|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 32 - 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the first night of captivity, what emotions did Amanda feel?
(a) Fear and frustration.
(b) Rage and frustration.
(c) Anger and depression.
(d) Panic and faith.
2. After being converted to the Muslimreligion in Chapter 20, what did Amanda and Nigel need to learn to do?
(a) Forgive others.
(c) Read Arabic.
(d) Bless others.
3. At the end of Chapter 18, what word did Adam use to describe Nigel's sister's state of mind?
4. At the end of Chapter 35, how did Amanda stave off despair?
(a) Listening to the prayers outside.
(b) Small rituals.
(c) Write letters in her head to family.
(d) Found things to be thankful for.
5. In Chapter 10, where did Amanda go after leaving Ethiopia?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 34 during the ride to a new house, what could Amanda hear rattling at the feet of the boys jammed in the hatchback?
2. in Chapter 35, what did Amanda wish for?
3. In Chapter 32 after the interrogation when Amanda and Nigel were returned after their escape, Hassam entered the room with a bag. What was in the bag?
4. In Chapter 19, what did Amanda's mother say the ransom was?
5. In Chapter 10, where did Amanda meet Nigel?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)