|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 31, when Nigel and Amanda were caught at the mosque, who grabbed Amanda as she tried to escape and held on to her until she was ripped away?
(a) A woman.
(b) The neighbor.
(c) The Imam.
(d) A young boy.
2. In Chapter 40, Amanda felt a difference in the air as they neared their new destination. What did she know was close by?
(a) Indian Ocean.
(b) Atlantic Ocean.
(c) Nile River.
(d) Red Sea.
3. What did the Somali word "maya" mean?
4. In the Epilogue, what caused Amanda to leave a class she was attending at the university and run and lock herself in a bathroom?
(a) She saw Romeo.
(b) The smell of a banana.
(c) She saw Nigel.
(d) Someone's cologne.
5. Th night the soldiers took Amanda into the desert to kill her in Chapter 27, who said he had saved her from death?
6. In Chapter 34 what did Amanda name this house?
(a) The Dark House.
(b) The Beach House.
(c) The Escape House.
(d) The Tacky House.
7. Amanda lost many of her own belongings during this move in Chapter 34, however, she did gain a new item. What did she acquire?
(a) A new book.
(b) Nigel's shirt.
(c) A new dress.
(d) A notebook.
8. In Chapter 27, how long did Amanda's mother have to get the $1 million?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 7 days.
(d) 2 months.
9. They handed Amanda the phone in Chapter 37. Who was on the phone?
(a) The Canadian president.
(b) Her mother.
(c) The Canadian Embassy.
(d) The Somali Embassy.
10. In Chapter 29, why did Amanda want to communicate with Skids?
(a) To see if the ransom was paid.
(b) To see if she could get more food.
(c) To see if she could get medicine.
(d) To see if she can see Nigel.
11. In Chapter 33 after their escape, Amanda and Nigel were returned to the Escape House. Who didn't usually concern himself with day-to-day activities?
12. In Chapter 25, Amanda heard something in the early morning. What was it that she heard?
13. In Chapter 30, Amanda noticed the sandals outside the door of the Somali captives were missing. What did Abdullah reply when she asked about their whereabouts?
(a) They were killed.
(b) They committed suicide.
(c) They were freed.
(d) They ran away.
14. In Chapter 25, who did Amanda hate more than anyone?
15. In Chapter 27 when the night soldiers took Amanda to the desert, how did they respond to her questions?
(a) They threw her out of the car.
(b) They ignored her.
(c) They yelled at her.
(d) They punched her.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 32 after the interrogation when Amanda and Nigel were returned after their escape, Hassam entered the room with a bag. What was in the bag?
2. What did Amanda do obsessively before she was kidnapped that was considered taboo in the Muslim world?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 32, which one of the captors did Amanda ask for help?
4. At he beginning of Chapter 39, what change made the boys happy?
5. Who captured Amanda and threw her in the car when she was first recaptured in Chapter 31?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)