|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 27 - 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 17, whose phone number did Amanda provide the kidnappers?
(a) Her grandmother's.
(b) Her mother's.
(c) Her father's.
(d) One of her brother's.
2. Ahmed didn't call Amanda by her name in Chapter 16. What did he call her?
(a) My sister.
(d) My lady.
3. Amanda and Nigel's initial plan was to go minesweeping with the Ugandan soldiers. Why did they decide against this in Chapter 16?
(a) They didn't have security.
(b) Mortars were landing by the airport.
(c) The soldiers canceled this mission.
(d) Nigel got sick.
4. In Chapter 20, what percent Muslim did Ali say that Amanda was because she had read the Bible and prayed many times?
5. In Chapter 2, Amanda started to make some real money in Calgary. What did she feel guilty about not wanting to do with her money?
(a) Buying a home.
(b) Traveling the world.
(c) Giving it to her family.
(d) Becoming a student.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Amanda and Nigel left their compound in Chapter 16, she glanced at Nigel and cringed at his wardrobe. Why did she disapprove of his appearance?
2. In Chapter 8, what words did Amanda use to describe Kabul?
3. In Chapter 19, what did Amanda's mother say the ransom was?
4. During the first night of captivity, what emotions did Amanda feel?
5. Amanda pleaded with the people in the mosque to try to help her after they had escaped. What did she tell them?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)