|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 17, who did Ali want out of Somalia?
(d) The Ethiopians.
2. In Chapter 5, what was the name of a guy that Kelly began to care for romantically?
3. As Amanda and Nigel left their compound in Chapter 16, she glanced at Nigel and cringed at his wardrobe. Why did she disapprove of his appearance?
(a) It was not practical.
(b) It was too bright.
(c) It made him stand out.
(d) It showed inexperience.
4. Who did Amanda move away with when she was 19?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her boyfriend.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her brothers.
5. What was the name of Nigel's wife?
6. In Chapter 18, about how many foot soldiers were there?
7. In Chapter 16, what was the name of the man who seemed to be in charge of Amanda's kidnappers?
8. How old was Amanda in Chapter 10?
9. At the beginning of Chapter 11, where did Amanda travel?
10. In Chapter 7, what type of transportation did Amanda and Jonathan take?
(a) Ox cart.
(c) Jingle truck.
11. In Chapter 5, what type of music did the guy Kelly became interested in play on his Discman?
(a) Bob Marley.
(b) Moody Blues.
(c) Rolling Stones.
12. Ahmed didn't call Amanda by her name in Chapter 16. What did he call her?
(a) My lady.
(b) My sister.
13. In the Prologue, who was holding Amanda and Nigel captive?
(a) A foreign government.
(b) Relatives of Nigel.
(c) Bank Robbers.
(d) A group of boys.
14. After being converted to the Muslimreligion in Chapter 20, what did Amanda and Nigel need to learn to do?
(b) Forgive others.
(c) Read Arabic.
(d) Bless others.
15. Amanda and Nigel's initial plan was to go minesweeping with the Ugandan soldiers. Why did they decide against this in Chapter 16?
(a) They didn't have security.
(b) Mortars were landing by the airport.
(c) Nigel got sick.
(d) The soldiers canceled this mission.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, where did Amanda meet Nigel?
2. How old was Jamal, one of the soldier boys?
3. As a kid, what did Amanda and her brother do for fun?
4. In Chapter 8, who did Amanda stay with in Afghanistan?
5. Where did Amanda get extra spending money while she was living in Sylvan Lake?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)