|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, how many days did Amanda spend in the field with Canadian soldiers?
2. Before the jihad, what had Ahmed and Adam worked as?
3. At the end of Chapter 18, what word did Adam use to describe Nigel's sister's state of mind?
4. In Chapter 17 Ahmed returned with more people. After watching the interactions amongs the men, Amanda was able to identify the commander. Who did she think the commander was?
5. What did Amanda do in Chapter 6 when a rickshaw driver tried to take her into the country?
(a) Sprayed pepper spray.
(b) Hit him with a walking stick.
(c) Slapped him.
(d) Punched him in the head.
6. Amanda and Nigel's initial plan was to go minesweeping with the Ugandan soldiers. Why did they decide against this in Chapter 16?
(a) Mortars were landing by the airport.
(b) They didn't have security.
(c) The soldiers canceled this mission.
(d) Nigel got sick.
7. In Chapter 19, what did Amanda's mother say the ransom was?
(a) 2 million.
(b) 1 million.
(c) 1.5 million.
(d) 3 million.
8. In Chapter 10, where did Amanda go after leaving Ethiopia?
9. In Chapter 5, what was the name of a guy that Kelly began to care for romantically?
10. In Chapter 11, what was the subject of the first photo Amanda sold?
(a) A wizened grandmother.
(b) Men herding camels.
(c) Children in the desert.
(d) Woman nursing a baby.
11. In the Prologue, who was holding Amanda and Nigel captive?
(a) A foreign government.
(b) Relatives of Nigel.
(c) Bank Robbers.
(d) A group of boys.
12. In Chapter 17, who did Ali blame for the jihad?
(b) Only Americans.
(c) The Jews.
(d) The Western World.
13. Where did Amanda meet Nigel?
14. How old was Amanda in Chapter 10?
15. In Chapter 17, whose phone number did Amanda provide the kidnappers?
(a) Her mother's.
(b) One of her brother's.
(c) Her grandmother's.
(d) Her father's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ahmed didn't call Amanda by her name in Chapter 16. What did he call her?
2. In Chapter 17, who did Ali want out of Somalia?
3. In Chapter 16, what did Amanda need to do to get back home?
4. How old was Jamal, one of the soldier boys?
5. How old was the boy soldier, Ismael?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)