|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 32, who punched Amanda several times before she was loaded into the car?
2. After gaining her freedom, Amanda started a non-profit organization. What did her organization support?
(a) Education in Somalia.
(b) Abused women.
(c) Education in Canada.
(d) Women's rights in Somalia.
3. In Chapter 25, Amanda was desperate to pass time and make peace with herself. What did she start to do that gave her purpose?
(b) Teaching the soldiers.
4. What was the name of the new house in Chapter 38?
(a) House in the Sky.
(b) The White House.
(c) The Positive House.
(d) Paradise House.
5. After being released, when did Amanda go to Eastleight, Kenya, to help create a school for Somali women living as refugees there?
6. Th night the soldiers took Amanda into the desert to kill her in Chapter 27, who said he had saved her from death?
7. In Chapter 35, what did gift did Yusuf give Amanda?
(a) A papaya.
(c) A book.
(d) A Koran.
8. As they were escaping in Chapter 31, who did Amanda want to find?
(a) An American.
(b) The police.
(c) A woman.
(d) An Imam.
9. In Chapter 38, Amanda spotted an envelope under the carpet as she made the bed in her new location. What was in the envelope?
(b) A letter.
(c) A list.
(d) A picture.
10. In Chapter 29, why did Amanda want to communicate with Skids?
(a) To see if the ransom was paid.
(b) To see if she could get more food.
(c) To see if she can see Nigel.
(d) To see if she could get medicine.
11. Which of the captors was the communicator to Nigel and Amanda's families in Chapter 26?
12. In Chapter 40, what big news did Romeo announce to Amanda?
(a) His wife was having a baby.
(b) He got a new job.
(c) He was accepted into New York City University.
(d) He was getting married.
13. In Chapter 30, Amanda noticed the sandals outside the door of the Somali captives were missing. What did Abdullah reply when she asked about their whereabouts?
(a) They were killed.
(b) They committed suicide.
(c) They were freed.
(d) They ran away.
14. In Chapter 40, what country was the new house close to?
(a) The Congo.
(b) South Africa.
15. In Chapter 40, how old was Amanda on her birthday?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 34 during the ride to a new house, what could Amanda hear rattling at the feet of the boys jammed in the hatchback?
2. In Chapter 43, how long did Romeo say that Al-Shabaab could keep Amanda and Nigel alive, if necessary, in order to get the ransom?
3. At the end of Chapter 35, how did Amanda stave off despair?
4. After being threatened with death in Chapter 27, Amanda was given a chance to talk to her mother. Where did her mother say they were going to get the money for Amanda's release?
5. In Chapter 23, what was the one thing that gave Amanda joy?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)