|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Amanda move away with when she was 19?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her boyfriend.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her brothers.
2. Where did Amanda move when she was 19?
(a) Red Deer.
(b) Sylvan Lake.
(c) Sunchild First National Reserve.
3. What did Amanda buy with the extra money she earned as a kid?
(c) National Geographic magazines.
4. In Chapter 18, about how many foot soldiers were there?
5. How old was the boy soldier, Ismael?
6. At the end of Chapter 18, what word did Adam use to describe Nigel's sister's state of mind?
7. Around the world, what is usually the motivation for kidnappings?
(a) Political reasons.
(d) Suspected espionage.
8. In Chapter 19, what were two items that Nigel and Amanda received from Adam?
(a) Bandages and antiseptic cream.
(b) Head & Shoulders shampoo and Crest toothpaste.
(c) Bug spray and sunscreen.
(d) Dove shampoo and Colgate toothpaste.
9. In Chapter 10, what year did Nigel persuade Amanda to come to Australia?
10. In Chapter 7, what restaurants were near Amanda's hotel in Lahore?
(a) Burger King and Wendy's.
(b) McDonald's and Hardee's.
(c) Olive Garden and Red Lobster.
(d) Dunkin' Donuts and KFC.
11. In Chapter 20, what percent Muslim did Ali say that Amanda was because she had read the Bible and prayed many times?
12. Who alerted Amanda's family that she had been kidnapped?
(d) Vancouver radio producer.
13. In Chapter 8, how did Amanda describe the overall smell of Kabul?
(a) Street vendors baking.
(b) Spices and chemicals.
(c) Kerosene, wood smoke, and melting plastic.
(d) Garbage and sewer.
14. Sixteen months after the events at the beginning of Chapter 12, how many days did Mellissa Fung spend as a hostage?
(a) 35 days.
(b) 15 days.
(c) 28 days.
(d) 51 days.
15. In Chapter 8, how long was Amanda in Afghanistan when Clementina Cantoni was set free?
(a) 6 days.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 4 days.
(d) 3 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Amanda get extra spending money while she was living in Sylvan Lake?
2. What expensive item did Amanda buy in Chapter 10?
3. What was the main religion in Dhaka?
4. In Chapter 19, what did Amanda's mother say the ransom was?
5. In Chapter 17 Ahmed returned with more people. After watching the interactions amongs the men, Amanda was able to identify the commander. Who did she think the commander was?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)