|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what type of music did the guy Kelly became interested in play on his Discman?
(a) Bob Marley.
(b) Moody Blues.
(d) Rolling Stones.
2. In Chapter 10, where did Amanda go after leaving Ethiopia?
3. In Chapter 2, how long had Jamie and Amanda been dating?
(a) 11 months.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 8 months.
(d) 3 months.
4. Who was sitting next to Amanda in Chapter 16 when she was in the SUV?
5. Why did Amanda ask Nigel to go to Somalia with her?
(a) For his expertise.
(b) She needed an escort.
(c) For companionship.
(d) To share expenses.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what event cut Amanda's first real trip short?
2. Why couldn't Amanda get a hotel in Bangladesh in Chapter 6?
3. In Chapter 5, what did Kelly decide to do at the end of Chapter 5?
4. As a kid, what did Amanda and her brother do for fun?
5. In Chapter 10, where did Amanda meet Nigel?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 15, what did Amanda say that she wrote weekly?
2. Describe Amanda's childhood. How did Amanda view the world even as a small child?
3. In Chapter 6, why did Amanda have difficulty getting a room in Bangaldesh, and how did she finally get a room?
4. Why did Amanda tell her captors that she wanted to become Muslim?
5. After Amanda received her visa to travel to Afghanistan, why did she begin to have doubts about visiting there?
6. In Somali, what did Amanda wear every day when she left the hotel?
7. When Amanda met staff from National Geographic, what questions did she ask and how did the a photographerr respond?
8. How had Somalia changed over time to be the war-ridden country Amanda visited?
9. Who was Kelly Barker?
10. How were Amanda and Nigel getting along by Chapter 16?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)