|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 18, what word did Adam use to describe Nigel's sister's state of mind?
2. In Chapter 8, what words did Amanda use to describe Kabul?
(a) Beautiful and wrecked.
(b) Fresh and clean.
(c) Old-fashioned and backward.
(d) Dirty and smelly.
3. In Chapter 15, who did Amanda meet at her hotel in Mogadishu?
(a) The editor of People Magazine
(d) National Geographic staff
4. As they drove out of Mogadishu in Chapter 16, Amanda was deep in thought. What was she having happy thoughts about?
(b) Her next destination.
(c) Marrying Nigel.
(d) Becoming a professional journalist.
5. In Chapter 5, where did Kelly and Amanda decide to travel together to begin with?
(a) Costa Rica.
(b) Puerto Rico.
(c) Dominican Republic.
6. In Chapter 11, what is the temperature when Amanda's plane touches down in Kandahar in June?
(a) 105 degrees.
(b) 110 degrees.
(c) 121 degrees.
(d) 115 degrees.
7. In Chapter 19, what did Amanda's mother say the ransom was?
(a) 3 million.
(b) 1.5 million.
(c) 1 million.
(d) 2 million.
8. How old was Amanda in Chapter 10?
9. In Chapter 11, how many days did Amanda spend in the field with Canadian soldiers?
10. In Chapter 8, what month was it when Amanda arrived in Kabul?
11. Who provided Amanda with a replacement Kevlar vest in Chapter 11?
(c) ABC News.
(d) Global News.
12. In Chapter 16, what did Amanda ask to do so she could delete photos from her camera?
(a) Get cream from her purse.
(b) Get insect repellent.
(c) Get something from her backpack.
(d) Tie her shoe.
13. How old was Jamal, one of the soldier boys?
14. Surprisingly, what was the lifeline for people in Somalia in Chapter 15?
(a) A telephone.
(b) The cell phone.
(c) The pager.
15. Amanda and Nigel's initial plan was to go minesweeping with the Ugandan soldiers. Why did they decide against this in Chapter 16?
(a) They didn't have security.
(b) The soldiers canceled this mission.
(c) Mortars were landing by the airport.
(d) Nigel got sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what event cut Amanda's first real trip short?
2. In Chapter 20, what percent Muslim did Ali say that Amanda was because she had read the Bible and prayed many times?
3. In Chapter 17, who did Ali want out of Somalia?
4. In Chapter 10, what was Kelly Barker's occupation?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 11, where did Amanda travel?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)