|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15 - 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, how did Amanda describe the overall smell of Kabul?
(a) Street vendors baking.
(b) Kerosene, wood smoke, and melting plastic.
(c) Spices and chemicals.
(d) Garbage and sewer.
2. As they drove out of Mogadishu in Chapter 16, Amanda was deep in thought. What was she having happy thoughts about?
(a) Becoming a professional journalist.
(c) Her next destination.
(d) Marrying Nigel.
3. Who was sitting next to Amanda in Chapter 16 when she was in the SUV?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 11, where did Amanda travel?
5. What tribe did Amanda persuade Amanuddin to take her to visit in Chapter 11?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what type of music did the guy Kelly became interested in play on his Discman?
2. In Chapter 3, to what part of the world did Amanda decide to travel to for her first trip?
3. In Chapter 5, what event cut Amanda's first real trip short?
4. What was the most common language spoken in Afghanistan in Chapter 11?
5. What expensive item did Amanda buy in Chapter 10?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)