|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Amanda do to pass the time in Chapter 24?
2. What did the boys call the kidnapping in Chapter 30?
(a) The Program.
(b) The Mission.
(d) The Walk to Paradise.
3. In Chapter 31, who took Amanda and Nigel to the mosque to help rescue them?
(a) A small boy.
(b) The neighbor.
(c) The police.
(d) A random woman on the street.
4. Th night the soldiers took Amanda into the desert to kill her in Chapter 27, who said he had saved her from death?
5. In January, Amanda and Nigel began to talk about escaping. What did Nigel consider their best way to escape?
(a) Out their bedroom window.
(b) Out the back door.
(c) Out the front door.
(d) Through the bathroom window.
6. At the end of Chapter 42, what did Amanda see in a pale square of daylight on the floor of her room?
(a) One of the boys.
(b) A cat.
(c) A bird.
(d) A shadow.
7. In Chapter 25, Amanda was desperate to pass time and make peace with herself. What did she start to do that gave her purpose?
(b) Teaching the soldiers.
8. In Chapter 40, Amanda felt a difference in the air as they neared their new destination. What did she know was close by?
(a) Atlantic Ocean.
(b) Indian Ocean.
(c) Nile River.
(d) Red Sea.
9. In Chapter 42, how much money did Amanda's mother say they had raised for the ransom?
(b) $1 Million.
10. By the end of Chapter 26, how long have Amanda and Nigel been held captive?
(a) 100 days.
(b) 50 days.
(c) 150 days.
(d) 75 days.
11. The nights she was taken into the desert in Chapter 27, what did Amanda initially fear was happening?
(a) She was going to be killed.
(b) She was being sold.
(c) She was going to be abandoned.
(d) She was going home.
12. In Chapter 32 after the interrogation when Amanda and Nigel were returned after their escape, Hassam entered the room with a bag. What was in the bag?
(b) Dresses and a notebook.
(c) Medicine and soap.
(d) Chains and shackles.
13. After the escape, what were the captors obsessed about?
(a) Learning English.
14. In the new house in Chapter 34, Amanda heard a new sound. What did she hear?
(b) A female's cough.
(c) Children playing.
(d) Running water.
15. In Chapter 31, when Nigel and Amanda were caught at the mosque, who grabbed Amanda as she tried to escape and held on to her until she was ripped away?
(a) A young boy.
(b) The neighbor.
(c) A woman.
(d) The Imam.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the security team that Amanda's and Nigel's families hired and that eventually got them freed?
2. In Chapter 32, who punched Amanda several times before she was loaded into the car?
3. In Chapter 40, what country was the new house close to?
4. What was Somalia not short of?
5. Amanda was kept in darkness in Chapter 34. How did Amanda keep track of the days that passed?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)