|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 42, how much money did Amanda's mother say they had raised for the ransom?
(d) $1 Million.
2. In Chapter 26, one day Donald Trump arrived with a package. What was in the package?
(a) New books.
(c) Supplies from home.
(d) Her belongings from the hotel.
3. In Chapter 40, how old was Amanda on her birthday?
4. In the Epilogue, what caused Amanda to leave a class she was attending at the university and run and lock herself in a bathroom?
(a) The smell of a banana.
(b) She saw Romeo.
(c) She saw Nigel.
(d) Someone's cologne.
5. One day Abdullah entered her room. What happened that day in Chapter 24?
(a) He brought her more books.
(b) He raped her.
(c) He asked her to teach him English
(d) He apologized.
6. The holiday Eid came twice a year, and at that time Amanda and Nigel received toffees. What did they decide to do with the toffees in Chapter 29?
(a) Save them for Christmas.
(b) Save them for when they need cheering up.
(c) Throw them away.
(d) Eat them immediately.
7. In Chapter 41, why was Romeo in high spirits and asking Amanda even more questions than usual?
(a) His tuition money arrived.
(b) His visa was approved.
(c) He was getting married.
(d) He got a scholarship.
8. In Chapter 40, what country was the new house close to?
(c) The Congo.
(d) South Africa.
9. In Chapter 40, what big news did Romeo announce to Amanda?
(a) He was accepted into New York City University.
(b) He was getting married.
(c) He got a new job.
(d) His wife was having a baby.
10. In Chapter 33 in what room were Amanda and her captors when they found "documents" in the pocket of her jeans?
(a) The Master Bedroom.
(b) The Living Room.
(c) The Prayer Room.
(d) The Dining Room.
11. As they were escaping in Chapter 31, who did Amanda want to find?
(a) An American.
(b) A woman.
(c) An Imam.
(d) The police.
12. In Chapter 27, how long did Amanda's mother have to get the $1 million?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 7 days.
13. In Chapter 43, when Ahmed noticed that Amanda's feet were swollen and scabbed from mosquito bites, that did he order the boys to do?
(a) Allow Amanda to shower.
(b) Hang her mosquito net.
(d) Allow Amanda to wash her clothes.
14. As they drove through the streets of Somalia toward the desert, in Chapter 27 what did Amanda see?
(a) Stray dogs.
(b) Starving people.
15. In Chapter 40 on the trip to the new place, who sat between Nigel and Amanda in the hatch of the car?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 26, what did Amanda plan to do when she was released?
2. In Chapter 42 after the call with her mother, what was the calmest thought Amanda had had in a long time?
3. In Chapter 38, Amanda spotted an envelope under the carpet as she made the bed in her new location. What was in the envelope?
4. Th night the soldiers took Amanda into the desert to kill her in Chapter 27, who said he had saved her from death?
5. By the end of Chapter 26, how long have Amanda and Nigel been held captive?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)