|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 27 - 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, how did Amanda describe the overall smell of Kabul?
(a) Kerosene, wood smoke, and melting plastic.
(b) Garbage and sewer.
(c) Spices and chemicals.
(d) Street vendors baking.
2. Surprisingly, what was the lifeline for people in Somalia in Chapter 15?
(b) The pager.
(c) The cell phone.
(d) A telephone.
3. One day in Chapter 23, Mohammed and Abdullah entered Amanda's room and kicked her. What reason did Jamal give Amanda for the two men kicking her?
(a) Her mother wouldn't pay a ransom.
(b) They thought she was a fraud.
(c) They didn't like women.
(d) They thought she was stupid.
4. Th night the soldiers took Amanda into the desert to kill her in Chapter 27, who said he had saved her from death?
5. What did Amanda buy with the extra money she earned as a kid?
(b) National Geographic magazines.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, what was Kelly Barker's occupation?
2. In Chapter 25, Amanda was desperate to pass time and make peace with herself. What did she start to do that gave her purpose?
3. After Amanda and Nigel were split up in Chapter 23, how did they communicate?
4. In Chapter 19, what were two items that Nigel and Amanda received from Adam?
5. In Chapter 23, what was the one thing that gave Amanda joy?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)