Chapters 1 - 5
• Amanda shared details about her life during the months she spent in captivity with Nigel Breannan.
• They named the houses where they stayed and were often moved at night.
• When Amanda and Nigel saw other people, their faces were covered so no one could recognize them.
• Amanda had always believed the world was basically a good place.
• When she was nine, her parent divorced.
• Her father stayed in Red Deer, Alberta, Canada, with his partner Perry.
• Amanda, her two brothers, and her mother, Lori, moved to Sylvan Lake.
• Lori’s live-in boyfriend, Russell, was from the Indian reservation.
• Russell was abusive to Lori, and his extended family would stay at the apartment for days at a time.
• Russell was younger than Lori, and he had been raised like a foster son by Lori’s parents.
• Amanda became close to her older brother Mark when the move...
This section contains 4,864 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)