|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far off the floor is one of the doors in the new house?
(a) A foot.
(b) Two inches.
(c) Six inches.
(d) Ten inches.
2. How does Mr. Biswas earn the $1,200 needed for the down payment on the house?
(a) He and Anand roof Mrs. Tulsi's house.
(b) He sells his house in Shorthills.
(c) He sells his office building.
(d) He sells his automobile.
3. What is the job of the certificate searcher?
(a) To help the wealthy procure visas and travel documents.
(b) To locate stolen and missing visas and travel documents.
(c) To help the illiterate apply for birth, death and marriage certificates.
(d) To catalog birth, death and marriage certificates in the civil office.
4. What is the price of the house for sale in Book 2, Chapter 6?
5. Where does Dorothy work?
(a) At home.
(b) At Mrs. Tulsi's store.
(c) At her family's cinema.
(d) At a local bookstore.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which newspaper offers Mr. Biswas a job?
2. Which character does Owad attack verbally?
3. In Book 2, Chapter 1, which relative invites Mr. Biswas for a visit?
4. Why does the man in the café need to sell his house?
5. In the beginning of Book 2, Chapter 3, where does the family plan to relocate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Deserving Destitutes Fund, and how did Mr. Biswas become involved in it?
2. How does Mr. Biswas use Hanuman House after it has been abandoned by the Tulsi family?
3. How does Mrs. Tulsi react to Owad's impending return from England?
4. Describe the estate at Shorthills.
5. Describe Shekhar's life as an adult.
6. How does the Biswas family feel about the purchase of their new home?
7. Describe the circumstances and events surrounding the destruction of Mr. Biswas' rose garden.
8. How does Mr. Biswas earn his promotion as reporter for the "Trinidad Sentinel?"
9. Why does the Biswas family leave Mrs. Tulsi's house in Port of Spain after Owad's return?
10. Describe the final details of the sale of the clerk's house.
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)