|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, where did Kelly and Amanda decide to travel together to begin with?
(a) Costa Rica.
(c) Dominican Republic.
(d) Puerto Rico.
2. In Chapter 16, what was the name of the man who seemed to be in charge of Amanda's kidnappers?
3. In Chapter 16, what did Amanda ask to do so she could delete photos from her camera?
(a) Get cream from her purse.
(b) Get insect repellent.
(c) Tie her shoe.
(d) Get something from her backpack.
4. In Chapter 16, what did Amanda need to do to get back home?
(a) Find a new home.
(b) Renew her passport.
(c) Sell stories.
(d) Get a job.
5. Why did Amanda ask Nigel to go to Somalia with her?
(a) For companionship.
(b) She needed an escort.
(c) To share expenses.
(d) For his expertise.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 20, what percent Muslim did Ali say that Amanda was because she had read the Bible and prayed many times?
2. In Chapter 10, where did Amanda go after leaving Ethiopia?
3. Before Amanda went out on assignment with the troops in Chapter 11, how long did she tell Nigel she would be without communication?
4. In Chapter 17, who did Ali blame for the jihad?
5. Where was Amanda's mother living in Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 4, Amanda and Jamie had to learn some lessons quickly as they traveled. What lessons did they learn?
2. What was Nigel's plan at the beginning of Chapter 10?
3. In Chapter 15, what did Amanda say that she wrote weekly?
4. In Chapter 5, why did Jamie and Amanda have to cut short their South American tour?
5. How were Amanda and Nigel getting along by Chapter 16?
6. In Chapter 12, Amanda learned that she was being used as a "propaganda machine." What did she mean by this? Why did she think this?
7. How are Muslim prayers performed?
8. Explain the relationship between Russell and Amanda's family. How did Amanda's mother meet Russell?
9. When Amanda met staff from National Geographic, what questions did she ask and how did the a photographerr respond?
10. Describe Amanda's childhood. How did Amanda view the world even as a small child?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)