|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of garden does the work crew destroy in Chapter 2 of Book 2?
(a) A Japanese rock garden.
(b) An English-style flower garden.
(c) A vegetable garden.
(d) A rose garden.
2. What political party has Owad become involved with while overseas?
3. What color does Mr. Biswas paint his typewriter?
4. In Book 2, Chapter 6, what literature does Owad leave around the house?
(a) Democratic Left.
(b) The International Socialist Review.
(c) The New Libertarian.
(d) Soviet Weekly.
5. What author does Mr. Biswas favor during the period of time when working conditions at "The Sentinel" become extremely stressful?
(a) W.C. Fields.
(b) Charles Dickens.
(c) Emily Dickinson.
(d) Edgar Allen Poe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character enrolls in remedial classes at the college?
2. Which character fails the examination?
3. What about the house surprises Mr. Biswas?
4. What type of work does Mr. Biswas first perform for the newspaper?
5. Whom does Owad snub when he returns home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the house Mr. Biswas bought from the solicitor's clerk.
2. How does Mrs. Tulsi's return to Arwacas affect the family left in Port of Spain?
3. How does Mr. Biswas get his first job for the "Trinidad Sentinel?"
4. How is Mr. Biswas' second house spared from burning?
5. What factors contribute to the failure of the farm?
6. Describe the final details of the sale of the clerk's house.
7. How does the Deserving Destitutes Fund cause hardship for Mr. Biswas?
8. How does Mr. Biswas earn his promotion as reporter for the "Trinidad Sentinel?"
9. How does Mr. Biswas use Hanuman House after it has been abandoned by the Tulsi family?
10. How do the school examinations affect the children of the Tulsi household?
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)