigel think Amanda should do in case they killed her?
5. In Chapter 23 after Nigel was moved to another room, how did Amanda try to communicate with him?
6. What role did Kelly Barker play on the crisis management team when Amanda was in captivity?
7. In Chapter 38, what did Amanda find in her new room?
8. In Chapter 29, why did Amanda wonder if the near execution had been staged?
9. How did Amanda describe her room in Chapter 34?
10. Which of their captives did Nigel and Amanda fear the most in Chapter 23?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)