|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 42 - Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 24, Amanda observed the interaction between a mother and her daughter from her window. What was the mother trying to teach the little girl?
(b) To follow rules.
(c) To converse.
(d) To pray.
2. In Chapter 8, who did Amanda stay with in Afghanistan?
(a) The family of Amanuddin, a man she met traveling.
(b) Americans she met.
(c) Other travelers in a camp.
(d) The Red Cross.
3. In Chapter 40, how old was Amanda on her birthday?
4. At the end of Chapter 42, what did Amanda see in a pale square of daylight on the floor of her room?
(a) A bird.
(b) One of the boys.
(c) A cat.
(d) A shadow.
5. In Chapter 25 as Amanda sat in her room and contemplated suicide after the rape, what did she look for?
(a) A positive thought.
(b) Something to eat.
(c) A way to escape.
(d) A way to kill herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Amanda had a lot of time to think about her life. What was one of her regrets in Chapter 24?
2. Even though Amanda was treated for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder after her release, what did she sometimes feel?
3. In Chapter 19, what did Amanda's mother say the ransom was?
4. What was the main religion in Dhaka?
5. In the Prologue, who was holding Amanda and Nigel captive?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)