|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Amanda write a weekly column for in Chapter 15?
(a) Red Deer Advocate.
(b) National Geographic.
(c) Time Magazine
(d) The Iran Gazette.
2. Who provided Amanda with a replacement Kevlar vest in Chapter 11?
(b) ABC News.
(c) Global News.
3. During the first night of captivity, what emotions did Amanda feel?
(a) Rage and frustration.
(b) Fear and frustration.
(c) Panic and faith.
(d) Anger and depression.
4. In Chapter 11, with what magazine did Amanda get an assignment to get photos of Canadian troops?
(a) Combat and Survival.
(b) Military Times.
(c) On Patrol.
(d) Modern Combat and Survival.
5. In Chapter 20, what did Ali bring Amanda and Nigel?
(a) Two Bibles.
(b) Meat pies.
(c) Fresh fruit.
(d) Two Korans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before the jihad, what had Ahmed and Adam worked as?
2. In Chapter 17, who did Ali blame for the jihad?
3. In Chapter 17 Ahmed returned with more people. After watching the interactions amongs the men, Amanda was able to identify the commander. Who did she think the commander was?
4. In Chapter 8, what year did Amanda go to Afghanistan?
5. In Chapter 5, what type of music did the guy Kelly became interested in play on his Discman?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Kelly Barker?
2. When Amanda met staff from National Geographic, what questions did she ask and how did the a photographerr respond?
3. In Chapter 12, Amanda said, "It is an obvious fact that you can never look ahead with clarity at your own future or anyone else's." What did she mean by this?
4. What was Nigel's plan at the beginning of Chapter 10?
5. What did Amanda and Nigel's captors say when they left a voice mail on Amanda's father's phone?
6. How did Amanda's family learn that she had been kidnapped?
7. In Chapter 15, what did Amanda say that she wrote weekly?
8. How were Amanda and Nigel getting along by Chapter 16?
9. After Amanda received her visa to travel to Afghanistan, why did she begin to have doubts about visiting there?
10. How did Richard Engel, an NBC reporter, get his start?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)