|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what event cut Amanda's first real trip short?
(a) Her grandparents got sick.
(b) She got sick.
(c) Jamie broke his leg.
(d) She ran out of money.
2. In Chapter 10, where did Amanda meet Nigel?
3. Before Amanda went out on assignment with the troops in Chapter 11, how long did she tell Nigel she would be without communication?
(a) 20 days.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 15 days.
(d) 10 days.
4. During the first night of captivity, what emotions did Amanda feel?
(a) Panic and faith.
(b) Fear and frustration.
(c) Rage and frustration.
(d) Anger and depression.
5. Surprisingly, what was the lifeline for people in Somalia in Chapter 15?
(a) The cell phone.
(b) The pager.
(d) A telephone.
6. What type of head gear did Amanda wear in Bangladesh in Chapter 6?
(a) Baseball cap.
(b) Sheer black head scarf.
(c) Safari hat.
(d) Straw hat.
7. As a kid, what did Amanda and her brother do for fun?
(a) Played tag.
(b) Broke into houses.
(c) Dug in dumpsters.
(d) Played baseball.
8. In Chapter 19, what were two items that Nigel and Amanda received from Adam?
(a) Head & Shoulders shampoo and Crest toothpaste.
(b) Dove shampoo and Colgate toothpaste.
(c) Bandages and antiseptic cream.
(d) Bug spray and sunscreen.
9. In Chapter 3, to what part of the world did Amanda decide to travel to for her first trip?
(b) South America.
(c) New York City.
10. As they drove out of Mogadishu in Chapter 16, Amanda was deep in thought. What was she having happy thoughts about?
(a) Marrying Nigel.
(b) Becoming a professional journalist.
(d) Her next destination.
11. In Chapter 11, how many days did Amanda spend in the field with Canadian soldiers?
12. In the Prologue, who was holding Amanda and Nigel captive?
(a) Bank Robbers.
(b) Relatives of Nigel.
(c) A group of boys.
(d) A foreign government.
13. As Amanda and Nigel left their compound in Chapter 16, she glanced at Nigel and cringed at his wardrobe. Why did she disapprove of his appearance?
(a) It made him stand out.
(b) It showed inexperience.
(c) It was too bright.
(d) It was not practical.
14. In Chapter 16, what was the name of the man who seemed to be in charge of Amanda's kidnappers?
15. In Chapter 2, Amanda started to make some real money in Calgary. What did she feel guilty about not wanting to do with her money?
(a) Giving it to her family.
(b) Buying a home.
(c) Becoming a student.
(d) Traveling the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was an Italian woman who disappeared in Kabul in Chapter 8?
2. Who was sitting next to Amanda in Chapter 16 when she was in the SUV?
3. After Amanda's parents divorced, what town did Amanda move to?
4. In Chapter 2, how long had Jamie and Amanda been dating?
5. What tribe did Amanda persuade Amanuddin to take her to visit in Chapter 11?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)