|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The nights she was taken into the desert in Chapter 27, what did Amanda initially fear was happening?
(a) She was going to be killed.
(b) She was going to be abandoned.
(c) She was being sold.
(d) She was going home.
2. In Chapter 31, when Nigel and Amanda were caught at the mosque, who grabbed Amanda as she tried to escape and held on to her until she was ripped away?
(a) The Imam.
(b) A woman.
(c) The neighbor.
(d) A young boy.
3. At the end of Chapter 42, what did Amanda see in a pale square of daylight on the floor of her room?
(a) A cat.
(b) One of the boys.
(c) A bird.
(d) A shadow.
4. In Chapter 42 after the call with her mother, what was the calmest thought Amanda had had in a long time?
(a) She was going to be free.
(b) The end was near.
(c) Memories of her childhood.
(d) I t would be better to die.
5. In Chapter 40, what was Amanda given as a reward for fasting?
(a) Decent food.
(c) New clothes.
(d) A break from the visits from the boys.
6. What did Amanda do obsessively before she was kidnapped that was considered taboo in the Muslim world?
(a) Wear jeans.
(b) Tweeze her eyebrows.
(c) Paint her nails.
(d) Dye her hair.
7. Which of the captors was the communicator to Nigel and Amanda's families in Chapter 26?
8. In Chapter 31, who took Amanda and Nigel to the mosque to help rescue them?
(a) A random woman on the street.
(b) The neighbor.
(c) The police.
(d) A small boy.
9. In Chapter 29, why did Amanda want to communicate with Skids?
(a) To see if she can see Nigel.
(b) To see if the ransom was paid.
(c) To see if she could get medicine.
(d) To see if she could get more food.
10. In Chapter 40, Kismayo was whose stronghold?
(a) Siad Barre.
(b) Barre Hiiraale..
(d) Farrah Aidid.
11. At the beginning of Chapter 43, what did Skids bring Amanda in a plastic bag that he threw into her room?
(b) Two new dresses.
12. In Chapter 35, what did gift did Yusuf give Amanda?
(a) A papaya.
(b) A book.
(d) A Koran.
13. In Chapter 35, Amanda was trapped in a dark room. The only thing she could depend on were her other senses. What did Amanda feel every time she heard footsteps?
14. When Amanda spoke to her mother in Chapter 42, what did the conversation seem to be?
(a) A farewell.
(b) A ray of hope.
(c) A new plan.
(d) A positive notion.
15. After being threatened with death in Chapter 27, Amanda was given a chance to talk to her mother. Where did her mother say they were going to get the money for Amanda's release?
(a) A famous actress.
(b) The government.
(c) The American government.
(d) The bank.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Somalia not short of?
2. In Chapter 39, what did Skids give Amanda medicine for?
3. Who captured Amanda and threw her in the car when she was first recaptured in Chapter 31?
4. Amanda had a lot of time to think about her life. What was one of her regrets in Chapter 24?
5. As they were escaping in Chapter 31, who did Amanda want to find?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)