|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was the boy soldier, Ismael?
2. In Chapter 11, how many days did Amanda spend in the field with Canadian soldiers?
3. Upon leaving city boundaries in Chapter 16, Nigel and Amanda needed new security. How much was this going to cost them?
4. In Chapter 7, where did Amanda plan to go when her mother asked her to reconsider going?
5. After Amanda's parents divorced, what town did Amanda move to?
(a) Sunchild First National Reserve.
(b) Sylvan Lake.
(d) Red Deer.
6. After Amanda's caravan was hijacked in Chapter 16, why did Amanda start to panic?
(a) They were being taken off the grid.
(b) They hit her.
(c) They were deleting things on her camera.
(d) They were hurting Nigel.
7. In Chapter 20, what did Ali bring Amanda and Nigel?
(a) Two Bibles.
(b) Meat pies.
(c) Two Korans.
(d) Fresh fruit.
8. In Chapter 5, what did Kelly decide to do at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Go scuba diving.
(b) Visit Chile.
(c) Cut her hair.
(d) Visit Mayan ruins.
9. In Chapter 10, what year did Nigel persuade Amanda to come to Australia?
10. Surprisingly, what was the lifeline for people in Somalia in Chapter 15?
(a) A telephone.
(b) The cell phone.
(c) The pager.
11. In Chapter 17, who did Ali want out of Somalia?
(d) The Ethiopians.
12. Amanda and Nigel's initial plan was to go minesweeping with the Ugandan soldiers. Why did they decide against this in Chapter 16?
(a) They didn't have security.
(b) The soldiers canceled this mission.
(c) Nigel got sick.
(d) Mortars were landing by the airport.
13. In Chapter 7, what restaurants were near Amanda's hotel in Lahore?
(a) Dunkin' Donuts and KFC.
(b) Olive Garden and Red Lobster.
(c) Burger King and Wendy's.
(d) McDonald's and Hardee's.
14. How were Amanda and Nigel treated after they converted to Muslim?
(b) Like heroes.
(c) Like slaves.
15. How old was Jamal, one of the soldier boys?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Amanda get extra spending money while she was living in Sylvan Lake?
2. Why did Amanda ask Nigel to go to Somalia with her?
3. Who alerted Amanda's family that she had been kidnapped?
4. Ahmed didn't call Amanda by her name in Chapter 16. What did he call her?
5. In Chapter 11, what is the temperature when Amanda's plane touches down in Kandahar in June?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)