|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What structure does Seth plan to build on the garden site?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A fruit stand.
(c) A store.
(d) A garage.
2. Why is Mr. Biswas asked to join the new government agency after the war?
(a) Because of his experience in working with the Deserving Destitutes.
(b) Because of his writing skills.
(c) Because of his experience in construction.
(d) Because he has a large family.
3. What opposition does Mr. Biswas have to the family's plan to raise sheep?
(a) No one has the time to look after the flock.
(b) He believes it is immoral for Hindus to raise sheep for meat.
(c) The family does not own enough pasture.
(d) Sheep are noisy and smell bad.
4. Where does Mrs. Tulsi go when she leaves the Port of Spain?
5. In Book 2, Chapter 3, what gift does the family plan to give each child?
(a) A sheep.
(b) A book.
(c) A puppy.
(d) A kitten.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character receives a scholarship to the university?
2. In Book 2, Chapter 5, which items does Mrs. Tulsi insist on showing everyone?
3. In the beginning of Book 2, Chapter 3, where does the family plan to relocate?
4. Whom does Owad snub when he returns home?
5. What type of club does Owad join after he returns home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Biswas get his first job for the "Trinidad Sentinel?"
2. How does Mr. Biswas use Hanuman House after it has been abandoned by the Tulsi family?
3. How does the Deserving Destitutes Fund cause hardship for Mr. Biswas?
4. How do the school examinations affect the children of the Tulsi household?
5. How do Owad's communist views affect the Tulsi family?
6. Describe the house Mr. Biswas bought from the solicitor's clerk.
7. Who is the "Scarlet Pimpernel", and why are the islanders looking for him?
8. What threatens Mr. Biswas' job at the "Trinidad Sentinel"?
9. What does the Tulsi family plan to do in Shorthills?
10. How does Shama assist with the repairs to the new house?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)