|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the man in the café need to sell his house?
(a) He is tired of being a landlord.
(b) He is moving to England.
(c) His elderly mother can no longer manage the stairs.
(d) He can no longer afford the upkeep of the house.
2. Which newspaper offers Mr. Biswas a job?
(a) "The Trinidad News."
(b) "The Trinidad Star."
(c) "The Trinidad Times."
(d) "The Trinidad Sentinel."
3. Which character receives a scholarship to the university?
4. What claim does Prakash make that offends Mr. Biswas?
(a) His father has more money than Mr. Biswas.
(b) His father has more books than Mr. Biswas.
(c) Shama should never have married Mr. Biswas.
(d) Mr. Biswas is too stupid to build a house.
5. What color does Mr. Biswas paint his typewriter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which subject does Anand excel in at school?
2. In Book 2, Chapter 3, what gift does the family plan to give each child?
3. What is the job of the certificate searcher?
4. Why does Owad go to England?
5. What happens to the family's first orange crop?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Biswas use Hanuman House after it has been abandoned by the Tulsi family?
2. What factors contribute to the failure of the farm?
3. How is Mr. Biswas' second house spared from burning?
4. Describe the estate at Shorthills.
5. Describe Mr. Biswas' new job with the Community Welfare Department.
6. Describe the circumstances and events surrounding the destruction of Mr. Biswas' rose garden.
7. Why does the Biswas family leave Mrs. Tulsi's house in Port of Spain after Owad's return?
8. How do the school examinations affect the children of the Tulsi household?
9. Who is the "Scarlet Pimpernel", and why are the islanders looking for him?
10. How does Mr. Biswas find and purchase his dream house?
This section contains 1,089 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)